Statement of Tom Mesereau Re False Reports about Representation

danaluvsmj

from MJJF:

Statement of Thomas A. Mesereau RE:, Mr. Michael Jackson

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2006

STATEMENT OF ATTORNEY THOMAS A. MESEREAU, JR. REGARDING MR. MICHAEL JACKSON

Attorney Thomas A. Mesereau, Jr., issues the following statement regarding Mr. Michael Jackson:

I am very disturbed by the false, erroneous, and self-serving reports about the relationship between Michael Jackson, my law partner, Susan Yu, and me.

At the conclusion of the criminal trial in Santa Maria, CA., Michael Jackson was acquitted 14 times. The jury acquitted him of 10 felonies and 4 lesser-included misdemeanors. Michael Jackson was completely vindicated and exonerated by these verdicts.

Shortly thereafter, Michael Jackson, and his beautiful children, moved to the Middle East. Attorney Susan Yu and I were asked to help him during this difficult period of transition. Michael and his children were exhausted by the terrible, unjust prosecution, and needed to start a new chapter in their lives.

Because Michael Jackson was our client, and is our friend, Attorney Susan Yu and I agreed to help him, and his family, during this time of transition.

For approximately seven months, we assisted Michael Jackson in this effort.

We never intended to assume these obligations on a permanent basis. For example, my love is Criminal defense. I will be in trial in the State of Alabama during April and June, in two Capital murder cases, in which I am representing the client free of charge. I am also assisting in the development of a free legal clinic for the poor at a prominent African American church in Los Angeles. Attorney Susan Yu has other clients that she needs to attend to as well.

We are still in communications with Michael Jackson, and his assistants, and remain close friends. Mr. Jackson completely understands the situation and is grateful to us for helping him with the transition. The speculation that surrounds this situation is nothing but shallow tabloid reporting.

People should leave Mr. Jackson and his family alone.

Source: Raymone K Bain

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about yall, but when I was reading that, I was visualizing Mesereau bitch-slapping Roger Friedman in the mouth. :rollin :lol