The Justice Hustle: Classic Quotes

dangerous

I decided to make this thread after i saw Felicia's (Floacist) signature and burst out laughing :lol: GURL! I love that pic and caption!

In honour of his quick wit and razor sharp questiioning, the purpose of this thread is to compile throughout the rest of the trial CLASSIC Tmez quotes. Ya know the ones, that make you go DAMN! :popcorn

I started collecting some, but i know there are some out there that i dont remember. Post them, and i'll constantly update the first post as time goes on. Remember to include the date, and a bit of the surrounding testimony if it isnt immediatley clear.

Michael vindication will be that much sweeter when we remember these quotes. Enjoy!

--------------------------

MR.ZONEN: Once again this was something counsel approved of
MR: MESEREAU: No, I didn’t
MR.ZONEN: He’s lying. That’s simply not true
MR: MESEREAU: He’s lying
MR.ZONEN: I’ll take a polygraph
MR: MESEREAU: You’ll fail it.
04-14-05

"How many times, in your mind, did you escape from that dungeon, Neverland?"
04-15-05

JANET JACKSON: "I'm a poor actress."
MR: MESEREAU: "I think you're a good one,"
04-15-05

"We're quite confident of what they're going to look like after they're subjected finally to cross-examination,"

MR: MESEREAU: You told Prosecutor Sneddon that Michael Jackson had showed you those magazines, right?
STAR ARVISO: Yes.
MR: MESEREAU: Michael Jackson never showed you that magazine, "Barely Legal," did he?
STAR ARVISO: What?
MR: MESEREAU: Michael Jackson never showed you that magazine, "Barely Legal," did he?
STAR ARVISO: He did show us.
MR: MESEREAU: He did?
MR: MESEREAU: Well, Star, did you look at the date of the magazine? It's August of 2003, is it not?
STAR ARVISO: Well, I never said that was exactly that one.

MR: MESEREAU: How many times do you think your family escaped from Neverland and then went back so they could escape again?
3/9-2005

MR: MESEREAU: Did you actually count those stairs?
MR: MESEREAU: When?
STAR ARVISO: I don't know the exact date. But I remember counting them.
MR: MESEREAU: When you were at Neverland?
MR: MESEREAU: And what was the purpose for counting them?
STAR ARVISO: I don't know. I do that at every house I go to with stairs. I just count the stairs.
MR: MESEREAU: So you're a compulsive stair-counter?
3/9-2005

Id like to ask you a few questions about that lawsuit you lost
04-07-2005

After a six month trial this is a good way to get even with him isn’t it?
04-07-2005

Obviously the evidence they want to bring in has nothing directly to do with the Arvizo family, who, yes, Mr. Sneddon is correct, by the time the trial ends, their reputations and their fraudulent acts will be all over the courtroom. The best is yet to come, because the mother hasn't testified to her perjury in depositions, and her perjury on welfare applications, and her defrauding disability, and her defrauding welfare and not telling either one what they're doing, where she put the money, what she said to newspapers, what she said to certain celebrities, et cetera. The best is yet to come.
03-28-2005

"It seems to me you seem to remember more details of the alleged molestation every time you talk to the authorities".
04-07-2005

"You lied under oath to increase the amount of money, correct?"
04-16-05

"How many lies do you think you told in the JC Penney case?"
04-16-05

"But your idea of justice was millions of dollars"
04-08-05

He took a lot of time away from his career to help this child and help his family, never knowing that the trap was being set. And I'm going to tell you how the trap was set.
-opening statements

"I'm telling you there was only a leg wax," the woman said, before pointing at Jackson, who was seated at the defense table. "He has the ability to choreograph everything."
"And how about you?" Mesereau shot back.
04-16-05

Arvizo: I'd try to slip something in, or i would say one word, say another sentence and say another word, hoping that when a person would sit and think, they'd say "wait a minute, that word doesn't match this". I was constantly trying to leave clues for people.
Mesereau: Did you leave any clues for Major Jay Jackson when you stayed at his home?
(18.04.2005)

Mesereau: Now at this point in time, you though that Mr. Jackson, one of the best known people in the world, was trying to just kidnap your whole family, right?
(18.04.2005)

