Official August 20 Hearing

The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:48 pm

Yeah. It's supposedly, according to DImond (*shudder*) something the prosecution will stipulate to in order to keep certain witnesses for having to testify.

But she has to testify sometime doesn't she? Get the bitch up there. Stop stalling! How desperate of Sneddon. He knows he's gonna be exposed so he's trying to cover his a$s..... that somehow sounds very wrong... :2thinking .....exposing... a$s.... Sneddon :footinmou

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:48 pm

QUOTE (MJDANCER123 @ Aug 20 2004, 09:23 AM)
I waited outside building "F" at the courthouse to get my first ever media badge as a reporter for TheJusticeSystem.net. I couldn't have known then what was about to happen to me. I was immediately brought into the ranks of some of the most influential reporters and commentators of our time. I sat right in the midst of the folks who report the news - whether we like what they say or not. Here are my personal reflections of the experience.

I found running into the big media players amazing, since we here on MJJF talk about these people everyday:

Mike Taibbi - NBC. A gentleman.
Art Harris - CNN. Front row seat.
Linda Deutch - AP. The Grand Dame.

She was very nice, and, even as she was talking to the sea of reporters waiting to get into court, I didn't hear her say one rude or untrue word. She was polite and she welcomed me aboard. "If you have any questions, just ask me," she said.

William Longeness - Fox News.

He had his daughter with him. He asked me if I was a lawyer reporter, saying he was "naked" and had no one in the court room to be his eyes while he did his reports outside. I told him I was just a new cub reporter for the http://www.thejusticesystem.net, and he asked if I could do color commentary for him. I wasn't able to do that this time, but look forward to future opportunities like this.

Laurie Levenson - Loyola Law School Professor.

She talked to reporters as if she were at a PTA meeting and not a court hearing. That surprised me. I was all eyes and ears! Laurie talked about the same everyday issues we all face: kids, school, and what the family did on vacation. I'm sure that's normal, since being at a court hearing was just no big thing to them.

Jane Velez-Mitchell - Celebrity Justice.
Diane Dimond - Court TV.

They were conversing while we were waiting for the afternoon session to begin. Velez-Mitchell was gushing over Dimond's ability to just go out before the cameras and start talking without even taking notes! During this conversation, Dimond and Velez-Mitchell talked about everything but the major bombshell of the day: Sneddon admitting that he lied about knowing Bradley Miller worked for Geragos, and that he knew this fact before the search! That was not mentioned by these two. But when a reporter whom I don't know leaned toward the two women and began to eavesdrop, Dimond turned to the reporter and said, "Excuse me, but I'm trying to have a conversation here. You need to lean back."

Sharing unguarded moments with these people I've heard so much about was almost surreal. Many of them stated they were from the OJ Simpson media, and some of them called this a "wannabe trial of the century!!" (Their words, not mine.) In the Courtroom, Diane Dimond audibly expressed her displeasure at Sneddon's slip-ups and misstatements on the stand. In one exchange, she admonished Sneddon under her breath saying, "Oh you shouldn't have said that." Another time she groaned, "Why doesn't Mesereau just stop asking so many questions?" She also said that Sneddon and his team looked like undertakers. (Her words, not mine.) Diane being Diane.

I also overheard Attorney David Cole say to Laurie Levenson that he wanted to watch Mez take Sneddon apart. Levenson, However, later told a reporter outside that she felt Sneddon's credibility was bruised, but didn't think the defense would win this one.

A few things struck me as strange. One thing Sneddon said in the morning was that he knew Mark Geragos only because of Laci Peterson and Winona Ryder. He said that the only thing he knew about that was that Mr. Geragos' client (Ryder) got convicted. What? No Susan McDougal? It's kind of scary to think that a man in Sneddon's position could be aware of current events only at the level of the Winona Ryder trial. Isn't it a shame we can't hold our county legal representatives to a higher intellectual standard?

I also found it odd that a reporter from Entertainment Tonight, a celebrity driven television show, asked me for basic information about the Jackson family. For example, he wanted to know who from the family was there at court? He didn't know who Grace was, and he didn't know Karen Faye. He also asked if all the members of the Jackson Five were there. I had no response to those questions. Then he asked if LaToya was back on board. I said, " According to reports, she has been on board for years since her divorce from Jack Gordon. The situation in her personal life caused her to make some bad decisions. This is her way of setting the record straight." End of comment.

More than anything, I was struck by the incredibly genuine nature of Katherine Jackson. I ran into her in the ladies room, and found her to be a friendly, warm and open woman - exactly like her son! No surprises there! I was delighted to find that she is just a Mom who loves her children and wants the best for them, exactly as she represents herself to be.

All in all, it was a very exciting initiation into reporting. I will take away from this day a feeling of happiness in one sense, because I believe that the majority of reporters on the scene have changed their thinking since the charges were first filed. Many of them really do know that Michael is innocent. Off the record, they said they did not think Michael was a child molester.

