Where were you when you heard...

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Jackson829

Post by Jackson829 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:28 pm

:tooexcite :banana-mu that the jury had reached a verdict. My day was pretty good for a Monday, even though it was still slow. I got my second paycheck from my summer job as a file clerk. Fun :extremely Then I went home, worked-out, ate, relaxed and went on my laptop to chec all the Michael Jackson web sites I visit daily to see if there was any kind of news. I actually found out here and I was so nervous. My heart was pounding, it was so unexpected. But I was still confident that the jury would not convict him. Then my brother calls me and asks me to pick him up from swimming practice. What perfect timing ( again :extremely ). So we come back home and my mom is already waiting for the audio, which I was surprised about cause we don't watch the news! But this was important. But I couldn't handle it because I was filled w/ a lot of emotions so I went upstairs to calm myself down. I did and remained confident. Then my mom ran upstairs and told me that the first nine counts were not guilty. I went downstairs to hear the rest. In the end, I was crying my eyes out I was so happy, relieved, overwhlemed, overjoyed :tooexcite :banana-mu This is defintely the best day ever!!!! How did you guys find out?

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:30 pm

While I was getting a snack i heard it on the radio, but i heard 'guilty' lol and so I turned the tv and found NOT GUILTY!

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:31 pm

I came home from summer school and saw on MSN.com that the jury had reached a verdict and it would be read within an hour. I turned on CNN but they just showed footage of people at the courthouse and Michael's SUVS driving to court.

I kept waiting watching the TV in my room and clutching my pillow. Finally they read the first count 'Not guilty' and I told my dad and he came in and watched with me. I was even more happy when the rest of the accounts were NOT GUILTY.
I was praising the lord.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

WeAretheChampions
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by WeAretheChampions » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:32 pm

YOU BET ITS THE BEST DAY EVER...MICHAEL KICKED BOOTY!! :sneddoncr SNEDDON IS ON HIS KNEES BABY!! MJ RULES
LOVER OF ALL THINGS PURE :banana-mu

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:38 pm

I was sat here at my computer with the live TV on. Happiest and scariest moment of my life! Brilliant though! :tooexcite

Drizzl

Post by Drizzl » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:40 pm

That picture of Michael with his hand on his heart brought me to tears. I want to hug him.
\\\\\\\"Through the grace of God, I have been fortunate to have achieved many of my artistic and professional aspirations realized early in my lifetime.\\\\\\\" - Michael Jackson

IrishFaery

Post by IrishFaery » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:42 pm

I was sitting here in my home, cleaning and rearranging my bedroom after I had enough of yakking on the boards. I was watching a Comcast On Demand episode of Home Movies and in and out of the room, fussing at God about why this trial was brought in the first place. (Fussing ya'll!) And asking Him to give me patience, asking Him if I was the one who was delusional and too blinded by celebrity to know better. I got my answer with this wild urge to turn off Home Movies and check the news where I found out that the verdict would be read in less than thirty minutes! I got on my knees and prayed, naming each count and calling for a NOT GUILTY verdict in my Savior's name. Then--shaking so bad I could barely walk--I grabbed my Bible and my copy of Dancing the Dream, sat on the couch and waited like I was the one facing prison.

As each verdict was read, I raised my hand, thanking the Lord above and openly sobbed and sobbed! I went downstairs to the computer to rejoice in the good news with all of you and to update my journal which I hadn't touched during this whole trial. (click on the link in my siggy to see what I said) My parents were puzzled by my emotions as they weren't watching. Then my mother walked in on me watching tv and asked what happened. I told her the news and she joyously shared with my Daddy who said, "Of course they did, it was too obvious!" Oh yes, this was a wonderful day!!!!!
[align=center]Image[/align]

dangerousgurl829

Post by dangerousgurl829 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:49 pm

I'm in Arkansas visiting family and I was watching the news all morning, but then I had to go out. When I got back, I didn't turn on the T.V., and then my mom called me and she asked me if I had heard the verdict yet. And I said "NO." and then she asked me if I was ready..& i was screaming "OMG YES!!" and then she told me & i couldn't stop crying and laughing....what a beautiful day!!

~Sheri~

Miakoda Moon

Post by Miakoda Moon » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Well, I was on the computer & then I got off & went & turned on the news cause I had this gut feelin that they were talkin about Michael. So I turned it on 2 FOX & they said that the jury reached a virdict. I got Nervous! Then concerned when I saw Michael. He looked scared, & nervous. (Well, who wouldn't B in that position!?) & I got down on my knees & prayed 4 michael, Asking that god give him strength & that my sprit be with him. Then I just waited contemplating on so many things. When the virdict was read & I heard 'Not Guilty' I started smiling & laughing & almost started crying! I started jumping up & down saying 'It's Over! It's Over!'. Then I text My friend (who is not really a MJ Fan, but a MJ supporter) on my cell & she said, "THANK YOU JESUS! HE'S NOT GUILTY!" So I was happy! & even more happy when I saw that woman on TV releasing the White Doves! That was so SWEET! Then When I saw michael, I was happy! Happy that now, he could live his life once again without being sad or depressed. I LOVE U MJ! :)

If I love U 2 night

Promise me that U\\\\\\\'ll stay with me till the morning light..~Mayte

Visit My Website\\\\\\\'s:

http://kristinamoon.tripod.com/kristinamoon]*My Official Site*[/url]

*Soul Sisters*: A dedication to Liliakois Moon & Cree Summer.

