DAILY PRAYERS FOR MICHAEL

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Wed May 11, 2005 3:54 am

[[align=center]May the LORD add a blessing to the reading of HIS HOLY WORD for the edification of our souls. :writing:

May 11, 2005

A White Stone

Read:
Revelation 2:12-17

I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it. –Revelation 2:17 :writing:

Our Lord's message to the church at Pergamum has a curious reference to "a new name" written on "a white stone" (Revelation 2:17). What could this mean?

There are two plausible explanations. In an ancient court of law, when defendants were condemned, they received a black stone with their name on it. If they were acquitted, they received a white stone. Similarly, those who have trusted Jesus Christ for salvation will receive an acquittal from the judgment of God. What a relief it is to know that our sins are forgiven!

Another explanation comes from the ancient olympic games. When athletes won, they were awarded a white stone, which was a token of honor.

Together, these illustrations show us the wonderful balance of the Christian life. We are saved by grace through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). Yet obedient Christians often struggle as they seek to serve the One who saved them. One explanation of the white stone is a picture of unearned acquittal. The other shows that we will be rewarded for acts of good works (1 Corinthians 3:13-14).

Trusting Christ for salvation gives us a new identity. It's like receiving a new name written on a white stone, which shows that we are forgiven–completely. –Dennis Fisher

We're saved by grace through faith alone,
Good works can have no part;
But God rewards each loving deed
That's done with all our heart. –D. De Haan

Jesus removes our sin and rewards our service.

A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBCMinistries-www.rbc.net :writing:
_________________________________________________________________________________

In regard to ourselves, your servant Harold, and our brother Michael;

Before the heavens were laid and the mountains were formed, YOU WERE & ARE LORD OVER ALL!
We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of mercy and faithfulness!

Please forgive us our many trespasses and help us to forgive both ourselves & others. Please FATHER, continue to bless us, inspite of our failures and shortcomings!

Let not doubt, fear, sin, temptation, or bitterness come between us or our relationships with YOU!
Bless us to remain encouraged by YOUR will and YOUR way, only!

Please bless us to learn, hear & acknowledge YOUR voice!

Order our steps, DEAR LORD, that we may praise YOUR HOLY NAME above all others!
Let our footprints blaze a trail, for others to follow, of lives filled with; love, peace, joy, sound mind & health! Protection from all harm and evil, redemption, salvation, and abundance, through YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST. In whom all things are possible!

Rename us Oh, LORD! PROVIDE US ALL WITH THE WHITE ROCK OF ACQUITTAL, right now on Michael's behalf, and in regard to our sins!

Please, throughout our lifetimes, allow us to be guided by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, LORD, to be humble & wise stewards, that all may see our good works and honor YOU!

We ask that YOUR COMFORTER will be with Michael, his family, his witnesses, lawyers, friends,
employees and us all, in times of need or distress! That it remain with Michael and all of us, until the day, we pray, he is vindicated & acquitted of all charges!

Provide victory and deliverance today, LORD GOD! Do this now SAVIOR, for Michael, Harold, his family, and for the rest of all of our days!

At our most difficult moments, please allow us to feel YOUR PRESENCE! Fill us with the kind of exuberant joy, that can only come from you!

Allow all that has been lost, stolen or traded, to return to us as blessings of prosperity and wealth!

IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS,

we pray,

Amen :D[/align]
:wink born & raised to be a motown lady:8-26-03respect:

RevMiltonWms

Post by RevMiltonWms » Wed May 11, 2005 11:28 am

Dear God,

I pray for MJ's strength and emotional well being. I pray that the "biased" portion of the media would reach the point of "just telling the truth." I pray for MJ's family members, and his legal representatives. I pray that evil men would be exposed for their deceptive acts against MJ. I pray for justice in and through this trial.

cecilia

Post by cecilia » Wed May 11, 2005 3:08 pm

Thank you for those beautiful prayers! You are like little angels on earth! :)

It's so good to be here reading those beautiful prayers. Thank you Motown Lady for starting this thread!

Each day I'm more and more convinced that God is the only One that matters. He is into everything. He is Truth, Love and Beauty.

