June 25th, 2010

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

June 25th, 2010

Post by OneMoreChance » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:58 am

I figured today deserved it's own thread. I fell asleep at about 10 pm and just woke up. It's now June 25th. :bluecry I have felt ready to cry at a moments notice for the past several days! I feel exactly like I did on this day one year ago. I thought I was going to be ok. I thought that having someone in my life whom I love very much and who loves me back would make things easier, but so far it's not. I'm sure it will later today when I get to see him and he can hold me while I cry. I'm sure I will be on here on and off all day and I hope my awesome MJEOL family will be here too! We have to support each other on this day!

I will try to celebrate Michael's life today. He would not want us to mourn him. But it's hard not to.

So I will be wearing one my Michael t-shirt and my fedora today in honor of the most amazing man to ever grace this planet!
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

oldschoolfan

June 25th, 2010

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:34 am

I didn't think I'd care, and as of yet I haven't felt too bad, but I can feel something. My mamma sent me a message today telling me she hoped that I was okay because of the anniversary. I was kind of hoping I'd do something for the anniversary but it looks like it's just going to be any other day for me, so I might just try to avoid everything.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Daffodil-Dreams

June 25th, 2010

Post by Daffodil-Dreams » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:12 am

So far, I'm okay. I was upset a little bit earlier, but I think I'm okay now. I'm just going to watch his music videos, and other stuff people are showing about him today.

Marina

June 25th, 2010

Post by Marina » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 am

"Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the
unborn could do it no better."
(Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

The Music and the Dance died one year ago today. Michael Jackson, beloved father, brother, uncle and son.
If there's anyone in the annals of time who fulfilled that quote verbatim, not only by the example of his life,
but by his life's work, it's Michael Joseph Jackson. Michael, you are missed so, so, so very much!
I love you forever! Rest in eternal peace.

Ben

June 25th, 2010

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 am

June 25th is a day I remember too clearly, it started off with me feel very excited about Michael coming to London. And ended with me finding out Michael had died, which left me stunned and dazed, and unable to sleep for 24hrs. It's not a date I liking seeing or hearing. I was upset when Michael died, but felt even more upset around the end of 2009 because of the time that had passed with Michael no longer with us.

In some ways we may get more Michael Jackson than ever via new album and DVD releases. But a 50% of being a fan for me was that I would get to see Michael whenever he came to London. No music release of Michael Jackson will ever be the same, and I will never get use to reading or hearing about Michael as someone from the past. Because even a year later Michael is still someone of the present to me.

I'm not really using today to mourn the loss of Michael's life, or celebrate his life. I'm not listening to much or his music or watching DVD's etc of him, because I hate the acknowledge this date and that he's no longer alive. Because what happened last year is horrible, and we still have no idea what happened with Dr Murray. I will celebrate Michael's life on his birthday. When Michael's death isn't still raw for me than acknowledge this date.

I like to think Michael is away somewhere and still alive but in a very deep sleep, and that someone is working on some kind of magic to wake Michael up. Through the memories I have of seeing Michael close up both on and off stage, I can feel his aura and energy whenever I listen to his music or watch DVD's etc of Michael.

The day Michael died, the magic and excitement that existed in this world was gone because Michael was the source of that.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

June 25th, 2010

Post by OneMoreChance » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 pm

[quote name="Ben"]June 25th is a day I remember too clearly, it started off with me feel very excited about Michael coming to London. And ended with me finding out Michael had died, which left me stunned and dazed, and unable to sleep for 24hrs. It's not a date I liking seeing or hearing. I was upset when Michael died, but felt even more upset around the end of 2009 because of the time that had passed with Michael no longer with us.

In some ways we may get more Michael Jackson than ever via new album and DVD releases. But a 50% of being a fan for me was that I would get to see Michael whenever he came to London. No music release of Michael Jackson will ever be the same, and I will never get use to reading or hearing about Michael as someone from the past. Because even a year later Michael is still someone of the present to me.

I'm not really using today to mourn the loss of Michael's life, or celebrate his life. I'm not listening to much or his music or watching DVD's etc of him, because I hate the acknowledge this date and that he's no longer alive. Because what happened last year is horrible, and we still have no idea what happened with Dr Murray. I will celebrate Michael's life on his birthday. When Michael's death isn't still raw for me than acknowledge this date.

I like to think Michael is away somewhere and still alive but in a very deep sleep, and that someone is working on some kind of magic to wake Michael up. Through the memories I have of seeing Michael close up both on and off stage, I can feel his aura and energy whenever I listen to his music or watch DVD's etc of Michael.

