Randy Jackson wants to open tomb for June 25th

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed May 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Randy Jackson has caused outrage on Twitter by insisting he is doing his best to allow Michael Jackson fans access to visit his late brother’s grave on the first anniversary of his death.

According to reports, a battle is brewing between the King of Pop’s younger brother and the family of another celebrity buried in the private section of the Forest Lawn cemetery, in California.

In a series of posts on his Twitter page, Randy wrote: “Although they have strict rules, I’ll do my best to see if fans can visit and pay their respects beyond the gates of Forest Lawn, on the 25th [of June].”

However, the cemetery’s regulations have so far prevented the music legend’s fans from being able to visit his mausoleum and the grandson of legendary actor Clark Gable has reportedly told TMZ.com that the mausoleum “wouldn’t be sacred” if members of the public could visit it.

But Randy has one supporter at least — author Ronald J Fields — the grandson of 1930s actor WC Fields, who is also buried at Forest Lawn. He believes fans should be allowed inside because it would be “moving to them”.

So far, Randy has reportedly not responded to media requests to comment on the matter.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/peopl ... Pops-grave

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Michael needs to be left alone.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Teva

Post by Teva » Wed May 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I think it would require proper planning. I don't think it would be an invasion of privacy if for 1 day a year (not June 25th, that should be for family) his mausoleum be open to fans. Certainly not have it as a revolving door like Graceland. I also think the media should be banned from entering, and persons like Diane Dimond and Maureen Orth be kept permanently away from him. The system used for fans to attend the memorial could be used on a yearly basis, as long as it doesn't turn into a circus. Michael Jackson loved his fans I don't think, and of course I don't know for sure, he would want to be permanently shut away. Forever is a long time.

I don't think it will be possible as long as MJ is at Forest Lawn. They are other cypts in the mausoleum, and those families may object to MJ's fans disturbing their loved ones eternal rest. One of the reasons I would be vehmently against this is the media. The TMZs, Extras, and News of the Worlds going to Forest Lawn only to report and find fault with everything.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Wed May 19, 2010 11:35 pm

I agree with Teva. I think that if it's planned properly then it would be ok. The only problem is there are millions of MJ fans. My only worry is people pretending to be MJ fans may get in and defile Michael's crypt. Michael loved his fans and I think he would be ok with it.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

MJ.L.O.V.E
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by MJ.L.O.V.E » Thu May 20, 2010 12:20 am

I think that since its just for one day it should be allowed. But then again the down side would be that u might have those who front to be fans and would defile his resting place and two how would you control the millions of fans who would fly from around the world to get there one last shot and getting some closure and being oh so close to him. Its a decison that really needs to planned and thought through carefully.

:cantfigureout

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:51 am

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]Michael needs to be left alone.[/quote]
I agree!

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Thu May 20, 2010 7:17 pm

[quote name="Teva"]I think it would require proper planning. I don't think it would be an invasion of privacy if for 1 day a year (not June 25th, that should be for family) his mausoleum be open to fans. Certainly not have it as a revolving door like Graceland. I also think the media should be banned from entering, and persons like Diane Dimond and Maureen Orth be kept permanently away from him. The system used for fans to attend the memorial could be used on a yearly basis, as long as it doesn't turn into a circus. Michael Jackson loved his fans I don't think, and of course I don't know for sure, he would want to be permanently shut away. Forever is a long time.

I don't think it will be possible as long as MJ is at Forest Lawn. They are other cypts in the mausoleum, and those families may object to MJ's fans disturbing their loved ones eternal rest. One of the reasons I would be vehmently against this is the media. The TMZs, Extras, and News of the Worlds going to Forest Lawn only to report and find fault with everything.[/quote]
I agree. The media should be banned from Forest Lawn. Even if it is for one day with proper planning, I'm worried about the ppl posing as fans. There's no telling what they might do, especially since that problem happened with some fans bribing security to get a view. Btw, who is Maureen Orth?

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Fri May 21, 2010 12:27 am

The media should be banned from the area.

Every person who wants to come close to Michael's grave should be checked for weapons, cameras, etc before they are let in.

Michael's grave... this is SO depressing. This whole thing is depressing.

I just want to be able to give him flowers one day and at least touch the grave. Can I just do that? Just put my hand on it? It will be the closest I will ever get to Michael. Couldn't be close to him when he was alive. Let me get close at least in death. I know fans don't have the right that family does but...we are like his family. We loved him like crazy and I always felt like he never received enough love...

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri May 21, 2010 6:42 am

I don't think I could go there knowing Michael was inside...
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri May 21, 2010 11:43 am

I don't think Randy's idea of trying to get Forest Lawn open for fans. I really appreciate that Randy obviously has respect for fans, and know that many of us haven't been able to pay our respects to Michael, and that for many of us there hasn't been any closure.