*Kristina Moon*

PinkCrescendo

Post by PinkCrescendo » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:02 pm

I was on lunch break @ work, (which is at Disney MGM Studios @ Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL). Unfortantly with working 6 day weeks with 50+ hours a week for the last month has left me so exhausted that it took me a moment to relize what I was watching and hearing. And then when I relized my reaction was the equivilent of, "oh how lovely." (I am becoming delusional and very descensatized)
Yoot-yoot go MIKE!!!!

maintenant

Post by maintenant » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:11 pm

I went to bed so miserable last night, I had made the mistake of reading a negative piece by some evil journalist or other on another site, talking about how Sneddon and Zonen and crew were seen celebrating and living it up at Santa Maria's finest restaurant, "Celebrating their victory early," said the ***hole. I knew it was a lie, but still, it just made me so sick.

This morning when I got up, I prayed so hard.

Then today right after lunch the school librarian told me that the jury had reached a verdict and it would be on the news in a few minutes (actually, it ended up being almost 45 minutes later). I have a television in my office, so I rushed upstairs to turn it on; I turned it to KABC. I wanted to be alone in case the verdict came in guilty. But instead, one of the teachers came in and asked if she could watch it with me. She was the perfect person to be with for this, because way back when Michael was first charged, she told me "You know he is perfectly innocent, he couldn't possibly hurt a child." Every year she takes her kindergarten class for a day at Neverland and she says its the most beautiful place imaginable and Michael is so sweet and gentle and the kids all LOVE it. She was my one friend at work about the subject of Michael's innocence, everybody else watched Disgrace and so on and kept saying (even now) "Of course he's a child molestor." ****ers.

I couldn't STAND watching that motorcade from the air, on their way to court like it was a funeral procession. I was so horrified. Right at that moment, I was so thankful that I, myself, wasn't a celebrity, in case something like this ever happened, to have to go through something like this and to have the whole world studying every square INCH of you. And I just kept thinking of that horrible news article from the night before, the prosecutors having "an early victory celebration."

And then when Michael got out of the SUV, he looked so sad and weak and scared to death. Here's a man who likes his privacy, and look what he's subjected to. But I loved seeing his whole family, his mother and father, sisters and brothers, somehow seeing them and their unwavering support gave me some strength. Also, it helped that the teacher and I held each other's hand!

I had made a chart numbered one through ten and with the headings "Not Guilty" and "Guilty" across the top. I wanted to log the verdicts as they came through. But when that sweet voice read "Not Guilty" for charge number 1 and I put my "X" under the "Not Guilty" heading, I felt peace just wash through me. I KNEW that that first "Not Guilty" meant that they ALL would be "Not Guilty." And they WERE! The teacher and I sat there with tears in our eyes, as each "Not Guilty" kept coming. The full impact of it hasn't yet hit me, but it will!

Once it was over and Michael was declared NOT GUILTY on ALL charges, the teacher and I stood up and hugged each other for a very long time, and then agreed, "Thank God for this jury and for our justice system that vindicated Michael!" It really worked like it was supposed to!

Other people, of course, were like "We're disappointed," but you know what, I'm filled with love and truth won out, the haters can just go stew in it.

Thank God for this day and this wonderful outcome!

king_of_hearts829

Post by king_of_hearts829 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:26 pm

I was sitting at my computer checking the MJJ Forum out. And getting ready to go watch my Korean HIStory Concert when I heard. I was so extremely happy when I heard. And I still haven't stop celebrating the happy news.

LoveMeIfYouDare

Post by LoveMeIfYouDare » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 pm

this is crazy...i was on the bus to sch and when i was going down the bus,i saw on the mobile TV that there was a 'tiny' line which said Michael Jackson free of all charges and my heart juz pounded really hard all the way to sch!but i was so happy and rite wheni reach sch i came straight to Mjeol!:D
It won\\\'t do, to dream of caramel, to think of cinnamon, and long for you...

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:33 pm

I was on the subway freaking the fu/ck out. The ppl sitting next to me were staring at me like i was escaped from a mental institute. I only heard count 6 and 7 live because the subway went above ground, i was freaking listening to a crackling radio out the rest time :lol:
[align=center]Image[/align]

Drizzl

Post by Drizzl » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:33 pm

I went online and heard the verdict on the radio.
\\\\\\\"Through the grace of God, I have been fortunate to have achieved many of my artistic and professional aspirations realized early in my lifetime.\\\\\\\" - Michael Jackson