DAILY PRAYERS FOR MICHAEL

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Thu May 19, 2005 8:03 pm

Originally posted by LAUREL22
OK!
I POST A THREAD ABOUT MICHAEL'S CASE RESTING NEXT WEEK.
AND I SAID TO PRAY ABOUT IT CUZ IT IS CRUCIAL.
BUT FOR SOME REASON IT IS BEIND DELIBARATELY DELETE.
I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED BY THIS LACK OF RESPECT IN THIS FORUM. TOWARDS PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.
Really? :nonono: Because I jst posted one saying the same thing! Let's C wat happens!!! KIT

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Thu May 19, 2005 8:30 pm

Guess wat, Laurel22?

The thread that I posted was also closed!! Yeah. Well, I'm ok w/ it 'cause (1) there's 'nottin I can do and (2) the defense hasn't confirmed it and ...we shuld wait until we hear froma RELIABLE source. Not 2 say I don't trust MSNBC, but I don't trust the prosecution, know wat I mean? Ok, bye. :D

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Fri May 20, 2005 8:05 am

[align=center]Praise YOU OH LORD GOD! LET YE ALONE BE PRAISED ABOVE ALL OTHERS!

Before the heavens were laid and the mountains were formed, YOU WERE & ARE LORD OVER ALL! We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of YOUR mercy & grace on our behalf!

GREAT IS THY faithfulness and loving kindness!

With full acknowledgment of the authority YOU alone possess, again we humbly touch and agree in prayer! Please extend YOUR mighty hand of power over all of the prayers, requests, positive thoughts and affirmations that have already been expressed!

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, hear, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good!

Then, please allow them to become manifest, this very moment, in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, our lives, the lives of those who support us, and for the rest of our days!

MASTER, please forgive us our sins of commission as well as those of omission, for all that we have failed to do in comparison to YOUR grace & many blessings!
Guide our spirits in the forgiveness of both ourselves and others!

Please, throughout our lifetimes, allow us to be comforted & guided by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, LORD. To be wise & humble stewards; that all may see our good works and honor YOU!

With heads humbly bowed we ask that you allow YOUR COMFORTER, the HOLY SPIRIT, to remain our constant companion & to offer daily guidance and support: Allow it SAVIOR, to ensure our protection from loneliness. To place within us remembrances of YOUR grace & power; that in difficult times we may have joy & offer praise unto YOU rather than doubt!

Let YOUR SPIRIT fall upon us, and in result; receive the power You promised would be ours by the presence of YOUR HOLY SPIRIT!

Grant us a greater measure of faith by which to please You! That we may not doubt or fall away into despair.

Open doors for us that others said were impossible, and allow us to enter into blessings! That men may see YOUR great works in us and call You blessed!

Close the door on our past offenses, restore our reputations, but keep the lessons learned in our consciousness, that our lives may be open to new opportunities.

Enable and equip us to become wiser and more obedient stewards, that we may be pleasing in YOUR sight!

Protect & uphold our sprirts, loved ones and possessions:

Enfold us in blessings of love, grace, joy, health & abundance, in the faces of our enemies and accusers! - ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Let our countenance reflect that we are indeed owned of A GREAT AND POWERFUL GOD!
-ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Cast us not aside but allow us to inherit and partake of YOUR many blessings!
- ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

Then please deliver us LORD! Show us mercy and save us from those who seek to cause harm, injury or to imprison us, (in any way)!
- ALL TO THE GORY OF YOUR NAME!

Strengthen us to become YOUR powerful witnesses.

Please enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!
-ALL TO THE GLORY OF YOUR HOLY NAME!

Surround us: with love, kindness, generous spirits, true friends & advocates empowered by YOUR spirit, that together we may touch and agree in prayer!
- TO YOUR GLORY and the futherance of YOUR KINGDOM!

Provide victory and deliverance today, LORD GOD! Do this now SAVIOR, for Michael, Harold, his family, and for the rest of all of our days!

For Michael, his supporters, and all our loved ones; we ask YOU, not only for his complete acquittal, but his complete vindication! Please allow this trial to become yet another stepping stone, toward a new, more powerful, prosperous and freer existence!

BEFORE THE EYES OF HIS/OUR ENEMIES, we humbly pray that YOU REPLENISH WHAT HE AND WE MAY HAVE LOST OR TRADED:

Allow all that has been lost, stolen or traded, to return to us as blessings of prosperity and wealth!-ALL TO AND FOR THE GLORY OF THY KINGDOM!

These and many other blessings,

we ask,

IN THE SOVEREIGN NAME OF JESUS,

Amen!

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS! :writing:

May 20, 2005

Money Matters

Read:
Luke 16:1-13

No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. –Luke 16:13

Godfrey Davis, who wrote a biography of the Duke of Wellington, said, "I found an old account ledger that showed how the Duke spent his money. It was a far better clue to what he thought was really important than the reading of his letters or speeches."

How we handle money reveals much about our priorities. That's why Jesus often talked about money. One-sixth of the Gospels' content, including one out of every three parables, touches on stewardship. Jesus wasn't a fundraiser. He dealt with money matters because money matters. For some of us, though, it matters too much.

Jesus warned that we can become slaves to money. We may not think that money means more to us than God does. But Jesus did not say we must serve God more than we serve money. The issue isn't what occupies first place in our life, but whether we serve money at all. Pastor and author George Buttrick said, "Of all the masters the soul can choose, there are at last only two–God and money. All choices, however small, however the alternatives may be disguised, are but variants of this choice."

Does your checkbook show that Jesus is the Master in your life? –Haddon Robinson

If we pursue mere earthly gain,
We choose a path that ends in pain;
But joy and peace are in our soul
When we pursue a heavenly goal. –D. De Haan

For a quick check on your heart, check out your checkbook.

Luke 16:1-13 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Luke 16

The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
1Jesus told his disciples: "There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2So he called him in and asked him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.'
3"The manager said to himself, 'What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I'm not strong enough to dig, and I'm ashamed to beg– 4I know what I'll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.'

