What was damaged in 8 years can\'t be fixed overnight, that\'s why.....

Mack Dogg

I'm tired of seeing all the rants about what President Obama isn't doing. What people need to realize is that The Democrats that are in congress need to get off their asses any save this country, cause if 2012 comes and we have a Republican president I'm shipping to Canada. Unemployment maybe at 10%, but top economist say the recessions over and this is just the after effects. I predict that the economy will be back to normal in the middle of next year. As far as the recent adding troops to Afghanistan, I don't want another soldier to die, but I don't want another 9/11 neither. The president isn't trying to please everyone, he's doing what he feels is right for our country. Just speaking my mind.

BTW: Faux News is evil!

OneMoreChance

This is completely true. I knew it was be probably a year or more before we saw any significant inprovement in anything. I think people expected Presideent Obama to be a miracle worker. The Republicans need to stop fighting everything the President wants to do. It is getting better at a steady pace. Everyone just needs to be patient.

Cristine87

I agree! His approval rating supposedly went down 49%, but what the hell? Obama can't snap his fingers and make everything right again. He's the president of the united states and he has a hard job!

2bad4ever2009

Okay, I'm going to probably get blocked like I did from the last MJ board for my opinion. WE ARE IN AMERICA PEOPLE. I shouldn't get banned for my opinion.

I don't agree what Bush did was right, but he tried. All that I've seen is the government using my hard earning money (I'm below poverty line, and I'm getting over $100 taken out of my checks now, instead of 50-60 when I could work for taxes) I'm only getting paid 7.50 an hour and I'm so fcuking tired to the damn government partying it up, in the white house, holding dinners and everything. I don't have heath coverage and quite honestly I'm heathly, my daughters on medicaid and they are using my money to fund their dates, and dinners!

WHY THE HELL SHOULD I HAVE TO TIGHTEN MY BELT WHEN THE FCUKING GOVERNMENT FUNDS THEIR SPECIAL INTERESTS AND GET BONUSES!?!?!

WHY!?!?!

I have to pay over $500 a month for child care, I have to pay 250 in rent every month, not to mention diapers, and food, and money for gas and everything else?

WHO IS HELPING ME OUT!?!?!

NOONE!

Now I have to pay for fcuking healthcare that I don't want either?

I'm sorry I do watch fox news, because they are actually covering the stuff that ABC CBS and all the other aren't!

I want to know what's in store for my daughters future, I want what's best for her!

I understand obama trying, but YOU NEED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

IF I NEED TO TIGHTEN MY BELT SO SHOULD THE GOVERNMENT AND THE PRESIDENT ESPECIALLY!

NOT LIVING LIKE HE'S A CELEBRITY!

DAMN!

Sorry I'm just sick of people saying he's perfect and that he's doing great for this country.

Bush started this, but Obama's not making it any better in my opinion, he's making it 100 times worse in my opinion.

I have a daughter to raise, and the job markets tough, and I had to find a job. McDonalds was the only one hiring. It just makes me sick to my stomach to see all this going on.

I'm already pinching pennies, if this heathcare bill goes through. I might as well file bankruptcy. I don't have a credit card and I've gone to school but couldn't finish because I couldn't afford it anymore.

Another thing to think about too, if this healthcare bill goes through, will my employer have to lay me off because they have to cut back to afford to provide healthcare for their employees? Seriously? Does anyone think about how this might effect people in my position?

Cristine87

2bad4ever2009;227705 said:
Okay, I'm going to probably get blocked like I did from the last MJ board for my opinion. WE ARE IN AMERICA PEOPLE. I shouldn't get banned for my opinion.

I don't agree what Bush did was right, but he tried. All that I've seen is the government using my hard earning money (I'm below poverty line, and I'm getting over $100 taken out of my checks now, instead of 50-60 when I could work for taxes) I'm only getting paid 7.50 an hour and I'm so fcuking tired to the damn government partying it up, in the white house, holding dinners and everything. I don't have heath coverage and quite honestly I'm heathly, my daughters on medicaid and they are using my money to fund their dates, and dinners!

