Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

dangerous
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:00 am

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by dangerous » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:18 pm

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
I wouldn't be suprised it Melville let that pass.
So be it. But that would be the easiest appeal Mez ever did.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Tiger Lilly
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 3134
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:00 pm

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by Tiger Lilly » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:20 pm

but Melville said no... there were too many issues with keeping information in a public setting open to the media and everyone.

And this guy preaches a gag-order? :pullhairo I'm so mad about them showing that vid to EVERYONE! Poor Michael...

User avatar
whisper
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:00 pm
Contact:

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by whisper » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:38 pm

Jennalyn Posted: Aug 19 2004, 07:32 PM

T mez said that the AG report was already leaked, and it was obviously done so on the prosecution side. the defense has done their own investigations of how the prosecution has bullied and intimidated witnesses. They might as well leak their findings to the media as well.

Faithful MJ Lover
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:00 pm

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by Faithful MJ Lover » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:45 pm

The step father of the alleged victim of pop star Michael Jackson


Isn't ironic or rather unfortunate that Jay has the same last name as MJ?
:disgusted
[align=center]Image[/align]

HeavenSent
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 10007
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Contact:

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:18 pm

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cct ... 344.htm?1c

Posted on Thu, Aug. 19, 2004

Michael Jackson's lavish lifestyle put on videotaped display

LINDA DEUTSCH

Associated Press


SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The elegant life of Michael Jackson was put on display in a courtroom Thursday when defense attorneys showed videotaped scenes from last year's raid on the pop star's lavish Neverland estate.

With officers trudging ahead of a videographer, scenes from Jackson's life behind the gates of his Tudor-style mansion, with its dark wood paneling and glittery chandeliers, unfolded to show the entertainer's "toy room," where his children played with life-sized "Star Wars" figures and a larger-than-life Superman figure.

There were shots of a huge gumball machine and a room-sized electric train set. There were rocking horses and huge blocks with the letters of the alphabet on them. In a little girl's room with a canopy bed there were many dolls and an ornate doll house.

Also videotaped was Jackson's wine cellar, business office and the "classroom," with its child-sized desks where he had his children home-schooled.

The videotape was viewed at a preliminary hearing in Jackson's child molestation case where defense attorneys are attempting to limit the evidence prosecutors can produce at the entertainer's Jan. 31 trial. Defense attorneys argue that the search, which lasted 15 hours and involved about 40 officers, was overly broad and unjustified.

Jackson, 45, is charged with committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $3 million bail.

Earlier Thursday, the stepfather of Jackson's accuser testified that he sought payment for video interviews designed to restore the pop star's reputation.

"I said, 'This family has nothing and you're making millions from this and what are you going to do for this little family,'" the witness said of a conversation with someone he identified only as the "gentleman from Neverland."

The stepfather, under questioning by the defense, said the person offered to provide "a college education and buy them a house."

His testimony appeared to bolster defense contentions that the accuser's family tried to "shake down" Jackson for money. Lawyers for Jackson claim the molestation accusations came when no payment was made.

The stepfather was referred to in court as "Mr. Doe" to protect his identity. He said he had been an officer in the Army reserve for 22 years and last May married the mother of the boy, who is a cancer patient.

The attempt to tape the video interviews followed the broadcast of a British, TV documentary, "Living With Michael Jackson," which included the alleged victim and showed Jackson defending his practice of having young boys sleep in his bed. He said the contacts were non-sexual and "very sweet."

When the documentary raised a storm of controversy, the stepfather said, Jackson hired an investigator to record a rebuttal video to vouch for the entertainer's good character.

The stepfather also testified that he asked for compensation at some point from British journalists who came to the family's home after the documentary aired. He said the journalists eventually offered $15,000 for the interview.

The man refused to confirm much of the content of the rebuttal video, saying investigator Bradley Miller virtually ignored him while interviewing everyone else associated with the family.

"You heard Mrs. Doe say very positive things about Michael Jackson, didn't you?" asked Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr.

