Points shop turned off b/c security exploit

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
The Points Shop has been turned off for two reasons:
1. There is a security exploit in the code
2. The add-on is no longer supported by the creators of it.

Sorry guys. :( :(

mysteriousone

:( And just when I was about to buy everyone an easter egg! :( Aww....nevermind, it was fun while it lasted--don't feel bad, Whisper, it's not your fault! :)

Mysti!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. I wish they would have continued to work on it. But that's the way it goes sometimes. That often happens when people aren't getting paid to keep up code as extensive as that one was. :(

But as always, I'll keep my eye out for an alternative. :wink

mysteriousone

whisper;188742 said:
Yeah. I wish they would have continued to work on it. But that's the way it goes sometimes. That often happens when people aren't getting paid to keep up code as extensive as that one was. :(

But as always, I'll keep my eye out for an alternative. :wink

Aww...I wish I could have turned my points into real monies then money wouldn't have been an issue--I could and would have donated thousands to MJEOL, LOL! But hey, I don't think many used the points system much anyway, did they? I know of a few members who didn't have a clue how to go about buying and changing things etc, so perhaps there were only a few of us who actually used the points shop! :idontknow

But yeah, something else will come along--you're bound to find something for us, you always do, but don't go stressing yourself out over it! I'm sure the others are going to be cool about it, no biggie! :D I mean it's sad yeah, I mean I was almost a fricken millionnaire, LMAO but arghhhh I'm not gonna lose sleep over it! :uh_uh: :unsure: :lol

Mysti!

Shannon

Aah, that's totally understandable, whisper. It sucks yeah, especially since I was the next richest member on the board:lol , but don't worry about it, whisper. :) And as Mysti said, if I could convert the points into real money, I'd be more than happy to donate them to MJEOL. But as things are now, and have been since forever, I don't even have a VISA or Mastercard. :( Now that sucks, aye?

mysteriousone

ajkinkycuffs;188790 said:
So......just like that..............my points are all...gone?

*cries*......omg....:( I'm sad.
Aww...I feel for you, I do, Jelly! You had only just received a birthday present and have had it taken from you already, not to mention your FISH! :( And Tara, she received a book the other week for completing her fic, HIStory! :( That's the thing I will miss most where the points are concerned--giving gifts and donating monies!

But hey, it aint the end of the world--and besides, Whisper's keeping an eye out for an alternative! :thumbsup

Mysti!