WHY THE HELL SHOULD I HAVE TO TIGHTEN MY BELT WHEN THE FCUKING GOVERNMENT FUNDS THEIR SPECIAL INTERESTS AND GET BONUSES!?!?!

WHY!?!?!

I have to pay over $500 a month for child care, I have to pay 250 in rent every month, not to mention diapers, and food, and money for gas and everything else?

NOONE!

I'm sorry I do watch fox news, because they are actually covering the stuff that ABC CBS and all the other aren't!

I want to know what's in store for my daughters future, I want what's best for her!

IF I NEED TO TIGHTEN MY BELT SO SHOULD THE GOVERNMENT AND THE PRESIDENT ESPECIALLY!

DAMN!

Sorry I'm just sick of people saying he's perfect and that he's doing great for this country.

Bush started this, but Obama's not making it any better in my opinion, he's making it 100 times worse in my opinion.

I have a daughter to raise, and the job markets tough, and I had to find a job. McDonalds was the only one hiring. It just makes me sick to my stomach to see all this going on.

I'm already pinching pennies, if this heathcare bill goes through. I might as well file bankruptcy. I don't have a credit card and I've gone to school but couldn't finish because I couldn't afford it anymore.

Another thing to think about too, if this healthcare bill goes through, will my employer have to lay me off because they have to cut back to afford to provide healthcare for their employees? Seriously? Does anyone think about how this might effect people in my position?

I understand your frustration! I have a degree and I work part-time at Babies R' Us making minimum wage and it's hard. I don't have kids, but I have a giant student loan and I constantly get harassed by creditors over over-due credit cards that I can't pay, not because I won't, but I can't. I have no money! It's impossible to get a full-time job, especially one that pays well. Wow, $500 a month in childcare? You pay more for childcare than rent? Damn, I'm sorry to hear that!

2bad4ever2009

I mean seriously!

I WANT TO KNOW WHERE MY MONEY IS GOING? None of the other networks dare to cover it EXCEPT FOX NEWS!

I can't depend on the government for my tax return? At the rate we're spending money, we'll be bankrupt before tax time.

When you're spending TRILLIONS per bill I can't depend on my tax return to be there. I can't depend on a government who is going to dump my mother in the middle of her cancer treatments...seriously? Am I that STUPID?

I didn't vote to Obama, cause I knew this would happen. He was inexperienced from the get go, and Biden is too progressive to give a damn about himself. McCain wasn't much better, but I did like Palin, she had a good head on her shoulders I believe. But that's just me.

Washington DC needs to get rid of their progressive mind set and get back to the constitution. That's what this country WAS founded on.

Obama needs to stop campaigning and playing the blame game. He needs to get his head in the game and LIVE BY EXAMPLE. He's doing the opposite right now and its pissing me off!

OneMoreChance

2bad4ever2009;227705 said:

WHY!?!?!

NOONE!

DAMN!

I hope you don't get banned! Everyone is entitled to their opinion! I may not agree with you, but I am not going to hate you for your opinion!

candles

i understand everyone's frustrations...but he hasn't even been in office for a year. like Mack Dogg said, 12 years worth of mess can't be fixed at the drop of a hat.

I respect your opinion, in my opinion though, nothing can be worse than Bush...well except Reagan and whats his face...Nixon?

I do think Obama is trying, but I will say people are being a bit hard on him. He hasn't even completed a full year and some are already claiming he has ruined the country. Are people forgetting what the Bush administration did to this country? We're currently in a mess, in a war we don't even know what we're fighting for anymore. In trillions of debt. And all this crap has accumulated over the passed 8 years or so...how is Obama supposed to fix this in one day? Let alone...one year?!!

Now if Sarah Palin won...i would have just gone to a small island and given up on life. I believe in comparison to her and Obama...he has more experience here. But that's just what I think. The woman scares the hell out of me. But she seems fun tho i can imagine shopping with her at the mall or something.

