Official August 20 Hearing

The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Originally posted by whisper
Dimond was just on
-she said that there is a surveillance system INSIDE Michael Jackson's bedroom.
OOOPSIE! :whatanidi
ohh, but then they will say Michael did it in the bathroom.
But if his bathroom is in his bedroom...Sorry, that ain't gonna fly! :laugh
[align=center]Image[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:12 pm

Originally posted by dangerous
He is married and he has a son name Mathew!! dont ask me how i kno! :console

Okay Miss "Must Keep Tabs On All The Cute Men"... :laugh

LadyJackson

Post by LadyJackson » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Whisper...did you see how she tried to make it seem like Mike's survillance tapes could have been of him doing something inappropriate with kids or something!!! :laugh Talking about it could have been a camcorder in there!!! :laugh God...I HATE THAT B*TCH!!! :crackingu

Notice she also tried to make it seem like the prosecution scored some points on cross-exam!!! Talking about Mike's employee lied about the alcohol at Neverland!!! SHE IS SUCH AN ASSWEENER!!!! :laugh

If she didn't think the defense was having a good day yesterday well...

THEY R TODAY!!!!! :laugh HA HA HA...B*TCH!! :crackingu

The man is absolutely gorgeous!!!:mf_w00t2:

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:22 pm

Diane is the master of spin. OF COURSE she would try and make it sinister.

Michael is smart. Surveillance is the only fool proof method you have to make sure you'd know if anything goes down while you're away.

Dumb woman.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:24 pm

Originally posted by MJslovelyone
Talking about Mike's employee lied about the alcohol at Neverland!!!
Can we get clarification on that? I know when you're dealing w/Diane that's kinda hard :cryptic ....But I'm curious to know the context of that.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:28 pm

What a stupid, retarded, scum-of-the-earth bitch DD is. I'm so glad there are camera's all over Neverland. Thanks for the updates guys! :D

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:33 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Can we get clarification on that? I know when you're dealing w/Diane that's kinda hard :cryptic ....But I'm curious to know the context of that.
MJ's security guy said no alcohol is served at Neverland when Auchincloss cross examined him. I think Dianes trying to spin on that. :tickingti

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:57 pm

VIDEO DOWNLOAD (sign up now!)

:camera Court TV: Ranch Manager Testifies, Surveillance in Jackson's bedroom, etc Aug 20 2004

Version: .wmv
Submitted Date: 2004/8/20
Description:

Air date: August 20 2004

Air date: August 20 2004

Report from Dimond
-says Ranch Manager (or Property Manager) was on the stand today
--ranch manager said police were all over the place before he arrived at Neverland
--says he go there around 9AM
--he was handed a 3 page search warrant by police
--DIMOND: “He said he watched them going into the video library, and into Michael Jackson’s personal office. And so he contested it to Lt. Jeff Kilpakis (sp?) who was there on the scene. He said that the Lt. told him ‘don’t worry, we’re going to amend the warrant. You won’t get in any trouble, so open up the doors.’ He said he did finally open up the doors to, for example, Michael Jackson’s office because he said, ‘they told me they were going to drill it if I didn’t open it, so I did.’ But he said to the court today he never got an amended search warrant.

-says Ranch Manager says alcohol isn’t served at Neverland.
DIMOND: …Now during cross examination by Gordon Auchincloss–he is the Asst. DA–there were some very interesting tidbits brought out. This employee described himself as a loyal employee of Michael Jackson’s. And Gordon asked him: ‘Did you attempt to shade the truth in order to protect our employer, Michael Jackson?’
Manager: ‘No’
Auchincloss: ‘Did you state to the officer who was taking your interview that alcohol is not served at Neverland?
Manager: Yes. It is not
he said. And then there was an objection by Steve Cochran, Michael Jackson’s attorney.” …

-says there’s a video surveillance system inside Michael’s bedroom
-DIMOND: …A couple of more tidbits, Jene, that he got. Gordon Auchincloss asked this of the property manager: ‘We understand that there’s surveillance inside Michael Jackson’s bedroom.’
Manager: Yes, there is
Auchincloss: Was it up and running the day of the raid?
Manager: Yes it was

-talked about The Rob Report (a financial magazine) with Muhammed Al Fayed’s number on it
-she mispronounces Al Fayed’s name repeatedly
-she tries to spin away the local Santa Barbara News-Press headline where the father asks Jackson for money
-says the two sides (prosecution and defense) are “getting along better”
-says Sneddon “draped his arm” around Steve Cochran
-says there may be some stipulation made (I’m assuming by the prosecution) to where certain witnesses won’t have to testify

7.40 MB video

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:06 pm

Neverland manager says search excessive
By LINDA DEUTSCH
AP SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- The property manager of Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch testified Friday that sheriff's deputies who came to search the ranch for evidence last year wanted to look in areas that were not specified in a search warrant.

Joseph Marcus took the witness stand during a pretrial hearing as the defense sought to prove authorities went overboard when they swept into the estate on Nov. 18, 2003.

Marcus said he initially cooperated when the battalion of investigators arrived.

