MJ\'s bodyguards to be on Good Morning America

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

fashion08

Post by fashion08 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:04 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackso ... d=10040297

Few people were invited into the carefully guarded world of the King of Pop, but the bodyguards hired to protect Michael Jackson and his children are speaking out on the financial and emotional troubles that plagued the late entertainer.
Watch the full exclusive interview Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

"We were asked to leave hotels because the credit card on file was denied," bodyguard Bill Whitfield told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview to air Tuesday.

"The bill wasn't paid," bodyguard Mike Garcia added.

"We smile about it," Whitfield said, "but it's really more painful and hurtful."

Jackson, who died June 25 after taking a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and propofol, a powerful anesthetic typically used in the operating room, could also fly into rages, belying the soft-spoken demeanor he showed in public.

"He got so frustrated he threw my cell phone out the window, through the window and broke the glass," Whitfield said. "And he looked at me and said, 'Bill, you're going to need a new phone."

The bodyguards were also charged with protecting Jackson and his children from seeing images of the pop icon that were splashed across the front of magazines.

"I'll be ahead of him, because I know he's coming this way, and I'm looking at magazine racks that may have something about him on them and I'll turn it around," Whitfield said. "Sometimes he's seen them, and you would actually see him take it and turn them around so the kids didn't see them."

Jackson was weeks away from staging a comeback tour in London before he died. He had been struggling for years with his finances and his public image. In his later years, he became less known for his music and talent than for his flamboyant spending habits and his reclusive behavior.

Jackson Children With Grandmother

Jackson's personal physician, Conrad Murray, has been charged with manslaughter in the pop star's death for administering the lethal dose of propofol. His three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket, have been living with Jackson's 80-year-old mother since their father's death.

sunshine.larrazabal

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:59 pm

:( This is just sad.. It is just unusual hearing or knowing a famous celebrity got his credit card denied.. Can you imagine, let's just say, for an example, Mike was "financially" supporting most of his brothers and their families PLUS Mike's own kids and mom, I mean, they did have careers when they were grewing up and they can't support their own lives, their daily needs and all that stuff????? :blink: It is just sad to think, it was all in Mike's shoulder, the burden... :( Was it because Mike bought the Sony catalog??? It's not bad to help your family but then Mike has his own family as well, he got 3 kids with NO mom, it was just him they knew as their parent who stayed with them and cared for them when they got sick or ill, if they needed something, it's Mike they always go and ask to buy them something----------- I doubt Mike's kids ever--- EVER asked their uncles and aunts for money or anything. Maybe they gave the kids (kiddie) gifts, but ask???? I doubt! *sigh* Poor, Michael.... I hope what am saying about some of his brothers are not true!

Irish Flower

Post by Irish Flower » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:59 pm

What's the point? Can't they just leave him alone. At this stage seriously. It's just terrible.

Michael had stress coming from all angles. Poor man. He was fighting till his death to not allow them to crush him and take everything away from him. Absolute greed.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 pm

[QUOTE=fashion08;236268]http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackso ... d=10040297

Few people were invited into the carefully guarded world of the King of Pop, but the bodyguards hired to protect Michael Jackson and his children are speaking out on the financial and emotional troubles that plagued the late entertainer.
Watch the full exclusive interview Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

"We were asked to leave hotels because the credit card on file was denied," bodyguard Bill Whitfield told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview to air Tuesday.

"The bill wasn't paid," bodyguard Mike Garcia added.

"We smile about it," Whitfield said, "but it's really more painful and hurtful."

Jackson, who died June 25 after taking a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and propofol, a powerful anesthetic typically used in the operating room, could also fly into rages, belying the soft-spoken demeanor he showed in public.

"He got so frustrated he threw my cell phone out the window, through the window and broke the glass," Whitfield said. "And he looked at me and said, 'Bill, you're going to need a new phone."

The bodyguards were also charged with protecting Jackson and his children from seeing images of the pop icon that were splashed across the front of magazines.

"I'll be ahead of him, because I know he's coming this way, and I'm looking at magazine racks that may have something about him on them and I'll turn it around," Whitfield said. "Sometimes he's seen them, and you would actually see him take it and turn them around so the kids didn't see them."

Jackson was weeks away from staging a comeback tour in London before he died. He had been struggling for years with his finances and his public image. In his later years, he became less known for his music and talent than for his flamboyant spending habits and his reclusive behavior.