The day Michael died, the magic and excitement that existed in this world was gone because Michael was the source of that.[/quote]

:bluecry Oh Ben!
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

sunshine.larrazabal

June 25th, 2010

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Oh, Ben... :crying it still hurts! Why is that???? Why does it still hurts when in fact it's been a year now since he left us all??? :crying :crying :crying :crying I have cried 4 times since 3 days ago and it still hurts! I remembered exactly what happened with me around this time and it seemed it's hard to forget! :crying IF ONLY WE COULD TURN BACK THE TIME..... Missing you forever Michael....

xenedra

June 25th, 2010

Post by xenedra » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Last year, I was in a bit of shock and denial about it. I couldn't cry. I watched the coverage non stop, I dove head first into all his music all over again...I made public displays of affection for him this last year, and I've upped the anty by flaunting my fandom on my sleeve ever since in order to honor him....but still no tears. I would feel sad, but that's it...until last night. I flipping lost it. it's been hitting me in increments all week...but it was like, until that year mark passed, I could pretend it wasnt real.

Sooo.... WHOMP. I was unconsolable. i must have looked a mess, because even my teenage son was concerned. feh. I felt grief unlike anythng I'd ever felt in all my life. MJ has been my hero all my life...and in many ways, he saved me when times were very bad. It was difficult for me to feel this way, because I'm not usually a negative person. But, maybe I just needed to finally cry it out? you know? My daughter got into some hysterics about it too...but she's 9. She'll be ok. heh I'm doing really good now. It's like, MJ said, hey...it's ok you can move on now.

I even momentarily thought of killing off my fanfic. lol I was that upset.
\\\"If they say why, why? Tell \\\'em that its human nature

Why, why does he do me that way?

I like livin\\\' this way, I like lovin\\\' this way...\\\"

Drawn by me. Fan since my first pair of glitter socks in \\\'82. -Xenedra

xenedra

June 25th, 2010

Post by xenedra » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:07 pm

[quote name="Ben"]The day Michael died, the magic and excitement that existed in this world was gone because Michael was the source of that.[/quote]

That's exactly how I felt about it last night. I told my son, "The reason it is so sad, is because without Michael, there is no more magic left..."

We were only gifted with his presence here for so long, and now without him, we are left in the booming echo of his wake.

Both of my heroes are dead now. Diana, and Michael. *shrug* Dunno if they make humans special like that anymore. I doubt it.
\\\"If they say why, why? Tell \\\'em that its human nature

Why, why does he do me that way?

I like livin\\\' this way, I like lovin\\\' this way...\\\"

Drawn by me. Fan since my first pair of glitter socks in \\\'82. -Xenedra

R e a f u

June 25th, 2010

Post by R e a f u » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 pm

I don't know about you guys(and gals) but it feels like something is missing now. I've heard and read people say that something magical left with him and I really do feel it. To me, someone like Michael was a once in a lifetime thing and it will not be until my later years perhaps before I see another entertainer of his level or persona, not to put down the people in the biz today but really...can you say there's anyone left who is quite like Michael? I miss him and feel a certain emptiness inside...I'd love to know how this is supposed to get any easier.

LittleSusie50

June 25th, 2010

Post by LittleSusie50 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Didn't sleep a wink last night, as I suspected I wouldn't.
I still can't believe it.
Watching snippets of so many different shows, especially CNN. They have live coverage of Forest Lawn, with the
fans and Michael's family coming to pay tribute. Some of the fans were too choked up to talk to Don Lemon.
Saw Tito, Janet, and Randy. Tito stopped to hug a fan who was really upset.
Debbie Rowe in Tokyo.
Pictures of the kids in Maui playing in pool and waterslides. Prince had a very large patch of vitiligo under his arm pit. Blanket and Paris looked well.
Katharine in Gary at the newly remodeled Jackson home, large tribute plaque/monument unveiled today.
Joe Jackson filed civil suit today against Murray for wrongful death and giving false information to the paramedics
and hospital regarding the drugs he gave MJ, said the paramedics could have preceded differently had they know.
I guess Joe finally did something right huh? Today was the last day to file the civil suit.
Seen a lot of interesting videos and footage today. Makes me happy and sad, because this didn't need to happen.
I know its not my place to question God's plans, but this cuts me too deeply.
I thought time would make this easier, but I was sooooooo wrong. I'm trying to be strong though.
There will be some interesting programming tonight on Dateline, 20/20, and CNN with Don Lemon and Larry King.
I'm gonna try my best to watch, but not without my towel. Tissue just doesn't help any more.
I'm most intrigued ny the interview on 20/20 with Michael Bush, Karen Faye, and another gentleman I couldn't
identify right away. Michael Bush's comments peaked my interest, but I will not repeat them here out of
respect for all MJEOL members. Its your choice as to whether or not you want to hear them.
Well, I'm gone for now. I may be back later to chit chat. I'll be so glad when this day is over.
I still love and miss Michael terribly, but this day just cuts me to the core.
Later,
Susie
:pacify :tvhorror :crying :mjeol2 :respect :shutup

When I'm good I'm bad, and when I'm bad, I'm better...

