Official Feb. 22 Jury Selection Thread

The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

hot4uMichael

Post by hot4uMichael » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:08 pm

I think people are saying that cause they know he has been on the hospital and had a flu... if we haven't known about it we would say "hey he looks so healthy and so good-looking" but now I hear "he is so pale and he looks so tired and still sick"............ well.... we asume what we hear
[align=center]Image

Aqui muy excellente favorito

\\\\\\\"Handcuffing Michael, is like handcuffing us and the entire black community\\\\\\\" - Jermaine Jackson on BET Special Show[/align]

Name: Cindy

A.Beautiful.Mind

Post by A.Beautiful.Mind » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:04 pm

Nine jurors dismissed from Michael Jackson jury pool on Tuesday

By Tim Molloy
ASSOCIATED PRESS

11:55 a.m. February 22, 2005

SANTA MARIA — Nine prospective jurors in the child molestation trial of Michael Jackson were dismissed Tuesday, including three by mutual agreement of the defense and prosecution.

Those jurors included two women who questioned their ability to be fair because of news reports they had seen and a woman who said she was twice falsely accused of abusing children and had been abused herself.

Defense attorneys and prosecutors also dismissed two jurors each. Each side can eliminate 10 jurors without stating a cause.

Without giving reasons, prosecutors dismissed an 18-year-old man who said in court he was a Jackson fan and loved to sing karaoke and a woman who said she once did a cheerleading routine to one of Jackson's songs while in Junior High and she felt sympathy toward Jackson because of molestation allegations involving her relatives.

The defense, without noting any reasons, dismissed a 28-year-old mother of two young children whose own mother works in the district attorney's office and a male juror who said he had three friends who worked for the sheriff's department.

Two jurors were dismissed for hardship, one because he had job interviews and the other because his employer did not pay for long jury service.

Another man was dismissed earlier this month for health reasons, leaving 233 people in the original jury pool.

Jury selection resumed Tuesday after a week's delay, ordered when Jackson was hospitalized with what Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville said was the flu. Jackson, dressed in black, arrived in court Tuesday and chatted with his attorneys at the defense table before jury selection resumed.

Melville told prospective jurors that he understood their frustrations over "a couple of false starts," referring to Jackson's illness and an earlier delay caused by the death of defense attorney Thomas Mesereau's sister.

But, he said, it was not part of a calculated attempt by anyone to slow down the trial. "Mr. Jackson really was sick. He really did have the flu. I talked to his doctor. ... I wouldn't let anyone take advantage of us that way."

Jackson was released from the hospital on Wednesday after being admitted on Tuesday for "flu-like" symptoms.

The judge said several names had been added to the defense's celebrity-studded witness list, including Eddie Murphy, Macaulay Culkin and Smokey Robinson. More than 300 defense names submitted earlier included Kobe Bryant, Elizabeth Taylor, Diana Ross and Jay Leno.

Prosecutors on Tuesday interviewed jury prospects who had previously been questioned by defense attorneys.

Senior Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen asked the prospects whether they had seen a recent interview with Jackson by Geraldo Rivera that aired on Fox News in which Jackson said many of the stories about him are not true. No one said they had seen it.

Before jury selection was canceled last week, Mesereau asked prospects about their interest in the arts, their feelings toward Jackson, and whether they believed child witnesses could be led to lie. The defense will argue that the mother of Jackson's 15-year-old accuser, a former cancer patient, has told him to lie.

Attorneys are trying to select 12 jurors and eight alternates from a pool of 242 potential jurors. Each side can ask to remove an unlimited number of jurors for bias.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting the boy, plying him with wine, and conspiring to hold his family captive.

:3nav http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-02 ... -headlines
[align=center]

Michael Jackson
[/align]

[align=center]Planet Earth, gentle and blue

With all my heart, I love you.[/align]

[align=center]I LOVE YOU[/align]

[align=center]Justice has Prevailed

http://insideabeautifulmind.blogspot.com/[/align]

Black Loafers

Post by Black Loafers » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:31 pm

Aaaaaawwww...he looks sooo sweet..!!! I wuuuuw yoooooouuuu :heart2:
*14/11-06 I saw Michael outside his hotel in London.

He waved and smiled and he was soo beautiful.

*15/11-06 I saw Michael at the Wold Music Awards!:cloud9:licklips

Dreams do come true :wub:

http://www.myspace.com/ebbalovesmj

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:34 pm

I'm glad he's back on his feet!

A.Beautiful.Mind

Post by A.Beautiful.Mind » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:37 pm

Without giving reasons, prosecutors dismissed an 18-year-old man who said in court he was a Jackson fan and loved to sing karaoke and a woman who said she once did a cheerleading routine to one of Jackson's songs while in Junior High and she felt sympathy toward Jackson because of molestation allegations involving her relatives.
Sorry, but some of these reasons are ridiculous! Although both sides aren't fully required to elaborate on various prospective juror dismissals, they should at least be supported by some genuine evidence of potential Bias. I mean, because a girl has previously danced to one of Michael's songs doesn't necessarily suggest that it could lead to prejudice judgment.

