Contractor\'s fight over memorabilia continues to rage (August 7 2004)

Transcripts and Articles relating to what prosecution mouthpieces have said about this case in public.

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:34 pm

Contractor's fight over memorabilia continues to rage

Published in the Asbury Park Press 8/07/04
By BOB CULLINANE
STAFF WRITER
Though he shipped his immense collection of Jackson family memorabilia to a European buyer more than five months ago, there's no telling when the legal battle over the loot will end for Asbury Park contractor Henry Vaccaro.

Vaccaro, who acquired the thousands of personal items belonging to Michael Jackson and the rest of the Jackson family about three years ago, has been pursued in court by the family since selling the collection in February.

"They can try all they like to get it back," Vaccaro said last month. "(The memorabilia) is long gone."

The latest episode in the ongoing litigation came on July 16, when Vaccaro attended a hearing in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles to answer a charge of contempt of court.

Michael Jackson alleged that Vaccaro had defied a court order by failing to shut down a pay-per-view Web site that displayed the memorabilia and by making false statements in an affidavit.

Vaccaro responded that the Web site already had been shut down by the bank that was collecting the fees and that the statements he made in an affidavit were truthful.

U.S. District Court Judge Florence-Marie Cooper agreed with Vaccaro and denied a finding of contempt.

"(Jackson) had no evidence at all," Vaccaro said of the hearing.

The hearing was the latest in the ongoing dispute that began in January 2002, when Vaccaro, through a corporation owned by another Asbury Park businessman, acquired what has come to be considered the world's largest collection of Jackson family memorabilia.

The collection included personal items, drawings, letters, stage costumes and awards won by all 11 members of the musical family.

The memorabilia was purchased by the company, El-Rich Corp., at a bankruptcy sale in Los Angeles at which members of the Jackson family were present but did not bid.

After bringing the memorabilia to his warehouse in Asbury Park, Vaccaro spent almost two years identifying, organizing and cataloging the materials before placing them up for sale.

Earlier this year, a London-based collector purchased the memorabilia and the goods were shipped by boat to an undisclosed location in Europe. The identity of the buyer also has remained secret.

The memorabilia is slated to be displayed publicly by its new owner, Vaccaro said, but he said he has no idea when that will take place.

Before shipping the memorabilia to Europe, a company called Vintage Pop photographed each item and established a Web site -- jacksonvault.com -- where the items could be viewed for a fee of $4.99 per visit.

While not a principal in Vintage Pop, Vaccaro serves as its spokesman.

The hearing on the contempt allegation is part of a larger claim filed by Michael Jackson against Vaccaro and El-Rich Corp. that contends the Jackson family is the rightful owner of the memorabilia and that it illegally was taken from them.

"Members of the family were in the court that day" when the bankruptcy auction took place, Vaccaro said of the January 2002 court proceeding. "They could have bid on it, but they didn't."

Vaccaro said he now plans to go on the offensive in the case.

"First, I'm going to file a motion to exclude myself from the case," Vaccaro said, contending that he never personally owned the memorabilia, nor was he involved in the creation of the Web site.

"Then we're going to seek damages from Michael (Jackson)," he said. "We're going to seek to depose him, but I'll bet he never shows up."

He added that Vintage Pop, which owns the Web site, plans to sue Jackson for restraint of trade. He said that in the week that the site was availble for viewing before being shut down by Jackson, it registered 1.5 million "hits" or visits by Internet users.

Source: http://www.app.com/app/story/0,21625,1021185,00.html

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:14 pm

I don't understand......what the hell is going on????

Silviaj80

Post by Silviaj80 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:50 am

It seems that Vaccaro wants to make the bully with Michael,
but we have just to see what MJ is going to do with this noisy man
Moon shines down on this good evening,

one warm kiss in the cold night air,

for this good love undeceiving

I\\\\\\\'ll be anywhere,

just as long as you were there...

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:57 pm

This still doesn't make alot of sense to me.......I'll have to think about it some other time I guess.

Silviaj80

Post by Silviaj80 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:51 am

Originally posted by sistahlamb
This still doesn't make alot of sense to me.......I'll have to think about it some other time I guess.
we'll just have to see
Moon shines down on this good evening,

one warm kiss in the cold night air,

for this good love undeceiving

I\\\\\\\'ll be anywhere,

just as long as you were there...