Michael Jackson Honored With Lifetime Achievement Grammy

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:06 pm

The official Grammy Awards ceremony isn’t on until next month, but the academy has awarded it’s first Lifetime Achievement Award to the late Michael Jackson. The statue will be presented to the King of Pop’s family on January 30.
http://www.thecelebritytruth.com/michae ... ent-page-1

He deserves it.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Yes, he does!

sunshine.larrazabal

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:42 pm

YESSSS!!!! I know I was right! Michael's first award in 2010! :yayyay we love you more, Mike! :D

sweet princess

Post by sweet princess » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 pm

[QUOTE=MJfan01';229505]The official Grammy Awards ceremony isn’t on until next month, but the academy has awarded it’s first Lifetime Achievement Award to the late Michael Jackson. The statue will be presented to the King of Pop’s family on January 30.
http://www.thecelebritytruth.com/michae ... ent-page-1

He deserves it.[/QUOTE]

Yes he does, We love you Michael.:D

R.I.P. Michael..I love you...

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:23 am

Has Michael won that award before? He's won too many to count, I can't keep up with his awesomeness...
the member formerly known as MJslave...

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:47 pm

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;229577]Has Michael won that award before? He's won too many to count, I can't keep up with his awesomeness...[/QUOTE]

He won the grammy legend award.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;229577]Has Michael won that award before? He's won too many to count, I can't keep up with his awesomeness...[/QUOTE]

LOL! :lol I love how you said 'his awesomeness.' :D

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Michael Jackson will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy the day before the Grammy Awards take place on January 30, according to a statement released by the organization. Jackson is one of seven musicians set to receive the honor, a list that also includes singer Bobby Darin, singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen, blues guitarist David "Honeyboy" Edwards, country legend and Jack White collaborator Loretta Lynn, composer Andre Previn and jazz trumpeter Clark Terry.

The awards will be handed out at the invite-only Special Merit Awards. Jackson was not eligible for any Grammy nods this year, although he won four American Music Awards posthumously.

And while no Grammy tribute to MJ had been announced at press time, at the junket for their A&E miniseries, "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty", the brothers responded with enthusiastic "Yeah!"s when asked if they'd like to be involved in such a tribute, should it take place.

"We'd just like to see exactly what went down in a great sort of tribute or whatever the plan is," Jermaine Jackson added. "We want it to be real."

If it occurs, the Grammy tribute would join a list that includes BET Awards shortly after Michael's death, which saw sister Janet giving a brief speech and musical tributes; the 2009 Video Music Awards, where Janet and Madonna paid tribute to him via a performance and a speech, respectively; and on "Dancing With the Stars," with his family in attendance.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162810 ... hael.jhtml

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:56 pm

grammys are right around the corner.

Pirate.

Post by Pirate. » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Shut up, Jermaine, you lost your speaking privileges a while ago.

BUT YAY! Go Michael <3

DAMN.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm

[QUOTE=Pirate.;232417]Shut up, Jermaine, you lost your speaking privileges a while ago.[/QUOTE]
:lol Seriously!

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 am

Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Smokey Robinson and Celine Dion will take part in the Grammy Awards’ 3-D tribute to Michael Jackson live on January 31st. The Recording Academy is honoring the King of Pop with a Lifetime Achievement Award on music’s biggest night and premiering previously unseen footage from his planned This Is It concerts that was filmed to accompany his performance of “Earth Song.” The musicians will sing along with a recording of Jackson’s vocal as the 3-D mini-movie that was meant to be the centerpiece of This Is It rolls.

Look back at Michael Jackson’s life and career, in photos.

“It was one of the most important portions of the concert tour to Michael, and when Michael saw the film for the first time at his last rehearsal, there were tears in his eyes,” Grammy co-executive producer and Jackson’s friend Ken Ehrlich said in a statement. The “Earth Song” footage, which expresses Jackson’s intense concern for the welfare of the planet, was shown in part in concert film This Is It, which is due out on DVD five days before the Grammy Awards, on January 26th. Jackson had big plans to bring 3-D to the concert experience, shooting a new “Thriller” video using the technology, as well.

CBS, the network airing the Grammys live, is teaming with Target to distribute millions of 3-D glasses so viewers can experience the Jackson tribute at home. People attending the awards live at Los Angeles’ Staples Center will also receive a pair of 3-D glasses. The event will mark the first time a sequence is broadcast three-dimensionally during an awards show.

Jackson’s career was previously celebrated at MTV’s Video Music Awards, where Madonna gave a speech about her special relationship to the King of Pop and Janet Jackson assembled an all-star crew of choreographers to pay tribute to her brother’s groundbreaking dancing. Stars also honored Jackson at the BET Awards, which took place just days after his June 25th death.

Check out all of Rolling Stone’s essential Michael Jackson coverage.

As Rolling Stone previously reported, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Green Day, Pink, Dave Matthews Band, Bon Jovi and the Black Eyed Peas will also perform at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... n-tribute/

Get your exclusive THIS IS IT 3D glasses this Sunday, January 24, available only at Target, and watch the special 3D tribute to Michael Jacksonon the Grammy Awards, next Sunday, January 31 at 8/7c on CBS!
:michaeljacksonicon:

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Interesting! We may have a pair of 3-D sunglasses somewhere in the house. There gonna do it toward the end of the show aren't they? What I liked about the VMA tribute was that they did it at the beginning, whcih means i didn't have to sit my happy ass through a whole award show with a bunch of artists I don't even like!

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 am

Will the King of Pop's kids be singing his praises this weekend?

A source tells E! News exclusively that Grammy Awards producers have been making a last-minute effort to incorporate in some capacity Michael Jackson's children–Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket–into Sunday night's tribute to their late father.

The Grammys tribute will feature a 3-D mini movie set to Jackson's "Earth Song" that was going to be featured in his This is It tour.

"They've been working on everything from them singing to just making an appearance," the Grammys insider says of the little Jacksons' possible involvement.

When contacted for comment, a rep for the Grammy Awards telecast says she wasn't aware of the participation of the Jackson children. A family rep couldn't be reached for comment.

But a source close to the Jackson family tells E! News that, as of Tuesday night, the children "might" be there. The family source confirms that several members of the Jackson family, including father Joe, are scheduled to attend the Grammys.

"They might go, but Kate Kathryn, their grandmother is very protective of having them in front of the cameras, so I doubt they will walk the carpet," says the source.

Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Celine Dion and Smokey Robinson are among the confirmed participants in the Jackson tribute
http://www.postzambia.com/post-read_art ... cleId=5024

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Leave those kids alone! I'm sick of people trying to exploit them. Let them be. I'm glad Katherine is protective of them. I would be too. Back the hell up!