If the prosecutions intentions are to eliminate anyone who has previously encountered Michael's music, then they won't find a single person who will meet their criteria.. Who hasn't listened or danced to Michael's music?
[align=center]

Michael Jackson
[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:47 pm

The defense's dismissals seemed more legit to me. But I'm not surprised by either choices.
If you think about it, like you said Jamie, who HASN'T been touched by Michael's music in one way or the other...But I guess since the potential jurors disclosed it, the pros. grabbed it when he could.

The defense, on the other hand, knew it would present conflict of interests. You don't even have to think twice about that. I mean c'mon, having connections to the DA and the sheriff's dept? Hell no.
But, he said, it was not part of a calculated attempt by anyone to slow down the trial. "Mr. Jackson really was sick. He really did have the flu. I talked to his doctor. ... I wouldn't let anyone take advantage of us that way."
Thank you, Melville. But how many people are gonna admit that they were wrong for claiming Michael faked it?

How about none.

That's how it goes in MJ's world...Moving on... Now can the judge PLEASE address the illegal leakage of the grand jury transcripts? That's what I really want to know. Is he gonna let that slide and let the loose lips go unpunished?
[align=center]Image[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:48 pm

MIke leaving court for the day

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:54 pm

Aw, thanks whisper :cloud9: Look at that sexy man in a trenchcoat. And that smile, God!. :D
[align=center]Image[/align]

LuckyStar

Post by LuckyStar » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:06 pm

Exactly! That smile.... Oh god... Your heart melts at the spot.
That makes me feel so good.

:inuyasha1 Inu!

A.Beautiful.Mind

Post by A.Beautiful.Mind » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:13 pm

Now can the judge PLEASE address the illegal leakage of the grand jury transcripts?
I would also like know when the Judge will challenge these resent leaks. As the Judge I see this as an imperative obligation as it could determine the overall outcome of the case if these illegal leaks continue to be distributed to media outlets. The investigation to discover the source of these Grand jury transcript leaks should be his main priority at this moment in time, as it could lead to serious concequences...

It hasn't only happened once, but twice. I would rather there be either a solution, or a method of punishment to resolve this problem before it becomes a regular occurrence.
[align=center]

Michael Jackson
[/align]

Off_the_wall

Post by Off_the_wall » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:28 pm

aawww
:inlove
SARAH

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:36 pm

I'm not feelin' those glasses, but he looks great in that trench coat! I also wish he would eat more, I worry about how skinny he is. If I lived with him, I'd bake up a storm in his kitchen until he gained at least 10 pounds!

Another thing, good luck finding someone who hasn't listened to Michael's music cause that's damn near impossible. I can't wait til this jury selection phase is over cause I want the family of Satan to testify so the defense can cross examine the hell out of them.

floacist

Post by floacist » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:47 pm

OMG!!!He is wearing snakeskin!!Carla if you EVER and I mean EVER doubt his pimpness I will show you this picture cause at this day and age if any grown man is wearing snake skin he is a PIMP plain and simple.

Aww Michael in a trench coat!!:)

minnie michael

Post by minnie michael » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:06 pm

Originally posted by aaliyah

awww, right now finally i can take a deep breath, babe MIchael looks soosoos handsome..he is a healthy babe finally..aww..i am so happy to see those pics...and he is soossssssssss fit and charming in that black long suit..aww..MiCHAEL... :D :D :bleh: :tooexcite

TO Michael,

i believe in you , i support you, i love you, please forever believe in me, Michael, i am your super-duper fan in a place far away from you, but distance canot stop me from supporting you, Michael..remember, when you look up the blue sky, you can see countless of your loyal fans\\\' smile faces, i am one of them..

forever..loyal to you..

yours fan..forever.. :thumbsu

minnie michael

Post by minnie michael » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:11 pm

Originally posted by floacist

OMG!!!He is wearing snakeskin!!Carla if you EVER and I mean EVER doubt his pimpness I will show you this picture cause at this day and age if any grown man is wearing snake skin he is a PIMP plain and simple.

Aww Michael in a trench coat!!:)
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CLEARLY... :thumbsup :D

MIkey looks so damn hot and handsome in that black long coat..he looks soosososo simply fit and sharp and handsome and charming and ....aww..i am totally lost in his charms..MIchael's smile is so sweet..he is absolutely the most handsomest man in the whole universe..there is no doubt about that..he is the KING of charms.. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

TO Michael,

i believe in you , i support you, i love you, please forever believe in me, Michael, i am your super-duper fan in a place far away from you, but distance canot stop me from supporting you, Michael..remember, when you look up the blue sky, you can see countless of your loyal fans\\\' smile faces, i am one of them..

forever..loyal to you..

yours fan..forever.. :thumbsu