Request for Thriller era pic

rosanna

Hi,

Do you guys remember a Rolling Stone issue from a while back with MJ on the cover? Cos I've been looking for that picture for some time now and I'm just beating myself up for not buying that magazine when I had the chance!

I didn't think at the time that the pic would be so hard to find, so I'm beginning to second guess myself on whether I've got the magazine right. I can't believe it's not on their site but at least I think it was Rolling Stone magazine. Anyhow, it was this special double issue that had two parts and it had two "front covers"... So it wasn't an actual tribute magazine just for MJ which is why I didn't buy it... :eek:

So if any of you have it, I would be eternally indepted to you if you'd share it with me!! Please, please, please?

It was from this photoshoot:

18649779-18649785-slarge.jpg

And if you don't get what the hell I'm talking about, you know, about the magazine, it would be helpful if you could just post whatever pics you've got from this photoshoot!

Thank you! And I mean it - eternally indepted! ;)

rosanna

Nope. Though that one is pretty sexy too, for sure! ;) Love the pensive pose... In the picture I'm thinking about he was wearing the same light yellow outfit as in the pic I posted before.

Well, I'm really beginning to think I imagined the whole thing... Why, oh why, didn't I just buy it when it was still available!? So stupid... It was so strikingly, breathtakingly beautiful... I shouldn't have minded that the whole magazine wasn't dedicated to just MJ; all or nothing is not a very good motto it seems. I got too greedy! :lol

Do you know of any pictures where he was wearing the same yellow clothes? Similar to the picture I posted before but his head was slightly turned to the side and he was looking at the camera. Please, someone tell me you know what I'm talking about and I'm not just crazy!

But you know, I couldn't have just dreamt it up cos my sister saw it too! There are eyewitnesses to it's existence! Must not give up... :lol

rosanna

LOL! I actually found it on my own! Oh joy! Here it is.

Righton.jpg

I was wrong about the magazine... Not Rolling Stone but Right On! Oh well... And I'm still pissed that I couldn't find a better version of this picture but that'll have to wait till later!

Kind of lame that I'm the only one commenting on my own thread...  :-[ Obsessed much!? I'll stop now, just wanted ya'll to see what I meant!  :p

Awww.. rosanna.. :) FINALLY you have found what you were looking for and GOSH! His eyes there...!

This mag that they have Mike on the cover is when after he passed right??? What you were looking is the pic they have used which was during Thriller era, eh? I don't think I have this mag..?..

Anyway, What's with this mag, rosanna?

rosanna

[quote name="sunshine.larrazabal"]
Awww.. rosanna.. :) FINALLY you have found what you were looking for and GOSH! His eyes there...!

This mag that they have Mike on the cover is when after he passed right??? What you were looking is the pic they have used which was during Thriller era, eh? I don't think I have this mag..?..

Anyway, What's with this mag, rosanna?
[/quote]

Yeah finally! And his eyes are breathtakingly heart wrenching, aren't they!? *swoon*

This indeed is after he passed and the picture they used was from 1983. I don't have it either because it wasn't an actual tribute to him. It was a double issue and the section dedicated to MJ wasn't all that long... I remember leafing through it in the store. Anyway, you didn't miss all that much even if you don't have it. It's just the cover that's beautiful!

And thanks for making me feel less pathetic by the way! ;)

[quote name="rosanna"]
Yeah finally! And his eyes are breathtakingly heart wrenching, aren't they!? *swoon*[/quote]

You can say that again! I could just grab him by the neck and kiss his left eye and then lips! lol

And thanks for making me feel less pathetic by the way! ;)

Bahahhaah.... Okay then.... Anytime, rosanna, anytime! ;D

rosanna

Thank you! :) Not exactly like the original but I do think it looks like Michael so... Close enough, I guess... I might start over sometime just to get it right, I'm so in love with that pic. All of the pictures from that photoshoot are so gorgeous! I wish I had better versions of them..