Where is Whisper?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

candles

Where is Whisper?

Post by candles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 am

Does anyone know? It's kind of weird she hasn't logged in in so long.

sushigirl28

Where is Whisper?

Post by sushigirl28 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am

Yes, it seems that no one really knows or can get a hold of her.. Her whisperDispatch political blog site and corresponding Twitter account for it had stopped being updated around Nov. 2010... And as of now I've misplaced her info after so many years... I just hope that she is okay. :blush Thank goodness for OneMoreChance, that she's here moderating and doing a fine job. ;)
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

armcjackson

Where is Whisper?

Post by armcjackson » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:16 am

[quote="sushigirl28"]
Yes, it seems that no one really knows or can get a hold of her.. Her whisperDispatch political blog site and corresponding Twitter account for it had stopped being updated around Nov. 2010... And as of now I've misplaced her info after so many years... I just hope that she is okay. :blush Thank goodness for OneMoreChance, that she's here moderating and doing a fine job. ;)
[/quote]

Yes, onemorechance is doing a great job here (:

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Juniorlady

Where is Whisper?

Post by Juniorlady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:28 am

Maybe whisper's on some kind of hiatus and will probably be back. Btw, armcjackson, I love your sig.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Where is Whisper?

Post by OneMoreChance » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:20 pm

[quote="Juniorlady"]
Maybe whisper's on some kind of hiatus and will probably be back. Btw, armcjackson, I love your sig.
[/quote]

It's possible, but being the admin of this site means that she's they only one that can really do anything about any technical difficulties we might have. I think she would have mentioned it if she were planning on taking that long of a break. There's issues that people have had that I can't do anything about. I hope your right.

Thank you ladies for saying those nice things about me. Unfortunately there's only so much I can do.
Last edited by OneMoreChance on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

armcjackson

Where is Whisper?

Post by armcjackson » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 pm

[quote="Juniorlady"]
[/quote]

I hope.
And thanks. (:

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Teva

Where is Whisper?

Post by Teva » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Yeah what happened to Whisper. I missed her for a while as well. Anyone knows if she has a twitter account.
I will remember you.

candles

Where is Whisper?

Post by candles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 pm

there should be a 'back up plan' just in case the board gets messed up

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Where is Whisper?

Post by OneMoreChance » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

[quote="SomedayMaybe"]
there should be a 'back up plan' just in case the board gets messed up
[/quote]

I would have suggested that if I knew she was going to be gone for this long. I just can't see her making this decision and not saying anything. That's what worries me.

sushigirl28

Where is Whisper?

Post by sushigirl28 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 pm

SomedayMaybe, that would have been brilliant to have a backup plan in case of that situation... shucks..

You're welcome OneMoreChance. Thank goodness they're haven't been any big technical difficulties.

[quote="Teva"]
Yeah what happened to Whisper. I missed her for a while as well. Anyone knows if she has a twitter account.
[/quote]

As far as I know, there is whisperDispatch twitter account for her political blog twitter, although it was abandoned Nov. 2010,and then there is the MJEOL twitter account, last tweet Oct. 26th 2010
MJEOL Twitter . :consider
micha is the only twitter account that whisper was following on the MJEOL twitter account that belongs to a fellow fan and civilian. Not saying she might know or even remember whisper, but there could be a small chance that maybe she might've heard something from whisper before she disappeared? I know it's a very long shot, but that is all I can see right now. :mellow:

If something big and devastating were to happen to the board *knock on wood* before whisper returns, then we'll have to pick ourselves up from our bootsraps and come up with another successful solution for us that we'll all be happy with.. *IF that does happen. But let's not think like that yet. What we can do now is send good vibes and hope to whisper that she may be okay. :blush

:mjeol3

What about asking Trish? :welovetrish Whisper did make an icon for her... (And forgive me if she's not here, it's been so long since I last heard of her after my own hiatus..) *foggy memory*
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Where is Whisper?

Post by OneMoreChance » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:12 pm

[quote="sushigirl28"]
SomedayMaybe, that would have been brilliant to have a backup plan in case of that situation... shucks..

You're welcome OneMoreChance. Thank goodness they're haven't been any big technical difficulties.

As far as I know, there is whisperDispatch twitter account for her political blog twitter, although it was abandoned Nov. 2010,and then there is the MJEOL twitter account, last tweet Oct. 26th 2010
MJEOL Twitter . :consider
micha is the only twitter account that whisper was following on the MJEOL twitter account that belongs to a fellow fan and civilian. Not saying she might know or even remember whisper, but there could be a small chance that maybe she might've heard something from whisper before she disappeared? I know it's a very long shot, but that is all I can see right now. :mellow:

If something big and devastating were to happen to the board *knock on wood* before whisper returns, then we'll have to pick ourselves up from our bootsraps and come up with another successful solution for us that we'll all be happy with.. *IF that does happen. But let's not think like that yet. What we can do now is send good vibes and hope to whisper that she may be okay. :blush

:mjeol3

What about asking Trish? :welovetrish Whisper did make an icon for her... (And forgive me if she's not here, it's been so long since I last heard of her after my own hiatus..) *foggy memory*
[/quote]

It seems odd that both her political twitter account stopped being updated in Nov which is the same time that she stopped logging in here. I have no idea who Trish is. I have been here since 2009 and have no clue who she is so I am going to assume that it's been quite awhile since she was here.

Oldschooly

Where is Whisper?

Post by Oldschooly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am

Whisper may have (just one possible idea), have felt the site was going nowhere lately and forgotten/moved on from it, or taken a break from it like a lot of people have done. But there are a lot of things only she can do, like when the site changed and everyone had to re-join. I had to create a new email just to re-join, and I wanted to have my old profile back but after a few messages to whisper I gave up on any hope of that. There was always that great pointless feeling of having thousands of posts and being a silver/gold/platinum member, but that was lost with my old profile.
*cue violin music*

uranusbluedanger1

Where is Whisper?

Post by uranusbluedanger1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 am

I don't think she would move on from it, at least not without saying something and warning people that eventually the board will expire. It just doesn't seem like Whisper. MJEOL has always had its slow moments. Always. And she hasn't moved on. She's worked hard to keep this site up, even when it was getting too expensive. A hiatus? Why not. I know it might seem like a long hiatus, but, to be honest, when you're *really* busy and life just keeps coming at you, time runs FAST and before you know it MONTHS have passed. Just a thought from personal experience. Let's hope that it is just a hiatus and everything is fine with her.

Now, I've had issues with the site in the past where it's been down momentarily and it always returns, which might just mean that even if she's not signing in, she's at least keeping track of the board in some way or another. (Or it could be my internet?)

If anyone is worried about something happening to the board and losing contact with your favorite members, then maybe its time to acquire some e-mails, or phone numbers. (If you're a fanfic writer or have materials posted here, time to start saving!) =) I know some of the people that I interact with often already have a way to contact me.

In the meanwhile, Jen, girl, you're doing a fantastic job! *thumbs up*

blargle

Where is Whisper?

Post by blargle » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 pm

I can see her taking a hiatus, but it seems like bad behavior to not even let a mod know that's what she's doing.How long does it take to leave a quick pm saying that?

The fact that everything seems to be abandoned is kind of alarming I think.
Last edited by blargle on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armcjackson

Where is Whisper?

Post by armcjackson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:20 am

[quote="blargle"]
I can see her taking a hiatus, but it seems like bad behavior to not even let a mod know that's what she's doing.How long does it take to leave a quick pm saying that?

The fact that everything seems to be abandoned is kind of alarming I think.
[/quote]

I agree. It's quite, weird.

updated march 28 2011.