MJ Tomb -- Defaced with Hidden Messages

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am

TMZ has learned Michael Jackson's tomb has been defaced by a stealth band
of vandals -- who have marked the walls of MJ's mausoleum with hidden messages ... and it's all in permanent ink.

Security at Forest Lawn in Glendale, CA is on the lookout for "fans" who have been writing messages in hard-to-spot places outside the main window of the building in which MJ is entombed.

The writing is mostly hidden underneath ledges -- or in spots covered by bushes -- and contains messages like, "Miss you" and "Keep the dream alive."

Reps at Forest Lawn are pretty ticked off -- telling TMZ, "Activity such as this, is a prime example why we are evaluating the level of access to the various entrances of the Great Mausoleum."

Forest Lawn also tells us that anyone caught vandalizing the cemetery will be banned for life.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/12/michael-j ... -cemetery/

This is the type of sh*t I was worried about! All it takes is a few disrespectful people who can't control themselves to ruin it for everyone else. Grow the f*ck up people!
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Hmm... I don't feel upset about it. It's not like anything stupid or cruel is being written. I wonder how Michael would feel if he knew fans were writing things like, "Keep the dream alive," or "I miss you," on his tomb. I don't think he'd be upset about it. Maybe his family would be upset about it for marking it with permanent ink.

But the bad thing about this now is that all fans will be on watch.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm

When I first saw this headline on google, I was horrified because I thought some @sshole wrote something stupid, but this doesn't really bother me!

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm not bothered by what they wrote. I'm bothered because people should know better. It's stuff like this that will get MJ fans banned from FL. People need to learn to control themselves. To me it's just disrespectful. Michael is not the only one buried there.

Palmyra

Post by Palmyra » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I am not going to believe this until I see something from a more credible source.

If this proved to be true, I would be very angry. Feel free to vandalize your neighborhood store or something, but this is a resting place, for the love of God. It's sick to do something like that. That's just crazy and disrespectful. It doesn't matter what the messages say and whether or not they're positive. Positive or negative, it's extremely disrespectful.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 pm

[quote name="Palmyra"]I am not going to believe this until I see something from a more credible source.

If this proved to be true, I would be very angry. Feel free to vandalize your neighborhood store or something, but this is a resting place, for the love of God. It's sick to do something like that. That's just crazy and disrespectful. It doesn't matter what the messages say and whether or not they're positive. Positive or negative, it's extremely disrespectful.[/quote]

It's been picked up by more then just TMZ. TMZ just had the best pictures of the grafitti. Unfortunately, while TMZ may be a tabloid they seem to be the first to report on a lot of things.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 am

'Stealth band of vandals' I had to admit that I rolled my eyes at that.

I do agree with Palmyra, nevertheless. I'm finding it real hard to defend something like this anyway you wanna look at it; This is sacred property--even IF the places were so called "hidden" from public view. (Which begs the question, how the heck did TMZ discover this? Calling the vandalism 'hard to find' means in tabloid translation that someone already knew where to look. Who took the pictures, who passed them along to TMZ, those are the questions that need answering. Makes me wonder if this was set up all along for TMZ. This is their kind of scoop, afterall.)

At any rate, this is not a good look. Wrong is wrong. If someone with malice in their hearts got away with leaving their mark, the whole fan stratosphere would pop a collective vein. Someone please explain to me what would possess someone to take a sharpie to someone else's property--at a cemetary no less?

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 am

double post.

uranusbluedanger1

Post by uranusbluedanger1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 am

[quote name="HeavenSent"]'Stealth band of vandals' I had to admit that I rolled my eyes at that.

I do agree with Palmyra, nevertheless. I'm finding it real hard to defend something like this anyway you wanna look at it; This is sacred property--even IF the places were so called "hidden" from public view. (Which begs the question, how the heck did TMZ discover this? Calling the vandalism 'hard to find' means in tabloid translation that someone already knew where to look. Who took the pictures, who passed them along to TMZ, those are the questions that need answering. Makes me wonder if this was set up all along for TMZ. This is their kind of scoop, afterall.)

