Where is Everyone?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Where is Everyone?

Post by MJfan01' » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:42 pm

[quote="OneMoreChance"]
I'm not really sure what to say guys. I think we lost a lot of members last year when MJEOL was having so many technichal issues. Then when the board was finally back up so many people couldn't log in anymore and I think that they just gave up. MJEOL was my first Michael internet home. Before he passed I didn't really feel the need to connect with the fan world, but after that MJEOL became my home.

I'm worried, whisper has not logged on in 3 months and I'm not sure what's going to happen to MJEOL. I would hate to see MJEOL fade away. I knda gave up on posting here because for while I was almost the only one posting and hardly anyone replied. So I just kinda stopped.

At this point there is now way to know what's going to happen with this site unless we hear from whisper, but seeing that is has been so long since she has been here it seems less and less likely.

I would hate to see the members here lose touch with one another. I have started my own forum and urge everyone to join (even as just a precaution in case MJEOL does in fact cease to exist at some point). That way in case the worst happens everyone can still have a place to interact.

Here's the link: http://mj-overload.com/index.php
[/quote]
I know for me it was hell to get my user name back. It was really confusing.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Where is Everyone?

Post by OneMoreChance » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 pm

[quote="armcjackson"]
Yes, I joined back in umm, October or November for those reasons. Doesn't whisper have a myspace or something, (unless she hasn't been on that)? I thought she did.
[/quote]

She doesn't have a links to anything posted in her profile so I have no idea.[quote="MJfan01'"]
I know for me it was hell to get my user name back. It was really confusing.
[/quote]

It was for a lot of people and I think a bunch of people had no way to contact anyone to find out how to fix it. It was easy for me all I had to do was log on and change my password.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

armcjackson

Where is Everyone?

Post by armcjackson » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 pm

[quote="OneMoreChance"]
She doesn't have a links to anything posted in her profile so I have no idea.
[/quote]

I see, I just visited her profile.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

candles

Where is Everyone?

Post by candles » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:51 pm

i know i'm also worried about whisper. when the owner of the site hasnt signed on in 3 months you know something is wrong. but maybe since the members kept reducing maybe she thought no one cared anymore.

i dont wanna lose this site. i wouldnt have healed from his death if it werent for it

sunshine.larrazabal

Where is Everyone?

Post by sunshine.larrazabal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 am

Hello guys! I miss you all! By the way, I was saying about me being more active on Twitter and facebook but I forgot to write my username-- I can only give the one on twitter UNLESS you can search me or add me on fb, hehehe... Follow me @venussunshine, just lemme know u r from mjeol so I can follow u back! :) Thanks!

When I think of the fan sites I am a member of when Michael was still alive, feels bittersweet, I wish I could turn back the time, *sigh* Yes, we still miss him, I still terribly miss him.. :( Why is it still hard I can't even explain, I just get confused thinking as to why so I just let it be--- I really miss you, Michael.. :(

I love to check those posts we have had RE: the London concert tickets.. A lot of us were so excited that we finally purchased it! :') *sigh* I miss those times..

Anyway, we have to pray that the Judge will see the truth so we get the justice we want and need for Michael.

Take care guys and God bless us all! <3
Last edited by sunshine.larrazabal on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Where is Everyone?

Post by OneMoreChance » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 pm

[quote="SomedayMaybe"]
i know i'm also worried about whisper. when the owner of the site hasnt signed on in 3 months you know something is wrong. but maybe since the members kept reducing maybe she thought no one cared anymore.

i dont wanna lose this site. i wouldnt have healed from his death if it werent for it
[/quote]

If she thought no one cared anymore then I don't think she would have put the time, effort and money into getting the site back up and running again after all the tech issues we had when we were using free forum software. whisper got the new IPBoard software and spent a lot of time getting everything back up and running in Aug of last year. Do all of that just to abandon it a few months later. It just doesn't make sense.....
Last edited by OneMoreChance on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armcjackson

Where is Everyone?

Post by armcjackson » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:56 pm

[quote="OneMoreChance"]
If she thought no one cared anymore then I don't think she would have put the time, effort and money into getting the site back up and running again after all the tech issues we had when we were using free forum software. whisper got the new IPBoard software and spent a lot of time getting everything back up and running in Aug of last year. Do all of that just to abandon it a few months later. It just doesn't make sense.....
[/quote]

Mhm, I don't think understand why she'd just abandon it. That's why I'm hoping nothing has happened to her, or anything involving her, (family, etc).

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

R e a f u

Where is Everyone?

Post by R e a f u » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 am

Like sunshine I keep in touch with a couple of people via twitter or facebook. I'm pretty sure they haven't disappeared completely but maybe they're taking a "break" from Michael and stuff, especially with the upcoming trial. I know for some the idea of reliving the events of 6/25/09 is not a pleasant thing and for some, having to relive that day may be a little too much. It's funny, I just signed on to pm a few of the people mentioned here...and to check on my fic ;D!

Saphster

Where is Everyone?

Post by Saphster » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:25 am

3 months?! That's not good. I didn't realize she's been gone that long. MJEOL is still up and running though. Maybe she is just watching from a distance? But that doesn't make sense...she would have to log in right? I hope she does not just throw in the towel like that. She knows a lot of people will be upset if MJEOL shuts down. I'm one of them! People still donate to the site as well. Like Jenn said why spend all that time and money to just abandon it? All the effort and care she put into MJEOL all these years just to leave it all behind?? This isn't right and I'm getting a little mad about it actually. One of the reasons I stopped posting as much was because I saw that Whisper and a lot of other members stopped posting and like Jenn I felt ignored so I left.
Last edited by Saphster on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

armcjackson

Where is Everyone?

Post by armcjackson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:39 am

[quote="Saphster"]
3 months?! That's not good. I didn't realize she's been gone that long. MJEOL is still up and running though. Maybe she is just watching from a distance? But that doesn't make sense...she would have to log in right? I hope she does not just throw in the towel like that. She knows a lot of people will be upset if MJEOL shuts down. I'm one of them! People still donate to the site as well. Like Jenn said why spend all that time and money to just abandon it? All the effort and care she put into MJEOL all these years just to leave it all behind?? This isn't right and I'm getting a little mad about it actually. One of the reasons I stopped posting as much was because I saw that Whisper and a lot of other members stopped posting and like Jenn I felt ignored so I left.
[/quote]

I know, it's quite frustrating. I for one, would be sooo upset if MJEOL was shut down. Yea, a lot of members left because of the "break down" last August though, (or whenever it was).

updated march 28 2011.

Teva

Where is Everyone?

Post by Teva » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi all,

There are six degrees of separation so someone must known someone who knows Whisper. Should we do a Whisper outreach?
I will remember you.

blargle

Where is Everyone?

Post by blargle » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:08 pm

That's probably a good idea. If the board goes down she's the only one that can fix it,right?

armcjackson

Where is Everyone?

Post by armcjackson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:04 pm

[quote="blargle"]
That's probably a good idea. If the board goes down she's the only one that can fix it,right?
[/quote]

Right.

updated march 28 2011.

Teva

Where is Everyone?

Post by Teva » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:28 pm

So do any of you know someone who knows a friend of Whisper?

@Jen
As a moderator can you send a mass email to other members asking if anyone has heard Whisper? On second thought that might be tacky.
Last edited by Teva on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Where is Everyone?

Post by OneMoreChance » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm

[quote="Teva"]
So do any of you know someone who knows a friend of Whisper?

@Jen
As a moderator can you send a mass email to other members asking if anyone has heard Whisper? On second thought that might be tacky.
[/quote]

I posted an announcement asking anyone who has contact info to PM me.