What do you guys think about MJ doing....

Mack Dogg

....Neo-Soul. Whisper knows what that is, but for those that don;t know what it is, it's a musical genre that fuses contemporary R&B, 1970s style soul, jazz, and elements of alternative-hip hop. A lot of artists are neo soul singers. For example Erykah Badu, India Arie, Musiq Soulchild, Corrine Bailey Rae, even Alicia Keys. The list goes on but, if you've heard any of these artists music you know what I'm talking about. It might fit him. He said that he was going to do something different right? Why not neo soul! Who agrees?

Tessa

I think thats what he's being doing dont you think? A mix of genres all the time...thats why he has been able to appeal to all kinds of tastes in music...

I think he should stick to being just different

Michael's_Lolly

^^ Agreed.
Neo-soul doesn't sound like a genre I like, but beside that, I'd rather see Michael keep to his own thing. It would be a sad day if he could fall into a category or fit into a label...the world would end.
so no, I hope he keeps to being different. :)
~ML~

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I'd more of that! Butterflies is STILL my jam.. *singing 'you give me butterflies...inside...inside....*:lol

But I like all forms of music that Mike does. More importantly, I don't want him to ever lose confidence in his abilities as a musician. He's had a lot of $hit happen to him that have blunted the attention of his recent music. So I don't want him to feel like he HAS to do a specific genre in order to be accepted again.

He's gonna get back to the top of the charts and he's going to do it on his terms. But MAN I'd love to hear Mike singing more songs along the lines of Butterflies.

Will.i.am already said that he'd prefer to work with "lush melodies". That's Neosoul right there. :D

Michael's_Lolly

^^Well, or that could be speechless, or classical. lush melodies is anything that could actually be called music. XD maybe neo soul.
but I hope not--for the sake of not labeling. and limiting. etc etc. He's Michael. period. Not RnB, hip hop, rock, neo soul, soul, whatever. He's Michael, and he's everything and nothing.
I hope he does something that comes from his heart, that's all. ^_^
~ML~

Tessa

Yeah Michael Jackson is a genre in it self..you see other artist putting a little"Michael" in their music once in a while lol..but

Lush Melodies to me was like the kind of music that sticks in your head for a loooong time..it could be catchy dance tunes or songs with a message for the whole world to know..you know?

Something that would stop all other music in the tracks like: snap with it..or lean with it...dont make no sense really...just about a dance...we want real music people

At least Jonh Legend is trying something, and Chris Brown, and other people...

Michael's_Lolly

I agree there too ^^
Lush melodies would prob be anything that can actually be called music.
Personally what I call music is anything from the heart, inspired, true to oneself. My preferred style is meaningful, and I just think that something from the heart and inspired would be meaningful and not a fluffy dance track.
As will said, knock them upside the head with real music! :lol
some are trying...but Michael needs to usher it in, he's the one with the most power and influence, he's the one we could rely on to bring music back to this world :wub:
like I said--my end all point is that I just wanna see him do what comes truly from his beautiful heart. :lol :wub:
~ML~

Michael's_Lolly

stangetheman@YAHOO.COM;181018 said:
Every body should know michael is soul music

:blink: wha...?

Here's something else:
What would you think of Michael doing classical rocked? :D
Evanescence
Moi dix Mois
Malice Mizer
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
That kinda style.
U-nique. :D
~ML~

Shannon

Michael Jackson is a genre of its own -- at least in my opinion. I want him to follow his heart, his desire, and make whatever music he wants to. I don't care what it is, I just want new music.

Michael's_Lolly

^^yep, agree, same as I said. :D :lol
and based off of that new song, his voice is absolutely gorgeous. He's DEF in his vocal prime. XD
I don't want it to go to waste...it's breathtakingly beautiful :wub::lol
~ML~

Shannon

Michael's_Lolly;181158 said:
^^yep, agree, same as I said. :D :lol
and based off of that new song, his voice is absolutely gorgeous. He's DEF in his vocal prime. XD
I don't want it to go to waste...it's breathtakingly beautiful :wub::lol
~ML~

Indeed. And Will.I.Am even stated his voice is better than... what was it? Thriller era? :unsure: So yeah, I predict we have some great stuff ahead of us. :D

Michael's_Lolly

he said, "I didn't hear it, back then, but his voice, to me, sounds better now, than it did, like, back when he was recording Billie Jean and Off the Wall and those..."
something like that. XD I thought he said it kinda funny. :/ :lol
I hope so! I hope you're right! And I hope Will was telling the truth, that their going for real music, real lush stuff...something that'll showcase his voice, not ruin it. :lol:wub:
~ML~

Tessa

Michael's_Lolly;181162 said:
he said, "I didn't hear it, back then, but his voice, to me, sounds better now, than it did, like, back when he was recording Billie Jean and Off the Wall and those..."
something like that. XD I thought he said it kinda funny. :/ :lol
I hope so! I hope you're right! And I hope Will was telling the truth, that their going for real music, real lush stuff...something that'll showcase his voice, not ruin it. :lol:wub:
~ML~

Well then I guess you did here it...cuz Billie Jean was in The Thriller era lol