I want Michael to be in the Truth, Love and Beauty state all the time. All his fears to disappear, all our fears to dissapear.

God bless you Michael, God be with you all the time. The peace, the beauty, the truth is to be found only in your heart, Michael. Not in those "false splendors of this world". Not in appreciation or disappreciation of the press, not in the MTV and Grammy awards... The beauty is also in your wonderful music.

Thank you God for creating Michael! Bless him endlessly....
We gossip about others because we are not sufficiently interested in the process of our own thinking and of our own action. Generally, when we gossip it is to condemn others, but, stretching it charitably, it is perhaps to imitate others.Catch yourself the next time you are gossiping about somebody; if you are aware of it, it will indicate an awful lot to you about yourself. Don\\\\\\\'t cover it up by saying that you are merely inquisitive about others. It indicates restles

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Wed May 11, 2005 4:04 pm

I pray to god that Michael Joe Jackson will win this trial. amen.

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Thu May 12, 2005 5:53 am

[align=center]MAY THE LORD GOD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS!

Please MASTER,
THOU ART THE ALPHA & OMEGA!

We praise YOU and we bow to YOUR magnificence, wisdom, POWER, and majesty!

Hear our prayers this very hour!

PLease forgive us our sins, and provide us YOUR HOLY SPIRIT as our comforter and guide.

With full acknowledgment of the authority YOU alone possess, again we humbly touch and agree in prayer! Please extend YOUR mighty hand of power over all of the prayers, requests, positive thoughts and affirmations that have already been expressed!

Please LORD, by YOUR infinite wisdom, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for his & our good! Then, please allow them to become manifest in the lives of Michael, his family, supporters and for your servant Harold & family!

IN JESUS NAME
we pray,
Amen!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministries MAY 2005

Our Changing World

Read:
Psalm 102:25-27

I am the Lord, I do not change. –Malachi 3:6 :writing:

Change is one thing we can be sure of in this life. Our relationships change as we move to new places, experience illness, and ultimately face death. Even the cells in our bodies are always in the process of change. When cells wear out, most are replaced by new ones. This is especially noticeable with our skin–we shed and regrow outer skin cells about every 27 days.

Yes, change is the one certainty in our world. Henry Lyte's melancholy line in his hymn "Abide With Me" is true: "Change and decay in all around I see." But the hymn immediately adds, "O Thou who changest not, abide with me!"

By faith in Jesus Christ we can have a relationship with the unchanging God, who says of Himself in Malachi 3:6, "I am the Lord, I do not change." We can depend on God to be the same forever, as the psalmist says (Psalm 102:27). Hebrews 13:8 adds this reassuring testimony: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." He is our firm foundation, who can give us confidence and security in this changing world. :writing:

We creatures, caught up in the swirling tide of time, can rest our souls on the everlasting arms, which will never let us go. –Vernon Grounds

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day,
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see–
O Thou who changest not, abide with me! –Lyte

To face life's changes, look to the unchanging God.

[
B]Psalm 102:25-27 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society :writing:

25 In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

26 They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
Like clothing you will change them
and they will be discarded.

27 But you remain the same,
and your years will never end[/B]

This post has been edited by motown lady:[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Fri May 13, 2005 4:31 am

[align=center]OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE YOUR NAME,

IN THE NAME OF THY SON JESUS, WHO GAVE US THIS PRAYER, PLEASE HEAR US TODAY, OH LORD!

PLEASE FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS!

Master, we come to you today on behalf of our brother Michael, YOUR servant Harold, and all of us!

With heads humbly bowed we ask that you allow YOUR COMFORTER, the HOLY SPIRIT, to continue to remain with us & to offer daily guidance and support!

Place within us remembrances of YOUR grace, that in difficult times we may offer praise unto YOU rather than doubt!

Open doors for us that others said were impossible, and allow us to enter into blessings! That men may see YOUR great works in us and call You blessed!

Close the door on our past offenses, restore our reputations, but keep the lessons learned in our consciousness, that our lives may be open to new opportunities.

Enable and equip us to become wiser and more obedient stewards, that we may be pleasing in YOUR sight!