"I don't know," the witness said. "I assume nice things were said. It wasn't about me."

Mesereau then said: "You heard Mrs. Doe talk about Mr. Jackson saving her son's life and being a father figure. Do you recall her saying, 'They filmed a beautiful story about Michael and my son?'"

"No," said the witness. "I don't recall that."

The stepfather and other witnesses at this week's proceedings said they did not know Miller was working for Mark Geragos, who was Jackson's lawyer at the time.

The defense is trying to determine whether authorities violated Jackson's attorney-client privilege when they broke into Miller's office and seized the video.

The stepfather appeared annoyed at being in the witness box and repeatedly said there were things he did not recall.

He acknowledged that the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department used him as a confidential agent at one point, sending him to scope out the location of Miller's office.

But he insisted he didn't know that Miller worked for Geragos, and he refused to look at documents to refresh his memory.

"You can show me what you like, but I don't remember him saying who he worked for ... I didn't care who he worked for," the witness said.

Also on Thursday, Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville authorized the Sheriff's Department to release the results of an investigation by the state attorney general's office into the treatment of Jackson after he surrendered to authorities last November.

The report concluded that Jackson was not mistreated, as he claimed, while he was in custody. The judge said release of the report didn't violate the case's gag order.

Mesereau objected, calling the report "a scam and a sham" to get publicity for the prosecution.
[align=center]Image[/align]

~Vicky~

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:20 pm

http://www.cnn.com/
Now it's a top story...I ****ing hate the media.

When reporting that someone from MJs camp said they'd give the kids a college education and a home, they failed to mention that they only said that because Jay Jackson was demanding something in return, and it was a suggestion, and they failed to mention that he requested MONEY. DAMN!

And you know, if a man helped me that much. If he asked me to help restore is tarnished image, i'd do it willingly for FREE, no hesitations.

Tiger Lilly
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 3134
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:00 pm

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by Tiger Lilly » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:25 pm

I have a huuuge ****ing problem with them reporting whats in Michael's children's bedrooms! Melville bends ovr backwards to protect Gav!n and co but gives no thought to Michael's own children's rights. :tickingti

Also how dare CNN report the stupid man-handling thing after everything today. :censored:

So on the whole, was today a good/ok/bad day?

HeavenSent
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 10007
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Contact:

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:39 pm

http://www.cnn.com/
Now it's a top story...I ****ing hate the media.

When reporting that someone from MJs camp said they'd give the kids a college education and a home, they failed to mention that they only said that because Jay Jackson was demanding something in return, and it was a suggestion, and they failed to mention that he requested MONEY. DAMN!
it's the incompetant media again. How are you only going to get 1/2 the story right? I swear it's an uphill battle...
So on the whole, was today a good/ok/bad day?
Good day from our vantage, only because we know the FACTS. OK day for those who don't know any better and bad day for the prosecution.

It wasn't a perfect day, but look at where they are: In Corruptville, USA.

I'm like you though, I did not appreciate the free for all on viewing the home. The media can't get shit right, therefore they don't deserve sit there and watch such exclusitivity. Damn. Sometimes I feel so overly defensive of Michael.
[align=center]Image[/align]

SpecialJanet25
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:30 pm
Contact:

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:16 pm

The media :tickingti like always twisting stories around. i hate them too. The bunch of savages. Make me sick. As for Diane Dimond :loser: , if I was her boss, I would tell her in face, '"YOU'RE FIRED"! :makesense:
Image



Image

dangerous
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:00 am

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by dangerous » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:50 pm

Has Melville ruled on the 955 motion yet? The motion where Mesereau filed to have the indictment thrown out because of GJ misconduct on Sneddons part?

