Michael's Name Was Uncovered From Gardner School Auditorium Today

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Here is the official statement from Katherine Jackson:

"After a number of heartfelt conversations between me, my grandson Taj, family friend Jodi Gomes, and LAUSD, I am overwhelmed that the school will proudly bear my son’s name on its auditorium once again. This could not have been done without the tireless dedication of my son’s fans and specifically the... wonderful members of the “Uncover Michael Jackson’s Name Campaign”. I look forward to my joint statement with the school in the coming days and thank you from my heart. Michael would be proud." — Katherine Jackson

MICHAEL JACKSON’S NAME ON DISPLAY AGAIN AT GARDNER SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
Elementary School’s Most Famous Alum Recognized for His Musical Legacy

Los Angeles–The silver, foot-high letters gleam once again, proclaiming The Michael Jackson Auditorium at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood. It is the last public school attended by Jackson–then an 11-year-old sixth grader – who was the lead in a singing group with his brothers. Three months after school started, Motown released their debut album “Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5.” And, the young entertainer was on his way to becoming an international star.

“It’s important for the District to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson,” said Los Angeles School Board member Steven Zimmer. I’m happy that we will be recognizing and appreciating Michael’s LAUSD moment.”

The sign was originally unveiled at the then newly-refurbished auditorium in 1989. However, when the King of Pop was charged with child ******ation, the sign was covered with layered board. For the record, the entertainer was never convicted. After his death last year fans began a campaign to have his name revealed.

At the direction of Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Ramon C. Cortines, the tribute was uncovered today.

“In recognition of Michael Jackson’s musical legacy and contribution to modern culture I have directed our maintenance and operations department to remove the layered board covering the tribute to Mr. Jackson at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood,” said LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines.
Last edited by MJfan01' on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:46 am

Yay!!! And it's about damn time. Better yet, they should have uncover his name 5 years ago on June 13.
Last edited by Juniorlady on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 am

Finally! It's about frigging time! :D

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:04 pm

[quote="armcjackson"]
Finally! It's about frigging time! :D
[/quote]

"frigging" - Such language. Aren't you 12?
I will remember you.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Restoration of pop singer Michael Jackson's name over a Los Angeles school auditorium is a "slap in the face" to children who've been subjected to pedophilia, said a spokesman for Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

Gardner Street Elementary

7450 Hawthorn Ave., Los Angeles, 90046
Public school in the Los Angeles Unified district.
Grades K-6
448 students
21 faculty members

More »Source: California Department of Education
Sandra Poindexter, Ben Welsh Los Angeles TimesThe Los Angeles Unified School District's decision to uncover Jackson's name after it had been boarded over for seven years didn't take into account the "cultural perception" that Jackson had issues with kids, said Joelle Casteix, a SNAP spokeswoman.

"It's grossly disappointing," Casteix said Monday. "Although he was never convicted there was a huge secret settlement with at least one alleged victim,'' she said, referring to a 1993 civil lawsuit alleging child abuse that ended with a closed-door payout.

"With all the brave and courageous people LAUSD could honor, it's a shame they chose to honor him again," she added.

District officials on Friday uncovered Jackson's name at Gardner Street Elementary School, saying the deceased entertainer had been acquitted of separate criminal charges alleging child abuse in 2005. Fans had petitioned the district to uncover Jackson's name.

School officials said they had no problem with the decision.
"No one is upset,'' said PTA President Marielena Armagnac. "All of the kids love his music."

Jackson briefly attended Gardner in 1969 as an 11-year-old on the brink of superstardom. He attended the auditorium's dedication in his name in 1989.

-- Catherine Saillant

la times
:censored :hitting :ranting

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:03 am

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:31 am

[quote="MJfan01'"]
Restoration of pop singer Michael Jackson's name over a Los Angeles school auditorium is a "slap in the face" to children who've been subjected to pedophilia, said a spokesman for Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

Gardner Street Elementary

7450 Hawthorn Ave., Los Angeles, 90046
Public school in the Los Angeles Unified district.
Grades K-6
448 students
21 faculty members

More »Source: California Department of Education
Sandra Poindexter, Ben Welsh Los Angeles TimesThe Los Angeles Unified School District's decision to uncover Jackson's name after it had been boarded over for seven years didn't take into account the "cultural perception" that Jackson had issues with kids, said Joelle Casteix, a SNAP spokeswoman.

"It's grossly disappointing," Casteix said Monday. "Although he was never convicted there was a huge secret settlement with at least one alleged victim,'' she said, referring to a 1993 civil lawsuit alleging child abuse that ended with a closed-door payout.

"With all the brave and courageous people LAUSD could honor, it's a shame they chose to honor him again," she added.

District officials on Friday uncovered Jackson's name at Gardner Street Elementary School, saying the deceased entertainer had been acquitted of separate criminal charges alleging child abuse in 2005. Fans had petitioned the district to uncover Jackson's name.

School officials said they had no problem with the decision.
"No one is upset,'' said PTA President Marielena Armagnac. "All of the kids love his music."

Jackson briefly attended Gardner in 1969 as an 11-year-old on the brink of superstardom. He attended the auditorium's dedication in his name in 1989.

-- Catherine Saillant

la times
:censored :hitting :ranting
[/quote]

How is it a huge secret when the whole world knows about it?
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

justice

Post by justice » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 pm

[quote="Juniorlady"]
Yay!!! And it's about damn time. Better yet, they should have uncover his name 5 years ago on June 13.
[/quote]

Amen!

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm

WOO HOO!!!! FINALLY! Sure IS about time!! *Victory!*
:boxing
And pertaining to the SNAP's unfortunate statement of Michael: in the uncharacteristic words of my very soft-spoken mother,

"ENOUGH of this CRAP already." :poop

Now. Let's get back to celebrating! :giddy
*MJFan01', good on ya girl! Always posting good bulletins!
Such great pictures!
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€