But I hear you on the healthcare thing. I just stopped caring about it because it wasn't helping me much when Bush was in office either. I'm still dealing with some medical issues because of healthcare when Bush was in office...so now I dont even care about that.

As far as him living like a celebrity, I dont think he's living like one. Him being honored and whatnot are not things he asks for. Also, regardless of being the president, Obama worked hard for what he had even before all this 'celebrity treatment'. Overall, he's overcome a huge feat, whether people like it or not. He's done something, regardless of all the controversy surrounding him, that people never thought would happen. But that moment has passed for some, and I still do believe that he is doing what he can.

In the end, I think all politics is bad politics. I dont think ANY politician EVER does anything for the people...not really. The government in general is fucked up. Has always been that way and I think it will always be.

but then again i dont think anyone should get banned for their thoughts/opinions. as long as we're all respectful there's nothing wrong and no one is being disrespectful in this post so it's all good :D i still love you all!!

2bad4ever2009

Its just so overwhelming right now I guess, sorry for ranting but I can't handle any more taxes or anything right now. I just can't do it. If I have to pay more taxes then they should pay me more or make me work more...but really does it add up? Should I just go back on welfare? Seriously, what will happen if the rich have the same thoughts because working doesn't cut it anymore.

candles

i understand...things are so rough all over. i know what you mean it does seem like there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Palmyra

I don't like discussing politics here, but I will say it's really nice to know that we might disagree but we come together and share our love for Michael. It's really refreshing to know that we're bound by someone as beautiful as Michael. You can belong to any political party and you can still listen to Will You Be There and fall in love with Michael's moving music.

All that I've seen is the government using my hard earning money (I'm below poverty line, and I'm getting over $100 taken out of my checks now, instead of 50-60 when I could work for taxes)

You can imagine how happy I was when I noticed I was paying 22% in taxes on my first paycheck (and probably subsequent paychecks) at a job I started some time back, but this isn't Bush or Obama's fault. It's probably been like this for a really long time.

I'm so fcuking tired to the damn government partying it up, in the white house, holding dinners and everything.

Again, this is not a partisan thing. Official White House dinners are always ridiculously expensive no matter the president. They have professional chefs and whatever, and the food can't possibly be from the dollar menu.

Here's the good news at least: presidents pay for their own food. Taxpayers ONLY cover official dinners. Otherwise, presidents pay for their own breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

they are using my money to fund their dates

As far as I know, this was only one date, and I believe Obama apologized for it. He shouldn't have gone on the date with his wife on taxpayer money, but I don't think he will do it again.

Cristine87

Palmyra;227736 said:
You can imagine how happy I was when I noticed I was paying 22% in taxes on my first paycheck (and probably subsequent paychecks) at a job I started some time back, but this isn't Bush or Obama's fault. It's probably been like this for a really long time.

Yeah, taxes have always been a pain in the ass!

HeavenSent

Indeed the state of our economy was doomed to go into a tailspin long for before now, it was really only a matter of time. It's all cyclical, though. Everyone thought that after the recession of 9/11, a collapse was imminent, that America would never see the light. How many of us were scared to go to the airport? To a highrise building? Sure enough we all hit our strides again, and we'd slowly started to gain back the confidence we'd lost to terrorism and living in fear.

It's a slow road.

This is gonna take time as the OP stated, so I think we all need to look outside ourselves a bit, try to be resourceful and realize that the government is not the only one to blame. Corporate America is to blame, and yes we the people are partly to blame. The one thing about a recession is that people have to learn to be real honest with ourselves and take a look at what went wrong and how we can better prepare ourselves for the next downturn.

I wouldn't want Obama's job right now. I would not want to be in his shoes. I commend him for taking bold enough steps to try and make thing work. Key word: Trying. Where were these same outbursts when Bush was digging us deeper and deeper into debt with every keystroke of his pen? That's what I'm not understanding. Same with this healthcare debate.