Jackson Children With Grandmother

Jackson's personal physician, Conrad Murray, has been charged with manslaughter in the pop star's death for administering the lethal dose of propofol. His three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket, have been living with Jackson's 80-year-old mother since their father's death.[/QUOTE]

Well first off, welcome to the forum! I noticed this was your first post! Now on this bullsh*t......WTH? This will do absolutely nothing to help Michael. They make it seem like no one else over gets mad! I'm sure at times Michael was pissed off! How could he not be? Sometimes under extreme stress you just lose it for a min! It happens! It's not that big of a deal. This crap is pissing me off and I am about to lose it!:censored
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 pm

:rolleyes:

annelise

Post by annelise » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:53 pm

a credit card denied? come on Michael wasn't as rich as he was in the 80's and especially when he was working, cause he was not since 2001 let's not forget about that. But does anybody think really that he couldn't even pay for a hotel room??? this is silly. Either that bodyguard misinterpreted things or he is lying to be on good morning america but i don't buy it. Like Grace who said that Michael didn't have money to pay for balloons for his daughter birthday, really how much is that? 5/10 dollars! Didn't Michael ordered some painting recently that was delivered to his children?

fashion08

Post by fashion08 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:41 pm

yea this just really irritated me because they act like he's "different" because he has EMOTIONS!
idk...but the full interivew comes on tomorrow morning on good morning america.
Just thought i'd share :)

sunshine.larrazabal

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:05 pm

[QUOTE=annelise;236278]Like Grace who said that Michael didn't have money to pay for balloons for his daughter birthday, really how much is that? 5/10 dollars! Didn't Michael ordered some painting recently that was delivered to his children?[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this story, annelise? Is it that interview from that dapne whatever????? I haven't seen the entire length of the interview and I really want to see it! :( I hope someone of you guys can post the link here of the ENTIRE INTERVIEW not the "snippet" of it... Or I'll search it myself. Anyway, if it's true that the nanny said it, that is TOTALLY ABSURD!! Mike may have owed a lot of companies but I don't think people should say things like, he can't buy candies, or balloons or whatever to the kids----- it is just RIDICULOUS! :glare: Michael is getting paid from some artists' songs as he has the royalty on/to it, what are these people talking about?????! I can't understand these people who were "so-called" friends of Mike, they have been fake since then NO WONDER, these accusers and the family were trying to be like them----- taking advantage of the person because he was so humble and generous..

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:09 pm

[QUOTE=fashion08;236268] Jackson, who died June 25 after taking ... d=10040297 "We were asked to leave hotels because the credit card on file was denied," bodyguard Bill Whitfield told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview to air Tuesday.
[/QUOTE]

Does it really matter if Michael was told to leave hotels because his credit care was allegedly denide. No matter how wealthy someone is, a credit card can still get to a point were it's over the limit, and you go to pay for something, and your told your transaction has been declined. This can also happen, from forgetting to pay your monthly bill or just forgetting your correct pin number. I'm sure like everyone Michael's had his card declined when he's had more than enough credit on it, and it would be far more embarrasing for him because he's Michael Jackson.

I would have thought Michael's payment for staying in a hotel, would have been payed for before he arrived ?

Michael's alway stayed at the most expensive hotels when he came to London between 2001-09 when he was supposed to be broke. He obviously was never asked to leave because he couldn't afford the bill !

I don't know what the deal with Michael's finances were from 2001 onwards. Obviously from the 1980's to 1990s, outside of Michael's assets he would have had far more cash/money available to him because of income from his then recent albums, singles and tours. I would say asset wise Michael money on paper was continuing to grow in to huge sums of money. Money wise in the form of cash readly available to him, he may have seen huge decline in income and cash he could spend and also money to pay his employees.

I still find it impossible to believe Michael was ever broke, with hardly any money. It just doesn't add up, as Michael was still making money from the 8 million selling Invincible in 2001, in 2003 the 4 million selling album Number Ones, and in 2008 the 2 million or so selling album Thriller25. Michael was still buying expensive gifts, and was known to have always kept between 1 and 5 million in cash with him. Just after his death Dr Tohme Tohme gave $5 mllion of Michael's cash back to the Jackson family.

Another thing is people who are very wealthy and also famous, often don't carry cash even credit cards etc with them, and have their accounts do their spending/payments for them. I would presume, this would normally be the case for Michael. I know Michael did also have his bodyguards carry his cash with them etc.

