MJ\'s bodyguards to be on Good Morning America

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:11 pm

In regards to his vitiligo, perhaps one of the reasons Michael didn't come out with it straight away is because it didn't quite occur to him what was going to be said? Michael did say he didn't know about skin bleaching, I certainly had never heard of skin bleaching until I heard it about Michael. Perhaps Michae didn't know they were going to come up such nasty stories (remember he started turning white in the 80's when he wasn't getting as much critisizm as he does now) so he didn't say anything.
Perhaps he was hoping something could be done about it BEFORE he went completely white so he tried not to draw attention to it until it was too late.
Perhaps he didn't want people to know about his diseases because even MORE nasty stories would be written (he was diagnosed with lupus in 1986 too and the media might have found that out if they knew he was diagnosed with vitiligo then), we've all heard the stories that he was dying before he really did...

There are so many reasons why he might not have talked about it, to be made fun of about his apperance his entire life, then get burned, have vitiligo... He would have been tourmented by his apperance.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 am

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;236668]In regards to his vitiligo, perhaps one of the reasons Michael didn't come out with it straight away is because it didn't quite occur to him what was going to be said? Michael did say he didn't know about skin bleaching, I certainly had never heard of skin bleaching until I heard it about Michael. Perhaps Michae didn't know they were going to come up such nasty stories (remember he started turning white in the 80's when he wasn't getting as much critisizm as he does now) so he didn't say anything.
Perhaps he was hoping something could be done about it BEFORE he went completely white so he tried not to draw attention to it until it was too late.
Perhaps he didn't want people to know about his diseases because even MORE nasty stories would be written (he was diagnosed with lupus in 1986 too and the media might have found that out if they knew he was diagnosed with vitiligo then), we've all heard the stories that he was dying before he really did...

There are so many reasons why he might not have talked about it, to be made fun of about his apperance his entire life, then get burned, have vitiligo... He would have been tourmented by his apperance.[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't f-cking get though...for every person that called him 'ugly' or 'freaky' looking there were 10 more people saying how he was NOT ugly, and calling him 'sexy' and 'amazing.'

I wish I met Michael so I could have slapped the $hit out of him at times. I would have put my hands on his shoulders, looked him square in the eyes and said to him, "Look. You are FINE. Not fine like okay but fine as in...how do I say this?...Sexy! I want you. So many people out there want you. You are amazing. Beautiful. Sexy and truly talented. Isn't that enough?"

Maybe I'm offending some people by saying that but I can't help it. I feel that way.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:34 am

[QUOTE=Saphster;236681]This is what I don't f-cking get though...for every person that called him 'ugly' or 'freaky' looking there were 10 more people saying how he was NOT ugly, and calling him 'sexy' and 'amazing.'

I wish I met Michael so I could have slapped the $hit out of him at times. I would have put my hands on his shoulders, looked him square in the eyes and said to him, "Look. You are FINE. Not fine like okay but fine as in...how do I say this?...Sexy! I want you. So many people out there want you. You are amazing. Beautiful. Sexy and truly talented. Isn't that enough?"

Maybe I'm offending some people by saying that but I can't help it. I feel that way.[/QUOTE]

No I get you, there have been times when I've wanted to hug Michael, slap him, and just be able to say 'look, you can talk to me okay, I'm not going to go around telling people'. And I never would have told people either, I think the trust from someone confiding in you is more valuble than any amount of money.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

annelise

Post by annelise » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 am

[QUOTE=Jeniffer30;236536]People see it because it's true. Michael was sad and lonely a lot. Haven't you heard him say that same exact thing? Michael was a prisoner of his own fame. for pretty much most of his life. How much time did he spend in hotel rooms unable to go out because of the crowd of fans outside. He couldn't just jump up and say "Ya know what I think I'll go to the park." His life was tragic, sad and lonely. Just because he had a purpose and looked for the beauty in everything doesn't mean he wasn't sad and lonely. I mean the man was afraid of mirrors because he thought that people would put cameras behind them. there were very few people that Michael could trust. Could you live like that and not be depressed and lonely? These men were with Michael everyday for two years. I'm sure that they got to know Michael in a way that few people ever do. I'm glad they spoke up and told the truth! I wish I could give them a great big hug!:8-26-03respect:[/QUOTE]

well then that's a good thing he died, right? his life wasn't all that, Michael was probably happier that all of us reunited because he had balance to that sadness and loneliness but fans don't wanna see it. They only wanna see the sad side of his life, don't we all have one???