I think about Obama and the decisions that he has to make, I'm already prepared for disappointment. He's not perfect and I don't think anyone is saying he's perfect. People placed high expectations on him in a rush for him to be the anti-Bush and you just cannot do that. He's a POLITICIAN, as Carol said. And he will NOT solve all of our problems. Not overnight, not ever. In addition, Obama's governance is not always going to be popular. I don't WANT it to always be popular. I want him to be challenged and be called out when he makes mistakes. He's said the same exact thing, numerous times himself. But all of this heated outrage over him trying to fix the mistakes of the past 8+ years when he hasn't even come up on a full year in office, is ludicrous.

Again, where was the passion for change before Obama?

I've never seen this country so divided. It's almost scary and quite disheartening. We all pulled together after Sept. 11 and rallied behind our President, despite our beliefs. Why is so hard for us to extend Obama the chance to turn things around instead of hitting him at the starting blocks? This economy is affecting EVERYONE.

Give. him. time. If McCain/Palin were elected, they'd be having it just as rough.

Re: Partying it up. Dates. If this was a period of bounty, somehow he and Michelle would still be criticized for it. All of a sudden when it's his White House, it's a bad thing? Bush fled to his Crawford Ranch to relax how many times during the heat of the Iraq War? He did it because he could.

Being a President no matter if you're Democrat or Republican is never pretty!

Keep the faith you guys, and I'm not just using a line from Michael because it sounds cute, I really mean it. I was inspired not too long ago, by a group of kids here in Houston who helped single moms find jobs and guess what, it wasn't a partisan, Democrat v. Republican event, it was an American event. We need to return to having each other's backs. Let's not depend on Washington D.C.

Now if Sarah Palin won...i would have just gone to a small island and given up on life. I believe in comparison to her and Obama...he has more experience here. But that's just what I think. The woman scares the hell out of me. But she seems fun tho i can imagine shopping with her at the mall or something.
LOL!

Saphster

Oooh. You guys don't want to know what I feel about all this. But, I will say that I would like to move away from America in the future. Things won't get better in my opinion. They'll just get worse. Much worse.

HeavenSent

People may very might agree with you, Saph. Look at this thread, not all of us think alike. I get called crazy all the time, but if it's something I believe in, I stand by it.

None of us can predict the future, but this whole attitude of giving up distresses me, I'll be quite honest. I truly believe we've become a nation of naysayers.

If this country can get thru the Great Depresson why can't we get thru the2008-2009 recession with eyes wide open. We have too many resources and bright minds to not figure this out. I'm going to try and stay optimistic.

On that note, Happy Thanksigiving to everyone here on MJEOL. 2bad4ever2009 and everyone else going thru hardships personally and with your families, I sincerely pray for your wellbeing and strength. I love you guys. :)

oldschoolfan

I know this is slightly different to what yall are talking about, but I'm sick of the Government in Australia. I can't sudy what I want to because I don't get help. I was going to have $100 cut off per fortnight because I started studying, but I was lucky because my course went for less than a year. I GET PAID $100 MORE TO SIT ON MY ASS AND DO NOTHING INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE. Sorry, but f*ck that. That means I can't go to University.
I moved out of home when I was 17 because of problems I was dealing with at home, and I got barely any support, I after I paid my rent I had $79 to last me 2 weeks for food, gas, electricity, clothes, everything. I don't get paid based on my situation I get paid based on my age. Now that I'm over 21 I have $200 a fornight left after rent, a lot more than I got years ago but still not a lot. And as I said, if I studied $100 would be cut off from that.
How the hell do they expect people to achieve something in their life when that's the 'support' they give? Piss off.

I like Obama, he's got nothing to do with me obviously but I think he has some class. I do understand why people are mad obviously. I think he needs more time to do things before people call him a crap president.

HeavenSent

Sounds a bit like our welfare system here. As long as you don't work or go to school, you're pretty much at their mercy. The moment you start working, even for MINIMUM the wage, you're cut off cold turkey. Nothing gradual.