Mesereau: And you have no idea why anybody put any money into that account, right?
Arvizo: This is correct.
Mesereau: You just saw the money there and withdraw it, right?
(19.04.2005)

Mesereau: Do you know when he took you there?
Arvizo: Immediately.
Mesereau: But didn't you testify in the deposition you didn't have these bruises immediately?
(19.04.2005)

Mesereau: Have you done any investigation into Michael Jackson's actions around the world for children?
Zonen: Objection. Argumentative.
The Court: It's not argumentative, but it's not material.
(18.04.2005)

Mesereau: You didn't dial 9-1-1, did you?
Arvizo: That's correct. But i have now.
Mesereau: After meeting with two attorneys, correct?
(18.04.2005)

Mesereau: Based on reports you made to the police, David Arvizo was charged with domestic violence a couple of times, right?
Arvizo: I don't know what you're talking about.
Mesereau: I'll be happy to rephrase.
(18.04.2005)

Mesereau: You never got the millions you were seeking, correct?
Abdool: That's correct, sir.
(25.04.2005)

Abdool admitted that he and the other plaintiffs, who were ultimately ordered to pay Jackson more than $1 million in damages, sold their story to a tabloid newspaper for $15 000 in order to fund the lawsuit.
Mesereau: Obviously, that turned out to be a poor investment.
(25.04.2005)

floacist

I love this!:lol:

Mez is a hustla, Cassidy has nothing on Mez' sexy ass..haha.

MR: MESEREAU: How many times do you think your family escaped from Neverland and then went back so they could escape again?
3/9-2005
^
Thats my fav. one right there!

I am just waiting for Michael and Mez to do the Hustla shuffle dance when this is all done and for Mike to yell.."Im a hustla..homie!" and Mez to chime out "ASK ABOUTTT MEEE!"

If anyone doesnt really get the whole hustla theme of this, load the song Hustla by Cassidy or the remix with Mary, its Mez theme song whenever he walks into court.:lol:

privacy

04-14-05

Id like to ask you a few questions about that lawsuit you lost
04-07-2005

^^ I love those two!! :lol:

This thread is excellent! :laugh

A

Anonymous

A great topic!!!

Here i add some quotes:

"It seems to me you seem to remember more details of the alleged molestation every time you talk to the authorities".

(the maid testified she was not seeking money only justice"
Mesereau: "But your idea of justice was millions of dollars". :lol:

"Stop talking to the jury, you will have a chance to do during redirect".

"Greed begets greed".

"I'm going to show you how the trap was set".

He's simply brilliant. :popcorn

:D

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by dangerous

04-14-05
3/9-2005
STAR ARVISO: I don't know. I do that at every house I go to with stairs. I just count the stairs.
3/9-2005

These are the best!!! :crackingu :crackingu :crackingu Oh Mez, you're the man! :D

:sneddoncr <<< Sneddumb :popcorn

Off_the_wall

3/9-2005

3/9-2005

:laugh those are my faves! :lol:

dangerous

Originally posted by Catherine
A great topic!!!

Here i add some quotes:

(the maid testified she was not seeking money only justice"
Mesereau: "But your idea of justice was millions of dollars". :lol:

"Stop talking to the jury, you will have a chance to do during redirect".

"Greed begets greed".

"I'm going to show you how the trap was set".

He's simply brilliant. :popcorn

:D

thanks for the entries :D

just i dont remember the date for "greed begets greed" and is the the second one "Stop talking to the jury, you will have a chance to do THAT during redirect? I just wanna make sure, because i want exactly tmez' quotes up there!

thanks everyone! :drinkingb

HeavenSent

LOL I love the compulsive stair counter quote!

And
3/9-2005
Step aside you wannabes!

HotMJ!

:thumbsup

The kid's answer makes it even better, and should be included for context!

(You can take it from this news quote)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-0...htm?POE=LIFISVA

...."The 17 stairs" sounds like the title of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller. It isn't. Jackson's lead lawyer, Tom Mesereau, questioned the younger brother's [Star Arvizo] testimony that he twice went up a staircase in Jackson's two-level bedroom suite and saw the singer molesting his brother. The witness said there were 17 stairs.