Protect & uphold our sprirts, loved ones and possessions;

Enfold us in blessings of love, grace, joy, health & abundance, in the faces of our enemies and accusers! - ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Let our countenance reflect that we are indeed owned by A GREAT AND POWERFUL GOD! -ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Cast us not aside but allow us to inherit and partake of YOUR many blessings!
- ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Then please deliver us LORD! Show us mercy and save us from those who seek to cause harm, injury or to imprison us, (in any way)!
- ALL TO THE GORY OF YOUR NAME!

Strengthen us to become YOUR powerful witnesses.
-ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Please enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!
-ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR HOLY NAME!

IN JESUS NAME,
we pray,
Amen!

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS

A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministries/May 13, 2005/www.rbc.net

More Than Wishing

Read:
Matthew 6:5-15

Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. –Matthew 6:8

As a child, C. S. Lewis enjoyed reading the books of E. Nesbit, especially Five Children and It. In this book, brothers and sisters on a summer holiday discover an ancient sand fairy who grants them one wish each day. But every wish brings the children more trouble than happiness because they can't foresee the results of getting everything they ask for.

The Bible tells us to make our requests known to God (Philippians 4:6). But prayer is much more than telling God what we want Him to do for us. When Jesus taught His disciples how to pray, He began by reminding them, "Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him" (Matthew 6:8).

What we call "The Lord's Prayer" is more about living in a growing, trusting relationship with our heavenly Father than about getting what we want from Him. As we grow in faith, our prayers will become less of a wish list and more of an intimate conversation with the Lord.

Toward the end of his life, C. S. Lewis wrote, "If God had granted all the silly prayers I've made in my life, where should I be now?"

Prayer is placing ourselves in the presence of God to receive from Him what we really need. –David McCasland

We grasp but a thread of the garment of prayer;
We reel at the thought of His infinite care;
We cannot conceive of a God who will say:
"Be careful for nothing; in everything pray." –Farrell

Our highest privilege is to talk to God; our highest duty is to listen to Him.

Matthew 6:5-15 (New International Version)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Prayer
5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Footnotes:

Matthew 6:13 Or from evil; some late manuscripts one, / for yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 08:24 AM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Sat May 14, 2005 6:20 am

[align=center]Dear ETERNAL FATHER,

Please hear our prayers on behalf of our brother Michael, your servant Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, and ourselves;

We meekly ask for YOUR forgiveness of our sins, both seen & unseen by others!

For we know that nothing is secret from YOU, and we ask that YOU search us LORD! Create in us clean hearts & renew right spirits within us, that we may be pleasing in THY sight!

We praise YOU FATHER for the goodness and mercy you've shown to us all!
Please grant us the victory YOU promised would emerge from our praise!

Prop us up on every leaning side LORD, allow us to rest against and to be fortified by YOUR COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Use those who come to us as enemies and adversaries as workers for our good! Cause them to speak words in our favor!

SAVIOR, please deliver us from all harm, danger, despair, the sin of doubt, temptation from the enemy, evil, loneliness and all forms of imprisonment!

Grant us : joy eternal, peace, health, prosperity, redemption, more grace, mercy & wisdom. Allow us to be abundantly blessed in all areas of our lives-TO YOUR GLORY!

Surround us: with love, kindness, generous spirits, true friends & advocates empowered by YOUR spirit, that together we may touch and agree in prayer, TO YOUR GLORY and the futherance of YOUR KINGDOM!

We pray,
Amen
!

-A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministries/May 2, 2005/www.rbc.net

The Devil's Soup Bowl

Read:
Matthew 4:1-11

When [the devil] speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. –John 8:44

While my sons-in-law and I were hiking in a state park last summer, we noticed a trail marker that pointed toward something called The Devil's Soup Bowl. Intrigued, we took off for this geologic formation. As we went, we joked about the kind of soup we might find in the bowl.

When we arrived, we discovered it to be a large sunken area of land–something like a deep lake without any water in it. We were rather disappointed to discover that The Devil's Soup Bowl was filled with nothing but trees and weeds.

The Devil's Soup Bowl is the perfect name for a formation that offers something of interest but ends up providing nothing, because the devil is a deceiver. His menu is a bowl of tricks that delivers only empty promises and broken dreams.