5"So he called in each one of his master's debtors. He asked the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'

6" 'Eight hundred gallons of olive oil,' he replied.
"The manager told him, 'Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred.'

7"Then he asked the second, 'And how much do you owe?'
" 'A thousand bushels of wheat,' he replied.
"He told him, 'Take your bill and make it eight hundred.'

8"The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?

13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
:writing:
Footnotes:

Luke 16:6 Greek one hundred batous (probably about 3 kiloliters)
Luke 16:7 Greek one hundred korous (probably about 35 kiloliters)

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 07:33 AM[/align]
:wink born & raised to be a motown lady:8-26-03respect:

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Sat May 21, 2005 4:28 pm

[align=center]DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER

Again, we thank YOU for YOUR INFINITE LOVE & GRACE toward us.

Praise YOU for YOUR extraordinary gift of love on behalf of our salvation; YOUR SON, CHRIST JESUS!

With full acknowledgment of the authority YOU alone possess, again we humbly touch and agree in prayer! Please extend YOUR mighty hand of power over all of the prayers, requests, positive thoughts and affirmations that have already been expressed!

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, hear, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good! Then, please allow them to become manifest, this very moment, in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, our lives, the lives of those who support us, and for the rest of our days!

HEAR OUR PRAYERS OH, LORD:

BLESSED LORD, in YOUR work to fix us as YOU would have us to be; please deal with us gently and mercifully!

Please forgive us our sins of commission as well as those of omission, for all that we have failed to do in comparison to YOUR grace & many blessings!

Dispatch YOUR COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, that we may feel your presence and partake of your power-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR MIGHTY NAME!
In that comfort, please allow us to feel that we are always cared for & owned by you!

Let YOUR SPIRIT guide us as sheep of YOUR pasture.
Help us to recognize YOUR precious voice as the voice of our sole SHEPARD.
As our SHEPARD, please allow YOUR SPIRIT to guide us in the hearing of YOUR WORD, YOUR WAYS AND YOUR DIVINE WILL!

With heads humbly bowed we ask that you allow YOUR COMFORTER, the HOLY SPIRIT, to remain our constant companion & to offer daily guidance and support: Allow it SAVIOR, to ensure our protection from loneliness. To place within us remembrances of YOUR grace & power; that in difficult times, we may have joy & offer praise unto YOU! Rather than to doubt under influence of the enemy!

Create within us, clean hearts! and renew right spirits within us!
-THAT WE MAY BE PLEASING IN THY SIGHT & OF USE IN THE FURTHERANCE OF YOUR KINGDOM!

BLESS MICHAEL'S AND THE LIVES OF US ALL LORD, WITH SUCH ABUNDANCE OF WEALTH & GREAT THINGS, that all will marvel & say that such blessings could only come from the existence of A GREAT POWERFUL, WISE & MERCIFUL SAVIOR!

P-L-E-A-S-E Provide us victory & protection in all areas of our lives, BLESSED SAVIOR:
WE ASK THAT the enemy AND THOSE WHO SEEK AFTER HIS AND OUR POSSESSIONS, LIVES, FREEDOM, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, HEALTH, STRENGTH, JOY, AND REPUTATIONS be defeated and made ashamed!

BEFORE THE EYES OF HIS/OUR ENEMIES, we humbly pray that YOU REPLENISH WHAT HE AND WE MAY HAVE LOST OR TRADED:

Please bless Michael & those closest to him, even his enemies, that they might view; his complete redemption, acquittal of all charges, vindication of all accusations, and receipt of all blessings that we ask/have asked that you bestow upon him!

Allow his and our victories be made public!
Let the whole world will be made aware and all celebrate along side us in victory & praise unto you -TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

For Michael, his supporters, and all our loved ones, allow this trial to become yet another stepping stone, toward a new, more powerful, prosperous and freer existence!

we pray,

Amen!

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS! :writing:

May 21 2005

Short & Full Of Trouble

Read:
Genesis 47:1-10

Jacob said to Pharaoh, ". . . Few and evil have been the days of the years of my life." –Genesis 47:9

Jacob's life was full of trials. And as it was for the old patriarch, so it is for us. Life buffets and restricts us, makes demands on us that we do not want to bear. Yet even the most unjust, undeserved, and pointless suffering is an opportunity for us to respond in a way that our Lord can turn us into His own likeness. We can take joy in our trials, because we know that adversity is working to make us "perfect and complete, lacking nothing" (James 1:3-4). But this takes time.

We want the quick fix, but there are no shortcuts that can accomplish God's ultimate purpose for us. The only way to grow into Christ's likeness is to submit each day to the conditions God brings into our lives. As we accept His will and submit to His ways, His holiness becomes ours. Gradually but inexorably, God's Spirit begins to turn us into kinder, gentler men and women–sturdier, stronger, more secure and sensible. The process is mysterious and inexplicable, but it is God's way of endowing us with grace and beauty. Progress is inevitable.

As Ruth Bell Graham puts it, may God give us grace "to bear the heat of cleansing flame, not bitter at our lot, but mete to bear our share of suffering and keep sweet, in Jesus' name."
–David Roper
Give me, Father, a purpose deep,
In joy or sorrow Thy trust to keep;
And so through trouble, care, and strife,
Glorify Thee in my daily life. –Bell

God often empties our hands to fill our heart.

FOR FURTHER STUDY
Why Would A Good God Allow Suffering?

Genesis 47:1-10 (New International Version) :writing:

Genesis 47
1 Joseph went and told Pharaoh, "My father and brothers, with their flocks and herds and everything they own, have come from the land of Canaan and are now in Goshen." 2 He chose five of his brothers and presented them before Pharaoh.

3 Pharaoh asked the brothers, "What is your occupation?"
"Your servants are shepherds," they replied to Pharaoh, "just as our fathers were." 4 They also said to him, "We have come to live here awhile, because the famine is severe in Canaan and your servants' flocks have no pasture. So now, please let your servants settle in Goshen."

