Runaway Child

babychick53

RUNAWAY CHILD
Tell Me what u think so far:)

Chapter One
In a dark house Ruby lay sobbing in a small corner of her room. Her parents thought she was
Stupid, ignorant, and cold hearted. "It’s not true." she mumbled as she wiped her teary eyes
With her sleeve. And it wasn't true. Ruby wasn't ignorant or cold hearted, she got straight A’s.
She was always kind to others and loved her parents with all her heart. But her parents always
Treated cruelly as if she was a stranger in their home. Even though the Parker family lived in a
Mansion in California Ruby felt alone. She had no friends because people thought she was
Crazy, ugly, a freak. Even her mother would say she was ugly. "Its not true." she sobbed again.
The only thought that ran though her head was to runaway and never come back
She slowly got up from the corner. Her feet numb. Her eyes bloody red from the tears.
And she walked to her closet. Got her bag packed as many pairs of clothes that would fit.
She wouldn't bring another pair of shoes, her tennis shoes would do fine.
' Now all I need is some money.' Ruby thought. She walked to her small bed and reached
Her hand till she grabbed a pink jewlery box that her grandmother had given her before she
Past away. Hot fresh tears streamed down her face as the lullaby played softly. Ruby
Silently closed the jewlery box and slowly walked to her bag and placed it inside.
"Might as well leave them a note." Ruby said with a sigh as she got a piece of paper and
And quickly wrote . . ..

Dear Mom&Dad

I've spent 16 years here and to my belief has been pure evil.
I've decided that I must leave. I need to make a new life for
Myself. I may never see both of you again. But I want
to tell the both of you that no matter how much you disliked
Me or even hated me. I want to tell you, Mom&Dad I loved
You both with all my heart.

With Love,
Ruby Parker

Ruby folded the note in squares placed it on her dresser and wrote
For: Mom&Dad
Then went and got her bag with her jewelry box as her only memento. With all her
Courage and pride she walked to her window. Slid it open quietly so no one could
Hear. She took a look out to see how far she'd have to go down. 'Thank God that
Big oak tree is right next to me.' Ruby thought. As she slipped her foot out to the
Tree, she clutched the small bag in her hands. Took a big gulp, and leaped to the
Tree. Scared to death. When her heart was usual pace, she made her way down
The big tree. "This isn't so hard." Ruby breathed out looking down at how much
Left she had left.
Finally she was on solid ground again, she blew out a sigh of relief. Took
One last look at want at the place she called home for soo long. Then took the long,
Hard path to a better and new life.

Chapter 2
"One way ticket to Houston, Texas, please." Ruby said handing the cashier $500
Dollars. She typed something down on the computer and without saying anything
Handed Ruby the ticket with a smile.
It was quite crowded on the plane to Texas but Ruby couldn't help but wonder
How Texas would be. Will she like it there as much as living in California? "Only
One way to find out.' Ruby answered herself gazing out of the window. "Just hope
Its better than my life was." Ruby finally thought before she dozed off to sleep.

"Tony!!. . .TONY!!" Mrs. Parker screamed out runny though the dark halls.
"Tony!!! . . . Tony Where ARE YOU??" She shrieked. Finally finding him in their
Library. "Tony . . . she's gone . . .Tony she's gone." Barbra whispered. "I knew
she'd leave." "What the hell does that mean!" She hissed. "It means Barbra. . .”
Mr. Parker said standing up from his chair. " I knew bringing a child in this world
Would only lead to a humungous mess." Mr. Parker shaking his head.
"OH SHUT UP TONY!! Ruby was are daughter and now she's gone!! I had to
To pretend to be the hatred parent . . .Ruby probably thinks I said hateful cruel
Things about her but that was ALL YOU!!" Barbra snapped. " MY baby is
Gone . . .my baby is gone . . .I'll never see her again because of you," She
Sobbed.
" Barbra . . ."
" Just shut up . . .just leave me alone." She said hoarsely.
Then without thinking threw her marriage ring in the blazing hot fire. With
Her emerald eyes fuming with hatred for her husband while gazing at the piece of metal burn in the firery blaze.
" I should have done
This a long time ago but I was foolish and now I have lost my daughter because
of it. But the mess ends now. I want I DIVORCE!!" She said in a repulsive growl.

Chapter 3
"Please stay seated until the plane has come to a stop." the pilot said
Though the speaker. Ruby quickly grabbed her bag and waited for the plane
To stop.
As she left the airport she thought carefully of the address of her Aunt Sofia.
She haled a taxi and gave him the address. Ruby just hoped her Aunt would
Let her stay with her.
“Here you go." Ruby said handing the man $24 dollars. He nodded then
Drove off. She swallowed hard and walked up to the bright red door, rang
The door bell. She heard footsteps, the door slowly opened and then
Appeared a shocked smile. "Ruby . . . dear is that you?" she asked widening
The door. "Yes its me Aunt Sofia." Ruby whispered. "So what’s brings you to
Old Texas?" She asked "Well em . . . I'll tell you but you must promise to
Keep it a secret. "I promise Ruby but please come in first." Aunt Sofia said
Leading her to her bright colored living room. "Now tell me what’s is it?” She asked
Said sitting on the sofa. “Well . . .um...” Ruby said confused on how she would
Say it. "Come on Ruby it can't be that bad." Aunt Sofia said softly. "Okay."
Ruby said slumping in a chair. She gulped, "I runaway and I'm never going
Back and I would like to stay here with you, do school, go to college, and
Possibly start a family here." Ruby blurted out. Aunt Sofia's mouth was wide open.
“You did what?”Aunt Sofia asked wide eyed.
“I um . . . ran away.” Ruby said looking down at the floor.
“Oh Lord help me.” Sofia gasped rubbing her temples.
“Please don’t tell me parents I’m here, Please Oh Please don’t tell them.” Ruby pleaded.
“You’re parents must be worried sick----”
“My parents don’t give a damn about me! They never cared about me so why would they care now.” Ruby snapped as hot tears flowed down her pale face and she quickly covered her face in her hands while she sobbed.
Silence filled the air between them except for the quiet sobs of Ruby.

“Please don’t tell them I’m here. . .” Ruby finally whispered though her hands. “Let me stay here with you.” Ruby whimpered.

Sofia didn’t anything at first just gazed at , crying niece, she felt her pain inside her very core and it hurt Sofia as well, but soon enough she kissed the top of Ruby’s head and no matter how much regret she felt inside her. She said with tears rolling down her check,
“You may stay my child you’re safe with me.”
Ruby just looked up at her aunt with a teary smile before giving her a warm embrace.

MJFanatic#1

Wow, that was really good! :D When I was reading it, I was thinking about how a lot of families always end that way. :readbook A daughter or a son decides to run away and THEN the parents start to worry. It's so common. I love how you visualized everything and the dialect was great. Nicely done! :thumbsup