THIS IS IT for Grammys TONIGHT!!

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:10 am

[quote="sushigirl28"]
Absolutely! :D

But a bit of good news however! Michael and This Is It has won the Twitter Wall Grammy History Log Vote, with 328774 votes! At least our popular opinion vote will go down in history and prove who everyone wanted to win for 53rd 2011's! *Yay!* :announce :greenlaugh

Twitter Award Results

xo
[/quote]

Yes, popular vote goes does in history <3

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:21 am

I wasn't expecting it to win so I wasn't too let down. Bruno Mars has had a good year. I just hope Sony gets it together so Michael can be nominated next year and win... The promotion for MICHAEL has been dead in the United States. All there has been is the release of Hold my Hand video. I hope the next album doesn't have any drama and has stronger singles.. Okay, I'm done ranting now. :biggrin

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 pm

[quote="MJfan01'"]
I wasn't expecting it to win so I wasn't too let down. Bruno Mars has had a good year. I just hope Sony gets it together so Michael can be nominated next year and win... The promotion for MICHAEL has been dead in the United States. All there has been is the release of Hold my Hand video. I hope the next album doesn't have any drama and has stronger singles.. Okay, I'm done ranting now. :biggrin
[/quote]

Yeah, why was "Hold My Hand" the only single from "Michael"?
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Teva

Post by Teva » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:04 pm

[align=center]CONFIRMED: Hollywood Tonight — Second Single — Updated[/align]The second official single to be released in the UK from Michael Jackson’s album “Michael” has been confirmed as “Hollywood Tonight”.

Written by Michael during the time of the “Invincible” album, Michael pulled the track out of the archives in 2007 to work on the song with producer Ron “Neff-U” Feemster. The track was written by Michael Jackson (spoken bridge by Teddy Riley) and produced by Michael with Teddy Riley and co-production from Neff-U.

It follows lead single “Hold My Hand”, a duet with Akon, which gave Michael his 55th UK top 10 hit single – extending his run of UK top 10 hits to 40 years. It is the second single to be lifted from the album “Michael” which is the fastest selling new Michael Jackson studio album in the UK since 1991’s “Dangerous” and was certified platinum within one week of release.

UPDATE:

We can now confirm “Hollywood Tonight” will be released as the second single in Australia and Italy. “Behind The Mask” will be released as the second single in France.

http://home.mjnewsalerts.com/2011/01/25 ... nd-single/

I don't think they are focusing on the American market.
Last edited by Teva on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 pm

[quote="Teva"]
[align=center]CONFIRMED: Hollywood Tonight — Second Single — Updated[/align]The second official single to be released in the UK from Michael Jackson’s album “Michael” has been confirmed as “Hollywood Tonight”.

Written by Michael during the time of the “Invincible” album, Michael pulled the track out of the archives in 2007 to work on the song with producer Ron “Neff-U” Feemster. The track was written by Michael Jackson (spoken bridge by Teddy Riley) and produced by Michael with Teddy Riley and co-production from Neff-U.

It follows lead single “Hold My Hand”, a duet with Akon, which gave Michael his 55th UK top 10 hit single – extending his run of UK top 10 hits to 40 years. It is the second single to be lifted from the album “Michael” which is the fastest selling new Michael Jackson studio album in the UK since 1991’s “Dangerous” and was certified platinum within one week of release.

UPDATE:

We can now confirm “Hollywood Tonight” will be released as the second single in Australia and Italy. “Behind The Mask” will be released as the second single in France.

http://home.mjnewsalerts.com/2011/01/25 ... nd-single/

I don't think they are focusing on the American market.
[/quote]

Heck I have never even heard "Hold My Hand" on the radio here.

Teva

Post by Teva » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:59 pm

It's probabaly business and they think they can get better sales in the UK and to be honest they probaly could. Michael really concentrated more on the European market than the US.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56 am

[quote="Teva"]
It's probabaly business and they think they can get better sales in the UK and to be honest they probaly could. Michael really concentrated more on the European market than the US.
[/quote]

They probably could, but to not promote it AT ALL in the US seems very stupid......

Teva

Post by Teva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm

I agree. I was only guessing who knows why they don't promote it in the US. Maybe someone should ask.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm

[quote="Teva"]
I agree. I was only guessing who knows why they don't promote it in the US. Maybe someone should ask.
[/quote]

Ask who?....Sony?

Teva

Post by Teva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah! Good idea. Let's ask Sony.

Dear Sony,

Michael has made millions of dollars for you over the years. Please loosen your purse strings and spend a couple million on promoting "Michael" in the US. It is really a great album, and if it is promoted properly I am sure it could get some decent singles. I know the fans shout death to $ony, but no hard feelings.

Smooches,
Teva

What do you think, will it work?
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm

[quote="Teva"]

Dear Sony,

Michael has made millions of dollars for you over the years. Please loosen your purse strings and spend a couple million on promoting "Michael" in the US. It is really a great album, and if it is promoted properly I am sure it could get some decent singles. I know the fans shout death to $ony, but no hard feelings.

Smooches,
Teva

[/quote]

Bahahaha! Teva! You're too funny!

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm

[quote="Teva"]

Dear Sony,

Smooches,
Teva

[/quote]
:hilarious it's worth a try.