5 Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Your father and your brothers have come to you, 6 and the land of Egypt is before you; settle your father and your brothers in the best part of the land. Let them live in Goshen. And if you know of any among them with special ability, put them in charge of my own livestock."

7 Then Joseph brought his father Jacob in and presented him before Pharaoh. After Jacob blessed [a] Pharaoh, 8 Pharaoh asked him, "How old are you?"

9 And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The years of my pilgrimage are a hundred and thirty. My years have been few and difficult, and they do not equal the years of the pilgrimage of my fathers." 10 Then Jacob blessed Pharaoh and went out from his presence.[/align]
:wink :writing:
Footnotes:

Genesis 47:7 Or greeted
Genesis 47:10 Or said farewell to

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 04:12 PM

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Sun May 22, 2005 9:59 pm

[align=center]Praise YOU OH LORD GOD! LET YE ALONE BE PRAISED ABOVE ALL OTHERS!

Before the heavens were laid and the mountains were formed, YOU WERE & ARE LORD OVER ALL!

We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of YOUR mercy & grace on our behalf!

GREAT IS THY faithfulness and loving kindness!

PRAISE YOU FOR THE REASON THAT YOU ARE GOD ALONE!

Please MASTER, in accordance with YOUR infinite wisdom, hear, approve and restructure our requests. Cause whatever may not be 'good' to work out for our good! Then, please allow them to become manifest, this very moment, in the lives of Michael, Harold, their loved ones, our loved ones, our lives, the lives of those who support us, and for the rest of our days!

HEAR OUR PRAYERS OH, LORD:

Allow YOUR HOLY SPIRIT to rain down upon us, on this, the day of YOUR SABBATH, providing us with YOUR presence, comfort, guidance & protection.

Allow it to inspire love, joy & rejoicing within us always! Even in times of trial or sorrow as we await victory!

Grant us a greater measure of faith by which to please You! That we may not doubt or fall away into despair.

Strengthen us LORD to resist the devil that he will flee from us!
Protect us SAVIOR, from all that will attempt to harm us spritually, physically, emotionally, or imprison us in any way.

YOU ALONE know what we are in need of before we ask of it. Inspite of our faults and sins, please show continued mercy and grace toward us!

Provide us with victory, vindication redemption, love, prosperity, health & the gift of healing, sound mind & judgement, DEAR SAVIOR! Inspite of the attempts against us by our enemies and adversaries.-TO THE GLORY OF GOD!

BLESS MICHAEL'S AND THE LIVES OF US ALL LORD, WITH SUCH ABUNDANCE OF WEALTH & GREAT THINGS, that all will marvel & say that such blessings could only come from the existence of A GREAT POWERFUL, WISE & MERCIFUL SAVIOR!

Please bless us-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR KINGDOM!

In the MIGHTY NAME OF THE 1 SOVEREIGN LORD, & that of YOUR SON; CHRIST JESUS,

Again, we pray,

Amen

May 22, 2005

What Does God Like?

Read:
Ephesians 5:15-21

Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs. –Ephesians 5:18-19

Some churches have become divided over styles of worship. One group may be insisting on a traditional service, while another is agitating for a more contemporary format.

We can all profit from a lesson a man learned on a business trip after attending a church service near his hotel. He talked with the pastor about how he had been blessed by the sermon, even though some of the worship time was not to his liking.

The pastor simply asked, "What was it you think God didn't like?" The man had the grace to reply, "I don't suppose there was anything He didn't like. I was talking about my own reaction. But worship isn't really about me, is it?"

We are entitled to our own preferences, and we must hold firmly to our biblical convictions. But before we voice our fault-finding opinions, let's seriously try to understand God's viewpoint. Consider Ephesians 5 in the light of worship: We are to be filled with the Spirit, speak to each other in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, give thanks to God, and submit to one another (vv.19,21).

Whatever the style of worship, as we express to God our praise for who He is and all He has done, we lift Him up and encourage others. That's what God likes. –Vernon Grounds

Let us celebrate together,
Lift our voice in one accord,
Singing of God's grace and mercy
And the goodness of the Lord. –Sper

At the heart of worship is worship from the heart.

Ephesians 5:15-21 (New International Version)

15Be very careful, then, how you live–not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. 19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. :writing: :wink

21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 09:53 PM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Mon May 23, 2005 12:20 pm

" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

MASTER, please forgive us our sins of commission as well as those of omission, for all that we have failed to do in comparison to YOUR grace & many blessings!
Guide our spirits in the forgiveness of both ourselves and others!

-THAT WE MAY BE PLEASING IN THY SIGHT & OF USE IN THE FURTHERANCE OF YOUR KINGDOM!

BLESSED LORD, in YOUR work to fix us as YOU would have us to be; please deal with us gently and mercifully!

Let our countenance reflect that we are indeed owned of A GREAT AND POWERFUL GOD!

Dispatch YOUR COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, that we may feel your presence and partake of your power-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR MIGHTY NAME!
In that comfort, please allow us to feel that we are always cared for & owned by you!

With heads humbly bowed we ask that you allow YOUR COMFORTER, the HOLY SPIRIT, to remain our constant companion & to offer daily guidance and support: Allow it SAVIOR, to ensure our protection from loneliness. To place within us remembrances of YOUR grace & power; that in difficult times, we may have joy & offer praise unto YOU! Rather than to doubt under influence of the enemy!

LORD, enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that ACQUIT, vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

P-L-E-A-S-E Provide us victory & protection in all areas of our lives, BLESSED SAVIOR:
WE ASK THAT the enemy AND THOSE WHO SEEK AFTER HIS AND OUR POSSESSIONS, LIVES, FREEDOM, CHILDREN, FAMILIES, HEALTH, STRENGTH, JOY, AND REPUTATIONS be defeated and made ashamed!