Satan began his deceitful work of substituting nothing for something when he tricked Eve in the Garden of Eden, and he has not changed his plan. He tried his deceit on Jesus, but the Lord resisted and "the devil left Him" (Matthew 4:9-11).

So how do you know if you are being offered one of Satan's lies? Test new ideas with Scripture. Consult with people you trust to be godly and wise. And pray.

Don't fall for the devil's bowl of empty lies. –Dave Branon

Satan's a liar, deceiving all men,
Subtly he causes their fall into sin;
But his sly methods we surely can know,
Looking to Jesus wherever we go. –D. De Haan

Satan offers nothing but tricks and deceit.

Matthew 4:1-11 (New International Version)

Matthew 4

The Temptation of Jesus
1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

10Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Footnotes:

Matthew 4:4 Deut. 8:3
Matthew 4:6 Psalm 91:11,12
Matthew 4:7 Deut. 6:16
Matthew 4:10 Deut. 6:13 [/align]

This post has been edited by motown lady

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Sun May 15, 2005 7:28 am

[[align=center]LORD & MASTER OVER ALL,

WE PRAISE YOUR HOLY & RIGHTEOUS NAME!

Thank you for all of YOUR GREAT WORKS of the past, the present, and for grace in regard to the future!

YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY

We humbly bow at YOUR THRONE OF GRACE asking that YOU hear our prayers, OH LORD!

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good! Then, please allow them to become manifest in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones,our loved ones, our lives and those who support us, for the rest of our days!

With full acknowledgment of the authority YOU alone possess, again we humbly touch and agree in prayer! Please extend YOUR mighty hand of power over all of the prayers, requests, positive thoughts and affirmations that have already been expressed!

PLease forgive us our sins.
Guide our spirits in the forgiveness of both ourselves and others!

Allow YOUR HOLY SPIRIT to rain down upon us, on this, the day of YOUR SABBATH, providing us with YOUR presence, comfort, guidance & protection.

Allow it to inspire love, joy & rejoicing within us always! Even in times of trial or sorrow as we await victory!

Grant us a greater measure of faith by which to please You! That we may not doubt or fall away into despair.

Strengthen us LORD to resist the devil that he will flee from us!
Protect us SAVIOR, from all that will attempt to harm us spritually, physically, emotionally, or imprison us in any way.

Provide us with victory, vindication redemption, love, prosperity, health & the gift of healing, sound mind & judgement, DEAR SAVIOR! Inspite of the attempts against us by our enemies and adversaries.-TO THE GLORY OF GOD!

YOU ALONE know what we are in need of before we ask of it. Inspite of our faults and sins, please show continued mercy and grace toward us!

Please bless us-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR KINGDOM!

we pray,

Amen

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS!

-A Reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministires/May 15, 2005/www.rbc.net

A Noble Request

Read:
Acts 9:1-9

So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?" –Acts 9:6

As a seminary student I was often impressed by stories of Christians who made a great impact for God. So I asked the Lord to give me the same spiritual insight and power they had. On the surface that looks like a noble request. But one day I realized that it was actually a self-centered prayer. So instead of asking God to make me like someone else, I began asking Him to show me what He wanted me to do.

When Saul of Tarsus was converted on the road to Damascus, he asked two questions. The first was, "Who are You, Lord?" Realizing he was in the presence of the living God, only one other question mattered: "Lord, what do You want me to do?" (Acts 9:5-6). He recognized that obedience to God's will for him was to be the central focus of the rest of his life.

Requests for health, healing, success, and even spiritual power are not wrong, but they can become selfish prayers if they do not flow from a heart determined to obey God. Jesus said, "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father" (John 14:21). Obedience expresses our love for God and enables us to experience His love for us.

Have you made that noble request: "Lord, what do You want me to do?" –Herb Vander Lugt

Master, speak, and make me ready,
When Thy voice is truly heard,
With obedience glad and steady,
Still to follow every word. –Havergal

The best way to know God's will is to say "I will" to God.

Acts 9:1-9 (New International Version)

Acts 9

Saul's Conversion
1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

7The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 07:23 AM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Mon May 16, 2005 6:35 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[align=center]DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER,

Again, we thank YOU for YOUR INFINITE LOVE & GRACE toward us.

