Jury Deliberations - Official thread NOT GUILTY!

The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:18 pm

Originally posted by MJISHOT
exactly carla. its hard when im at work, and the patients have the tv on, and something about the case comes on. All the nurses start talking about how he's guilty and they ask me what i think, and of course i say i know he's innocent. Some say they think he's innocent too, but god, work is the LAST place i wanna be when that verdict comes in!!
Me too! I hope I'm not at school when this verdict comes in. I'm also graduating on thursday, I hope it doesn't come in during the ceremony!

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:23 pm

i have a final exam and graduation rehearsal tomorrow...i dont want it to happen then either. i graduate on saturday.

mjwifey3

Post by mjwifey3 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:53 pm

Court closed yet? sorry to be a bugaboo. my cable's down
oh btw congralations on graduating

MJISHOT

Post by MJISHOT » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:54 pm

doesnt look like todays the day!

http://www.myspace.com/mjfansunite

R.I.P Michael ~ god bless you our sweet angel!

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:24 pm

How many hours does it take a jury to comeback with a veric? And what happen if that time past?

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:29 pm

The courthouse closes at 2:30 PM but it doesn't mean that the jury needs to leave by then, does it? Or do they need to ask for an extension every time?

Drizzl

Post by Drizzl » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:30 pm

It is not this day then. Maybe tomorrow....
\\\\\\\"Through the grace of God, I have been fortunate to have achieved many of my artistic and professional aspirations realized early in my lifetime.\\\\\\\" - Michael Jackson

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Originally posted by Drizzl
It is not this day then. Maybe tomorrow....
I doubt that.

James12
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by James12 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Beat up Diane Dimond? She'd probably enjoy it.

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:44 pm

What would happen if they dont come back with a vertic?

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Just thought I'd share this so we can all understand the proceedings better.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6308419/

Behind closed doors (Susan Filan, MSNBC analyst and former Conn. state prosecutor)

Just what is the jury doing in their deliberation room? The first thing they do is choose the foreperson. After that, they have to find a way to proceed in an orderly fashion. We know they asked a question at 9:50 on day one of deliberations but we have no way of knowing what the question is. Ordinarily, in most courtrooms, questions from the jury and requests for readback are presented to the bailiff by way of a note. The judge calls the lawyers into the court room, brings the jury into the box, the note is made a court exhibit for the record, and the court stenographer is in place. The question is read aloud, and the Judge answers it on the record. In this trial, however, the Judge simply goes back into the jury room with the stenographer and the lawyers.

Thus, we are in the dark which is a shame for two reasons. First, since the court room is open to the public and a trial is a public proceeding, this part of the trial should be public also. Second, questions from the jury are extremely interesting indicators of what is happening in deliberations. Sometimes, you can tell what count they are on, and if they are leaning toward conviction or acquittal. We are reading tea leaves during deliberations and we are without a very important clue.

My guess is the jurors' question was simply a procedural one and probably had to do with the jury instructions. They are 98 pages long, and perhaps they wanted to know if they had to read and review them before beginning deliberations. The Judge's answer would be they are allowed to proceed in any manner they choose. Next, the jurors might take a quick vote to see where people stand with respect to the various charges. In a long and complicated case as this one, I doubt they took a quick vote. More likely, they had to devise a strategy for tackling deliberations. Sometimes, jurors have a huge grease board and are making a list of all the witnesses, and all the exhibits they want to review. They probably want to replay several videos, and the video of the accuser's first disclosure in particular. My guess is after reviewing witnesses and video, they will venture their first vote. Then depending on where people stand, they will begin to discuss and debate, referring to their notes and their memories. And then the going gets tough.

Friendships that were formed no longer matter. Alliances change. People take their vote very seriously and are not quick to change their opinion. The undecided are up for grabs. I believe it will take some time for this jury to go through all the evidence, exhibits, and testimony. It is still possible that there will be a mixed verdict: acquittal on some charges, conviction on some charges, and hung on some charges. My prediction is that this jury will deliberate for 5 to 7 court days before rendering their verdict.

Susan Filan, MSNBC legal analyst, and former CT prosecutor.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Good post from obie. Show this to the jury, break it down.
[align=center]Image[/align]

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:26 pm

It does not take this long to read thru this wack ass case, someone(s) is not sure. I doubt after all this time, they havent reached their own conclusions. So now its about fighting it out, and going thru each count to the rule.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:27 pm

^ Yeah. I feel in my gut that not all of them are in total agreement. This isn't doom or gloom, I'm just being realistic. I've worked in test groups enough to know that there's always one or two out of the bunch who has to go against the others.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:28 pm

I find it really, really hard to believe that every member of that jury will think Michael is guilty, going on all the evidence they've been presented with. This "case" just doesn't add up at all. And I can't see them wanting a hung jury either, even though I agree there may be conflict. Maybe I'm being over-confident and should shut up though. :)