Please bless Michael & those closest to him, even his enemies, that they might view; his complete redemption, acquittal of all charges, vindication of all accusations, and receipt of all blessings that we ask/have asked that you bestow upon him!

Surround us: with love, kindness, generous spirits, true friends & advocates empowered by YOUR spirit, that together we may touch and agree in prayer!

Let the whole world will be made aware and all celebrate along side us in victory & praise unto you -TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

we ask,

Amen
!

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS!

-A reading from OUR DAILY BREAD/RBC Ministries/www.rbc.net

May 23, 2005

"I Will Be Good"

Read:
1 Samuel 15:10-23

Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord? –1 Samuel 15:19

When Queen Victoria was a child, she didn't realize that she was in line for the throne of England. Her instructors, trying to prepare her for the future, were frustrated because they couldn't motivate her. She just didn't take her studies seriously. Finally, her teachers decided to tell her that one day she would become the queen of England. Upon hearing this, Victoria quietly said, "Then I will be good." The realization that she had inherited this high calling gave her a sense of responsibility that profoundly affected her conduct from that day forward.

Our Scripture reading for today tells how Saul had been chosen from among the people of Israel as their anointed king (1 Samuel 15:17). Almighty God had honored him greatly in giving him this position as leader of His special nation. But Saul didn't think about the kind of attitude that should accompany his high calling. If he had, he would not have pounced on the loot of battle as if he were the leader of an outlaw band (v.19).

As believers, we are children of God and joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:16-17). We have a noble calling. Let's always keep in mind who we are. This will help us to say, as young Victoria said, "I will be good." –Herb Vander Lugt

O Lord, you see what's in my heart,
There's nothing hid from You;
So help me live the kind of life
That's honest, good, and true. –D. De Haan

A child of the King will want to display the manners of the court.

1 Samuel 15:10-23 (New International Version) :wink :writing:

10 Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel: 11 "I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions." Samuel was troubled, and he cried out to the LORD all that night.

12 Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, "Saul has gone to Carmel. There he has set up a monument in his own honor and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal."

13 When Samuel reached him, Saul said, "The LORD bless you! I have carried out the LORD's instructions."

14 But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?"

15 Saul answered, "The soldiers brought them from the Amalekites; they spared the best of the sheep and cattle to sacrifice to the LORD your God, but we totally destroyed the rest."

16 "Stop!" Samuel said to Saul. "Let me tell you what the LORD said to me last night."
"Tell me," Saul replied.

17 Samuel said, "Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The LORD anointed you king over Israel. 18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, 'Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.' 19 Why did you not obey the LORD ? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the LORD ?"

20 "But I did obey the LORD," Saul said. "I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal."

22 But Samuel replied:
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the LORD,
he has rejected you as king." :writing:

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Tue May 24, 2005 11:20 am

[align=center]ALL MIGHTY FATHER; CREATOR OF ALL

The earth is YOURS and the fullness thereof!
All power is in THINE hands!

ALL PRAISE BE UNTO YOU, SIMPLY BECAUSE OF ALL THAT YOU ARE!

We humbly submit to YOUR authority, we ask redemption of our tresspasses,
and request that YOUR mercy continue to abide with us:

16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
-2Tim 3:16-17

ALL MIGHTY LORD PLEASE ALLOW ALL PROMISES RELATING TO YOUR COMFORTER, THAT YOU IN MERCY TOWARD US LEFT TO ABIDE WITH US, BEFORE YOUR HOLY ASCENSION, NOW FALL UPON MICHAEL, HAROLD, THEIR LOVED ONES, OUR LOVED ONES & OURSELVES.....

14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it,-2Tim 3:14. :writing:

PLEASE BLESS MICHAEL & US ALL WITH COMPLETE & FULL REDEMPTION; GRACE, MERCY, PEACE, JOY, HEALTH, VICTORY ACQUTTAL AND VINDICATION OVER ALL CHARGES AND ACCUSATIONS MADE AGAINST US.

We ask that YOU hide us from those who mean us evil-to protect us from all harm and danger:

PLEASE SAVIOR.... PROTECT HIS MIND, BODY & SOUL FROM ALL THREATS, DANGER AND CONSPIRACIES MOUNTED AGAINST HIM!
We ask that YOU wrap a veil of protection around us, those who both represent us and witness on our behalfs -to confuse his and our enemies!

LORD, equip, enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that ACQUIT, vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

Please let not discouragement or doubt take hold of his soul! Make his & our souls worthy! Place within us remembrances of YOUR grace & power; that in difficult times, we may have joy & offer praise unto YOU! Rather than to doubt under influence of the enemy!

LORD we pray that YOU prop us up on wings of angles-that he and we may, in faith, soar above the traps laid for us by our enemies. DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER, we ask that YOU encamp YOUR angels around us to keep watch over us & those closest to us.

BEFORE HIS ENEMIES, AND OUR ENEMIES; IN YOU MAY WE BE LIFTED UP AND MADE TO PROSPER ABUNDANTLY!- THAT ALL MAY MARVEL AT YOUR POWER, YOUR GREAT & WONDEROUS WORKS.

PLEASE, LET US NOT BE FORCED TO MAKE ONE MOVE BY OUR ENEMIES OR ADVERSARIES, BUT RATHER ALLOW OUR STEPS BE ORDERED IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR WAY AND OUR VOICES RISE TO CALL YOU BLESSED ABOVE ALL CREATION!

OH, LORD of David,
Let every snare set by our enemies & adversaries, become their own dwelling places for time enough for our escape! -Let our enemies be made ashamed!

IN ALL THINGS GREAT AND SMALL,
MAY THE GLORY BE YOURS....
NOW& FOREVERMORE...

IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS WE PRAY, IN THE NAME OF

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

May 24, 2005

Change The Word?

Read:
2 Timothy 3

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable. –2 Timothy 3:16

The Bible, God's written Word, changes lives. Its message of salvation makes the most profound change, of course, but Scripture can also change the way we treat others. It can provide a firm foundation for society with its clear teachings on institutions such as marriage, family, and the church.