Praise YOU for YOUR extraordinary gift of love on behalf of our salvation; YOUR SON, CHRIST JESUS!

We praise YOU, CHRIST JESUS, for your extraordinary gift of redemption; YOUR death, burial, resurrection and ascension!

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good!

Then, please allow them to become manifest, this very moment, in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, our lives, the lives of those who support us, and for the rest of our days.

HEAR OUR PRAYERS OH, LORD;

Please forgive us our sins of commission as well as those of omission, for all that we have failed to do in comparison to YOUR grace & many blessings!

Dispatch YOUR COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, that we may feel your presence and partake of your power-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR MIGHTY NAME!
In that comfort, please allow us to feel that we are always cared for & owned by you!

Let YOUR SPIRIT guide us as sheep of YOUR pasture.
Help us to recognize YOUR precious voice as the voice of our sole SHEPARD.
As our SHEPARD, please allow YOUR SPIRIT to guide us in the hearing of YOUR WORD, YOUR WAYS AND YOUR DIVINE WILL!

Create within us, clean hearts! and renew right spirits within us!
-THAT WE MAY BE PLEASING IN THY SIGHT & OF USE IN THE FURTHERANCE OF YOUR KINGDOM!

BLESS MICHAEL'S AND THE LIVES OF US ALL LORD, WITH SUCH ABUNDANCE OF WEALTH & GREAT THINGS, that all will marvel & say that such blessings could only come from the existence of A GREAT POWERFUL, WISE & MERCIFUL SAVIOR!

Please bless Michael & those closest to him, even his enemies, that they might view his complete redemption, vindication and receipt of all blessings that we ask/have asked that you bestow upon him!

WE ASK THAT the enemy AND THOSE WHO SEEK AFTER HIS AND OUR POSSESSIONS, LIVES, FREEDOM, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, HEALTH, STRENGTH, JOY, AND REPUTATIONS be defeated and made ashamed!

P-L-E-A-S-E Provide us victory & protection in all areas of our lives, BLESSED SAVIOR.

We pray that their efforts against Michael and us all, be defeated, that his and our victories be made public! Let the whole world will be made aware TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

For Michael, his supporters, and all our loved ones, allow this trial to become yet another stepping stone, toward a new, more powerful, prosperous and free existence!

BEFORE THE EYES OF HIS/OUR ENEMIES, we humbly pray that YOU REPLENISH WHAT HE AND WE MAY HAVE LOST OR TRADED!

These and many other blessings,

we pray,

IN THE SOVEREIGN NAME OF JESUS,

Amen

________________________________________________ ______________

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS!

-A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministries/www.rbc.net

May 16, 2005

Our Very Best

Read:
Ephesians 2:4-10

By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. –Ephesians 2:8

Chilean poet Pablo Neruda was a lonely and unhappy child, with no siblings or friends. One day he was investigating the backyard of his home and discovered a hole in the fence surrounding the yard. Suddenly a small hand reached out toward him from the other side of the fence. Then just as suddenly the hand was gone. On the ground was a small toy sheep.

Pablo ran inside the house and brought back the best thing he had–a pinecone. He set it down in the same spot and ran off with the sheep. That toy lamb became his most cherished possession.

The exchange brought home to him a profound yet simple fact: To know that you are cared for by someone is one of life's greatest gifts. "This small and mysterious exchange of gifts remained inside of me," he said, "deep and indestructible."

Reading this story made me think of God's gift to you and me–His hand reaching out to us with His love that sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins. Salvation is the "deep and indestructible" gift of God, received by grace through faith.

What should our response be to our God's infinite love and grace? Let's give Him in return our very best–our heart. –David Roper

Oh, help me, Lord, to take by grace divine
Yet more and more of that great love of Thine;
That day by day my heart may give to Thee
A deeper love, and grow more constantly. –Mountain

Jesus gave His all for us; are we giving our all for Him?

[I]Ephesians 2:4-10 (New International Version)

4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God– 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.[/I]

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 06:15 AM

way-y-y to-o bles-s-sed to be depressed
motown lady[/align]

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Mon May 16, 2005 5:27 pm

Praying is the best thing we can do 2 show Mikey that we luv him and support him 1000%!!!!! The power of prayer in amazing!!