But, in another sense, I feel great sadness. The truth about Michael and his family is going to cripple these people in their pocket books. I will not say that all reporters are bad people, but at least among the media professionals I met, it seems to me that ratings and getting the big story is more important than the life of a wonderful human being and the pain of his family. When I asked if they were going to report today's bombshell, they replied with smiles on their faces, "Why would we do that?" I answered, "Because its the truth!!!" But they repeated, "Why would we do that?"

And that folks is why we have TheJusticeSystem.net and MJJForum. We are not afraid to report the truth.

I was proud to represent TheJusticeSystem.net and to be able to bring this information to everyone at MJJForum. In the future, you can look for more reports from me. For that, I can thank Carol Davis, along with many of the veteran journalists who have been helpful to me.

We're planning some exciting coverage of the trial. No details out yet, but we'll cover the trial in a way that has never been done in the history of the media. Stay tuned.

Signing off for now, Gail Felix

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:57 pm

:ten

That was so awesome. Gail's a very lucky woman. And MJJF's reps are so cool calm, and professional, it's a definite asset to have them around!
[align=center]Image[/align]

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:42 pm

edited, bc already posted. :welovemj

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:10 pm

Report from Jen (paramountmj)

Some of this you already know, but I'm going to list everything she told me. I may have some names misspelled.

(1) In addition to Joe Marcus testifying as reported earlier, Violet Silva testified. Violet has been an employee of Michael's for 13 years (since 1991). Jen said her title was "Chief of Fire... " she missed the full title.

(2) Joe and Violet asked to see the warrant.

(3) The warrant included the Surveillance Monitoring (Jen is not sure of the exact wording on the warrant). The building in which the Security Room/Office/Department/Whatever which houses the Surveillance Monitoring has other rooms attached (just like a house has a kitchen, bathroom, etc.). Sneddon is trying to say that the entire building is included in the search warrant, not just the actual Surveillance Monitoring Room.

(4) Jen thinks the warrant says something like "Security Office for the Surveillance Monitoring."

(5) As you know, when objections were raised about searching certain rooms, the officers said they would amend the warrant which was never done. MY COMMENT: This right here is key! There is no way Sneddon can claim that they thought the entire building was covered under the warrant because if that was the case, there would be no reason to promise an amendment to the warrant! The instant they promised to give an amendment to the warrant, but did not, they broke the law and the searches in those other areas of the building were ILLEGAL. I believe this is why Sneddon is ready to play "Let's Make a Deal." But I think Mez also knows he has a smoking gun on this issue, and the only deal I can see Mez agreeing to is if Sneddon handed back ALL of the contested items. It will be interesting to see what happens with this!

(6) When the officers first arrived at Neverland, they wanted to do a "Security Sweep" of the entire building. They said they wanted to do this so they wouldn't have anyone coming out of a room to suddenly surprise them. Jen said Joseph Marcus let the officers into Michael's office, etc. for this "Security Sweep." because they threatened Joe that if he didn't let them in, they were get in anyway with a locksmith. MY COMMENT: I bet the were looking for Michael so they could arrest him!

(7) Joe and Violet asked for the amended search warrant, but never saw it.

(8) The Robb Report Magazine/Al Fayed part... interesting story on that. When Mez asked if that magazine was listed on the search warrant, the officer on the stand (I don't know who) said, "No." MY COMMENT: Damn, more smoking gun proof for Mez!

(9) There were around 60 employees at Neverland, 9 are supervisors (I'm not sure why that was reported, but maybe it'll have some importance later).

(10) Okay, Jen described the setup of the houses. She said there is an archway and breezeway that connects the main house to the back house. This back house is where Michael's office and the other rooms are located that is being contested. In that building, the downstairs rooms are Administration, Fire, Garage, Arcade, Security Office and Michael's office -- and upstairs is the Video Library and an Apartment.

(11) Mez asked (either Joe or Violet, not sure which), "Has the structure of the building changed." The answer was, "Yes." They have torn down a wall between the Video Library and some room (a bedroom? Jen thinks). They did this to combine the two rooms to enlarge the Video Library. MY COMMENT: I guess they needed this on the record?

(12) The officers at the raid were trying to interview Joe. At first, Joe refused, asking, "Do I HAVE to?" He was told, "No, if you don't have anything to hide." Joe said he had nothing to hide so he started answering questions.

(13) While being interviewed, Joe saw Sneddon and wanted to talk with him. He said Steve Cochran was outside at the Neverland main gate and wanted in. Sneddon refused to let Joe let Cochran in. Sneddon's reply to Joe's request for letting Cochran in was, "No, it's not POSSIBLE."

(14) The prosecutors tried to impeach Joe. At one point during the raid, Joe was asked a question that he did not understand. He told the officers he would answer if they would turn off the tapes (so, obviously, they were taping Joe's interview!). The prosecutors tried to make it sound as if Joe's request to not record his answer was some kind of hint that Joe was going to say something bad. But Joe said on the stand that he asked the tape be stopped because he was very nervous, didn't understand the question, was confused and worried about the other employees. Jen said the impeachment of Joe on the stand just did not work.