"I worked with them all day," he said, adding that he studied the search warrant they presented to make sure he admitted them only to the areas specified.

He said he agreed to let them into Jackson's office and a few other areas that were not on the search warrant when they said they were doing so only to establish that the locations were secure and no one was there.

"I cooperated and opened the door, but then they decided they wanted to do a search," Marcus testified. "I objected because it was not in the scope of the search warrant."

A deputy told him he would call and have the search warrant amended, but Marcus said that was not done as far as he knows and added that he was also pressured to answer questions by authorities.

"I initially refused to and said I wasn't really interested," Marcus said. "I said, 'Do I have to answer questions?' and they said, 'No, if you have nothing to hide.' I said there's nothing to hide here. It is what it is."

Friday's testimony came at a pretrial hearing in which defense attorneys are trying to limit the evidence prosecutors can produce at the entertainer's Jan. 31 trial.

Defense attorneys argue that the search of Neverland, which lasted 15 hours and involved about 40 officers, was overly broad and unjustified.

A prosecutor asked Marcus about whether alcohol was served at Neverland and the witness said it was not. The judge halted questioning on the topic after the defense objected that it was off the point of the hearing.

Before Marcus took the stand, Cochran questioned sheriff's Detective Paul Zelis, who directed the search, and noted deputies seized a magazine on which was written the phone number of Mohamed Al Fayed.

"We had a person (by that name) involved in this investigation and it was in plain view," the deputy said.

Mohamed Al Fayed is the father of Dodi Al Fayed, who was killed in a car crash with Britain's Princess Diana. There was no further elaboration on how the elder Al Fayed may have been involved in the Jackson case.

Jackson, 45, is charged with committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $3 million bail.

On Thursday, Jackson's elegant home was placed on display in the courtroom as defense attorneys showed a judge videotapes of the November raid.

And the defense elicited testimony from the stepfather of Jackson's accuser that validated what had long been rumored - that the accuser's family sought payment from Jackson for appearing in a video designed to restore Jackson's reputation.

The stepfather, identified as "Mr. Doe" to shield his stepson's identity, portrayed himself as the moving force behind efforts to obtain payment from Jackson's people.

He said he told an unspecified "gentleman from Neverland" that his family "has nothing and you're making millions from this and what are you going to do for this little family?'"

He said the person offered to provide a college education and buy the family a house.

His testimony appeared to bolster defense contentions that the accuser's family tried to shake down Jackson for money. Lawyers for Jackson claim the molestation accusations came when no payment was made.

In another development Thursday, Jackson, with the judge's approval, released a brief statement on his Web site railing at critics he said have targeted him and his family with lies and ridicule. The statement did not mention the charges he is facing.

"We have watched as we have been vilified and humiliated," Jackson said. "I personally have suffered through many hurtful lies and references to me as 'Wacko Jacko' as well as the latest untruth about me fathering quadruplets."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/aptv_s ... %20Jackson

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:08 pm

avigailamor Posted: Aug 20 2004, 02:03 PM

Rush Report from Jennalyn:

Joe (ranch manager) and Violet (head of security) testified as to what went on during the search…they did really well. Violet testified that she wanted to see the warrant when they came. Cochran was outside the gates and wasn’t allowed to get in. Sneddon said that he couldn’t come in. So they thought there was no way to have attorney rep while being interviewed. They asked if they were HAD to talk to Zelis, Zelis told them that they didn’t have to talk to them unless they were hiding something. (Jen thought it sounded like subtle threat) They asked for Cochran to come in. But since legally Cochran worked for MJ and not the employees...it wasn't clear if that was legal representation. The rooms that they were allowed to search were the arcade room, main residence, and security heardquarters/office. They searched garage and video collection room that they were not covered in the warrant. Said they justified the search claiming that there were security equipment in there rooms. Defense responded that just because there is equip doesn’t mean that they are entitled.

Jennalyn says that they're talking about stopping today. Says the defense did well.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:15 pm

Not getting the amended search warrents...not surprising. That they were overly broad, definently not surprising. Considering the wishy washy manner in which they subsequently searched other locales, it figures. And 15 hours to search Neverland w/40 officers?! Were all of those jokers searching or were some of them lunching around? Even if the search was done in shifts, Good grief.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:21 pm

Originally posted by whisper
avigailamor Posted: Aug 20 2004, 02:03 PM

Rush Report from Jennalyn:

Joe (ranch manager) and Violet (head of security) testified as to what went on during the search…they did really well. Violet testified that she wanted to see the warrant when they came. Cochran was outside the gates and wasn’t allowed to get in. Sneddon said that he couldn’t come in. So they thought there was no way to have attorney rep while being interviewed. They asked if they were HAD to talk to Zelis, Zelis told them that they didn’t have to talk to them unless they were hiding something. (Jen thought it sounded like subtle threat) They asked for Cochran to come in. But since legally Cochran worked for MJ and not the employees...it wasn't clear if that was legal representation. The rooms that they were allowed to search were the arcade room, main residence, and security heardquarters/office. They searched garage and video collection room that they were not covered in the warrant. Said they justified the search claiming that there were security equipment in there rooms. Defense responded that just because there is equip doesn’t mean that they are entitled.

