Michael Jackson Manslauhter trial

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES – A judge has postponed the trial of a doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death until early May.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor announced the delay Wednesday after meeting in chambers with prosecutors, defense attorneys, and Dr. Conrad Murray.

The move came after the judge asked defense attorneys at previous hearings why they hadn't turned over more information on potential witnesses to prosecutors.

The trial had been scheduled to begin with jury selection on March 24.

Prospective jurors will be given questionnaires on that day, but opening statements are now set to begin on May 9.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

APMichael Jackson case: Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers face $1,500-a-day fines

February 28, 2011 | 12:21 pm

A judge threatened Monday to hit Dr. Conrad Murray’s lawyers with $1,500-a-day fines for failing to share evidence with prosecutors before the physician's trial next month in the death of Michael Jackson.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor told lawyers for the pop icon’s personal physician that he would impose the fines or other sanctions Wednesday unless they met their legal obligation to turn over witness statements and expert reports to prosecutors.
“I am extremely distressed about the state of this case and whether in fact the defense is ready for trial,” Pastor said.

Murray is set to go on trial March 24, but prosecutors have repeatedly asked the judge to delay the case, saying the defense is not ready for trial because it has not shared materials concerning its witnesses.

Murray has refused to waive his right to a speedy trial, as most defendants do, to preserve his right to practice medicine. Pastor stripped him of his California medical license, but authorities in Texas and Nevada, where he practices, have agreed to await the conclusion of the trial to make their decisions, his lawyers said.

Murray, 57, is charged with involuntary manslaughter and has pleaded not guilty. Jackson died in 2009 from an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol.
laJudge in Michael Jackson doctor trial won't sanction defense team

By the CNN Wire Staff
March 2, 2011 7:00 p.m. EST

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Judge in manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor won't sanction defendant's attorneys
Trial of Dr. Conrad Murray scheduled to begin May 9
Jackson died June 25, 2010, after Murray allegedly gave him prescription medications
(CNN) -- The presiding judge in the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician accused of giving the late pop singer, Michael Jackson, a fatal dose of anesthesia, said Wednesday he will not sanction the defense team for failing to share witness statements reports with prosecutors.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor had previously threatened defense attorneys with $1,500-a-day fines after prosecutors complained Murray's attorneys were withholding evidence and statements from them.
Meanwhile, jury selection is scheduled to continue until March 25. The trial is slated to begin May 9.
Murray is accused of providing Jackson a fatal dose of propofol, a powerful anesthesia used to put surgical patients to sleep. Jackson died June 25, 2010, after Murray allegedly gave the performer several prescription medications.
cnn

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:40 am

Ha, sounds like Murray's defense is getting scared, eh? Sounds like it to me. I haven't really been following any of the Murray-Jackson-trial stuff, so I have no idea what's goes on or what...

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm

[quote="armcjackson"]
Ha, sounds like Murray's defense is getting scared, eh? Sounds like it to me. I haven't really been following any of the Murray-Jackson-trial stuff, so I have no idea what's goes on or what...
[/quote]
Muray was the one that wanted a speedy trial and now he wants it to be delayed. I can't stand this "doctor".

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 pm

[quote="MJfan01'"]
Muray was the one that wanted a speedy trial and now he wants it to be delayed. I can't stand this "doctor".
[/quote]

Augh. Wasn't he like really late becoming a doctor? Like his 30's, or 40's?

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Murray: "I want to get this trial moving along"
Attorney: "Ok how fast?"
Murray: "As fast as.......
"

"We'll just wait those Fans out."
Last edited by Dialdancer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm

[quote="Dialdancer"]
Murray: "I want to get this trial moving along"
Attorney: "Ok how fast?"
Murray: "As fast as.......
"

"We'll just wait those Fans out."

Lol ^^ molasses.
[/quote]

updated march 28 2011.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Judge in Michael Jackson doctor trial won't sanction defense team

By the CNN Wire Staff
March 2, 2011 7:00 p.m. EST

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Judge in manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor won't sanction defendant's attorneys
Trial of Dr. Conrad Murray scheduled to begin May 9
Jackson died June 25, 2010, after Murray allegedly gave him prescription medications
(CNN) -- The presiding judge in the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician accused of giving the late pop singer, Michael Jackson, a fatal dose of anesthesia, said Wednesday he will not sanction the defense team for failing to share witness statements reports with prosecutors.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor had previously threatened defense attorneys with $1,500-a-day fines after prosecutors complained Murray's attorneys were withholding evidence and statements from them.
Meanwhile, jury selection is scheduled to continue until March 25. The trial is slated to begin May 9.
Murray is accused of providing Jackson a fatal dose of propofol, a powerful anesthesia used to put surgical patients to sleep. Jackson died June 25, 2010, after Murray allegedly gave the performer several prescription medications
cnn

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:40 am

[quote="MJfan01'"]
[/quote]

I think it was the prosecution who initially asked for the delay. The defense didn't want to delay because they say that Murray does not have enough funds. The judge decided to delay given the fact that both the defense does not seem ready.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:26 pm

I wish they would get on with it already.
I will remember you.

OneMoreChance
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by OneMoreChance » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 pm

[quote="Teva"]
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more!
[align=center]Image[/align]

[[align=center]Michael Jackson Overload[/align]

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 pm

[quote="Teva"]
[/quote]

Mhm, definitely.

updated march 28 2011.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Lawyers for Jackson Doc Aim to Talk to Witnesses

Attorneys for the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death say they want to talk to nearly three dozen people described as hostile witnesses before an upcoming trial.
Attorney J. Michael Flanagan told a judge Wednesday subpoenas had been issued for 35 witnesses, including all the members of Jackson's security team who were at the rented mansion where the singer died in June 2009.

Houston-based cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

The case reconvenes on March 16, when jury questionnaires will be discussed. Jury selection is scheduled to begin March 24, with opening statements scheduled for May 9

abc

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm

MJfan01',

If you do not already have it here is a place to read the current trial trial transcripts.

http://www.teammichaeljackson.com/tmj_002.htm

Thanks Olga.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:47 am

[quote="Dialdancer"]
MJfan01',

If you do not already have it here is a place to read the current trial trial transcripts.

http://www.teammichaeljackson.com/tmj_002.htm

Thanks Olga.
[/quote]
-thanks. :biggrin

Teva

Post by Teva » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Aphrodite Jones talks to Dr. Patrick Tracey on her Show True Crimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKFn6lRGWhk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsP1RSG ... re=related
Last edited by Teva on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will remember you.