But what happens when what the Bible clearly says–as understood for centuries by learned believers and scholars alike–is rejected? Those who reject its teachings try to change the Word.

Two Greek words can help explain this: eisegesis and exegesis. Eisegesis is the process of reading into a passage something that is not there–inserting a meaning that flows from a personal agenda. By contrast, exegesis means drawing from the passage the clearly intended meaning, using context, other Scripture passages on the same topic, and legitimate tools of understanding such as Bible commentaries.

Instead of trying to change God's Word to fit our own ideas, let's allow the Word to change us. As we read His Word and obey it, the Holy Spirit will transform us into the kind of people God wants us to be.

Don't change the Word–let it change you. –Dave Branon

The Lord has given man His Word,
His will He has made known;
Let man not try to change that Word
With words that are his own. –D. De Haan

The Bible–eternal truth and never-fading beauty.

2 Timothy 3 (New International Version)

2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God– 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth–men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

Paul's Charge to Timothy

10You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11persecutions, sufferings–what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work
:wink :writing:[/align]

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 11:05 AM

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Wed May 25, 2005 10:33 am

[align=center]'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

We ask, this day, for forgiveness of our sins, and that you will redeem us, yet once again!

YOU ALONE know what we are in need of before we ask of it. Inspite of our faults and sins, please show continued mercy and grace toward us!

ALL MIGHTY LORD PLEASE ALLOW ALL PROMISES RELATING TO YOUR COMFORTER, THAT YOU IN MERCY TOWARD US LEFT TO ABIDE WITH US, BEFORE YOUR HOLY ASCENSION, NOW FALL UPON MICHAEL, HAROLD, THEIR LOVED ONES, OUR LOVED ONES & OURSELVES.....

Please, throughout our lifetimes, allow us to be comforted & guided by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, LORD. To be wise & humble stewards; that all may see our good works and honor YOU!

With heads humbly bowed we ask that you allow YOUR COMFORTER, the HOLY SPIRIT, to remain our constant companion & to offer daily guidance and support: Allow it SAVIOR, to ensure our protection from loneliness. To place within us remembrances of YOUR grace & power; that in difficult times we may have joy & offer praise unto YOU rather than doubt!

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. –Psalm 37:4 ; :wink :writing:

Please let not discouragement or doubt take hold of his soul! Make his & our souls worthy! Place within us remembrances of YOUR grace & power; that in difficult times, we may have joy & offer praise unto YOU! Rather than to doubt under influence of the enemy!

Protect us SAVIOR, from all that will attempt to harm us spritually, physically, emotionally, or imprison us in any way.

Provide us all with victory, vindication redemption, love, prosperity, health & the gift of healing, sound mind & judgement, DEAR SAVIOR! Inspite of the attempts against us by our enemies and adversaries.-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

BLESS MICHAEL'S AND THE LIVES OF US ALL LORD, WITH A COMPLETE ACQUITAL & SUCH ABUNDANCE OF WEALTH & GREAT THINGS, that all will marvel & say that such blessings could only come from the existence of A GREAT POWERFUL, WISE & MERCIFUL SAVIOR!

PLEASE SAVIOR.... PROTECT HIS MIND, BODY & SOUL FROM ALL THREATS, DANGER AND CONSPIRACIES MOUNTED AGAINST HIM!
We ask that YOU wrap a veil of protection around us, those who both represent us and witness on our behalfs -to confuse his and our enemies:

PLEASE, LET US NOT BE FORCED TO MAKE ONE MOVE BY OUR ENEMIES OR ADVERSARIES, BUT RATHER ALLOW OUR STEPS BE ORDERED IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR WAY AND OUR VOICES RISE TO CALL YOU BLESSED ABOVE ALL CREATION!

LORD, equip, enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that ACQUIT, vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

Among the onlookers of this, we ask that your spirit reign LORD!
As YOU bless, ACQUIT & vindicate him, we ask that they be force to acknowlege YOUR works, on his behalf!

In the MIGHTY NAME OF YOUR SON, JESUS,
we pray,

To THINE BE THE POWER & THE GLORY,
NOW AND FOREVER MORE......

Amen

May 25, 2005

Frustrating Promises

Read:
Psalm 37:1-24

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. –Psalm 37:4 :wink :writing:

Do any Bible promises frustrate you? Some people say that Psalm 37:4 is a guarantee that you'll get whatever you want–a spouse, a job, money. This has made me wonder at times, Why don't I have what I want?

When a promise frustrates us because it seems that God is not fulfilling it, maybe it's because we don't understand what the verse really means. Here are three suggestions to help, using Psalm 37 as an example:

Consider the context. Psalm 37 is telling us not to worry or be envious of the wicked. Our focus is not to be on what they have, nor on what they seem to be getting away with (vv.12-13). Instead, we are commanded to trust and delight in the Lord (vv.3-4).

Consider other verses. We're taught in 1 John 5:14 that our requests need to be according to God's will for us. Other Scriptures on the same topic can give us a balance.

Consult a Bible commentary. In The Treasury of David, C. H. Spurgeon says this about verse 4: "[Those] who delight in God desire or ask for nothing but what will please God." Doing a little deeper study can help us understand frustrating Bible verses like this one.

As we learn to delight in the Lord, His desires will become our own and He will grant them. –Anne Cetas

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God. –Carter

You can't break God's promises by leaning on them.

Psalm 37:1-24 (New International Version) :writing:

Psalm 37
Of David.
1 [a] Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret–it leads only to evil.

9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.

11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.

12 The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;

13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he knows their day is coming.

14 The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.

15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.

16 Better the little that the righteous have
than the wealth of many wicked;

17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
but the LORD upholds the righteous.

18 The days of the blameless are known to the LORD,
and their inheritance will endure forever.

19 In times of disaster they will not wither;
in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.

20 But the wicked will perish:
The LORD's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields,
they will vanish–vanish like smoke.