Take his vitiligo for example, in my opinion Michael waited far too long to tell the world what was really going on. If he would have said something when the rumors first started it could have out an end to all of that right there. Just my opinion!

There is no excuses for the media to have treated Michael the way they did concerning the vitiligo, even if Michael said it in 1993. First that is his skin, his life and he doesn't have to share everything with us, second they didn't even give him the benefit of the doubt, ever! I mean they are acting like Michael couldn't physically get the disease it had to be bleaching. The autopsy report once again stated that Michael had the disease but that didn't change anything, they don't wanna listen and if Michael had said it before it wouldn't have change anything.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:11 am

[QUOTE=annelise;236697]well then that's a good thing he died, right? his life wasn't all that, Michael was probably happier that all of us reunited because he had balance to that sadness and loneliness but fans don't wanna see it. They only wanna see the sad side of his life, don't we all have one???

Take his vitiligo for example, in my opinion Michael waited far too long to tell the world what was really going on. If he would have said something when the rumors first started it could have out an end to all of that right there. Just my opinion!

There is no excuses for the media to have treated Michael the way they did concerning the vitiligo, even if Michael said it in 1993. First that is his skin, his life and he doesn't have to share everything with us, second they didn't even give him the benefit of the doubt, ever! I mean they are acting like Michael couldn't physically get the disease it had to be bleaching. The autopsy report once again stated that Michael had the disease but that didn't change anything, they don't wanna listen and if Michael had said it before it wouldn't have change anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's fair it's just the way the world is. I love Michael to death, but it doesn't mean that he didn't make mistakes concerning some of these things. Being in the media's eye for most of his life Michael should have known how the media and tabloids work. He was right when he said that if people hear something enough they start to believe it. I imagine that some of these people think that because Michael waited so long to say anything was because he was bleaching his skin and didn't want anyone to know. They think that the vitiligo is a lie to cover up what was really going on. As far as the autopsy report goes....I'm sure that most people that don't like Michael haven't read it.

Being a celebrity comes with certain amount of scrutiny. That's just to be expected. If something is going on that people are questioning; they will start to speculate and come to their own conclusions. Again, I'm not saying it's fair or right. It's just the way the world works. Michael made some mistakes when it came to dealing with his image in the media.

And no I don't think it's good that he died. I honestly can't believe that you said that. I'm sure that Michael tried as hard as he could to balance his sadness with the good things he had. He loved his children and would never have wanted to leave them. I'm not so sure about he relationship with his family. I think he had a good relationship with his mother and Janet and that he had a decent relationship with Joe at the end, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the family. I think a major contributor to Michael's sadness was the fact that just about everybody wanted SOMETHING from him. I'm not saying that Michael was sad every single minute, but I do think it was a lot. This world cannot handle angels like him. This world destroyed him.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:02 pm

[QUOTE=Jeniffer30;236662] Michael didn't state that he had vitiligo until 1993 during the Oprah interview. How long had everyone already been speculating about what was going on and coming to there own conclusions? The rumors had already been going around for years and a lot of people believed it because Michael was offering no explanation. So people assumed that it was something that he was doing to himself. Once Michael did come out with what was going on most people assumed he was lying. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way this world is.

Does this mean that everyone should stop defending Michael? Just because people won't believe it. Some might. That's what matters.[/QUOTE]

Where did I say everyone should stop defending him? :blink:

I said it before; I am working literally day and night to bring justice to Michael and make the world understand and realize who he was. After his death I've dedicated my life to it even more, and I'm sorry that my posts in this thread might come accross as angry, but it's something I feel very passionate about. The only thing I criticize is the way people defend him. I know they mean well and I know I'm being awfully picky, but instead of revealing his private life, sharing truths that the media true to themselves will twist around and make into something negative, etc., why not show who he really was by showing all the good things he did throughout his life, like his humanitarian efforts? Those are FACTS and cannot be denied, and they show his true self - who he really was. But the media ignored it for years. Decades. The world would be SHOCKED if they knew the truth.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;236702]Where did I say everyone should stop defending him? :blink:

