MJ\'s bodyguards to be on Good Morning America

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Jeniffer30;236712 wrote:How is it that every thread no matter what it's about at some point in time turns into a "How hot was Michael conversation?"

I agree Veronica! Missed you girl!
:lol Your avatar and signature, Jennifer...classic. You and the neck will never part. I thought i was the only 'neck' lover!
We also have to remember that we are fans, and the average person isn't going to see Michael the way we do, and they are not going to be as interested
Yep. Unfortunately for Michael, he's had too many vocal detractors and not enough prominent supporters and that average person gets a sorely unbalanced view of him. Though I hate to put politics into this, it's a little like how the President is being treated by both the opposition and even to a large effect, the press. Organizationally, I would have loved for Michael to have ONE official spokesperson with creditials instead of that Oxman fool or even some of the Jacksons themselves. It shouldn't be the estate always having to play defense. Hopefully once Murray's trial comes upon us in April, they'll be a little more proactive and vocal against the bs. Cause like you said, Teva, the average person isn't going to react to Michael like we do.
[align=center]Image[/align]

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;236715]:lol Your avatar and signature, Jennifer...classic. You and the neck will never part. I thought i was the only 'neck' lover!

Yep. Unfortunately for Michael, he's had too many vocal detractors and not enough prominent supporters and that average person gets a sorely unbalanced view of him. Though I hate to put politics into this, it's a little like how the President is being treated by both the opposition and even to a large effect, the press. Organizationally, I would have loved for Michael to have ONE official spokesperson with creditials instead of that Oxman fool or even some of the Jacksons themselves. It shouldn't be the estate always having to play defense. Hopefully once Murray's trial comes upon us in April, they'll be a little more proactive and vocal against the bs. Cause like you said, Teva, the average person isn't going to react to Michael like we do.[/QUOTE]

So did I! For the longest time I though I was crazy! Why do I obsess over Michael's neck? Glad to know that I am not the only one. I wish I had joined this sight years ago. Then I wouldn't have felt so alone in my love for his gorgeous neck! I love my siggy. A friend from another forum made it for me! I was ecstatic to say the least. She made me another one that I posted in the sexy gifs thread.

Yup, the average person isn't going to see through the bullsh*t as we do. They are not going to hear the truth. Unfortunately where Michael is concerned the truth about him is something you have to put some time and effort in finding out. That information is not as easily accessible as all the crap is.

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:23 pm

http://investigation.discovery.com/vide ... -hear.html

You guys have to check this out. I know this should be in its own thread.
I will remember you.

shelly

Post by shelly » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 pm

[QUOTE=Teva;236721]http://investigation.discovery.com/vide ... -hear.html

You guys have to check this out. I know this should be in its own thread.[/QUOTE]

I didn't understand everything she said. She spoke about him having something because he stayed in bed for months after the trial. I didn't get what she said. Could you explain it to me?

craze4mj

Post by craze4mj » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am

i went on their facebooks
they hate that TMZ are lying on them
hate that no one was defending him
mike garcia had the first page of their book as his profile pic for a quick minute

the bodyguards are thanked in the thriller 25 release

javon said no one could take away the time he spent with mj
said that was his friend and boss and he would miss him forever

these ppl arent gonna spice up their story
they're sayin it like it is

shelly

Post by shelly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:39 am

[QUOTE=craze4mj;236801]i went on their facebooks
they hate that TMZ are lying on them
hate that no one was defending him
mike garcia had the first page of their book as his profile pic for a quick minute

the bodyguards are thanked in the thriller 25 release

javon said no one could take away the time he spent with mj
said that was his friend and boss and he would miss him forever

these ppl arent gonna spice up their story
they're sayin it like it is[/QUOTE]

Could you give us their facebooks accounts?

annelise

Post by annelise » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 pm

[QUOTE=Jeniffer30;236700]
And no I don't think it's good that he died. I honestly can't believe that you said that. I'm sure that Michael tried as hard as he could to balance his sadness with the good things he had. He loved his children and would never have wanted to leave them. I'm not so sure about he relationship with his family. I think he had a good relationship with his mother and Janet and that he had a decent relationship with Joe at the end, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the family. I think a major contributor to Michael's sadness was the fact that just about everybody wanted SOMETHING from him. I'm not saying that Michael was sad every single minute, but I do think it was a lot. This world cannot handle angels like him. This world destroyed him.[/QUOTE]

Michael was not destroyed.
You said his life was tragic, sad and lonely.
Forgetting about the joy his children gave him, forgeting about the love he felt for us and that he received from us, forgeting the woman he loved, the friends he had, forgeting Michael passion for the music, the dance. Michael was positive and saw the positivity in everything. I am not saying he was never sad and/or never lonely but to think that is all he was is simply not seeing him, his beautiful songs and his messages of hope and joy.