21 The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously;

22 those the LORD blesses will inherit the land,
but those he curses will be cut off.

23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;

24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Footnotes:

Psalm 37:1 This psalm is an acrostic poem, the stanzas of which begin with the successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet.

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 10:08 AM[/align]

A.Beautiful.Mind

Post by A.Beautiful.Mind » Wed May 25, 2005 10:55 am

Why didn't I see this thread sooner :(

Thank you so much, Motown Lady. Much appreciated :)
[align=center]

Michael Jackson
[/align]

[align=center]Planet Earth, gentle and blue

With all my heart, I love you.[/align]

[align=center]I LOVE YOU[/align]

[align=center]Justice has Prevailed

http://insideabeautifulmind.blogspot.com/[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Thu May 26, 2005 12:10 pm

OH MIGHTY CONQUEROR; SOVEREIGN KING!

Before the heavens were laid and the mountains were formed, YOU WERE & ARE LORD OVER ALL!

We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of mercy and faithfulness!

Please forgive us our many trespasses and help us to forgive both ourselves & others. Please FATHER, continue to bless us, inspite of our failures and shortcomings!

Provide us all with complete ACQUITAL in the face of our accusers; victory, vindication, redemption, love, prosperity, health & the gift of healing, sound mind & judgement, DEAR SAVIOR! Allow us to prosper inspite of the attempts against us by our enemies and adversaries.-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

BLESS MICHAEL'S AND THE LIVES OF US ALL LORD, WITH A COMPLETE ACQUITAL & SUCH ABUNDANCE OF WEALTH & GREAT THINGS, that all will marvel & say that such blessings could only come from the existence of A GREAT POWERFUL, WISE & MERCIFUL SAVIOR!

We ask that YOU wrap a veil of protection around us, those who both represent us and witness on our behalfs -to confuse his and our enemies:

LORD, equip, enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses, (both for & against us), to speak on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that ACQUIT, vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

Please LORD, we pray you will; BE THE SAME MIGHTY CONQUEROR KNOWN TO DAVID & JOSHUA by allowing blessings of ACQUITTAL & vindication, as complete as only YOU can provide! Among the onlookers of this, we ask that your spirit reign LORD! we ask that they be force to acknowlege YOUR great works, on his & our behalf!

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

MAY THE LORD ADD A BLESSING TO THE READING OF HIS HOLY WORD FOR THE EDIFICATION OF OUR SOULS!

May 26, 2005

For Now And Forever

Read:
Ezekiel 33:23-33

Receive with meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls. –James 1:21

Cold terror gripped the heart of a soldier as mortar rounds whistled overhead, rifles cracked, and the enemy closed in. Suddenly he felt ripping pains as a bullet tore into his chest and arm. Yet it wasn't the end for this soldier. According to an article in The New York Times, the bullet was slowed by a New Testament he was carrying in his shirt pocket. Years later, the young man still treasured the blood-stained book with the ragged hole through the middle. He believes it saved his life.

This is a nice story, but it says nothing about the life-saving spiritual help the Bible was designed to give. In Ezekiel 33, we read that the ancient Israelites used the words of the prophets to make them feel good but not to change their lives. They misused God's promises to Abraham to support their own claim to the land (v.24). They found pleasure in listening to the words of the prophet (v.30), yet the Lord said to Ezekiel, "They hear your words, but they do not do them" (v.31). The result? They came under divine judgment.

Then as now, God's Word is not to be cherished as a good-luck charm or to soothe the mind by bringing temporary relief from anxiety. It was given to be obeyed so that its help would not be only for this life–but forever. –Mart De Haan

Thy Word is a lamp to my feet,
A light to my path alway,
To guide and to save me from sin
And show me the heavenly way. –Sellers
© Renewal 1936, Broadman Press

We don't really know the Bible until we obey the Bible.

Ezekiel 33:23-33 (New International Version) :wink :writing:

23 Then the word of the LORD came to me: 24 "Son of man, the people living in those ruins in the land of Israel are saying, 'Abraham was only one man, yet he possessed the land. But we are many; surely the land has been given to us as our possession.' 25 Therefore say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Since you eat meat with the blood still in it and look to your idols and shed blood, should you then possess the land? 26 You rely on your sword, you do detestable things, and each of you defiles his neighbor's wife. Should you then possess the land?'

27 "Say this to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: As surely as I live, those who are left in the ruins will fall by the sword, those out in the country I will give to the wild animals to be devoured, and those in strongholds and caves will die of a plague. 28 I will make the land a desolate waste, and her proud strength will come to an end, and the mountains of Israel will become desolate so that no one will cross them. 29 Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I have made the land a desolate waste because of all the detestable things they have done.'

30 "As for you, son of man, your countrymen are talking together about you by the walls and at the doors of the houses, saying to each other, 'Come and hear the message that has come from the LORD.' 31 My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain. 32 Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice.

33 "When all this comes true–and it surely will–then they will know that a prophet has been among them." :writing:

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 11:56 AM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Fri May 27, 2005 10:12 am

We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of mercy and faithfulness! Please forgive us our many trespasses and help us to forgive both ourselves & others. Please FATHER, continue to bless us, inspite of our failures and shortcomings!

Provide us all with complete ACQUITAL in the face of our accusers; victory, vindication, redemption, love, prosperity, health & the gift of healing, sound mind & judgement, DEAR SAVIOR! Allow us to prosper inspite of the attempts against us by our enemies and adversaries.-TO THE GLORY OF YOUR NAME!

LORD, equip, enable, bless, protect and justify those who act as witnesses, (both for & against us), to speak on our behalfs in times of trial or despair! Please guide them in offering words that ACQUIT, vindicate, redeem, and grant us victory over trials and accusations! Let their words reveal the existence of YOUR WISE SPIRIT and trump the moans of our accusers!