I said it before; I am working literally day and night to bring justice to Michael and make the world understand and realize who he was. After his death I've dedicated my life to it even more, and I'm sorry that my posts in this thread might come accross as angry, but it's something I feel very passionate about. The only thing I criticize is the way people defend him. I know they mean well and I know I'm being awfully picky, but instead of revealing his private life, sharing truths that the media true to themselves will twist around and make into something negative, etc., why not show who he really was by showing all the good things he did throughout his life, like his humanitarian efforts? Those are FACTS and cannot be denied, and they show his true self - who he really was. But the media ignored it for years. Decades. The world would be SHOCKED if they knew the truth.[/QUOTE]

If nothing is ever going to make people see the truth. Then what's the point? If no one's ever going to believe then what are we doing? To me if I can change one person's mind then I feel good. That's how it's done one person at a time.
People have showed all the good that Michael has done. They've talked about it. They say that's what most important and it is, but it's not enough. Michael's image hos been damaged too much for those things to rectify things. What people need to see is the personal side of Michael. I'm not saying that people should come forward and spout about every little tiny detail about Michael, but telling stories about how Michael loved to go through the drive through or the fact that he had girlfriends isn't really telling private stories. They are remembering Michael and sharing their stories. They want the world to know the real Michael. I feel very passionate about this too. I think this is what the world needs to hear.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:21 pm

[QUOTE=Jeniffer30;236704]If nothing is ever going to make people see the truth. Then what's the point? If no one's ever going to believe then what are we doing? To me if I can change one person's mind then I feel good. That's how it's done one person at a time.
People have showed all the good that Michael has done. They've talked about it. They say that's what most important and it is, but it's not enough. Michael's image hos been damaged too much for those things to rectify things. What people need to see is the personal side of Michael. I'm not saying that people should come forward and spout about every little tiny detail about Michael, but telling stories about how Michael loved to go through the drive through or the fact that he had girlfriends isn't really telling private stories. They are remembering Michael and sharing their stories. They want the world to know the real Michael. I feel very passionate about this too. I think this is what the world needs to hear.[/QUOTE]

I think we just have to agree to disagree then. :)
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;236706]I think we just have to agree to disagree then. :)[/QUOTE]

Lol! That happens! It's ok. Michael does bring out the passion in all of us doesn't he?!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 pm

I agree with both of you, but I have to clap for this:
why not show who he really was by showing all the good things he did throughout his life, like his humanitarian efforts? Those are FACTS and cannot be denied, and they show his true self - who he really was. But the media ignored it for years. Decades. The world would be SHOCKED if they knew the truth.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:33 pm

[QUOTE=Jeniffer30;236707]Lol! That happens! It's ok. Michael does bring out the passion in all of us doesn't he?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, he sure does... on many levels. :whistle :lol
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:35 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;236708]I agree with both of you, but I have to clap for this:[/QUOTE]

:8-26-03respect:

Good to see you, Carla - missed you. :)
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Shannon;236710 wrote::8-26-03respect:

Good to see you, Carla - missed you. :)
I've missed you too, girl. I feel like there's so much to catch up on. I barely found out about this bodyguard story; I almost thought it was "old", recycled news :oops: I should be around a lot more in the coming days though. :)
Michael does bring out the passion in all of us doesn't he?!
Definitely, Jennifer!
Yeah, he sure does... on many levels
hahaha! You're so bad, Veronica! *but so right*

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:41 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;236709]Yeah, he sure does... on many levels. :whistle :lol[/QUOTE]

How is it that every thread no matter what it's about at some point in time turns into a "How hot was Michael conversation?"

[QUOTE=Shannon;236710]:8-26-03respect:

Good to see you, Carla - missed you. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree Veronica! Missed you girl!

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 pm

@ Shannon and Jennifer

You are both correct, different paths going to the same destination. Personally I think some people started to think differently when his daughter spoke at his memorial. Before that the media spoon fed the public for years that these children were given a great dis-service having MJ as a father. Remember Gloria Allred and Carol lieberman tried for years to have DFCS remove his children from his custody. People need to see MJ as a human being not a god, or a demon.

I personally enjoy hearing childhood stories, or when Michael Bearden talked about the Dirty Diana scene for the show. They all make MJ seem more relatable. We also have to remember that we are fans, and the average person isn't going to see Michael the way we do, and they are not going to be as interested.
I will remember you.