Does anyone know WHEN he will rule on that?
I think what Mez is trying to accomplish that AGAIN w/ this Geragos/Miller issue. If he can prove that the raid was done illegally, all the evidence obtained there will be supressed. Therefore, much of the evidence shown at the GJ will be disqualified. An indictment granted, based on illegal evidence and its subsequent false innuendo is grounds for dissmissal. Kinda cool.
[align=center]Image[/align]

dangerous
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:00 am

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by dangerous » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:55 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent

I'm like you though, I did not appreciate the free for all on viewing the home. The media can't get shit right, therefore they don't deserve sit there and watch such exclusitivity. Damn. Sometimes I feel so overly defensive of Michael.
Me too. But Michael trusts Mez, so i feel somewhat confident that what was done, was done for a very distinct reason. My guess is if they show the video that was done during the raid (the official version) and then maybe they have some evidence of their own to show that off limit areas were entered, they can get Melville to rule against the use of that evidence. I dunno, im trying to make sense of everything when really --> :makesense:
[align=center]Image[/align]

dangerous
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:00 am

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by dangerous » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:13 am

3 posts in a row? oh my! :laugh :D

This was posted by avigailamor over at MJJF, she was actually inside the courtroom. Always love the insider info :D :D :D
I highlighted the most pertinent and exciting info
---------

avigailamor Posted: Aug 19 2004, 10:49 PM

ok, I'm really drained right now and I didn't feel like reading through this whole thread, so I apologize in advance if I'm just repeating whats already been posted...but I just had to respond to Diane Diamond's little report.

First of all, she stepped out of the room when Jay testified (or at least I looked around the room and didn't spot her anywhere - Jen, Jenna, Sonia...correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm amazed at the amount of detail she telepathically obtained from inside to the outside of the court room.

Jay Jackson:

The defense DID get something out of him...and that was a comfirmation that this family wanted MORE money for their interview. He confirmed that Janet went to Neverland and back on her own even AFTER she supposedly felt like she was being held hostage (if you can figure THAT out). Miller DID introduce himself when he first met with Jay and Janet as being an investigator who worked for Geragos, T-Mez provided a TRANSCRIPT showing so. Jay and Janet worked with Geragos and Miller to try to get their stuff back. Janet did mention a connection between Miller and Geragos. Jay had in possession a fax FROM: MILLER, TO: Dickerman and CC: Geragos which contained info reference their stuff in storage. Jay faxed this memo to SGT Robel also. And even with all that, he still claimed that he didn't know if Miller worked for Geragos and that he never told law enforcement that he knew. Jay said that he was a little upset that he wasn't included in the "head count" when Miller was announcing in the recorder who was in the room during the audio interview that was done shortly after the documentary aired. He said he was in there, but Miller didn't mention it on the audio. He said that Miller only mentioned 4 people. (I think you can guess which 4)

William Dickerman:

Dickerman testified during the Grand Jury hearing that he knew that Miller worked for Geragos. Cochran even had him READ his testimony out loud. And yet, even after that, when cross examined by prosecution, he claimed that he didn't know that Miller worked for Geragos. Cochran (with an annoyed look) when his turn, simply walked up to the microphone and said, "Sir, do you contend that your grand jury tesimony was the truth?" Dickerman said, "yes". Cochran ended..."no further questions."


These witnesses are trying TOO hard and is becoming so shamefully obvious that they're trying to avoid saying that they had any idea that Miller was connected to Geragos....yet with just about every witness...there was evidence that they had to know in some, way, shape or form.

Katz - Miller was his patient and knew him professionally...so he obviously knew his occupation. Not to mention that another one of his patients was an employee of Miller's.

Dickerman - dealt with Geragos and Miller ONLY in reference to the family's stuff. Dickerman and Miller corressponded with each other via fax, memos, and telephone. In one of his memos that he wrote, he stated, "according to her....certain people were acting in persuant to YOUR instructions..." He admitted that YOUR = Geragos. And one of the names listed in the memo was MILLER. But even after saying that, he still tried to back peddle by stating that he did'nt want to say that Geragos told Miller to do things.

