Hollywood Tonight video trailer

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 pm

uranusbluedanger1

Post by uranusbluedanger1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I love the song, but I have to wonder what the point is of making a music video for it...? Michael Jackson was known for his music videos because they were state of the art. Having collages of images (even if old ones of Michael Jackson) just seems to... I don't know. Let the man keep his legacy as having amazing music videos. Certainly they want to have the song sell, but let the man keep his legacy as having had amazing videos while he was alive and let that be it. Maybe that's just me thinking that, though.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 pm

[quote="uranusbluedanger1"]
I love the song, but I have to wonder what the point is of making a music video for it...? Michael Jackson was known for his music videos because they were state of the art. Having collages of images (even if old ones of Michael Jackson) just seems to... I don't know. Let the man keep his legacy as having amazing music videos. Certainly they want to have the song sell, but let the man keep his legacy as having had amazing videos while he was alive and let that be it. Maybe that's just me thinking that, though.
[/quote]
It didn't really work that well with hold my hand either. I think the video was nice but it just wasn't the same... If they have footage of Michael in the studio sining Hollywood tonight then I think they should do something with that...

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 pm

[/quote]
It didn't really work that well with hold my hand either. I think the video was nice but it just wasn't the same... If they have footage of Michael in the studio singing Hollywood tonight then I think they should do something with that...
Last edited by MJfan01' on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 am

[quote="MJfan01'"]
It didn't really work that well with hold my hand either. I think the video was nice but it just wasn't the same... If they have footage of Michael in the studio sining Hollywood tonight then I think they should do something with that...
[/quote]

Yeah, if they have footage of him singing it, then that would be nice I think.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:23 am

AAHHHH!! SO excited!!! :p :thumbsup That's so cool, thank you for posting MJfan01'. AS long as it's in good spirit and in favor of helping Michael, then I'm for it. If it's an obvious slap-together thing just purely for money's sake :greedy , which we all can decipher the difference between, then it's a HELL-NO GO. *Remember, the videos are also the catalysts for Michael's songs to be played on the mainstream tv stations and airwaves. If it's to put Michael's art out there in a positive light and promote his substance and creations, then I'm all for the videos. :heart Continuing, furthering, and supporting the exposure of our man is how we keep on continuing legacy in a huge way for one thing. :note2 What the people forming and directing the videos need to do is shoot for the VERY best they can create to do justice of Michael and us, 'cause this game ain't no joke-and if we don't like it, or we feel there's something wrong with them falling short and we're like :thehell then we need to make our voices heard however- that's our duty after all. :heart *It can be quite a dilemma, especially with SONY bastards being part of things (BARF): Making sure money-hungry leeches don't get the mulah but continuing to share Michael's musical gifts for us to the world and giving them the promotion, praise and care that they deserve (that SONY wouldn't do for instance), we have to walk a tightrope of very good judgement. And we have that. We saw that autopsy special was disgusting and wrong, and we spoke up and took care of that.
We've got to make sure the ones doing the videos (If we feel they should be done) are worthy enough, that they have any idea what they're talking about, and posses at least some of the real love and understanding that they should have to even think about touching a music video for Michael's songs. Or otherwise, someone's getting smacked with a brick wall from all of us.

This much is true, I am VERY happy to see promotion for the song!!! :starflower *How Wonderful!*
xo
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

uranusbluedanger1

Post by uranusbluedanger1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 am

[quote="MJfan01'"]
It didn't really work that well with hold my hand either. I think the video was nice but it just wasn't the same... If they have footage of Michael in the studio singing Hollywood tonight then I think they should do something with that...
[/quote]

I think it'd be great if they used it to create publicity for it if they do have such footage, you're onto something there. =) But make a music video with it/out of it? My point was that Michael Jackson's music videos were great because they were like movies - they were some of the first to have more of an actual plot line and follow through with it. They weren't slapped on collages of images, or random footage of moments that happened here and there. I'd like to know what kind of plot line they can build for a music video that lives up to Michael Jackson's legacy and can adequately compete in the music industry today (against people like Gaga, or even internally against people like Cheryl Cole that might not have as much talent, but have the benefits of still being able to make more marketable videos....)

