Administrator

official May 4 2005 thread

Post by whisper » Wed May 04, 2005 3:40 am

official

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Wed May 04, 2005 7:19 am

Yayyyyyy!!!!!
Prosecution will finally end thier case today!!!!

Yesterday might have been a little crazy for the defence but Meserau made a very good point when he was crossing that financial expert that if Fox came up to you and offered you 7 million dollars for a rebuttal video--which in Michael's situation that would have done very little to help him--is that worth holding a family hostage and doing all that stuff that the prosecution says that he and his alleged conspirers did???
Hell No.

Another thing that I've been wondering about: If Michael was so broke during the time all this was going on, how was he able to withdraw $1.5 million out of his bank acount???

Anyway, I haven't heard anything on rudy Proviansio's testimony yet. He probably wasn't on the stand very long but what came out from him yesterday???

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Wed May 04, 2005 7:34 am

Originally posted by sistahlamb

Another thing that I've been wondering about: If Michael was so broke during the time all this was going on, how was he able to withdraw $1.5 million out of his bank acount???
He's only broke when the media needs him to be. :D

Anyway, I haven't heard anything on rudy Proviansio's testimony yet. He probably wasn't on the stand very long but what came out from him yesterday???
I'm not sure, I need to get caught up. I'll try and find out. I only heard about the "financial expert's" testimony.
[align=center]Image[/align]

DirtyDiana87

Post by DirtyDiana87 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:52 am

Originally posted by HeavenSent
He's only broke when the media needs him to be. :D
ROFLMBO :D

Heather~

Thank you so much Pam for my beautiful avatar & Blend!! I love them so much!!

Thank you Sarah for the beautiful blend!!! I LOVE it!!!

tannel

Post by tannel » Wed May 04, 2005 9:05 am

Originally posted by sistahlam

The 1.5 million dollars may have came from the 7 million MJ got from fox tv for doing the rebuttal video.

hot4uMichael

Post by hot4uMichael » Wed May 04, 2005 9:44 am

I cant wait for the defense team to bring JUSTICE in this case!!!!!
[align=center]Image

Aqui muy excellente favorito

\\\\\\\"Handcuffing Michael, is like handcuffing us and the entire black community\\\\\\\" - Jermaine Jackson on BET Special Show[/align]

Name: Cindy

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Wed May 04, 2005 9:50 am

I was following things pretty closely yday and I didn't hear much from Rudy at all, only that he said Michael was a great businessman after Sned harping on about him being broke. :lol: So I think he'll be on again today.

Shamooone, last day, last day, last day! :tooexcite

alfredo

Post by alfredo » Wed May 04, 2005 9:50 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155453,00.html

Update from Friedman. I left off the finance stuff. Like I've said before, its nobody's business except MJ's period.

Jacko Witness Has Many Secrets

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

By Roger Friedman

Michael Jackson |

The Michael Jackson trial resumes today with Rudy Provencio on the stand. He was the friend of Jackson business partner Marc Schaffel who – the prosecution claims – has firsthand knowledge of the alleged conspiracy to keep the Arvizo family at Neverland and then ship them to Brazil forever.

Charming and humorous, Provencio was a welcome relief when he took the stand after two hours taken by a certified public accountant. But Provencio is in for a rude awakening today, because the going is about to get tough. My sources say that although he was in Jackson and Schaffel's presence a lot in 2001, he was barely around during February and March, 2003. That's because his stepfather was dying of cancer in Temperance, Mich., not far from Provencio and Schaffel's hometown of Toledo, Ohio.

"He was around maybe two or three days," my source says, adding that it can be proven with phone records.

But phone records are a sketchy problem in this trial. For example, the prosecution spent a lot of time in the last two days showing that Provencio –or someone using his phone– was on the line a lot with Schaffel and Vincent Amen, two of the five unnamed un-indicted co-conspirators in the Jackson case. The implication is that Provencio was chatting with those two about the plans for the Arvizos.

Wrong. I'll tell you something that Provencio managed to leave out of the little autobiography that he recited for the assistant district attorney yesterday. Unbeknownst to anyone, Provencio was in business with Schaffel, Amen, Frank Tyson and Tyson's brother a whole year before any of them ever heard the name Arvizo.

