Behind The Mask

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Ben

Behind The Mask

Post by Ben » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:09 pm

I've just heard the full version of Behind The Mask.

Behind The Mask is the unreleased song of Michael's I've wanted to hear the most for years.

I am disappointed John McClain has chosen to add a 2010 instrumental with digital sounding beats to Behind The Mask. This 2010 version sounds really good, and I do like it. But it does sound like a remix and not cohesive or like a real Michael Jackson songs.

I don't think the instrumental composition of the song is fully in sync with Michael vocals. The sax at the beginning and middle of the song don't sound a cohesive part of the song, neither do the screams of fans. I think strong synth sound would have been far better intro and middle of the song than the sax.

It's Michael's vocals on this 2010 remix (of what I say is still an unreleased song, because it's not the original 1982 version) of Behind The Mask that make me want to listen to the song again and again. Michael's vocals are awesome, and razor sharp.

What ever Michael's original 1982 version of Behind The Mask sounded like, John McClain should have stuck to it. I presume the instrumental of Michael's original sounded very strong like Greg Phillinganes 1984 version.

I just hope some fan takes Michael's vocals and puts it on the instrumental of Greg Phillinganes version. Because that will be near to the original Michael would have made.
Last edited by Ben on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

armcjackson

Behind The Mask

Post by armcjackson » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Has been put it on youtube or something? I want to hear it (:

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

sunshine.larrazabal

Behind The Mask

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 pm

BEHIND THE MASK is my all-time favorite song now!!! YESSSSS!!!! Thank you Michael! <3I miss you, Ben! :) Did u post the pics of ur OPUS?? Joke! That was a looooong time ago, it's okay! hehe.. :D