I love the idea of the CD actually getting publicity, etc, but it came out how many weeks ago? Months really. It's kind of too late to be bringing out a new music video (after the first one didn't really work...) now, and from what I see, it might just be put-together images. I don't feel particularly excited. The teaser has nothing in it to excite me in terms of quality or anything. This at its very core will always come down to money-making whether we want to admit it or not... the artist isn't here to decide what material is publishable, what he wants to continue creating, thus the entire process has been left to people that might have cared for him, but most certainly are releasing things because it is marketable. It is the point of releasing stuff in the first place.

Idk. I'm not against it. I'm not in support either. Loved much of the music on the CD though and wish its publicity had been better administered.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Marina

Post by Marina » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm

I think it'd be great if they used it to create publicity for it if they do have such footage, you're onto something there. =) But make a music video with it/out of it? My point was that Michael Jackson's music videos were great because they were like movies - they were some of the first to have more of an actual plot line and follow through with it. They weren't slapped on collages of images, or random footage of moments that happened here and there. I'd like to know what kind of plot line they can build for a music video that lives up to Michael Jackson's legacy and can adequately compete in the music industry today (against people like Gaga, or even internally against people like Cheryl Cole that might not have as much talent, but have the benefits of still being able to make more marketable videos....)

I love the idea of the CD actually getting publicity, etc, but it came out how many weeks ago? Months really. It's kind of too late to be bringing out a new music video (after the first one didn't really work...) now, and from what I see, it might just be put-together images. I don't feel particularly excited. The teaser has nothing in it to excite me in terms of quality or anything. This at its very core will always come down to money-making whether we want to admit it or not... the artist isn't here to decide what material is publishable, what he wants to continue creating, thus the entire process has been left to people that might have cared for him, but most certainly are releasing things because it is marketable. It is the point of releasing stuff in the first place.

Idk. I'm not against it. I'm not in support either. Loved much of the music on the CD though and wish its publicity had been better administered.
[/quote]

I haven't posted for awhile, and I'm just passing through. Very quickly, I agree with you. He's not here and the songs and promotion don't have the benefit of his oversight and blessing. How can they second guess or presume to know what he might have wanted? Exactly: They can't. With the CD, they meant well and they did the best that they could, but when it comes to posthumous "new" videos in his name? For me, no. If they could find footage of him creating in the studio that would be great, but for me it would be too hard to watch. It's still too much and still too painful for me. Blessings everyone.
Last edited by Marina on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice

Post by justice » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:10 pm

[quote="sushigirl28"]
AAHHHH!! SO excited!!! :p :thumbsup That's so cool, thank you for posting MJfan01'. AS long as it's in good spirit and in favor of helping Michael, then I'm for it. If it's an obvious slap-together thing just purely for money's sake :greedy , which we all can decipher the difference between, then it's a HELL-NO GO. *Remember, the videos are also the catalysts for Michael's songs to be played on the mainstream tv stations and airwaves. If it's to put Michael's art out there in a positive light and promote his substance and creations, then I'm all for the videos. :heart Continuing, furthering, and supporting the exposure of our man is how we keep on continuing legacy in a huge way for one thing. :note2 What the people forming and directing the videos need to do is shoot for the VERY best they can create to do justice of Michael and us, 'cause this game ain't no joke-and if we don't like it, or we feel there's something wrong with them falling short and we're like :thehell then we need to make our voices heard however- that's our duty after all. :heart *It can be quite a dilemma, especially with SONY bastards being part of things (BARF): Making sure money-hungry leeches don't get the mulah but continuing to share Michael's musical gifts for us to the world and giving them the promotion, praise and care that they deserve (that SONY wouldn't do for instance), we have to walk a tightrope of very good judgement. And we have that. We saw that autopsy special was disgusting and wrong, and we spoke up and took care of that.
We've got to make sure the ones doing the videos (If we feel they should be done) are worthy enough, that they have any idea what they're talking about, and posses at least some of the real love and understanding that they should have to even think about touching a music video for Michael's songs. Or otherwise, someone's getting smacked with a brick wall from all of us.

This much is true, I am VERY happy to see promotion for the song!!! :starflower *How Wonderful!*
xo
[/quote]
I'm sure Michael is smiling down from Heaven knowing his wonderful fans and supporters have his back.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm