Court Updates!! Aug 13 - Illegal searches, Atty Gen. Conclusion?, ETC

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

mj_fan_for_life31

Post by mj_fan_for_life31 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:39 pm

Originally posted by whisper
He says he doesn't oppose the media wanting to televise it.

Good! Go got 'em Michael! Show 'em what you're made of!! :boxing: I love u!! :D

K.M.A.
Prince Charming :wink

elusive moonwalker
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by elusive moonwalker » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:23 pm

anderson wants the AG's report released he doesnt want it hidden from the press

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:36 pm

Originally posted by elusive moonwalker
anderson wants the AG's report released he doesnt want it hidden from the press
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Santa Barbara County's sheriff has asked a judge's permission to release the results of a state probe into allegations that Michael Jackson was "manhandled" by authorities after his arrest for investigation of child molestation.

But Sheriff Jim Anderson's request to publicize the investigation's findings were ordered sealed by Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville, according to court documents released Friday.

It was unclear whether the state attorney general's investigation had concluded because significant portions of Anderson's motion, filed Thursday, were blacked out.

Anderson asked for a state investigation last year after Jackson claimed he was mistreated while in custody. In a CBS "60 Minutes" interview, the singer alleged that authorities locked him in a feces-smeared restroom for 45 minutes after he asked to use the facilities. He showed what he said was a bruise on his right arm and claimed his shoulder was dislocated.

TV news cameras, however, recorded Jackson waving with both arms to fans as he was let out of jail.

Sheriff's authorities and a representative for the state attorney general's office could not be reached for comment early Saturday. Sheriff's officials and Nathan Barankin, a spokesman for Attorney General Bill Lockyer, declined to comment Friday to the Santa Barbara News-Press.

Anderson's motion was among at least 17 court records released Friday. Many were heavily redacted and ordered sealed, continuing the pattern of secrecy imposed by Melville throughout Jackson's case.

In one filing, media attorney Theodore Boutrous Jr. asked that media be allowed to film and photograph court proceedings Aug. 16 when District Attorney Tom Sneddon is scheduled to testify.

"Mr. Sneddon's testimony is a quintessential example of the kind of proceeding that warrants camera coverage," wrote Boutrous, who represents a coalition of media organizations including The Associated Press.

Jackson's defense did not oppose the media's request, according to court records.

Other documents released Friday contain requests by defense lawyers to throw out evidence seized by law enforcement during raids on Nov. 18, 2003.

Jackson is charged with committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $3 million bail.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... el_jackson

aing that a bitch :careless
[align=center]Image[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:44 pm

But Sheriff Jim Anderson's request to publicize the investigation's findings were ordered sealed by Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville, according to court documents released Friday
It wasn't a request to publicize the findings. It was a request to "release" the findings. Things that are filed "under seal" are not known to any other parties, IE Anderson wouldn't know unless he was tipped off b/c the actual finds are "under seal". For example, the search warrants are "under seal" causing the defense to have to wait for a copy from prosecutors. Even they can't see the information that is "under seal" unless they're given permission to the judge.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:54 pm

It wasn't a request to publicize the findings. It was a request to "release" the findings. Things that are filed "under seal" are not known to any other parties, IE Anderson wouldn't know unless he was tipped off b/c the actual finds are "under seal". For example, the search warrants are "under seal" causing the defense to have to wait for a copy from prosecutors. Even they can't see the information that is "under seal" unless they're given permission to the judge.
So Anderson just wants it released so he can see what it is? That doesn't nessacarily mean its good or bad? No one knows yet, right? Why did yahoo say it was to publicise it?

Sorry, i waffle on.

LuckyStar

Post by LuckyStar » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:27 pm

Omg omg.... Things are heating up!
I can just imagen Sneddon sitting at home, with his big ass in his chair waiving back and forth, staring at the floor with huge eyes sweatting his balls off.... He knoooooooow´s monday will be his doooooooome..... :cryptic

:inuyasha1 Inu!

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:32 pm

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
So Anderson just wants it released so he can see what it is? That doesn't nessacarily mean its good or bad? No one knows yet, right? Why did yahoo say it was to publicise it?

Sorry, i waffle on.
I don't know what yahoo is saying. To my understanding from reading the documents, as of now, no one knows what he findings are b/c they've been sealed by the court. And Anderson just filed a motion with the judge requesting that the findings be "released" and that his motion be sealed.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:38 pm

Gah, either way..I wouldn't be suprised if he already knew. I don't think anything great will come out of the findings.

They had all their employees on TV 'walking' television reporters through the process of what Michael supposedly went through...nice and easy. Along with them playing audio footage of Michael in the car on the way there and in the flight hanger where he was arrested, both times he looked and sounded at ease.

They will use that as proof to say nothing happened. The police department isn't going to come out and say 'Oh, yes! Our officers abused a citizen.'

But anyway, it's not a secret that when people are arrested, police often hand-cuff people too tight. My dad even went through that, and a lot of the time the person that is being handcuffed won't say anything about it. The police aren't supposed to do that, but a lof of them are assholes. Those pictures that they showed of Michael on 60 minutes are proof of that. F*ck the whole, he bruised himself waving to fans bull.

The police department NEVER likes to admit to misconduct, and I don't think Attorney General will willingly do so either, especially not in Santa Barbra.

They will probably either admit to cuffing him to tight, or they won't, and say that since he's never been arrested before everything seemed exaggerated from his perspective.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:43 pm

What I don't get yet...and this might have been covered already. But why did the sealed results go to Judge Melville?...Wasn't the police brutality investigation separate from the molestation case?

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:52 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent
What I don't get yet...and this might have been covered already. But why did the sealed results go to Judge Melville?...Wasn't the police brutality investigation separate from the molestation case?
:2thinking

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent
That's another mystery right there. That's further reason, until I hear otherwise, the maybe the findings didn't go completely in the police's favor. If there's evidence of corruption by the same police force that is involved in executing search warrants against Michael and others, then it would need to be known by the judge as something relevant to this case.

And since the police were involved in illegal searches (warrantless searches), lying to get search warrants, and other stuff, it would be a part of this case in some way. Maybe that's why he forwarded it to Melville. (??)

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:10 pm

If there's evidence of corruption by the same police force that is involved in executing search warrants against Michael and others, then it would need to be known by the judge as something relevant to this case.
I didnt even consider that....

DirtyDiana87

Post by DirtyDiana87 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:21 pm

Whisper,

Thank you for all of your hard work!!! You rock! ;)

Heather~

Thank you so much Pam for my beautiful avatar & Blend!! I love them so much!!

Thank you Sarah for the beautiful blend!!! I LOVE it!!!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:35 pm

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
They had all their employees on TV 'walking' television reporters through the process of what Michael supposedly went through...nice and easy. Along with them playing audio footage of Michael in the car on the way there and in the flight hanger where he was arrested, both times he looked and sounded at ease.

They will use that as proof to say nothing happened. The police department isn't going to come out and say 'Oh, yes! Our officers abused a citizen.'
They did that shit in a highly reactive way....it was very disingenuous and phony--and it wasn't the WHOLE story! Very conveniently, they left out any real time footage inside the station.

LadyJackson

Post by LadyJackson » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:16 pm

Thanx Whisper for your insight...I was wondering the same thing!! :D

The man is absolutely gorgeous!!!:mf_w00t2: