Re: Official August 16th Hearing Thread

A

Anonymous

D.A. defends actions in Jackson case
Monday, August 16, 2004 Posted: 4:15 PM EDT (2015 GMT)

Michael Jackson gestures to fans as he leaves the courthouse for lunch Monday.

SANTA MARIA, California (CNN) -- The district attorney who filed child molestation charges against pop star Michael Jackson was called to the stand Monday during a preliminary hearing focusing on the prosecutor's actions in the weeks before the charges were lodged.

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Tom Sneddon appeared relaxed as he took the stand to defend his actions.

The hearing began at 10 a.m. (1 p.m. ET).

At issue is the defense's claim that Sneddon violated attorney-client privilege between Jackson and his former attorney, Mark Geragos, when Sneddon conducted a search of the office of a private investigator.

The defense claims the prosecutor knew or should have known that the investigator, Brad Miller, was working for Jackson at the time. As a result, the defense wants any information obtained in the search of Miller's office thrown out.

Sneddon maintained throughout the hearing that he did not know that Miller was directly employed by Geragos.

"It just never dawned on you that Miller could be working for Mark Geragos?" defense attorney Thomas Mesereau asked.

"That's true," Sneddon responded.

But the district attorney later acknowledged that he was aware Geragos was working on a property matter for Jackson.

Sneddon has a long history with Jackson. He investigated the pop star in 1993 for child molestation against a boy, a case that never made it to trial because of a multimillion dollar settlement with the boy and his family.

The Jackson family has since said the prosecutor has an ax to grind with the pop star.

Jackson, dressed in a white suit with a gold band on one of his arms, made a surprise visit during Monday's hearing, arriving in a tour bus along with members of his family, including both his parents, as well as siblings Jermaine, Janet and LaToya.

About 50 to 100 fans -- a much smaller crowd than at his previous court visits -- cheered and waved signs of support outside the court when Jackson arrived. A security guard held a black umbrella for Jackson as he entered the courthouse.

Jackson, 45, has pleaded not guilty to child molestation. The singer is charged with seven counts of performing lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14 and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent, reportedly wine.

In a development late Sunday, sources familiar with the investigation told CNN that the California attorney general's office has determined that Santa Barbara County sheriff's deputies treated pop star Michael Jackson properly when he surrendered himself to them last year. (Full story)

Jackson told CBS' "60 Minutes" in December that he was "manhandled very roughly" when he was taken into custody on the child molestation charges -- a claim the sheriff's department had denied.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/16/jackson....case/index.html

:sneddoncr

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
mystery777 Posted: Aug 16 2004, 03:47 PM

omg I just heard on Spanish tv...A REPORTER SAID SHE WAS INSIDE THE COURTROOM...

AND SHE SAID SNEDDON WAS EXPOSED...!!!! AND THAT IT WAS OVER FOR HIM...she said that the defense has proven that it is personal what SNeddon has against MJ..and they had proof coming since 93?!!!

Is she exagerating?!!!!!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Dimond continues to spin for Sneddon. SHe actually claimed Sneddon's admission to knowing Miller was "a little bombshell for a minute". I'm like, what the hell do you mean its a little bombshell for a minute? Her reporting is absolutely ridiculous and desperate.

dangerous

CBS just ran a report.. they said while Sneddon kept replying no, it drew snickers from the family, and at one point Michael even smiled. LOL.

Originally posted by dangerous
CBS just ran a report.. they said while Sneddon kept replying no, it drew snickers from the family, and at one point Michael even smiled. LOL.

*smiles* I can just see the look on Michael's face. :D I bet sneddy must of been mad, Michael must have done that to make him mad. He should do that more often. :kiss: to you Michael I love you... :kiss: :kiss:

K.M.A.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Posted: Aug 16 2004, 07:50 PM

Report from paramountmj!

I was finally able to reach her by phone, but she was at a restaurant, and it was very noisy so it was hard to talk. We're going to try to talk again later.

Most of what she said is what we already know about Sneddon's behavior and the things he said on the stand. There were two details I don't believe has been reported yet, so I'll just add those.

(1) The part where Sneddon claimed to have admitted to knowing that Miller worked for Geragos on the telephone conference and was willing to sign an affidavit to such, but then retracted the next day, Jen said Sneddon said the reason he made his "mistake" was because he was mad at a motion Franklin had filed. She didn't elaborate on that motion, but I don't think we've been told that Sneddon claimed to have been mad at Franklin.

(2) This part was VERY interesting! Jen said that Sneddon said on the stand today that he knew Miller worked for Geragos in Dec 2003. After Mez got that admission out of Sneddon, Mez then showed Sneddon a motion Sneddon had filed AFTER Dec 2003 in which he claimed to not know Miller worked for Geragos! THAT right there caught Sneddon in a bold faced lie! Either Sneddon was lying today about knowing that Miller worked for Geragos in Dec 2003 OR Sneddon lied in his post Dec 2003 dated motion about not knowing!!

The only other comment I got from Jen is that Sneddon is STUPID!

Jen said to look for her quotes in some of the local papers -- she was interviewed by a couple of reporters.

LuckyStar

Originally posted by whisper

(2) This part was VERY interesting! Jen said that Sneddon said on the stand today that he knew Miller worked for Geragos in Dec 2003. After Mez got that admission out of Sneddon, Mez then showed Sneddon a motion Sneddon had filed AFTER Dec 2003 in which he claimed to not know Miller worked for Geragos! THAT right there caught Sneddon in a bold faced lie! Either Sneddon was lying today about knowing that Miller worked for Geragos in Dec 2003 OR Sneddon lied in his post Dec 2003 dated motion about not knowing!!

HA! Getting nervous Sneddon? Huh? HUH? HUH?!?

HeavenSent

Originally posted by dangerous
Whisper, be sure to send ParamountMJ's and all other MJJF insider reports, the community of MJEOL's love and appreciation. :morethana
I second that! That was great that someone from MJJF was able to get the inside deal!

dangerous

Originally posted by whisper
Posted: Aug 16 2004, 07:50 PM

(1) The part where Sneddon claimed to have admitted to knowing that Miller worked for Geragos on the telephone conference and was willing to sign an affidavit to such, but then retracted the next day, Jen said Sneddon said the reason he made his "mistake" was because he was mad at a motion Franklin had filed. She didn't elaborate on that motion, but I don't think we've been told that Sneddon claimed to have been mad at Franklin.

Ok, it is quite obvious from the above that Sneddon is shitting bullets because his excuses dont add up. He says he realized the next day the mistake he made, but why doesnt he just realize then and there? Who did he gets his named crossed with? He mistaked Geragos and Miller? At what point does his mind go "hey, why would they make me sign an affadavit saying i acknowledge something completely legal?" Who signs and affadivat for something like "I acknowlege Mark Geragos works for Michael Jackson" ????? How is that at all logical?? :thehell

Also, he is stating he found out in December? So all this time he had ZERO knowledge of the correspondence between Geragos and Dickerman, ZERO knowlege of the correspondence between the attorney for Miller that showed up at his polices officer's illegal raid? ZERO knowledge after he raided and used information obtained to sign further search warrants? :confused: :confused: