Michael and Elizabeth Taylor

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Last edited by MJfan01' on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teva

Post by Teva » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Beautiful pictures.
I will remember you.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:22 pm

wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Jingles

Post by Jingles » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:41 pm

It's so sad to think that they are both gone. Yet they are reunited and that brings some comfort. Thank you for sharing those pictures.
"And it seems I can live my life with you as my rhythm"

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 am

LOS ANGELES – "I don?t think anyone knew how much we loved each other," Elizabeth Taylor said after Michael Jackson's 2009 death, reflecting the intense -- if perhaps unlikely -- bond between the pair.

Taylor and Jackson shared a key formative experience in common: they were both child stars who arguably missed out on a proper childhood.

The pop icon and Hollywood legend were at times inseparable, with homes near each other in the plush Bel Air and Beverly Hills neighborhoods west of Hollywood.

After Taylor's death Wednesday at the age of 79, the blogosphere was alive with talk of them being reunited in heaven.

"She is probably up in heaven right now, going monkey shopping with Michael Jackson," said one blogger, referring to infamously eccentric stories from Jackson's life.

Taylor, who died of complications from congestive heart failure in the Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, was knocked sideways by Jackson's untimely death aged 50 in June 2009.

Tabloid reports suggested she was hospitalized with grief, apparently confirmed when she said via Twitter: "I'm home from the hospital sore, but intact. Of course I'm still grieving for Michael... I always will."

"My heart... my mind... are broken," she said. "I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together."

Their friendship began in the 1980s when Taylor abruptly walked out of a Jackson concert in Los Angeles complaining that she could not see the performance or hear the music, according to news reports of the time.

Jackson called Taylor afterwards in tears, reports said at the time, but once she explained the reason for her exit the pair got talking, and it developed from there.

"Then we met, and spent more and more time with each other, and just became really good friends. Told each other everything," Taylor said in a 2006 interview, cited by Fox News.

They were united notably by what Taylor called "horrible" childhoods, blighted by having become celebrities at a young age.

Despite their 27-year age gap the pair were regularly pictured together, including at AIDS charity events which Taylor organized, and on red carpets in Hollywood and around the world.

The Oscar-winning actress, arguably the last great star of Hollywood's golden era, is even credited by some as having first called Jackson the "King of Pop."

Taylor later defended Jackson from child molestation charges, explaining that she too had spent nights with him at his Neverland ranch, without anything untoward happening.

"There was nothing abnormal about it. There was no touchy-feely going on. We laughed like children, and we watched a lot of Walt Disney. There was nothing odd about it," Taylor said, according to Fox News.

Some say the actress, long dogged by health woes, never properly recovered after Jackson's death two years ago.

"He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty," she said at the time, calling his friendship "the purest most giving love I've ever known."
google.

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for sharing. :)

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:54 pm

:) thanks for sharing.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

SpeedDemonGrl

Post by SpeedDemonGrl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

My husband and I were talking about them a few nights ago over the phone. He commented on how they were in Heaven now, playing with super soakers. I laughed at that and agreed, those two were beautiful people, and I will dearly miss both of them.

In a world filled with hate, we must dare to hope...

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:45 pm

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 am

What a beautiful thought and gesture MJfan01'. Thank you very, very much for this thread. :wkiss

Elizabeth: :wkiss What an amazing gal indeed.

xox
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

Teva

Post by Teva » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Wednesday, March 23, 2011
In Memory of Miss Elizabeth Taylor

Here's an astonishing fact: In 1977, when Elvis Presley died suddenly, PEOPLE magazine did not put him on the cover. Back then, not many tabloid shows existed, and therefore, in magazines and in news magazine shows, his death was covered in a very minor way. It's weird to realize that in those days, the thought of giving "press" to the passing of a celebrity was considered "too macabre" a topic for readers and viewers.

That all changed, of course, on the fateful day when John Lennon was murdered in 1980. Suddenly, TV, radio, and print media "got" that we fans want to know about our legends who are "taken" from us. We fans, who carefully follow the careers of people like Elvis, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, and, Elizabeth Taylor -- want a full news accounting of their death and the circumstances surrounding it. Today, more than ever, with the rocky state of affairs in the world, when an ICON dies, we all want to see a tribute, a full-on farewell, to the person who kept us inspired, entertained, and engaged... to the person who, in certain ways, changed the world we live in.

Today, we mourn the passing of Elizabeth Taylor, not only because was she larger than life, but because she was a movie star who cared. One of the first icons to step up to fight AIDS, Miss Taylor also was not afraid to stand up to "media nonsense" -- especially in the case of Michael Jackson. It's no secret that the two of them were close -- that Liz spent a lot of time at Neverland in a time period when the media hated Michael, and hurled allegations at the pop star that he would never eradicate. In the end, when Michael was facing the battle of his life in court -- Liz Taylor was not present in the Santa Maria courthouse to show support for him. But, now in retrospect, we much consider that maybe she was too ill, and too tired, to continue to fight for Michael, or even for herself. Come to think of it, we have not seen much of Elizabeth Taylor in public for the past 5 years, except to learn reports of her health issues. Perhaps she was suffering too much in the past few years, and was fighting her own health battle that was worsening with alarming speed.

Like Elvis, Michael, and John, we know that most everything in Elizabeth Taylor's life made headlines around the world. Now, in death, we should think, not of her her very public shredding of spouses, or her extraordinary excesses, that we all gossiped about. rather, we should remember that Miss Taylor embodied all that was glamour... all that was beautiful and sophisticated. Women loved her movies, her diamonds, and her style... and men, simply melting looking at her violet eyes. Liz just might be the last of the GREAT movie stars... who, on screen, even outdid Cleopatra!

I look up to her with a kind of reverence, and an ever present sense that, WOW, I wish we could have more stars like her... who are willing to stand up for what's right, in the face of all adversity.

God Bless you, Miss Taylor.

Your empathy was real, and your tireless work to alleviate suffering, will forever be your tribute.

Love You All,

Aphrodite
http://www.aphroditejones.com/
I will remember you.

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Thank you Teva for the article!!

Image *Kiss*

The chair Michael bought specially made for her a couple years ago for Elizabeth. She never got to sit in it though..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL-PwXiq ... detailpage[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbOIc-9 ... detailpage[/media]Feb 27, 1997 Elizabeth's Birthday

(I liked the pics of the kids and cousins out with her for Halloween fun in 2009 at Universal. Cute.. :cherry )

"I love Elizabeth Taylor. I'm inspired by her bravery. She has been through so much and she is a survivor. That lady has been through a lot and she has walked out of it on two feet. I identify with her very strongly because of our experiences as child stars. When we first started talking on the phone, she told me she felt as if she had known me for years. I felt the same way." ~Michael <3

xo
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:06 am

Can't believe it's been a month without her already.

updated march 28 2011.

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am

[quote="armcjackson"]
Can't believe it's been a month without her already.
[/quote]

Woah, neither can I...
What a cool lady. <3

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:19 am

Awww, such wittle happies! *L.O.V.E.* :giddy

xo
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*