Jennalyn says that they're talking about stopping today. Says the defense did well.
Wow, I'm so greatful for Jennalyn and her reports! Excellent work.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:40 pm

Now I know Sneddon had his arm around Cochran but is it true he's trying to make some sort of deal... possibly so grifter mom doesn't have to testify? WTF's up with that? If it's true Sneddon knows he's in trouble! :loser:

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:44 pm

Yeah. It's supposedly, according to DImond (*shudder*) something the prosecution will stipulate to in order to keep certain witnesses for having to testify.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:45 pm

partial transcript of a telephonic warrant from case:

November 18, 2003:
Participants:

A: Judge Thomas Adams (Santa Barbara Judge)
F: Gerald Franklin (District Attorney's office)
R: Sergeant Steve Robel (Sheriff's office)

Date of transcription November 20, 2003

Telephonic search warrant
03-5670
884689B

A: I'm back

F: Yes, Judge Adams?

A: Yeah

F: Gerry Franklin, District Attorney's office

A: Yeah

F: Um, I'm here with (blank) at Neverland, with uh, sheriff Detective Paul Zelis.

R: No no Steve Robel Sergeant.

F: Steve Robel. I beg your pardon.

A: Yes

F: We are seeking an additional search warrant for a (blank). First of all, can I have you, uh, swear Sergeant Robel please?

A: Yes, Sergeant Steve Robel, if you'll raise your right hand do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

R: Yes I do Judge.

A: Thank you Sergeant. Why don't you go ahead and......?

F: Thank you Judge. Um, Judge, uh, or Sergeant Robel, are you uh, seeking authority to make search of a particular storage locker?

R: Uh, yes I am.

F: Will you describe that please to the Judge? The location?

R: The location, Judge is uh, (blank)

F: Uh, Sergeant Robel, what is it you hope to find there if you are authorized to search?

R: Uh, the records that, regarding Michael Jackson, MJJ Productions, or any individual or entity shown on the face of the documents to be associated with Michael Jackson, letters, memoranda, invoices and billings.

F: These are records (blank) are they?

R: Yes they are.

F: Uh huh.

R: Records that we had failed to find in our initial search of his office.

F: Okay, continuing then, these are records that you were saying Michael Jackson or MJJ Productions?

R: Invoices, billings, and canceled checks.
Also, we'd like to search for computers, printers, and computer media and software and data including, but not limited to hard diskes, floppy disks, tapes, removable media, opticals, CD ROMS media, documentation, or other materials describing the operations of any computer hardware, software and/or computer peripherals found at the premises, including instructions on how to access discs, files or other materials stored within same including but not limited to computer manuals, printers, passwords, file name lists, "read me", and/or help files.

F: Alright, uh and what is it that makes you believe there is materials uh, first of all, let me ask, uh, uh, you are aware that a search warrant was sought and approved by Judge Adams, by your collegue Paul Zelis?

R: Yes I am.

F: Uh, are you familiar with the contents of the affidavit in support of the warrant?

R: Yes I am, I have read it in full.

F: And do you ask the Judge incorporate the showing of probable cause in Detective Zelis submission to the Judge in writing yesterday?

R: Yes I do.

F: And Judge will you incorporate that by reference in your consideration of probable cause to search the (blanK) today?

A: I will so incorporate.

F: Thank you. Um, and briefly, why is it that you believe that you might find this material much of which was described in the earlier search warrant in this.

R: Because I have spoken to the Sergeant in charge down there. During the search they were not able to find any of the items listed in the initial search warrant for his office and during their search found paper work indicating that (blank) possess a (blank) at the pre- mentioned location and we strongly feel that those items may be stored there.

F: And uh, did you go, did one or more of the officers present go to the address that you have given to Judge Adams?

R: Yes they did.

F: And were they able to confirm to your knowledge the existence of a (blank).

R: Yes they did.

F: And uh, it is the (blank) that you described?

R: That is correct.

F: I have no further questions.

A: Uh, I have a question. Do you know Sergeant Robel, that uh, there was mention made of another (blank) uh, that you are asking by way of this addendum. Uh, only to uh, find cause for uh, enforcement to search.

F: Yes

R: (blank)

R: Yes your Honor.

A: Okay, so I am going to make a finding of probable cause, uh I uh, Mr Franklin you said I was incorporating this into the uh, affidavit and declaration that I had the opportunity to review last evening, and so based upon all of that information, I am finding that there is probable cause and authorizing the search of (blank)

F: Uh, would you further authorize the investigating officers down there to photograph or video tape the interior and exterior of that (blank) and photo document any personal property that they observe in the course of their search?

A: Yes, I so authorize.

F: Thank you Your Honor.

A: Okay, uh, Sergeant, I'll be at the um, let me give you this other number just in case because I'll be there all day and all night and all tomorrow, (blank) in the event that you get any update, code 805.

R: Very good. I appreciate it your Honor.

A: Okay, thanks gentlemen, bye bye

-----------------------------------------------
They lied to get into the office which wasn't on the warrent anyway, claiming they'd find something in there that was never found.