THIS IS IT nominated for Best Movie at BET awards

link: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163947 ... ent=PubSub

After performing at the World Series, headlining a 9/11 benefit concert at Madison Square Garden and being named MTV News' Hottest MC in the Game, it's no surprise that Jay-Z received the most nominations for the upcoming 2010 BET Awards.

The Brooklyn MC scored nods in the Best Male Hip-Hop Artist, Best Collaboration ("Empire State of Mind"), Video of the Year ("Empire State of Mind" and "Run this Town") and Viewer's Choice categories to lead the way with five nominations, it was announced Tuesday (May 18).

Teen heart throb Justin Bieber picked up a surprise nomination for Best New Artist, his only recognition. "That was not a joke," BET executive Stephen Hill said, laughing in response to the singer's nod.

Beyoncé (Best Female R&B Artist), Alicia Keys (Best Female R&B Artist), Trey Songz (Best Collaboration, for "Successful" and "Say Aah") and newcomer Melanie Fiona (Centric Award) were among the other multiple nominees, each receiving four nods.

Lil Wayne's protégés did well too, with Drake picking up three nominations, including Best Male Hip-Hop Artist, Nicki Minaj scoring two nods and Young Money as a collective earning three nominations, including as the only crew up for Best New Artist.

Drake and Nicki Minaj will also be among those scheduled to take the stage to perform during the evening, in addition to Trey Songz and Diddy-Dirty Money.

Rihanna, Fabolous, B.o.B, Monica, and Maxwell round out the multiple nominees with two nominations apiece.

New categories introduced for the show, now in its 10th year, include Best Movie and Young Stars Awards, in which Selena Gomez and Will Smith's daughter Willow will compete against each other.

Queen Latifah is set to host the festivities live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on June 27. "Mo'Nique will slap the sh-- outta me if I don't do a good job," Latifah told the gathered media, in regards to following in the footsteps of the comedian and Jada Pinkett-Smith as female hosts.

Diddy will host the post-show, as he counts down the release of his album, Last Train to Paris, which arrives June 28.

The full list of nominees, according to BET:

Best Female R&B Artist
» Beyoncé
» Mary J. Blige
» Melanie Fiona
» Alicia Keys
» Rihanna

Best Male R&B Artist
» Chris Brown
» Raheem DeVaughn
» Maxwell
» Trey Songz
» Usher

Best Female Hip Hop Artist
» Ester Dean
» Lil Kim
» Nicki Minaj
» Rasheeda
» Trina

Best Male Hip Hop Artist
» B.o.B
» Drake
» Fabolous
» Jay-Z
» Ludacris

Best New Artist
» Justin Bieber
» Melanie Fiona
» Nicki Minaj
» Wale
» Young Money

Best Gospel
» The Anointed Pace Sisters
» Kirk Franklin Presents: Artists United for Haiti
» Tamela Mann
» Marvin Sapp
» Vickie Winans

Best Group
» Black Eyed Peas
» Clipse
» Diddy-Dirty Money
» New Boyz
» Young Money

Best Collaboration
» Beyoncé (featuring Lady Gaga) - "Video Phone"
» B.o.B (featuring Bruno Mars) - Nothin' on You
» Drake and Trey Songz - "Successful"
» Drake (featuring Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Eminem) - "Forever"
» Jay-Z and Alicia Keys - "Empire State of Mind"
» Trey Songz (featuring Fabolous) - "Say Aah"

Video Director of the Year
» Benny Boom
» Gil Green
» Anthony Mandler
» Chris Robinson
» Hype Williams

Video of the Year
» Beyoncé (featuring Lady Gaga) - "Video Phone"
» B.o.B (featuring Bruno Mars) - Nothin' on You
» Melanie Fiona - "It Kills Me"
» Jay-Z, Rihanna and Kanye West - "Run This Town"

Best Actress
» Taraji P. Henson
» Regina King
» Mo'Nique
» Zoe Saldana
» Gabourey Sidibe

Best Actor
» Quinton Aaron
» Don Cheadle
» Idris Elba
» Jamie Foxx
» Denzel Washington

Best Movie
» "Avatar"
» "Law Abiding Citizen"
» "Michael Jackson's This Is It"
» "Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire"
» "The Blind Side"

Young Stars Award
» Selena Gomez
» Lil JJ
» Keke Palmer
» Willow Smith
» Tyler James Williams

Subway Sportswoman of the Year
» Tamika Catchings
» Vanessa James
» Candace Parker
» Serena Williams
» Venus Williams

Subway Sportsman of the Year
» Carmelo Anthony
» Usain Bolt
» Kobe Bryant
» LeBron James
» Tiger Woods

Viewer's Choice
» Beyoncé - "Sweet Dreams"
» Monica - "Everything to Me"
» Rihanna (featuring Young Jeezy) - "Hard"
» Trey Songz (featuring Fabolous) - "Say Aah"
» Young Money (featuring Lloyd) - "Bedrock"

Best International Act
» Kojo Antwi (Ghana)
» Chipmunk (U.K.)
» Dizzee Rascal (U.K.)
» Estelle (U.K.)
» Hip Hop Pantsula (South Africa)
» K'NAAN (Somalia)
» M.I. (Nigeria)
» P-Square (Nigeria)
» Corinne Bailey Rae (U.K.)
» Sade (U.K.)

Centric Award
» Melanie Fiona
» Maxwell
» Chrisette Michele
» Monica
» Sade

I am not having high hopes here, I mean this is for me crazy being nominated along with real movies! Mike's THIS IS IT was not a movie, it's a documentary film and should have it's own category BUT I am not having high hopes here although I guess I then have to thank that it's being nominated???? :blink

Saphster

60% now.

Avatar has 16%. You think Michael would have loved Avatar? I have a feeling he would have. :]

Michael would be so mad if he knew his rehearsals were turned into a movie and nominated for best movie. He wasn't at his full Michael Jackson the performer best. He was just rehearsing.

Unfortunately I don't have BET anymore. I'm not sure why but if TII wins someone please let me know.

Juniorlady

The other nominations(Avatar, Precious, The Blindside) picked for Best Movie were pretty good movies. It looks like TII is in the lead right now. I thought Precious was going to be a shoo-in for the award.

oldschoolfan

[quote name="Saphster"]60% now.

Avatar has 16%. You think Michael would have loved Avatar? I have a feeling he would have. :]
[/quote]

I've never seen the movie myself but I've always thought about Michael liking the movie.

Teva

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]
[quote name="Saphster"]60% now.

[/quote][/quote]

IMO James Cameron is to movies what Michael was to music.