Teva

Post by Teva » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:20 pm

[QUOTE=shelly;236730]I didn't understand everything she said. She spoke about him having something because he stayed in bed for months after the trial. I didn't get what she said. Could you explain it to me?[/QUOTE]

She said he had bed sores. They basically are wounds that develope when you are in a consistent position for a prolong period. The blood does not circulate to the skin that is in contact with a pressure surface like a bed, or chair and as a result the skin develops a sore or wound.
I will remember you.

Teva

Post by Teva » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 pm

[QUOTE=annelise;236819]Michael was not destroyed.
Forgetting about the joy his children gave him, forgeting about the love he felt for us and that he received from us, forgeting the woman he loved, the friends he had, forgeting Michael passion for the music, the dance. Michael was positive and saw the positivity in everything. I am not saying he was never sad and/or never lonely but to think that is all he was is simply not seeing him, his beautiful songs and his messages of hope and joy.[/QUOTE]

Michael was not destroyed, but damn near. Personally I think his life was like anyone of ours it had its peaks and valleys, but Michael had more downs than ups. I say this because I listen to his music especially after 1993 (ground zero): Stranger in Moscow is deep on a sad level, Armageddon of the brain, says it all; Is It Scary, Morphine etc.

Yes he loved his children, all children. What's that old saying? "As a moth is drawn to a flame so are we to the source of our own self-destruction." Ultimately it was his love for children that took him down. He had to help a child that was suffering from cancer he could not say no, and we know what happened next. Although MJ loved his children they were not enough to make him stop using propofol as a sleep aid. He asked many doctors about it and they said no and warned him of the dangers including nurse Cherilyn Lee unfortunately Dr. Murray obliged. (The man is a sorry excuse for a doctor).

Michael Jackson had wonderful, and beautiful characteristics. They should not be overlooked he cared about the planet (more than me) and Earth Song is on my top ten best songs EVER produce list. Still I can't help but feel some sadness because of how far he fell, the likes of which I have never seen. I was recently listening to a Charles Thompson interview on the radio, and the hostess said Michael Jackson suffered the greatest character assasination in history! Thomas Messereau was approached by numerous publishing houses after the trial to write a tell-all book, but when he said he truly believed in his client's innocence they backed down.

I hate to say it, but I have to. I do see tragedy. Do you guys know that when MJ died he did not own 50% of the ATV catalog? He sold 50% of his half back to Sony leaving him with only 25%. If he defaulted on payments they had the option to claim the remaining 25%! He lost Neverland, he could not and did not want to live there anymore. He lost so much!
I will remember you.

shelly

Post by shelly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

[QUOTE=Teva;236829]She said he had bed sores. They basically are wounds that develope when you are in a consistent position for a prolong period. The blood does not circulate to the skin that is in contact with a pressure surface like a bed, or chair and as a result the skin develops a sore or wound.[/QUOTE]

My god, it's so sad.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:20 pm

:(

Teva

Post by Teva » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 pm

I celebrate the fact that Michael Jackson despite, and inspite of his many problems, and media assasination still could plan and put together a comeback.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 pm

[QUOTE=annelise;236819]Michael was not destroyed.
Forgetting about the joy his children gave him, forgeting about the love he felt for us and that he received from us, forgeting the woman he loved, the friends he had, forgeting Michael passion for the music, the dance. Michael was positive and saw the positivity in everything. I am not saying he was never sad and/or never lonely but to think that is all he was is simply not seeing him, his beautiful songs and his messages of hope and joy.[/QUOTE]

Michael DIED from using propfol to sleep. That seems like destroyed to me. I'm not saying that Michael was NEVER happy, but I think that the sadness and loneliness outweighed that. A person can only take so much and deal with so much crap before it starts to take a toll. Michael went through way more then his fair share of hell. I do see beauty and happiness and wonderful messages in his songs. I love him for trying so hard to be happy and overcome all the crap that was thrown at him. If you can't see that he was sad and lonely and that his life was tragic then I would have to conclude that it's just something that you refuse to see.

craze4mj

Post by craze4mj » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 pm

when did mj own 100% of the catalog

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 pm

[QUOTE=craze4mj;236848]when did mj own 100% of the catalog[/QUOTE]

Michael bought the ATV catalog in 1985 for 47.5 million dollars. At that time he owned 100% of the ATV catalog. In 1995 Michael merged the ATV catalog with Sony's catalog becoming the Sony/ATV catalog. Michael borrowed 270 million dollars from Sony using his stake in the catalog as collateral. There were rumors that he had sold part of the catalog off, but as far as I know no one really knows for sure. Michael did not sell any of it to Sony he borrowed against it. If Michael had been unable to pay off that loan from Sony he would have had to relinquish 50% of his stake in the catalog. That never happened as far as I know.