Michael died with his estate healthy and solvent. Sony haven't tried to control of Michael's 50% of Sony/ATV etc. This credit card story is no big deal, and so what if Michael's credit card was declined it doesn't mean he was broke. At worst, I think Michael's finances were a mess and with his accountants not doing there job properly, and paying his out goings when they should have done. Michael had very bad management and accountants in the 2000's. And it was only in the last year or few months of his life he was finally getting a brilliant management team together again, and starting to be hands on as he was in the 1980's again.

I'm not saying they never worked for Michael, but I've also never seen any of those 3 bodyguards in photos with Michael ? or on any visits to the UK with Michael.

I also find this whole media, Michael Jackson died broke and a drug addict a load of crap. It's a typical media thing, and Michael wasn't broke having to tour to pay bills and employees like Elvis had to when he shouldn't have been touring due to ill health. Michael was never down, he always got back up fought and won. Michael's had a few minor health problems but died not a drug addict, but healthy man. According to one of Michael's lawyers Howard Waitzmen, Michael did have some debts (most people do, doesn't mean your broke), but no where near the amount the media said he had.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 pm

These people have no business coming on GMA and putting a dead man's business out on the street. Do they have no shame? I wonder how much GMA is paying them for this bullsh*t interview? Seriously, this is ridiculous. His credit card got denied? If Michael was so broke, how was he able to pay these bodyguards? The man's financial troubles were his own business. As long as your ass is getting your paycheck, don't worry about it! Michael's problems with his image in the media were not his fault. Everyone and their mother was out to make him look like a monster because that is what gets ratings,that is what sells magazines and newspapers and that's what gets you a nice payday when your shady ass gives an interview to GMA. People are accusing him of abusing kids who never even made an allegation and Martin Bashir got crazy with the edit button when he made a documentary on Michael so he could look like a freak show on prime time television for ratings and press. Michael struggled with his image because the media and later society turned on him for no reason other than the fact that he was the most famous man in the world and he was very unconventional. It hurt me to read that he would turn magazine covers of himself around so the kids wouldn't see it. I'd see those horrible covers and I'd always wonder what he felt when he saw them. These guys need to get actual jobs and stop looking for quick paydays by selling out your deceased boss!

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 pm

[QUOTE=Cristine87;236294]These people have no business coming on GMA and putting a dead man's business out on the street. Do they have no shame? I wonder how much GMA is paying them for this bullsh*t interview? Seriously, this is ridiculous. His credit card got denied? If Michael was so broke, how was he able to pay these bodyguards? The man's financial troubles were his own business. As long as your ass is getting your paycheck, don't worry about it! Michael's problems with his image in the media were not his fault. Everyone and their mother was out to make him look like a monster because that is what gets ratings,that is what sells magazines and newspapers and that's what gets you a nice payday when your shady ass gives an interview to GMA. People are accusing him of abusing kids who never even made an allegation and Martin Bashir got crazy with the edit button when he made a documentary on Michael so he could look like a freak show on prime time television for ratings and press. Michael struggled with his image because the media and later society turned on him for no reason other than the fact that he was the most famous man in the world and he was very unconventional. It hurt me to read that he would turn magazine covers of himself around so the kids wouldn't see it. I'd see those horrible covers and I'd always wonder what he felt when he saw them. These guys need to get actual jobs and stop looking for quick paydays by selling out your deceased boss![/QUOTE]

I wonder how much they have been paid to gossip about Michael?:pullhair:bs
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Sydney

Post by Sydney » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:38 pm

And so it begins ........ The closer we approach 25 June 2010 the worst it will become.

sunshine.larrazabal

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:18 pm

[QUOTE=Sydney;236303]And so it begins ........ The closer we approach 25 June 2010 the worst it will become.[/QUOTE]

OMIGOD!!!! Up to his death and his almost 1 year after he passed, he's still being ridiculed... What does the people want from him????????? I thought that was understood when Marlon said------ he will not be ridiculed and will stop anything bad that they (some people) want to fire about him????????? Guess, these people are not yet satisfied, eh?? Are they waiting for God's punishment??????? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: UGHH!!!!

SexyChica

Post by SexyChica » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Some people have no shame. I won't be watching that crap tomorrow.
[align=center]R.I.P

Uncle Johnny

August 12, 1955-September 7, 1999

Uncle Pat

July 5, 1955-May 2, 2007

Uncle Darrel

August 18, 1957-December 17, 2008

I MISS YOU. GONE, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN.
[/align]

diplomate

Post by diplomate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:47 am

Anything you will say about Mike or the way he lived with his kids , the media will pay you A LOT to have this.

It's not new.

And with the death of Mike, now the price is HIGHER.

And more you will say something bad or not very happy the price will be HIGHER.

That's bu$ine$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.