Official May 27 2005 thread

The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:31 pm

what chubby short man???? I think you're talking about Mike's dad!!!!

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Fri May 27, 2005 2:34 pm

this short man behind him salt and pepper hair guy

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:34 pm

It's been a while since I've read any updates....

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:35 pm

oh...I have no idea who that is sorry.

SexyMJLover

Post by SexyMJLover » Fri May 27, 2005 2:35 pm

Originally posted by classicaldj1
You have day 60 on your pics.

It is day 62 of the trial.

aaah yeh, sorry about that lol! :bagoverhe only i counted from 28th Feb wen the first proper day of testimony started, and that did make it 60 days 2day! i was gonna change it, but there's way too many for me to go thru now! :splitting :lol:

if any1 would like to see the album i've made of all the best trial pics up until yday, they're on my photobucket... Trial pics :thumbsup

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:42 pm

Here's an interesting article I just found!!!

Jackson 'Wants To Speak For Himself'

Michael Jackson's father has said the singer wants to defend himself in court, as the trial nears an end.Joe Jackson has given an interview, saying that although his son has not taken the stand during his child abuse trial in Santa Maria, California, he would like the chance to speak for himself.He said: "He wants to defend himself... I don't blame him, let him defend himself."

Judge Rodney Melville has been hearing arguments on what the defence should be allowed to ask the young accuser if he returns to the stand.

The defence team wants to question Gavin Arvizo once more, after the judge agreed to the prosecution's request to show the jury a video of Arvizo being interviewed by police in 2003.

Judge Meville said he was only permitting the showing so the jury could see the boy's demeanour - not to see whether he was telling the truth, and that would limit the questions the defence counsel could ask.

The prosecution believes the video will prove the teenager's story has remained consistent throughout.

It is possible that the video will be shown today, but unlikely any of the footage will be released to the public.

Although Judge Melville sided with the prosecution on showing the videotape, yesterday he rejected another prosecution request to show jurors pictures of Jackson's genitals, taken during a previous molestation investigation.

Jackson is charged with molesting 13-year-old Gavin Arvizo in 2003, giving him wine and conspiring to hold his family captive.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050527/140/fjyaq.html

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Fri May 27, 2005 2:46 pm

OMG you think he can still take the stand??

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:49 pm

Yes he will soon.

Look, the defence may not be able to confron g on all of the inconsistancies he told in that interview, but then agian, the defence will be able to bring them all up during thier closing statmants, I believe.

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Fri May 27, 2005 2:51 pm

OMG when do you think he may take the stand?

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:53 pm

I think when the defence begins thier rebuttal. I don't think the tape will be played until G takes the stand, i think.

Any updates???

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:57 pm

Limits Set on Questioning of Jackson Accuser
By Stuart Pfeifer and Michael Muskal
Times Staff Writers

10:46 AM PDT, May 27, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. – The prosecution and defense this morning argued over the ground rules for quizzing the boy who says he was molested by Michael Jackson.

Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville said he would allow the defense to question the boy on the stand to counter a videotape of the boy's first interview with Santa Barbara County sheriff's investigators. The tape will likely be shown to jurors today.

Melville said he allowed the tape to illustrate the accuser's demeanor and would limit the defense's questions to that area.

"I'm not opening up this trial for anybody," said Melville, making it clear he wants to get the case to the jury in a timely fashion.

Senior Deputy Dist. Atty. Ron Zonen said he expected the prosecution to complete its rebuttal case Tuesday. The defense then gets to present its side, called a surrebuttal, which could include the accuser, his mother and psychologist Stan Katz, who interviewed the accuser in June 2003.

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting the boy, then 13, early in 2003 at the star's Neverland ranch.

Katz has already testified that the interview led him to believe that the boy was molested. Katz and the accuser's family attorney, Larry Feldman, then contacted authorities.

The prosecution is hoping to use the July 2003 tape to show the boy was reluctant to make the molestation charge, countering the defense contention that the boy was following a script as part of a plot by the family to shake down Jackson. The boy has already testified to details of two incidents he alleges were molestations.

"For us the significance is simply the way the disclosure was made," Santa Barbara County Dist. Atty. Thomas Sneddon said this morning.

Defense attorney Robert Sanger denied that the boy's comment were as spontaneous as they appear. He also said that the boy may have told Katz about the molestation earlier. Melville said the defense could address that issue in its surrebuttal.

Melville also ruled that Mark Geragos, who was formerly Jackson's attorney, has to turn over records on the case to the prosecution. Geragos testified earlier under a limited waiver of attorney-client privilege.

The documents will be given to the prosecution Monday, explaining why the prosecution will not rest until the next day. Originally, the prosecution had expected to complete its case today.

In addition to molestation, Jackson is charged with giving his accuser alcohol and of conspiring with aides to control the accuser's family so they would participate in an interview favorable to the singer.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/l...-home-headlines

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Fri May 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Well then what is going on today?? If the tape is not being played in court?

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 27, 2005 2:59 pm

I think it will.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Can he address the timeline?

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Fri May 27, 2005 3:07 pm

Who knows?? Today is a werid day.