The Michael Jackson Vultures Circle June 25th for 1st Attack

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Teva

Post by Teva » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:04 pm

By Roger Friedman

The vultures around Michael Jackson have circled June 25th—the first anniversary of his death— for their first attacks.

That’s the day Ian Halperin, sleazy tabloid muckracker, airs his “Gone Too Soon” film on the TV Guide Network. Halperin has already feasted on Michael Jackson’s remains with a book last year. Now he comes with an editorial film in which he interviews the D list from the Jackson outer circle about their knowledge of Jackson’s life. It will be interesting to see how he handles not having Jackson’ s music in his film, let alone the people who really knew him. Expect much heavy weighing in from the illustrious Tohme R. Tohme.

Even better: June 25th is also launch date for a, ahem, book by Leonard Rowe, erstwhile concert promoter. Rowe was in cahoots with Joseph Jackson before Michael died to try and wrest control of the London “This Is It” concerts from AEG Live. Rowe and Jackson actually called this reporter a few weeks prior to Michael’s passing, thinking they could enlist my help in this effort. I essentially hung up on them. For a short time, Rowe wormed his way into Michael’s good graces before he was fired. Yes, Rowe was fired in writing by Michael Jackson. Now he wants to sell his side of the story.

The self published “What Really Happened to Michael Jackson, King of Pop” looks like it’s a hoot. On Rowe’s website he’s already given away the introduction. Rowe basically accuses AEG Live of killing Michael. My favorite of his assertions is that “not many people knew that Michael owned 50% of Sony’s entire catalog.” Uh, Leonard, I don’t think there’s a Sherpa in Nepal who doesn’t know that whole story. This is not exactly a revelation.

rowe writes: “I was also trying my best to fight what I perceived to be the evil that was surrounding him at that time.” He says: “In my opinion, AEG had a contract with Michael that was nothing less than a cocked financial gun pointed to his head. It is my belief that he was being totally exploited.”

Indeed, the only people who certainly intended to exploit Michael Jackson were Leonard Rowe and his partner, Joseph Jackson. These two have their own long history. Joe Jackson actually sued Rowe in the 80s over a Jacksons tour. Not only that, but Rowe is an ex-con. He also lost a lawsuit brought against him as a concert promoter by R. Kelly and was ordered to pay $3.4 million. He also had to pay NeYo $700,000.

In Rowe launched a lawsuit against the William Morris Agency, CAA and other group claiming racism as the reason he couldn’t promote more concerts. On December 30, 2005 ,after losing the case and appealing it, Rowe was finally crushed by a federal appeals court judge. A year earlier, another judge, finding for the defendants, wrote: “plaintiffs raised no genuine issue of material fact and that no rational trier of fact could find for plaintiffs on any of the myriad of claims made in this action.”

According to one report: “Rowe spent time in federal prison in the early 90’s for being convicted of wire fraud for his role in the cashing of a fraudulent insurance check. He has had multiple arrests for writing bad checks.”

Stay tuned because the lunacy has only just begun. There’s word that Brian Oxman, representing Joseph Jackson, wants to file a wrongful death suit against AEG Live. And he is going to accuse AEG of violating the Americans With Disabilities Act, saying that they knew he was a drug addict. To paraphrase Michael Jackson, “I got to be there” when these actions are filed, just to see the looks on the faces of the court clerks.

Oxman was disciplined by the California State Supreme Court last December, for the second time in a dozen years. He was fired by Tom Mesereau, Jackson’s criminal attorney, for among other things falling asleep in court during Jackson’s child molestation trial.

Here’s a story I wrote in 2005 about Oxman getting fired. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154573,00.html

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/06/11/th ... 1st-attack
I will remember you.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:29 pm

MAN I just don't know what to think anymore. It's all too freakin much to take! I feel like screaming.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:00 am

Roger Friedman is a complicated man. One minute he's anti-michael next minute he has these stories.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:12 am

[quote name="Mack Dogg"]Roger Friedman is a complicated man. One minute he's anti-michael next minute he has these stories.[/quote]
Typical band wagon jumper! Let's be nice to Michael now that he's no longer with us!

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 am

[quote name="Mack Dogg"]Roger Friedman is a complicated man. One minute he's anti-michael next minute he has these stories.[/quote]

Here is my take on RF, he swims with the current.

[quote name="Cristine87"]Typical band wagon jumper! Let's be nice to Michael now that he's no longer with us![/quote]

Yeah, but is the story truthful?
I will remember you.

Palmyra

Post by Palmyra » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:18 am

I am not going to read something by Friedman. I've been an MJ fan long enough to know Friedman's name.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:49 am

All I have to say is be prepared for the onslaught of stupid people weighing in on things that they know nothing about!
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:11 pm

[quote name="Jeniffer30"]All I have to say is be prepared for the onslaught of stupid people weighing in on things that they know nothing about![/quote]
Like my mama always say, "there's going to be some smoke in the city".

privacy

Post by privacy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 am

I've so had enough of this. Why not just.. get on with their own lives? This will never be over :(

And also.. Roger Friedman? Has he had some kind of personality transplant?
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

Pirate.

Post by Pirate. » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:30 pm

I will react to this the same way I react to everybody else's stories, who don't have any REAL importance or knowledge as far as Michael goes.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

DAMN.

Teva

Post by Teva » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Michael Jackson Documentary Makers Get Bad News: No Music Allowed
By: Roger Friedman in Celebrity // June 15th, 2010

It’s bad news for anyone who’s got the idea to make an unauthorized Michael Jackson documentary. There won’t be any music in it by Jackson.

Sony Music isn’t clearing any music rights for filmmakers who think they’ve got The Next Big Thing. That includes sleaze digger Ian Halperin, former Jackson partner Marc Schaffel, and Liza Minnelli’s ex husband, David Gest.

Halperin’s so called documentary, which he sold to the TV Guide Channel of all places (that’s where we all go for serious docs, isn’t it?), airs June 25th— the anniversary of Jackson’s death. But it will free of Michael Jackson’s music, thank you. And full of interviews with people who are on the outer circle of Jackson’s world.

Schaffel, despite a piece yesterday on The Wrap, didn’t actually make a documentary. He sold footage he’d had to a Japanese outfit. They put together a film, just for Japan, and narrated in Japanese. It will play in 200 theaters around Japan starting June 25th, again, without music.

And then there’s David Gest’s purported film. The word is that Gest’s effort is around four hours long and is mainly interviews with old movie stars—Gest’s forte—about Jackson. Gest may have footage from his old sketchy charity fundraisers at which Jackson occasionally appeared, plus footage from his own wedding to Liza Minnelli. Michael was the best man. It’s unclear if Minnelli would have any say in that footage. But again, no music.

There’s also a fourth film, called “The Untold Story of Neverland,” by Santa Barbara filmmaker Larry Nimmer. It was shown last February at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, but it didn’t get much attention. Nimmer makes courtroom films, and was given access to Neverland during Jackson’s 2005 child molestation trial. (Someone should tell The Wrap, by the way, that the trial was in 2005, not 2004. )
http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/06/15/mi ... ic-allowed
I will remember you.