Please LORD, we pray you will; BE THE SAME MIGHTY CONQUEROR KNOWN TO DAVID & JOSHUA by allowing blessings of ACQUITTAL & vindication, as complete as only YOU can provide! Among the onlookers of this, we ask that your spirit reign LORD! we ask that they be force to acknowlege YOUR great works, on his & our behalf!

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

Tonsilitis Jones

Read:
Acts 11:19-26

The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch. –Acts 11:26

A psychologist made the observation that children often develop lifelong complexes because of their names. That may have been true in the case of a boy I read about. His parents gave him the name Tonsilitis Jones, and it caused him difficulties in school and again when he tried to enlist in the navy.

I know from personal experience that our names have a definite bearing on how we feel about ourselves and the way we behave. Because my father was a well-known preacher by the name of De Haan, I felt that people had higher expectations of me than of my peers. But the family name was also a helpful reminder of many positive values that were to guide my behavior.

According to today's Bible reading, the disciples of the Lord Jesus in Antioch were the first to be called Christians. It's a name that could never be improved on because it identifies believers as followers of Jesus Christ. And what an honor to bear a name linking us to God's Son, our Savior and Redeemer! This should shape and mold our manner of living so that it becomes increasingly consistent with the way Jesus spoke and conducted Himself.

If we want to call ourselves Christians, let's live up to our name! –Richard De Haan

O to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer!
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I'll forfeit all of earth's treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear. –Chisholm

Christians

Acts 11:19-26 (New International Version)

The Church in Antioch
19Now those who had been scattered by the persecution in connection with Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, telling the message only to Jews. 20Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.
22News of this reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

25Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 10:00 a.m.[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Sat May 28, 2005 11:06 am

We offer YOU thanks, glory, honor and praise, for many years of mercy and faithfulness! Please forgive us our many trespasses and help us to forgive both ourselves & others. Please FATHER, continue to bless us, inspite of our failures and shortcomings!

PLEASE, LET US NOT BE FORCED TO MAKE ONE MOVE BY OUR ENEMIES OR ADVERSARIES, BUT RATHER ALLOW OUR STEPS BE ORDERED IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR WILL & YOUR WAYS!

MASTER, strengthen us, enable our voices to rise and call YOU blessed above all creation! Allow us to gain the victory YOU promised would come in our praise & worship of YOU; OUR ALMIGHTY & SOVEREIGN RULER!

Surround us: with love, kindness, generous spirits, family, true friends & advocates empowered by YOUR spirit, that together we may touch and agree in prayer!

Please LORD, we pray that YOU will; BE THE SAME MIGHTY CONQUEROR KNOWN TO DAVID & JOSHUA by allowing blessings of ACQUITTAL & vindication, as complete as only YOU can provide! Among the onlookers of this, we ask that your spirit reign LORD! we ask that they be force to acknowlege YOUR great works, on his & our behalf!

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

:writing: :wink

May 28, 2005

Dangerous Beauty

Read:
Job 38:22-30

From whose womb comes the ice? And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth? –Job 38:29

Loud creaking and snapping broke the stillness of the icy morning. Freezing rain had silenced every man-made noisemaker. Power lines were down; homes and businesses had no electricity. Roads were impassable, keeping thousands from daily routines. Nature was calling attention to herself, and she got it. As the sun rose, her stunning beauty was indescribable, her destructive power undeniable.

Ice glistened like crystal against a brilliant blue sky. But the ice that made the branches sparkle in the sunlight also weighed them down, causing them to break under the burden.

The same can happen to those who have glittering lives. They call attention to themselves with stunning beauty, talent, or intelligence. People notice and admire them. But eventually the weight of pride causes people to crack and break. The reality is that God alone is worthy of all praise.

Job's friends called attention to themselves by speaking as if they were experts on suffering.
When God had heard enough, He pointed out to Job that no one has knowledge, power, or importance apart from Him. Later, He sharply rebuked Job's friends, and said, "You have not spoken of Me what is right" (Job 42:8).
:thumbsup

True worth is in exalting God, not ourselves. –Julie Ackerman Link

Lord, pride, that fearful enemy,
So quickly takes control;
I plead this day Your pardoning grace
Will cleanse my heart and soul. –D. De Haan

The fly that buzzes loudest usually gets swatted first.

Job 38:22-30 (New International Version)

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 10:44 AM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Mon May 30, 2005 12:27 am

ALL MIGHTY FATHER; CREATOR OF ALL

PLEASE, LET US NOT BE FORCED TO MAKE ONE MOVE BY OUR ENEMIES OR ADVERSARIES, BUT RATHER ALLOW OUR STEPS BE ORDERED IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR WILL & YOUR WAYS!

MASTER, strengthen us, enable our voices to rise and call YOU blessed above all creation! Allow us to gain the victory YOU promised would come in our praise & worship of YOU; OUR ALMIGHTY & SOVEREIGN RULER!

Surround us: with love, kindness, generous spirits, family, true friends & advocates empowered by YOUR spirit, that together we may touch and agree in prayer!

Please LORD, we pray that YOU will; BE THE SAME MIGHTY CONQUEROR KNOWN TO DAVID & JOSHUA by allowing blessings of ACQUITTAL & vindication, as complete as only YOU can provide! Among the onlookers of this, we ask that your spirit reign LORD! we ask that they be force to acknowlege YOUR great works, on his & our behalf!

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

May 29, 2005

Touching Bottom

Read:
Revelation 1:10-18

Jesus... has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. –2 Timothy 1:10

Crowds gathered each week to hear the soul-stirring sermons of Joseph Parker, the famous pastor of London's City Temple in the late 19th century. Then a crisis hit him hard. His wife died after an agonizing illness. Parker later said he would not have allowed a dog to suffer as she did. A heartbroken husband whose prayers had gone unanswered, he confessed publicly that for a week he had even denied that God existed.

But Parker's loss of faith was only temporary. From that experience he gained a stronger personal trust in Jesus' death-destroying resurrection and began to testify: "I have touched the bottom, and it is sound."