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Tue May 17, 2005 5:42 am

][align=center]Praise YOU OH LORD GOD! LET YE ALONE BE PRAISED ABOVE ALL OTHERS!

Before the heavens were laid and the mountains were formed, YOU WERE & ARE LORD OVER ALL! We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of mercy and faithfulness

We meekly ask for YOUR forgiveness of our sins, both seen & unseen by others!

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good!

Then, please allow them to become manifest, this very moment, in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, our lives, the lives of those who support us, and for the rest of our days.

Please, throughout our lifetimes, allow us to be guided by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, LORD, to be humble & wise stewards, that all may see our good works and honor YOU!

Grant us a greater measure of faith by which to please You! That we may not doubt or fall away into despair.

-THAT WE MAY BE PLEASING IN THY SIGHT & OF USE IN THE FURTHERANCE OF YOUR KINGDOM

Protect us SAVIOR, from all that will attempt to harm us spritually, physically, emotionally, or imprison us in any way.

Provide victory and deliverance today, LORD GOD! Do this now SAVIOR, for Michael, Harold, his family, and for the rest of all of our days!

BEFORE THE EYES OF HIS/OUR ENEMIES, we humbly pray that YOU REPLENISH WHAT HE AND WE MAY HAVE LOST OR TRADED:

Allow all that has been lost, stolen or traded, to return to us as blessings of prosperity and wealth!

WE ASK THAT the enemy AND THOSE WHO SEEK AFTER HIS AND OUR POSSESSIONS, LIVES, FREEDOM, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, HEALTH, STRENGTH, JOY, AND REPUTATIONS be defeated and made ashamed!
P-L-E-A-S-E Provide us victory & protection in all areas of our lives, BLESSED SAVIOR.

Please bless Michael & those closest to him, even his enemies, that they might view his complete redemption, vindication and receipt of all blessings that we ask/have asked that you bestow upon him!

We ask that YOUR COMFORTER will be with Michael, his family, his witnesses, lawyers, friends, employees and us all, in times of need or distress! That it remain with Michael and all of us, until the day, we pray, he is vindicated & acquitted of all charges!

Please enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

For Michael, his supporters, and all our loved ones, allow this trial to become yet another stepping stone, toward a new, more powerful, prosperous and freer existence!

At our most difficult moments, please allow us to feel YOUR PRESENCE! Fill us with the kind of exuberant joy, that can only come from you!

we pray,

Amen!

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS!

May 17, 2005

Duff Stuff

Read:
Jeremiah 32:16-25

You are . . . mighty in work, for Your eyes are open to all the ways of the sons of men. –Jeremiah 32:19

When something big happens–a blessing or a tragedy–we recognize it immediately and respond with praise or pleadings to God. When we find a long-sought-after job, hear of a loved one coming to Christ, or get bad news from the doctor, we think of God and turn to Him. But in the little things–the routine, the mundane, the details–it's easy for us to overlook that He is working (Jeremiah 32:19).

God is at work in the big and little things of the forest too. The big stuff, which is visible and colorful, is called duff–the partly decayed organic matter of leaves and sticks that covers the forest floor. But if you rake back the duff, you will find all sorts of important little things happening. The soil is rich and dark, and smells of life. It is filled with tiny plants, insects, and a variety of fungi. There under the duff they are performing an important function, for with them God is building the future forest.

The Lord works similarly with His people. Of course His eyes are on the big issues of life. But He's also at work "under the duff" through our everyday activities, preparing us for the significant tasks He has planned for us.

So when the mundane gets you down, thank God for what's under the duff. –Dave Egner

We can give thanks in everything
And say, "Your will be done,"
For God's at work in everything
To make us like His Son. –D. De Haan

Eyes of faith see God at work in everything.

