Spike Lee's Michael Jackson Doc 'Bad 25' Will Have 1-Week Oscar-Qualifying Theatrical Run

MJfan01'

Following its Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival screenings, Spike Lee's Michael Jackson documentary, made in collaboration with the estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music, titled Bad 25, is already scheduled to air on ABC on Thanksgiving Day, in November.

However, before that, as reported this morning, the feature documentary will be released theatrically for 1 week, beginning October 19, but, unfortunately, only in New York, and Los Angeles.

I'm guessing this is to give it an Oscar-qualifying run.

Locations for the NYC and LA theatrical release follow:

New York: Oct. 19 to 26 at AMC Loews Theater; 66 Third Ave.

Los Angeles: Oct. 26 to Nov. 2 at Chinese 6 Theaters; 6801 Hollywood Blvd.

The rest of the USA will have to wait about another month, to see it on ABC on Thanksgiving night (November 22).

Bad 25 shares fresh insights into the King of Pop's creative vision that resulted in his landmark Bad album, marking its 25th anniversary this year.

"This will be a very special Thanksgiving for all families to enjoy the genius of Michael Jackson... Big thanks to ABC for allowing people to witness the making of Michael Jackson's 'BAD' album. Shamon," said Spike Lee in a statement.

The film promises rare and never-before-seen footage, and the first ever in-depth, behind-the-scenes film project to chronicle a Michael Jackson album and tour.

Included will be numerous interviews conducted by Spike Lee, including Jackson's confidants, choreographers, musicians and collaborators.

We've been teased with a clip or two of Bad 25; a first full trailer should Premiere soon.

agpwy.jpg

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/spike-lees-michael-jackson-doc-bad-25-will-have-1-week-oscar-qualifying-theatrical-run#

Jingles

I was taking a CPR class during the time SC was on the radio and such. What a horrible time I had working with the dummy. I did manage to pass my certification dispite the giggles sometimes.

Other than the really sad part during the intro to MITM, I found the documentary really enjoyable - almost like old times. I can't believe he was perched in the ceiling like that. I always wondered where he jumped down from. I guess we all learned a few things.