Listen to this exclamation of triumph from the risen Christ as He proclaims His victory over the grave: "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore" (Revelation 1:17-18).

Death is our most venomous enemy, robbing us of joy and hope–unless the triumph of Christ's resurrection reverberates in our heart. As we believe in the mighty Victor over death, doubt is banished and light drives away the darkness.

Hold fast to that triumphant trust as you struggle through life's worst crises. –Vernon Grounds

Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song
In the night season and all the day long. –Young

Because of Christ's empty tomb, we can be full of hope.

Revelation 1:10-18 (New International Version)

10On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[a]dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Footnotes:

Revelation 1:13 Daniel 7:13

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 12:15 AM

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Mon May 30, 2005 2:51 pm

[align=center]All power is in THINE hands!

Please LORD, we pray that YOU will; BE THE SAME MIGHTY CONQUEROR KNOWN TO DAVID & JOSHUA by allowing blessings of ACQUITTAL & vindication, as complete as only YOU can provide! Among the onlookers of this, we ask that your spirit reign LORD! We ask that they be force to acknowlege YOUR great works, on his & our behalf!

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

May 30, 2005

Known Unto God

Read:
Psalm 77:1-15 :writing: :wink

Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies? –Psalm 77:9

While visiting a World War I military cemetery in France, I was struck by the number of grave markers bearing only these words:

A SOLDIER OF THE GREAT WAR: KNOWN UNTO GOD

The cemetery was surrounded on three sides by stone panels bearing the names of 20,000 soldiers who fell in nearby battles. Imagining the loneliness of men dying in war and the anguish of families grieving at home was overpowering.

There may be times in life when we feel forgotten and alone. Like the psalmist we cry out: "Will the Lord cast off forever? And will He be favorable no more? . . . Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies?" (Psalm 77:7,9).

The psalmist's answer to feeling abandoned came in remembering all that God had done in the past, meditating on His wonderful work, and speaking of it to others (vv.11-12).

In our darkest moments, we can remember the words of Jesus: "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows" (Luke 12:6-7).

We are never forgotten by God. –David McCasland

When trials loom or death is near,
In Christ we can confide;
We never need to feel alone–
He's always at our side. –Sper

In every desert of trial, God has an oasis of comfort.

Psalm 77:1-15 (New International Version)

Psalm 77
For the director of music. For Jeduthun. Of Asaph. A psalm.
1 I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.
2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted.

3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned;
I mused, and my spirit grew faint.
Selah

4 You kept my eyes from closing;
I was too troubled to speak.

5 I thought about the former days,
the years of long ago;

6 I remembered my songs in the night.
My heart mused and my spirit inquired:

7 "Will the Lord reject forever?
Will he never show his favor again?

8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
Has his promise failed for all time?

9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"
Selah

10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal:
the years of the right hand of the Most High."

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.

12 I will meditate on all your works
and consider all your mighty deeds.

13 Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?

14 You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.

15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people,
the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.
Selah

This post has been edited by motown lady: Today, 02:38 PM[/align]

motown lady

Post by motown lady » Tue May 31, 2005 2:00 pm

Before the heavens were formed and the mountains were laid, YOU WERE & ARE LORD OVER ALL!

With full acknowledgment of the authority YOU alone possess, again we humbly touch and agree in prayer! Please extend YOUR mighty hand of power over all of the prayers, requests, positive thoughts and affirmations, both past & present!

ALL MIGHTY LORD PLEASE ALLOW ALL PROMISES RELATING TO YOUR COMFORTER; THAT YOU IN MERCY TOWARD US LEFT TO ABIDE WITH US, BEFORE YOUR HOLY ASCENSION, NOW FALL UPON MICHAEL, HAROLD, THEIR LOVED ONES, OUR LOVED ONES & OURSELVES.....

Please, throughout our lifetimes, allow us to be comforted & guided by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, LORD. To be both YOUR wise & humble stewards and effective witnesses; that all may see our good works and honor YOU!

PLEASE SAVIOR.... PROTECT HIS & OUR MINDS, BODIES & SOULS FROM ALL THREATS, DANGER AND CONSPIRACIES MOUNTED AGAINST US!
We ask that YOU wrap a veil of protection around us, those who both represent us and witness on our behalfs -to confuse & confound the efforts of his and our enemies:

THE FATHER
THE SON
&
THE HOLYGHOST,

AMEN

May 31, 2005

Touched By A Stranger

Read:
Romans 12:3-16

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love. –Romans 12:10

Marsha Burgess was a complete stranger to us, so we were touched by the note she sent. She knew my husband Carl's mom who had recently died. She had often seen her when visiting her own mother at a local nursing home.

So when Carl lost his mother, Marsha took the time to share her memories with us. She closed her note with these words: "Your mom always had a big smile on her face and was happy to see us. How wonderful to have such precious memories! We just loved your mom. We'll never forget her." Marsha is a Christian, and her words brought comfort in our grief. They reminded us of the joy of being part of Christ's body (Romans 12:5).

Every believer has been given a specific gift or gifts by God to use in building up others–prophesying, ministering, teaching, exhorting, giving, leading, and showing mercy (vv.6-8). But all of us are to "be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love" (v.10) and to "rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep" (v.15).

Sometimes we hesitate to reach out to someone we don't know. We wonder if it is appropriate or if it will mean anything to the person. But that note from Marsha reminds us how much it means to be touched by a stranger. –Anne Cetas

Like refreshing rain in summer
Or the gentle breeze in spring,
Just a little gift of kindness
Joy to someone's heart can bring. –Hess

Opportunities to be kind are never hard to find

Romans 12:3-16 (New International Version) :writing:

3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his[a]faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

Love
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
:writing: :wink[/align]

Footnotes:

Romans 12:6 Or in agreement with the
Romans 12:16 Or willing to do menial work

This post has been edited by 4motown: Today, 01:49 PM