That's right. Corporation papers filed in New Jersey show that all five had a business called Steal the Stage, LLC. The papers were filed in 2002. The project was designed to find songwriters and other artists a la "American Idol." Jackson was not an officer of the corporation, but he'd agree informally to support the project as a TV show if the five could get it off the ground.

Apparently, a treatment for a Steal the Stage TV show may be found in a computer that police confiscated from Schaffel's office. They just don't know it.

And so the calls back and forth between Provencio and Jackson insiders were about that show and other entertainment projects the group was hoping to launch, and not about the Arvizos, my sources say. I wonder why Provencio didn't mention that he'd been friends and in business with all these people.

Meanwhile, the prosecution made another error yesterday when it showed phone records belonging to a Schaffel associate, Paul Hugo. The calls on Hugo's phone – to Schaffel's house, to Tyson and Amen's phones, etc – came from Brazil. The implication was that Hugo was down in Brazil readying a location for the Arvizo family's "one way" trip.

But Paul Hugo did not make those calls. In fact, Marc Schaffel, using a phone registered to Hugo, made the calls from Rio de Janeiro. He'd gone there for Mardi Gras, not to find the Arvizos a home in their "kidnap" story.

This reporter only realized this when the prosecution flashed "Paul Hugo's" phone number on the overheard projector. I recognized the number as one belonging to Schaffel from almost two years ago, when I called him about the Jackson charity single, "What More Can I Give?"

How did Schaffel get Hugo's phone? Sources tell me that Hugo bought a total of five cell phones in his own name, kept one and gave the others to Schaffel, to Jackson PR guy Stuart Backerman, and to Amen when the Neverland office didn't have enough money or good enough credit to buy them on their own (more on this below). Schaffel took the phone to Rio and kept it for over a year.

Anyone who did business with him will remember the name Paul Hugo coming on caller IDs when Schaffel returned calls about Jackson.

Jackson Finances: CPA Got It Wrong

.. :lol:

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Wed May 04, 2005 10:07 am

^^^ This is great news, however it makes me so angry that Sneddumb has taken perfectly innocent things and twisted it around his "case", things that have absolutely nothing to do with the Arviso's even! Who's the one who should be charged with conspiracy here?!?! :extremely

Just WAIT till Mez gets started!!! :tooexcite

MystiqueX2004

Post by MystiqueX2004 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:32 am

Originally posted by alfredo
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155453,00.html

Update from Friedman. I left off the finance stuff. Like I've said before, its nobody's business except MJ's period.

Jacko Witness Has Many Secrets

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

By Roger Friedman

Michael Jackson |

The Michael Jackson trial resumes today with Rudy Provencio on the stand. He was the friend of Jackson business partner Marc Schaffel who – the prosecution claims – has firsthand knowledge of the alleged conspiracy to keep the Arvizo family at Neverland and then ship them to Brazil forever.

Charming and humorous, Provencio was a welcome relief when he took the stand after two hours taken by a certified public accountant. But Provencio is in for a rude awakening today, because the going is about to get tough. My sources say that although he was in Jackson and Schaffel's presence a lot in 2001, he was barely around during February and March, 2003. That's because his stepfather was dying of cancer in Temperance, Mich., not far from Provencio and Schaffel's hometown of Toledo, Ohio.

"He was around maybe two or three days," my source says, adding that it can be proven with phone records.

But phone records are a sketchy problem in this trial. For example, the prosecution spent a lot of time in the last two days showing that Provencio –or someone using his phone– was on the line a lot with Schaffel and Vincent Amen, two of the five unnamed un-indicted co-conspirators in the Jackson case. The implication is that Provencio was chatting with those two about the plans for the Arvizos.

Wrong. I'll tell you something that Provencio managed to leave out of the little autobiography that he recited for the assistant district attorney yesterday. Unbeknownst to anyone, Provencio was in business with Schaffel, Amen, Frank Tyson and Tyson's brother a whole year before any of them ever heard the name Arvizo.

