Part 2: The Early Show w/ Jackson kids (10-14-04)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
MJsPanda Posted: Oct 14 2004, 09:01 AM

Julie Chen Early Show Anchor (JC)
Hattie Kauffman: Interviewer (HK)
Jermaine Jackson (Jerm)
Jaafar Jackson: Jermaine's 8 year old son (Jaaf)
Jermajesty Jackson: Jermaine's 4 year Old Son (Maj)
Donte 12 (Don) Randy Jackson 12 (RJ): Randy's 12 year old twin sons
Genevieve Jackson (Gen): Randy's 14 year old daughter
Intros, outros and voice overs in BOLD!!

MICHAEL JACKSON's NIECE & NEPHEWS DEFEND THEIR UNCLE PART 2
the CBS EARLY SHOW! OCTOBER 14, 2004

Julie Chen: Michael Jackson's lawyers are set to go back to court today to ask for a reduction in his 3 MILLION DOLLAR BAIL! Despite his serious legal problems, Jackson's family continues to show support! His brother Jermaine and the youngest members of the Jackson Clann sat down for an exclusive interview with Early Show National Correspondant Hattie Kauffman at the California home where the Jackson 5, once lived!

Hattie Kauffman: Now when did the family move to this house?

HK: Jermaine Jackson lives in the mansion his parents bought, when the Jackson 5 shot to fame.

HK: So tell me where we are!?

Jermaine Jackson: We are in a um, picture gallery full of memories.. uh

HK: WOW!

(Jermaine is still talking in the background, but Hatti Interlude cuts in)

HK: Like any other star struck fan, Michael Jackson put up photos of himself with the rich & famous.

Jerm: Barbra Streisand, which we love her. Paul McCartney, Liz Taylor, Muhammad Ali, THE BOSS, Barry Gordy (quietly chuckes)

HK: Also on the wall, a shot of what COULD'VE BEEN an embarrassing moment.

Jerm: We did the Motown 25.

HK: YES!

Jerm: That was when my microphone wasn't working, we were doing I'll Be There and so Michael gave me his microphone.

HK: These days, it's the NEXT generation of Jacksons who call this place home, Michael Jackson's niece ans nephews!

(Genevieve Jackson singing more of Whitney Houston's "I Believe In You And Me")

Gen: Well, I really want to become a singer.

HK: Now, I wonder where you got that idea (both giggle)

HK: She's not the only one who likes to perform!

(BAD playing while Jaafar & Jermajesty dance on stage)

HK: Check out the moves of 8 year old Jaafar and 4 year old Jermajesty!

HK: The mansion has it's own stage with seating for an audience.

Jerm: That's what it's about, it's about the music, we're a musical family. It's not about all this craziness that they're trying to put on us!

HK: By craziness, he means the Child Molestation charges against Michael Jackson, the family all wore white at Jackson's last court appearance.

Jerm: We feel that it represents peace and we know that we're a peaceful family and... it was LaToya and Janet's idea.

HK: After the last court appearance Michael's attorney came out and said, he wished he hadn't paid previous settlements and he said settlements, with an "S", which is plural, which was the first time it was in the news. What do you mean there were other settlements?

Jerm: Well, I don't really know what he meant by other settlements, but during the time there was so much going on. There was so much going on with, my mother was ill, Michael was on tour, Janet was on a tour and sometimes you wanna just say. Listen, this what you want, so take it, you want money take it! Michael is strong because there's a strong family behind him, but at the same time he... If someone molested your child, are you gonna take money for it? I'm VERY happy today, that he's fighting. He's not fighting alone, he's fighting with us, fighting with him!

HK: The kids know the accusations against their uncle are serious. They play in the back yard of the mansion, but even the high walls, can't protect them from the taunts of classmates.

Donte Jackson: We don't listen to what they say, cause what they say, they don't understand anything, so we just ignore what they have to say.

Randy Jackson: They only think that what the media says is true , but we know the truth and...

Don: Yeah, we know our uncle!

HK: Do you watch any of the coverage?

Don: Yeah, we try not to, but it's everywhere. So, you have to see it, but we try not to as much as we can.

Gen: And it hurts us, like when they were putting him in handcuffs ya know, like that REALLY hurt our feelings because uhh (Donte butts in) and they called him Wacko! Gen: Yeah!

Jerm: It gets tough when they come out, the helicopters hovering and THEY KNOW. I mean, they know the WHOLE thing now. They know why the helicopters are flying over, they know why they're being teased at school and this an that, but at the same time, they know what's inside their heart!

HK: How much are you looking forward to this being over?

Don: Yeah, I'm looking forward to it!

Gen: I really want it to be over so people could just... Donte: Leave him alone... Gen: Yeah!

HK: Until now, these Jackson children have not spoken to the media. With the permission of Jermaine and his wife Alejandra, along with Jermaine and Michael's parents, we sat down with the kids!

HK: Why did you decide that you wanted America to see the kids?

Jerm: I felt that it was imortant to show the public that we have children, we are just like any other family.

HK: So this isn't like a say Michael's PR, or lawyer's said put the kids out there?

(Jermaine throuhout the whole question... No, No, No,No! laugh.gif)

Jerm: Nooo, he had nothing to do with it. Nooo, not at all! He doesn't even know this is going on.

HK: Oh Yeah?

Jerm: But he's going to very happy, he's gonna be very excited, cause we haven't told him anything.

HK: You're just gonna tell him tune in?

Jerm: Yeah, we'll tell him TUNE IN!

HK: And just in case Michael's watching, the kids have a message for him!

Gen: Uncle Michael we love you, we support you ALL THE WAY! Just always know that we're all here for you.

Fades out

HK: For The Early Show, Hattie Kauffman, Los Angeles...