MTV crowning a 'New King Of Pop'

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm

"We mean no disrespect to Michael Jackson and his fans. He had a phenomenal career and we'll be listening to his music for years to come, but that won't be at the expense of looking out for the next generation of fantastic musicians! Who else are you listening to these days?
If that's the case then why haven't there been lists of the next king of Rock and next Beatles? I know that this list means nothing but the media has always tried to take his rightfully earned title away from him.

mtv uk

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 am

What?! Not only do I feel like I'm gonna vomit, but WTF?! NO DISRESPECT???! He INVENTED HIS OWN MONIKER! It's his place in history!! Oh great, that's all we need is more morons perpetuating this idea that his position can be ripped away again. What a vulturous, idiotic notion, beyond belief. Insignificant pole or not, it's still breeding more of this disrespectful idea that his legacy and who he is and what he has created can be recycled. Is this how Michael wants to live on with his legacy in tow? Recycled by whomever from a generation of artists and media as we know it now to be; that in which was born from him and his genious, gifted mind and his very own innovation from nothing, like it's a game?! Game over MTV UK. Start again. :censored

Oh and btw, why don't they throw in there another Thank You for keeping them afloat all these years...

What idiocy.

Thanks MJfan01' for the article.
xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 am

Everything that could have said, has been said above me.
Augh.
Stupidity much?
Last edited by armcjackson on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Jingles

Post by Jingles » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:30 am

It would be like taking Elvis' title from him and giving it to someone else. A title is a title and is non-transferable. I don't think these people understand this. Michael will always be the "King of Pop" period. Let other musician have their own title. Leave Michael's alone.
"And it seems I can live my life with you as my rhythm"

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Should have asked why did they not crown a new King of Rock?
what happens when Springsteen is gone will they name a new
"Boss"

MTV is nothing but disrespect. They had no problem asking
Michael to make an appearance when their ratings were low
and doing what their kind does best, use and abuse. Besides
they and their mentality type like pushing our buttons, we people
who still support Michael Jackson. They do it to punish us and
for their amusement for continuing to support Michael and his
legacy.

Should have left this for later. I did not realize how much this
would anger me.
Last edited by Dialdancer on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teva

Post by Teva » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

ditto to all comments above.

Well is Madonna longer the Queen of Pop.
Who will be the next Godfather after James Browne
Queen of Soul will be taken away from Aretha an given to whom?

I hope this little charade backfires big time, and it probably will. Here is an except of what Pharell Williams said to Michael in an interview.
WILLIAMS: What you do is so amazing. When you are 100 years old, and they’re still making up things about what you’ve done to this and what you’ve done to that on your body–please believe me, if you decided you wanted to dip your whole body in chrome, you are so amazing that the world, no matter what they say, is going to be right there to see it. And that is because of what you have achieved in the music world, and in changing people’s lives. People are having children to your songs. You’ve affected the world.
I will remember you.

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 am

Who else are you listening to these days?

I think our answer should be anyone as long as we do not have to watch or listen to them on MTV.

Exactly when is this suppose to take place?
Last edited by Dialdancer on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dorka
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Dorka » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:30 am

WTF... lol guys, who could take his place... Eminem, or Jay-Z? (sorry for those who like them) ...lol this is so pathetic, everyone knows that after their death everything will be the same and maybe there'll be some people who'd cry (their friends and families lol) but after some years nobody will remember these people..... well ok they will but our grandchildren's grandchildren's children... they will have no idea who they are... -.-
"Before you judge me, try hard to love me!"

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:36 am

^ Yes, it certainly is an ungodly amount of nerve to put this idea forth of moving the thrown on bullcrap. Like my mother says, "Are you kidding me?!" God, it'll end if we continue to kibosh it each time. Talk about direspect to the tenth.

xo
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 am

I think this announcement by MTV UK was because of Mohamed Al Fayed's announcement of Michael's statue and his refusal to bow down to the "Boys" not to erect it.

It goes along with the creation of the new UK statue named Madonna and Child for the Premium Studio. The "Boys" are doing a bad job of covering up what they really don't want anyone to see. Some no name DJ claimed since MJ's Fans worship him it is an good name for the statue.....Oops.....Telling on yourself.

The real problem is many know when their time comes to an end, they will have left little behind to show their contribution, few will morn them and even fewer will be able to recall their name and life without doing some searching. Ego, envy and jealousy, a need to dominate over Michael in death as they never could in life.

Last edited by Dialdancer on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice

Post by justice » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 pm

[quote="Jingles"]
It would be like taking Elvis' title from him and giving it to someone else. A title is a title and is non-transferable. I don't think these people understand this. Michael will always be the "King of Pop" period. Let other musician have their own title. Leave Michael's alone.
[/quote]

so that means James Brown, Aretha franklin, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and
I don't know who else will aswell lose their titles. I hope they all rot on earth
in front of our eyes!

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 am

More foolish /Move the Thrown On' crap-talk: :yeahright
~~~~
It's official, Eminem is the new King of Pop! For years that title has belonged to the late great Michael Jackson, but now Eminem has passed Michael Jackson in a key landmark of popularity: Marshall Mather is now the most followed person on Facebook, knocking MJ out of the top spot.

Eminem's Recovery album brought the superstar rapper back to the top after several years of turmoil including going to a drug rehab clinic for his problems with prescription pills, reportedly. But he has overcome and is a bigger star than ever now. IF only he could over come his penchant for anti-woman lyrics and such. But it's never too late to keep growing.

Eminem King of Pop? contact
Rap superstar Eminem is officially the most popular person on Facebook.com after stealing the crown from late King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The Not Afraid hitmaker overtook Lady Gaga as the top living soul on the social networking website last month (Feb11) when his profile garnered almost 29 million 'likes' from fans. According to FameCount.com, only Jackson had more Facebook followers - until now Eminem had surpassed the 30 million mark by Monday (14Mar11), leaving the Thriller legend trailing in second place with 29.8 million 'likes'.

Eminem King of Pop?

~~~

source

Please. They just can't quit. TMZ was all over this as well. :punchface

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Sun May 08, 2011 4:23 pm

They are just pissed because of the RadarOnLine article stating Authorities said Michael wasn't a Child Molester.
Just another bunch of snot noses trying to get attention to their site and articles.

Lets wait until Marshall puts it on his album or MTV, VHI or one of the rest announces him as such with him standing
on the stage. Then...........

Oldschooly

Post by Oldschooly » Mon May 09, 2011 2:50 am

From what Im aware MTV dont actually play music on their station anymore. And judging by the quality of what they show, they arent exactly in any position to judge 'talent' or taste. So frankly this means nothing to me.

Jingles

Post by Jingles » Thu May 12, 2011 12:01 pm

[quote="Oldschooly"]
From what Im aware MTV dont actually play music on their station anymore. And judging by the quality of what they show, they arent exactly in any position to judge 'talent' or taste. So frankly this means nothing to me.
[/quote]

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. We need to name a "new MTV" because they are no longer "Music Television". You don't think they would mind? I remember when the did play music videos and focus on music subjects and that was quite a while ago...oh well, time for a new MTV.
"And it seems I can live my life with you as my rhythm"