That's right. Corporation papers filed in New Jersey show that all five had a business called Steal the Stage, LLC. The papers were filed in 2002. The project was designed to find songwriters and other artists a la "American Idol." Jackson was not an officer of the corporation, but he'd agree informally to support the project as a TV show if the five could get it off the ground.

Apparently, a treatment for a Steal the Stage TV show may be found in a computer that police confiscated from Schaffel's office. They just don't know it.

And so the calls back and forth between Provencio and Jackson insiders were about that show and other entertainment projects the group was hoping to launch, and not about the Arvizos, my sources say. I wonder why Provencio didn't mention that he'd been friends and in business with all these people.

Meanwhile, the prosecution made another error yesterday when it showed phone records belonging to a Schaffel associate, Paul Hugo. The calls on Hugo's phone – to Schaffel's house, to Tyson and Amen's phones, etc – came from Brazil. The implication was that Hugo was down in Brazil readying a location for the Arvizo family's "one way" trip.

But Paul Hugo did not make those calls. In fact, Marc Schaffel, using a phone registered to Hugo, made the calls from Rio de Janeiro. He'd gone there for Mardi Gras, not to find the Arvizos a home in their "kidnap" story.

This reporter only realized this when the prosecution flashed "Paul Hugo's" phone number on the overheard projector. I recognized the number as one belonging to Schaffel from almost two years ago, when I called him about the Jackson charity single, "What More Can I Give?"

How did Schaffel get Hugo's phone? Sources tell me that Hugo bought a total of five cell phones in his own name, kept one and gave the others to Schaffel, to Jackson PR guy Stuart Backerman, and to Amen when the Neverland office didn't have enough money or good enough credit to buy them on their own (more on this below). Schaffel took the phone to Rio and kept it for over a year.

Anyone who did business with him will remember the name Paul Hugo coming on caller IDs when Schaffel returned calls about Jackson.

Jackson Finances: CPA Got It Wrong

.. :lol:

If Michael was so broke, why would he agree to support this project? People who are broke do not agree to fund things, that they do not have money to support. And if he were so broke, then Schaffel and company would not have asked Michael to support it. Do you really think, that Michael Jackson is so stupid, that he would be 415 million dollars in debt, and then add on to it by funding this project? Do you really think that Michael Jackson who has seen countless number of artists put themselves in financial peril and has vowed that it would not happen to him, would now change his mind and put himself in so much debt?
And did not the 1.5 million dollars come before the video was given? Because I thought that Schaffel was putting the footage together before it was sent to Fox. Meaning he had to be paid somehow. So, if this were true, then the 1.5 million was withdrawn before Fox's payment was made, meaning that Michael had more than enough for Schaffel to withdraw or cash two checks for 500,000 and then 1.5 million in cash. Just a thought :2thinking

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Wed May 04, 2005 11:37 am

Wow...this is all pretty amazing. Pretty amazing how the Arvizos and/or Tom Sneddon were able to turn that into a conspirisy where they were held agianst thier will.

I'll be so relieved when this is over today.

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Wed May 04, 2005 11:39 am

Here's an update about what happened yesterday and what's to come:

CBS said Rudy has already joked about getting rich off Jackson and going through private files.
JRT said Liz Taylor would testify about the insurance company pressuring Michael into settling the 93 case.
CBS said this morning that Rudy was the final witness.

senecajackson

Post by senecajackson » Wed May 04, 2005 11:56 am

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Here's an update about what happened yesterday and what's to come:

CBS said Rudy has already joked about getting rich off Jackson and going through private files.
JRT said Liz Taylor would testify about the insurance company pressuring Michael into settling the 93 case.
CBS said this morning that Rudy was the final witness.

THANKS FOR THAT!!!!!! :thumbsup

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Wed May 04, 2005 12:00 pm

Lord, I just read that Liz Taylor may not testify because of her ill health.
Although it would be benificial for the defence if she did testify, it's still OK if she doesn't because I'm sure the defence will call someone who worked for that insurance company and had firsthand knowlege of what was going on at that time.

Aaliyah

Post by Aaliyah » Wed May 04, 2005 12:07 pm