Forest Lawn is place that only allows family members or very close friends to visit those who lay in rest, and I think it should stay like that. No matter how high the security is, or how much Randy has fans checked out, someone from the media will get near Michael's place of rest, or someone posing as a fan will sneak a photo or video and sell it to the media. I'd love to visit Forest Lawn at some stage, but only those very close to Michael should visit because of the risk of media intrusion. Media intrusion would also give Michael and the Jackson family a bad name with other families who have famous or high profile family who are laid to rest there.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

[quote name="Ben"]I don't think Randy's idea of trying to get Forest Lawn open for fans. I really appreciate that Randy obviously has respect for fans, and know that many of us haven't been able to pay our respects to Michael, and that for many of us there hasn't been any closure.

Forest Lawn is place that only allows family members or very close friends to visit those who lay in rest, and I think it should stay like that. No matter how high the security is, or how much Randy has fans checked out, someone from the media will get near Michael's place of rest, or someone posing as a fan will sneak a photo or video and sell it to the media. I'd love to visit Forest Lawn at some stage, but only those very close to Michael should visit because of the risk of media intrusion. Media intrusion would also give Michael and the Jackson family a bad name with other families who have famous or high profile family who are laid to rest there.[/quote]

Pictures of Michael's resting place have already been leaked to the media. Since that has already happened I don't see the issue. As far as Michael was concerned his fans were family to him. He's said it enough times. I think that if they did something along the lines of what they did for the memorial it would control the amount of people that would be able to come to Forest Lawn. I think Michael's fans should be able to visit his actual resting place. My only worry is someone defacing or disrespecting Michael. Security would have to be very tight.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Tinalilly75
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Tinalilly75 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:49 pm

NOT a good idea!
“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â€

marialovesmjj

Post by marialovesmjj » Fri May 21, 2010 5:46 pm

I don't know exactly how I feel about this.
Keeper Of MJ's eyes hands and fingers that r on them!

Myspace.Twitter.

Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning.

Yea and...Yea!

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 pm

[quote name="Saphster"]The media should be banned from the area.

Every person who wants to come close to Michael's grave should be checked for weapons, cameras, etc before they are let in.

Michael's grave... this is SO depressing. This whole thing is depressing.

I just want to be able to give him flowers one day and at least touch the grave. Can I just do that? Just put my hand on it? It will be the closest I will ever get to Michael. Couldn't be close to him when he was alive. Let me get close at least in death. I know fans don't have the right that family does but...we are like his family. We loved him like crazy and I always felt like he never received enough love...[/quote]

The best way to honour Michael Jackson's memory is to treat him in death the way he wanted to be treated in life. I think opening his resting place to fans one day a year, maybe before or after June 25th, would please him and the fans. MJ would have 364 days a year by himself, or visited by close friends and family. Remember this is a guy that loved his fans so much he held baby Blanket over a balcony, so that the fans could see his new baby, and he got into serious trouble for it. This is also the same person who was planning a come back tour for his children and his fans to see him perform one last time. Saphster, I don't think MJ would be upset by you touching his final resting place.

Keeping the media away should be easy enough, make it illegal. The FL mausoleum is not public property, and the resting place of Michael Jackson is most definetely private, you have to be given special permission to get near his final resting place. The Jackson family can have legal documents prohibiting the press, stating no pictures, or video taping, or entry and if they do they will be sued. I am sure Joe will have no problem enforcing the action. A good lawyer can make it iron clad. It would be illegal for the TMZs to be there; furthermore, take pictures. Anyone found in breach should be prosecuted, and the only time the press is allowed is with expressed permission from the Jackson's.
I will remember you.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sat May 22, 2010 9:54 pm

I agree Teva. But PLEASE don't say the word crypt anymore. I don't know why but I shudder at the word and feel like Michael would have shuddered even more at it as well.

[quote name="Jeniffer30"]Pictures of Michael's resting place have already been leaked to the media. Since that has already happened I don't see the issue. As far as Michael was concerned his fans were family to him. He's said it enough times. I think that if they did something along the lines of what they did for the memorial it would control the amount of people that would be able to come to Forest Lawn. I think Michael's fans should be able to visit his actual resting place. My only worry is someone defacing or disrespecting Michael. Security would have to be very tight.[/quote]

Yeah....and who were those pictures leaked by? Not the media. Not a fan. KAREN FAYE. LOL. A 'friend' of Michael. Life is just so funny sometimes that it makes you want to slap certain people. Even though she probably meant no harm...it took many people aback and she did it without permission from the family. Which is not cool at all.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.