"Did someone from the prosecution team tell you there were 17 stairs?" Mesereau asked. No, the younger brother said, he had counted them. How come? "I don't know. I do that everywhere I go. I just count stairs," he said.

"So you're a compulsive stair-counter?" Mesereau asked. To test the witness, the lawyer asked him how many stairs lead to the bedrooms of Jackson's three children. The boy's answer drew a laugh from a woman juror. He said those stairs are "not in a straight line, so I didn't count 'em."

:crackingu :crackingu :crackingu

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by dangerous
thanks for the entries :D

just i dont remember the date for "greed begets greed" and is the the second one "Stop talking to the jury, you will have a chance to do THAT during redirect? I just wanna make sure, because i want exactly tmez' quotes up there!

thanks everyone! :drinkingb

sorry i don't remember exactly where the first one is from but surely i read twice that it was by him. I'll check it anyway i try to find out dates.

the second one is from yesterday reports but as i still haven't got transcripts so it is from news reports. Should i remove it till it is confirmed by transcripts? :popcorn

dangerous

no, we'll include those from news transcripts. We can double check them later. Hopefully mjjsource or mjjf will have them up eventually in some form.

HotMJ, i'll post his response in a bit, i'll copy it from the transcript. THanks!

updated, with another one from yesterday's cross!

HotMJ!

:crackingu

I've been looking for this one! Found it!

It's best in context!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-0...nt_x.htm?csp=34

The prosecutor also asked if the boy's [Gavin Arvizo] behavior changed during the flight.

She [flight attendant Cynthia Bell] said the boy was consistently rude except when listening to music.

Under questioning by Mesereau, she said the boy's mother was aware of his rude behavior and didn't stop it.

The flight attendant also said the boy had a wide range of unreasonable complaints.

"His chicken was warm. 'I want a side of coleslaw. I don't want it on the same plate.' ... He was very demanding throughout the entire flight," she said.

Mesereau seemed to revel in questioning Bell about the boy's behavior.

"Have you told the jury every rude thing you can remember?" the defense attorney asked.

"Well, there were so many," she said, adding that the boy also complained about a lack of napkins in the lavatory.

On Tuesday, Bell said it was her idea to serve Jackson wine in soda cans and it became a routine on all his flights because "Michael Jackson is a very private drinker." She said Jackson was a nervous flier who could not stand turbulence.

privacy

The boy's answer drew a laugh from a woman juror. He said those stairs are "not in a straight line, so I didn't count 'em."

:lol:
"I'm telling you there was only a leg wax," the woman said, before pointing at Jackson, who was seated at the defense table. "He has the ability to choreograph everything."
"And how about you?" Mesereau shot back.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA I <3 Mez

HotMJ!

Context is everything! Let's leave it in when we quote the Mezzinator!

http://site.mjeol.com/modules/news/article...hp?storyid=1600

Mesereau suggested her claim against the JCPenney store that bruises on her body were caused by its security guards would have been weakened by the revelation of spousal abuse.

"How many lies do you think you told in the JCPenney case?" Mesereau asked.

In evasive responses, she reluctantly conceded she lied about anything to do with her then husband until his subsequent arrest.

HotMJ!

Mike Taibbi (and whisper!) liked this one!

http://site.mjeol.com/modules/news/article...hp?storyid=1602

-Mike Taibbi reported on the Abrams Report yesterday (April 15) that the mother [Janut Arvizo] accused the attorneys representing her during that JC Penney lawsuit of lying, too:

...At that point, she said, ‘But before I even got a settlement I went to my civil attorney and had them try and cure the perjury by changing my testimony in that case, my deposition testimony. But they didn’t do it. They lied! They’re liars!’ meaning the law firm.

And Mesereau says ‘And you’re not?’ At that point Melville said ‘Do you want me to shut down this trial for the afternoon? Let’s start taking this seriously.’

HeavenSent

All this sh*t isn't so much 'crack you up' funny as it is unbelievably 'shaking my head' sad.

And Melville had the nerve to say "Let's start taking this seriously". Erm....