(15) And last, but most certainly not least!! Jen said that during the break, she and other fans were talking about the testimony. Jen noticed that Sergeant Zelus (sp?) was on a balcony over them, trying to listen in on their conversation. So Jen told the group and they moved further away. Jen said Sergeant Zelus was smiling.

Okay, that's it folks!

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:13 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent
And 15 hours to search Neverland w/40 officers?!
Actually, I think it was 70 officers that rolled up in there!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:25 pm

whoa.. that insider report from Jen was so interesting.

And the name Violet just gave me flashbacks to when I visited Neverland last year. I met her at the gate, she probably remembers my loser ass trying to see if there was any way me and my friends could get in. She's a no nonsense woman. But very sweet!

I'm pissed at the amended warrents fiasco. If they never produced them, wouldn't it make the entire raid after the additional room search ILLEGAL?

Man f*ck Sneddon. I bet he's nervous. Trying to get all cozy w/the defense, man get out of here with that! I hope Mike team instinctively caught on to that ASAP.

mello1
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mello1 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:00 pm

QUOTE (MJDANCER123 @ Aug 20 2004, 09:23 AM)
So now it's official. Diane Dimond is a professional cheerleader for the prosecution. This report above all has been the most insightful of all inside reports this week. Thanks Whisper for sharing. Great insight into the reporters' view of things.

What is also clear is that this whole MJ Trial Story is being driven by the bigshots at these corporate news outlets and I see such stories as distractions to more serious news items that they should be reporting on (and that's not to say that MJ fans don't this is serious enough). If a good number of them believe that a) MJ is not guilty, and B) that MJ is not a child molester in general, then this is in conflict with how they convey the news of this case thru their various news outlets.

If we cannot truly trust these people to report accurately on a celebrity trial case, then what does it say for reporting on Iraq? On the Presidental campaign? You see where I'm going here.

Great report MJdancer123 and keep up the good work.

minnie michael

Post by minnie michael » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:17 pm

thanks for all of the updated and reports... make me feel more clear... :D
first, they didnot allowed to search for the whole Neverland but they did, this is out of order and broke the law...second, after they spent the whole day searching for every corner of the house they found NOTHING... they still found nothing.. that's the main thing..yeahhhh.... :D third, NO alcohol was served in Neverland, its impossible for Michael to let a kid drink... :console fourth....that woman named Dinane need to shup up.. stop reportinggggg,,,,, there is none of your business....shut up... i am sick and tired of your ugly report... you are loser.... :sneddonshutup

TO Michael,

i believe in you , i support you, i love you, please forever believe in me, Michael, i am your super-duper fan in a place far away from you, but distance canot stop me from supporting you, Michael..remember, when you look up the blue sky, you can see countless of your loyal fans\\\' smile faces, i am one of them..

forever..loyal to you..

yours fan..forever.. :thumbsu

LadyJackson

Post by LadyJackson » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:21 pm

I bet you Cochran made Sneddy move his arm because I know I would have!!! :crackingu

Diane thinks she is sooooo slick...well now guess what?...

U CAUGHT ON CANDID CAMERA B*TCH!!!!!! :crackingu :laugh :crackingu

The man is absolutely gorgeous!!!:mf_w00t2:

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:42 pm

CNN just reported that the mother is set to testify Sept 17

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm

Originally posted by whisper
When is Mes's scheduled trip to Alabama for that death penalty hearing? Isn't it after the 17th?

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:18 pm

Originally posted by whisper
Mez is scheduled to go to Alabama around the end of Sept.
Good, let all hope that her lies are finally exposed. Looking forward to that.

Labomba

Post by Labomba » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:19 pm

oh god the mother testify will she ever show up? can she show up??? the fans will mob her like hell.... she might be too frighten to come into the main entrence and sneak in from the back entrence stupid mother
[align=center]GENTLE AUTUM RAIN

MICHAEL JACKSON

QUOTEDear Alexander Flex,

Our daddy says we can't talk to gray people.

Sucking on $150 Lollipops,

Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

/laugh.gif\\\\' border=\\\\'0\\\\' style=\\\\'vertical-align:middle\\\\' alt=\\\\'laugh.gif\\\\' />  /crackingup.gif\\\\' border=\\\\'0\\\\' style=\\\\'vertical-align:middle\\\\' alt=\\\\'crackingup.gif\\\\' />

GALLERY of MJJUNITED | MJJUNITED.COM

LOOK DIANE DIAMOND'S NEW CARRIER!!!!!

http://www.velleity.com/models/d/diane_ ... amond.html[/align]

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:23 pm

Originally posted by Labomba
oh god the mother testify will she ever show up? can she show up??? the fans will mob her like hell.... she might be too frighten to come into the main entrence and sneak in from the back entrence stupid mother
Either way..they wouldn't bring her in through the main entrance..I don't think.