:writing:
Jeremiah 32:16-25 (New International Version)

16 "After I had given the deed of purchase to Baruch son of Neriah, I prayed to the LORD :

17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. 18 You show love to thousands but bring the punishment for the fathers' sins into the laps of their children after them. O great and powerful God, whose name is the LORD Almighty, 19 great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; you reward everyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve. 20 You performed miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt and have continued them to this day, both in Israel and among all mankind, and have gained the renown that is still yours. 21 You brought your people Israel out of Egypt with signs and wonders, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with great terror. 22 You gave them this land you had sworn to give their forefathers, a land flowing with milk and honey. 23 They came in and took possession of it, but they did not obey you or follow your law; they did not do what you commanded them to do. So you brought all this disaster upon them.

24 "See how the siege ramps are built up to take the city. Because of the sword, famine and plague, the city will be handed over to the Babylonians who are attacking it. What you said has happened, as you now see. 25 And though the city will be handed over to the Babylonians, you, O Sovereign LORD, say to me, 'Buy the field with silver and have the transaction witnessed.' "

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 05:33 AM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Wed May 18, 2005 10:12 am

[align=center] "This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it–the LORD is his name:-Jeremiah 33:2

Great & worthy are YOU of all honor & all praise

Please forgive us our sins of commission as well as those of omission, for all that we have failed to do in comparison to YOUR grace & many blessings!

Please FATHER GOD, we humbly submit this reading, :writing: Jeremiah 33:2-9, taken from YOUR HOLY WORD, as our prayer on today:

YOU said in YOUR WORD, HEAVENLY FATHER:

3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

4 For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says about the houses in this city and the royal palaces of Judah that have been torn down to be used against the siege ramps and the sword:
5 in the fight with the Babylonians : 'They will be filled with the dead bodies of the men I will slay in my anger and wrath. I will hide my face from this city because of all its wickedness.
6 " 'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.
7 I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before.
8 I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me.
9 Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.'
:writing:

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, hear, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good!

We ask that YOUR COMFORTER will be with Michael, his family, his witnesses, lawyers, friends, employees and us all, in times of need or distress! That it remain with Michael and all of us, until the day, we pray, he is vindicated & acquitted of all charges!

Please enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as advocates & witnesses on our behalfs, in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

Provide victory and deliverance today, LORD GOD! Do this now SAVIOR, for Michael, Harold, on our behalf, that of our loved ones, and even for the rest of our days!

we pray,

Amen!

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS! :writing:

A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministries/www.rbc.net

May 18, 2005

Recovery

Read:
Jeremiah 33:1-9

I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth. –Jeremiah 33:6

Twenty-five years ago, May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted in one of the greatest natural disasters of modern times. The top of the mountain was blown into the atmosphere and became a dark plume of pulverized rock 11 miles high. At the same time, avalanches of rock, mud, and ice swept down the mountain–destroying everything in their path, clogging rivers, and stopping ships.

During the past quarter of a century, the US government has spent over $1 billion on Mount St. Helens' recovery and long-term improvements of the area. Much of the engineering and construction work done by the US Army Corps of Engineers is unseen because "it takes the form of floods that will not happen, homes and communities that will not be destroyed, [and] river traffic that will flow smoothly."

In this process of recovery, I see a picture of God's forgiveness and healing for the disastrous results of our disobedience. When God allowed His people to be taken captive by the Chaldeans, He promised: "I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth" (Jeremiah 33:6).

True spiritual recovery often takes time. But as we allow the Lord to clean up our lives, He can safeguard us against future failures. –David McCasland

Events may sometimes touch our lives
With change and dire destruction,
But God by grace can heal, restore,
And bring us reconstruction. –Hess

Christ's cleansing power can remove the most stubborn stain of sin.

Jeremiah 33:1-9 (New International Version)

Jeremiah 33
Promise of Restoration
1 While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the word of the LORD came to him a second time: 2 "This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it–the LORD is his name: 3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' 4 For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says about the houses in this city and the royal palaces of Judah that have been torn down to be used against the siege ramps and the sword 5 in the fight with the Babylonians : 'They will be filled with the dead bodies of the men I will slay in my anger and wrath. I will hide my face from this city because of all its wickedness.
6 " 'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. 7 I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. 8 I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. 9 Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.'

Footnotes:

Jeremiah 33:5 Or Chaldeans
Jeremiah 33:7 Or will restore the fortunes of Judah and Israel
[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Thu May 19, 2005 8:11 am

[[align=center]YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY ! PRAISE YOUR HOLY & RIGHTEOUS NAME!

