Your opinion on a MJ issue I\'m having...

2bad4ever2009

Okay, I was dancing a couple weeks ago at the Spike Bar here in Havre Montana. Anyways, they played two Michael Jackson songs...and I didn't even request them and everyone was dancing and crying because MJ was gone.

The last time I was there was before Michael died, and I had requested Billie Jean and the DJ refused to play it, saying that if he had gotten more requests for it he'd play it. I being a little tipsy, walked away pissed and disappointed. Now he's dead and now they are playing his music?

I'm sure you guys have noticed the same thing...before Michael died everyone acted like he was a nobody...and now everyone's on the dancefloor when one of his songs comes on.

To be honest, I'm out there too on the dancefloor dancing for my man. But at the same time I'm screaming "WHY NOT BEFORE WE LOST HIM? Why must I dance with tears in my eyes?" Does anyone feel me?

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place...but I'm opening this up for discussion. I feel like I'm not the only one who need to talk about it.

MJfan01'

I never really had that problem because no matter what Michael had good songs. I remember in 9th grade they played Billie Jean and people formed a circle around people break dancing. That really sucks though... :chairbeat

Juniorlady

I get what you're saying. They would play his songs on the radio a lot more often than they did when he was living. It's hypocritical respect.

Saphster

Radio stations stopped playing his music years ago. Now all of the sudden I hear Man in the mirror on soft rock stations that never even liked him! The night he died all radio stations played his music like no tomorrow and people calling in saying how shocked and sad they were. I was like, "get the f-ck out of here with that bull$hit!"

Everyone made fun of him. Didn't appreciate him. Til he died.

I'm still angry. Walmart is selling his stuff like crazy. I went in there a few days ago and all of their MJ stuff is GONE! It all sold. Hypocrites!

I feel you. I really do!

MJfan01'

Saphster;233896 said:
Radio stations stopped playing his music years ago. Now all of the sudden I hear Man in the mirror on soft rock stations that never even liked him! The night he died all radio stations played his music like no tomorrow and people calling in saying how shocked and sad they were. I was like, "get the f-ck out of here with that bull$hit!"

Everyone made fun of him. Didn't appreciate him. Til he died.

I'm still angry. Walmart is selling his stuff like crazy. I went in there a few days ago and all of their MJ stuff is GONE! It all sold. Hypocrites!

I feel you. I really do!

I only heard michael music on the old school R&B stations...I was so caught of guard hearing his music so mainstream again...:glare:

LKluvsMJ

I feel everyone on this issue too-- especially with radio. But I do have a memory of being at my bachelorette party a few years ago in Vegas and we were all dancing at a packed club, and just when you thought the crowd couldn't get any more energetic, Billie Jean came on and everyone started cheering. That has happened a few times to me in Vegas actually and I guess it's just nice to know that places that are known for being popular hot spots had DJs proudly spinning Michael, knowing that the crowd would love it-- and they did.

Palmyra

Well, we have to keep in mind that Billie Jean was probably over 25 years old when you asked for it to be played. Maybe on that night the DJ was trying to play more recent music?

But the answer to your question is really this:

If they say why, why/
Tell them it is human nature/

After Elvis died, I am sure there was resurgence of Elvis music. When John Lennon died, probably the same. Elvis has been much bigger since he died than before he died. The Michael Jackson phase will be over at one point, but for us fans, he will always be here. I think we are puzzled because others don't appreciate him as much as we do.

2bad4ever2009

But its been like this since I can remember...when I was 13, and You Rock My World came out I was calling the music station with my requests for it because I wanted to hear it. Instead, N'sync and Britney Spears got played and I kept calling and the guy running it was like "I'll play it after this one..." it never got played. Madonna's new stuff got played though, but not Michael's...

I don't know. It just seems like what Juniorlady said its hypocritical respect now that he's gone. Just like my prom...me and a few girls in my class had to beg the dj to play MJ so that we could dance and get our speech teacher to dance to Billie Jean...but still we had to BEG. Lol.

Its just so much different now that he's gone I guess.

Juniorlady

2bad4ever2009;234064 said:
But its been like this since I can remember...when I was 13, and You Rock My World came out I was calling the music station with my requests for it because I wanted to hear it. Instead, N'sync and Britney Spears got played and I kept calling and the guy running it was like "I'll play it after this one..." it never got played. Madonna's new stuff got played though, but not Michael's...

I don't know. It just seems like what Juniorlady said its hypocritical respect now that he's gone. Just like my prom...me and a few girls in my class had to beg the dj to play MJ so that we could dance and get our speech teacher to dance to Billie Jean...but still we had to BEG. Lol.

Its just so much different now that he's gone I guess.

When people hear his name, the first things they think about are the allegations, talk about he has problems, and here's my favorite, "we liked him better when he was black.":glare: They don't remember how big of an impact he made on music until he's gone. They wait until it's too late to appreciate him.