At any rate, this is not a good look. Wrong is wrong. If someone with malice in their hearts got away with leaving their mark, the whole fan stratosphere would pop a collective vein. Someone please explain to me what would possess someone to take a sharpie to someone else's property--at a cemetary no less?[/quote]

I agree 100% with you, HeavenSent...

This is incredibly sad. Regardless of what the comments say because it is insensitive to deface someone's resting place, and someone else's property. (Would Michael Jackson be happy that fans are writing on his grave? I don't really know, but I feel like most people would want a certain level of respect for their resting place, and while love messages on cards, and letters, and physical presence, and flowers are beautiful things, there is a difference between giving a message and defacing property.) The 'stealth band of vandals' was a bit too much, but vandalism is vandalism anyway you spin it, and regardless of how positive the messages are, the truth of the matter is that Michael Jackson's resting place is not for anyone to deface with a sharpie... it shows a deep lack of respect for the family and FL, if not for the man himself, and is essentially saying, "yeah, thanks for opening your doors to us.. but we don't really give a shit about how you might feel. I'm too busy thinking only about how I feel, and right now I feel like writing on sharpie like a five year old on the walls...." People need to start assimilating that it is a gravesite. It is not a tourist site, and it demands a certain level of respect. And while it might be open to fans and the public, it is essentially the property of private entities such as the family, and it is rude to grab a sharpie and write on the walls or wherever else without thinking (the fact that a tabloid could get pictures so easily makes me think that it is not as hard to see and these messages are probably visible with just a little bit observation, which is why FL is probably really mad....) that maybe his kids or his mother might not see it as a message of love, but as a person ruining a place that is supposed to be a shelter for grieving and remembrance of a person they loved and knew on a way more personal level than the majority of people visiting and trying, by writing on walls, to claim what does not belong to them.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:22 am

I really don't want The Great Mausoleum to look like this:

This is Jim Morrison's grave.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:58 am

That pic makes my skin crawl, it looks so filthy! But hey you never know..his estate may have been okay with it. To let it get to THAT, somebody in charge had to have been like, "rock on, dudes".

FL would not allow something to that extent, anyway. And like it's been said, I'm convinced that Michael would never advocate vandalism associated w/him, no matter the message. Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race applies to wandering sharpies too! hahaha.

By the way, good to see you ladies (and gents). :) I've been MIA lately because life has been crazy-busy, but it's always good to be around you all!

sunshine.larrazabal

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:18 pm

I totally agree with some of u guys. To show ur love and how u missed Mike is not thru this! You can write it on a sheet of paper, that wouldn't be hard, eh? I don't think Mike ever wrote something on the wall at Motown building when he was a kid..?! Anyway, u r right Carla and Jen--- that tomb of Jim looked unpleasant!

Hi to u Carla! :) Jen, u haven't respond to my message..!??? :( or u r just busy.. Belated happy Birthday!! :)

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Welcome back, Carla! I was wondering what happened to you!

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 pm

[quote name="HeavenSent"]That pic makes my skin crawl, it looks so filthy! But hey you never know..his estate may have been okay with it. To let it get to THAT, somebody in charge had to have been like, "rock on, dudes".

FL would not allow something to that extent, anyway. And like it's been said, I'm convinced that Michael would never advocate vandalism associated w/him, no matter the message. Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race applies to wandering sharpies too! hahaha.

By the way, good to see you ladies (and gents). :) I've been MIA lately because life has been crazy-busy, but it's always good to be around you all![/quote]

Good to see you Carla! I keep missing you in the Shoutbox!

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm not a fan of Jim Morrison, but what they did to his resting place is disrespectful. If these messages were "hard-to-find", how did TMZ find them? The messages don't bother me too much, but a simple card or flower will do, but they used a sharpie(real cute :hitting ). I hope this action doesn't ban every fan out there. Btw, Carla, where you've been? I miss you! :biggrin