Today, we bow at YOUR THRONE OF GRACE..........

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, hear, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good!

Then, please allow them to become manifest, this very moment, in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, our lives, the lives of those who support us, and for the rest of our days!

Have mercy upon us, as YOU did upon Hezekiah:

2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, 3 "Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

4 Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the LORD came to him: 5 "Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of my people, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal
you.

Please HEAR OUR PRAYERS OH, LORD:

PLease forgive us our sins.
Guide our spirits in the forgiveness of both ourselves and others!

-THAT WE MAY BE PLEASING IN THY SIGHT & OF USE IN THE FURTHERANCE OF YOUR KINGDOM

Please, throughout our lifetimes, allow us to be comforted & guided by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, LORD. To be wise & humble stewards; that all may see our good works and honor YOU!

Please bless Michael & those closest to him, even his enemies, that they might view his complete; redemption, acquittal, vindication and receipt of all blessings that we ask/have asked that you bestow upon him!

We pray that their efforts against Michael and us all, be defeated, that his and our victories be made public! Let the whole world will be made aware TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Please enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as advocates & witnesses on our behalfs, in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and triumph over the moans of our accusers!

Time is not ours LORD, but YOURS; we have not, except for what YOU choose to provide & reveal to us in YOUR mercy:

Grant us : joy eternal, peace, health, prosperity, redemption, more grace, mercy & wisdom. Allow us to be abundantly blessed in all areas of our lives-TO YOUR GLORY!

Surround us: with love, kindness, generous spirits, true friends & advocates empowered by YOUR spirit, that together we may touch and agree in prayer!
- TO YOUR GLORY and the futherance of YOUR KINGDOM!

In the MIGHTY NAME OF THE 1 SOVEREIGN LORD, & that of YOUR SON; CHRIST JESUS,

Again, we pray,

Amen

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS! :writing:

May 19, 2005

Doing Our Part

Read:
2 Kings 20:1-7

I have heard your prayer . . . ; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord. –2 Kings 20:5

Points To Ponder:

How does the truth of today's article apply to illness?
To receiving a job promotion? To social evils?
To final exams? To increasing faith?

A runner at a school track meet crossed the finish line just ahead of his nearest rival. A bystander, noticing that the winner's lips were moving during the last couple of laps, wondered what he was saying. So he asked him about it. "I was praying," the runner answered. Pointing to his feet, he said, "I was saying, 'You pick 'em up, Lord, and I'll put 'em down.'" That athlete prayed for God's help, but he also did what he could to answer his own prayer.

When we ask God for help, we must be willing to do whatever we can, using whatever means He gives. When Hezekiah heard that he was going to die, he prayed for a miracle, and God promised to extend his life 15 years. Then Isaiah gave instructions to place a lump of figs on the troublesome boil (2 Kings 20:5-7). God did the healing, but He used human effort and natural means.

A couple of children were walking to school one morning when it suddenly dawned on them that unless they really hurried they were going to be late. One of them suggested that they stop and pray that they wouldn't be tardy. "No," the other replied, "let's pray while we run as fast as we can."

When we ask the Lord to do something, we must also be ready to do our part. –Richard De Haan

Pray as if everything depends on God; work as if everything depends on you.

2 Kings 20:1-7 (New International Version) :writing: :wink

2 Kings 20
Hezekiah's Illness

1 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, "This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover."
. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the LORD. 6 I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.' "

7 Then Isaiah said, "Prepare a poultice of figs." They did so and applied it to the boil, and he recovered.

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 07:41 AM[/align]

LAUREL22
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by LAUREL22 » Thu May 19, 2005 6:36 pm

OK!
I POST A THREAD ABOUT MICHAEL'S CASE RESTING NEXT WEEK.
AND I SAID TO PRAY ABOUT IT CUZ IT IS CRUCIAL.
BUT FOR SOME REASON IT IS BEIND DELIBARATELY DELETE.
I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY THIS LACK OF RESPECT IN THIS FORUM. TOWARDS PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Thu May 19, 2005 7:59 pm

NICE!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup..........

Had to say it that many times!!! :D