Cristine87

June 25th, 2010

Post by Cristine87 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Takes a deep breath! God, where do I begin! It's been hard for me to sleep all week, I feel like a zombie, I'm depressed and I'm trying my very hardest to exist in a world without Michael. I'm grateful for this site because I couldn't express this anywhere else, people would think I was a wack job. I can say with complete certainty that Michael Jackson was the love of my life. I've always loved him and always will. He was magic, he was hope, he was the light. I will never be okay with him being gone. I cannot watch his videos or listen to his music with the same joy and excitement I once did because this sadness comes over me and I just don't want him to be gone. I never expected him to go so young. I'm sad because of what he had to go through. People trashed him so much and said these horrible things about him and I know he could never be at peace here with us with so much belittlement. Michael, words cannot express how much I love and miss you. Hopefully, I'll see you again one day! :crying

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

June 25th, 2010

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:55 pm

I've had a lump in my throat, all day long. Still so hard to believe, even a whole year later. :crying

Much love and peace to you, Michael Jackson, now and always. Thank you for your inspiration, the laughter, good times, happy and exciting memories and all the friends I've made and continue to make through your wonderful influence and inspiration. But most of all, thank you for the L.O.V.E :wub I'll miss and love you always!
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

Jackson829

June 25th, 2010

Post by Jackson829 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 pm

I've dreaded this day. It still blows my mind that it's already been a year. It seems like only two days ago I woke up feeling completely emotionally numb. I couldn't eat and going to sleep was so hard I had to take a sleeping pill for a few nights. And I was consistently sick after his passing. I was a wreck. I had cried hard when Michael passed away and I cried every night for more than a month. Even now I can think back to that day and remember the moment I found out. It was the worst night of my life. Today I decided to keep it as solemn as possible. I put on some soundscape music and listened to it all morning. I walk to work and I usually listened to my ipod but I decided against it. All I wanted was silence and/or the sounds of nature. I wanted complete solitude. I was worried that at work my co-workers would talk about it. THANK GOD they didn't. I walked back home feeling a little bit more melancholy.

Looking back of that year a lot of things happened. After his death, going through my whole MJ music inventory and music videos and such I decided to get detached from him for awhile so that I can put my life back together. Michael has always been in my thoughts but I think I wanted to concentrate on specific goals that I had put on myself. But today I don't know how to tribute to Michael. I think its still too raw for me to really fully tribute him. His birthday is more of a celebration than anything. Maybe in 5-10 years it won't be as bad and I can really do a proper tribute but right now its too soon and it hurts too much to really want to do anything.

I'm not gonna watch too many tribute TV specials, documentaries, and news programs about him. I've seen enough. I think over the course of the year since his passing I've realized something. Now, for as long as it takes I want justice for MJ's death. His children will always be in my thoughts. My point is.......I shouldn't even pay attention to what the media makes of Michael or the tributes or the specials or people's opinions about him. What really should matter when it comes to Michael is what he has done for me. As a person, a music lover, a visual artist. What Michael and I have in common. Our love for the arts. Our similar personalities. Our love for music and our concern for the planet. What he has given me. What he has done for me. What he will continue to be for me. A continuing source of inspiration and strength. A man who touched me like nobody ever has or ever will. What he means to me and how his teachings will continue to guide me. That's what matters to me.

I miss him terribly :crying Michael, may your soul finally be at peace. I love you<3

Juniorlady

June 25th, 2010

Post by Juniorlady » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Last year, I thought this day was just going to be an ordinary day until I heard the news on CNN. I can still remember what I had for dinner that day and where I was sitting. I'm surprised that I was able to finish my dinner. After that, I was watching the coverage with a very numb feeling. I don't think I moved from my bed throughout the rest of that evening. I kept thinking over and over, "Is this really true? Was this another sick rumor?" Like everybody else, I wanted to know what happened and why. The next day, I woke up with an even more number feeling realizing what just happened. My family would ask me how I was doing, since they knew I was a big fan of Michael. I thought I was done with crying, but I cried again after hearing Janet on the BET awards. Throughout the year, I was back to my usual self, but there were still times when I would get so sad. Last night, I couldn't sleep; so I turned on my MP3 player and listened to his songs until I feel asleep. This morning, I went to my summer class wearing my MJ t-shirt. During the trip from campus to home, I blasted my Thriller 25 CD with my windows down. So far, I've been watching most of the tributes and specials. It still hurts when I think about it, so I try to keep my mind occupied with positive stuff like his smile, his laugh, his heart, and his music. This board even comforted me knowing I always have someone to talk to. I cried a little bit a few minutes ago, and there's still a possibility that I might cry again. But I'm gonna try remain positive; no use moping around. Knowing that's he finally has the peace he wanted makes me feel better.

Michael, if I ever had the chance to met you, I would have hug you and tell you how much I love you only to hear you say "I love you more". Always remember that we don't just miss your voice, we miss you. Even when I'm old as dirt, I'll still love you.