Jay Jackson - Janet was complaining to him about Miller and Geragos. I guess he didn't care how they were connected?
---------------

SOLID day for the defense. **** the media, this ish here is the real truth.
:hatsofflegal
[align=center]Image[/align]

floacist
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:00 pm
Contact:

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by floacist » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:28 am

Thanks for the info everyone!

User avatar
whisper
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:00 pm
Contact:

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by whisper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:04 am

Originally posted by dangerous
3 posts in a row? oh my! :laugh :D

This was posted by avigailamor over at MJJF, she was actually inside the courtroom. Always love the insider info :D :D :D
I highlighted the most pertinent and exciting info
---------

avigailamor Posted: Aug 19 2004, 10:49 PM

ok, I'm really drained right now and I didn't feel like reading through this whole thread, so I apologize in advance if I'm just repeating whats already been posted...but I just had to respond to Diane Diamond's little report.

First of all, she stepped out of the room when Jay testified (or at least I looked around the room and didn't spot her anywhere - Jen, Jenna, Sonia...correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm amazed at the amount of detail she telepathically obtained from inside to the outside of the court room.

Jay Jackson:

The defense DID get something out of him...and that was a comfirmation that this family wanted MORE money for their interview. He confirmed that Janet went to Neverland and back on her own even AFTER she supposedly felt like she was being held hostage (if you can figure THAT out). Miller DID introduce himself when he first met with Jay and Janet as being an investigator who worked for Geragos, T-Mez provided a TRANSCRIPT showing so. Jay and Janet worked with Geragos and Miller to try to get their stuff back. Janet did mention a connection between Miller and Geragos. Jay had in possession a fax FROM: MILLER, TO: Dickerman and CC: Geragos which contained info reference their stuff in storage. Jay faxed this memo to SGT Robel also. And even with all that, he still claimed that he didn't know if Miller worked for Geragos and that he never told law enforcement that he knew. Jay said that he was a little upset that he wasn't included in the "head count" when Miller was announcing in the recorder who was in the room during the audio interview that was done shortly after the documentary aired. He said he was in there, but Miller didn't mention it on the audio. He said that Miller only mentioned 4 people. (I think you can guess which 4)

William Dickerman:

Dickerman testified during the Grand Jury hearing that he knew that Miller worked for Geragos. Cochran even had him READ his testimony out loud. And yet, even after that, when cross examined by prosecution, he claimed that he didn't know that Miller worked for Geragos. Cochran (with an annoyed look) when his turn, simply walked up to the microphone and said, "Sir, do you contend that your grand jury tesimony was the truth?" Dickerman said, "yes". Cochran ended..."no further questions."


These witnesses are trying TOO hard and is becoming so shamefully obvious that they're trying to avoid saying that they had any idea that Miller was connected to Geragos....yet with just about every witness...there was evidence that they had to know in some, way, shape or form.

Katz - Miller was his patient and knew him professionally...so he obviously knew his occupation. Not to mention that another one of his patients was an employee of Miller's.

Dickerman - dealt with Geragos and Miller ONLY in reference to the family's stuff. Dickerman and Miller corressponded with each other via fax, memos, and telephone. In one of his memos that he wrote, he stated, "according to her....certain people were acting in persuant to YOUR instructions..." He admitted that YOUR = Geragos. And one of the names listed in the memo was MILLER. But even after saying that, he still tried to back peddle by stating that he did'nt want to say that Geragos told Miller to do things.

Jay Jackson - Janet was complaining to him about Miller and Geragos. I guess he didn't care how they were connected?
---------------

SOLID day for the defense. **** the media, this ish here is the real truth.
:hatsofflegal
woo! Time for a MAJOR update to my latest MJEOL Bullet.

Tiger Lilly
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 3134
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:00 pm

Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:45 am

Originally posted by whisper
woo! Time for a MAJOR update to my latest MJEOL Bullet.
Wooo I can't wait! :D Thanks for the info Ashley and avigailamor, whoever you are.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest