Did you fall in love with the man before the music?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:53 pm

See?! I knew that's why I like you, Mia!

:laugh That's cool.

People just don't know how many new fans were made from Bashir's hot garbage!
[align=center]Image[/align]

MjsBabyMomma

Post by MjsBabyMomma » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:02 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent
See?! I knew that's why I like you, Mia!

:laugh That's cool.

People just don't know how many new fans were made from Bashir's hot garbage!
Lol! I know...See he was trying to bring Michael down and paint him as something he clearly wasn't. Well, he made MJ look like gold instead to us fans...lol :)
[align=center]Michael, I love you so much![/align]

mjj_girl05

Post by mjj_girl05 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:32 pm

I fell in love with the music first cuz I was really young when I became a MJ fan

neverlandschild
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by neverlandschild » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:39 pm

Originally posted by frozen rose
I love him more like a father! A GOOD LOOKING father at that ;9
That isn't what I ment,but whatever. :idontknow

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:51 pm

I guess the music first. See, I "met" him with the video Thriller and I loved his music! BUT, that led me to know MJ the Person! And I feel head ova heals I love him so, so much! And that love for him, of him healing out world and just being who he is...everything coming from his deep insides, led to me loving more of his music at the time! And I still love him to this day! I will always love him! I know it as a fact!

MrsBigE

Post by MrsBigE » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:59 pm

I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was 11 years old and "Thriller" had just come out. I had never heard of Michael, his music, or "Thriller". Then one day I walked into the convenience store down the street from my house (we were living in the Philippines then...my dad was in the Navy). I saw Michael's picture on the cover of a teen magazine...the whole magazine had been devoted to him. Honestly it was love at first sight! He drew me in! Then I started listening to his music, and the rest as they say, is history!

-JANIE-

Post by -JANIE- » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:32 am

I've been a Michael Jackson fan for a long, long time. I wasn't sure the first time I heard Michael, he just always seemed to have been there throughout my childhood. So, in order to reply to this thread, I took a look through various discography's showing chart positions for Michael's records and when they charted in the UK. I was amazed to discover that the first time Michael made an impression on me I must have been barely two years old!

I distinctly remember singing "One Day In Your Life" with my mother.
"Farewell My Summer Love" was the same - although I couldn't find it on a discography with a date for its chart position, I have a memory of sitting on the swing down the bottom of the garden and singing it. Strangely enough, I don't have any particular recollection of what Michael looked like at that time, but many years later my mother told me that when I was four years old I would play with an imaginary friend that I insisted was Michael Jackson!!

In my younger years I liked alot of music, mostly bands that had some kind of visual attraction, such as BoneyM with their outlandish outfits, or Shawaddywaddy who wore brightly coloured teddy boy jackets. I remember seeing video's from Off The Wall, but I must confess that at the age I was, I didn't pay much attention to them or to what Michael looked like personally.

And then, one evening I sat down in front of the television to watch the Thursday night show "Top Of The Pops" - at it's time the only music programme we could see, way before MTV! And I saw the video for Beat It. I was just blown away by it, completely and utterly dumbfounded. I thought the music was the coolest thing I'd ever heard, and Michael Jackson was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I was completely entranced by him.

Shortly after, I was given the Thriller LP for my birthday. I played that damn record so much I blew up two record players, broke two beds (for some reason I would bounce on the mattress like it was a trampoline), and the neighbours were complaining incessantly about the noise.

And then came the night that "Thriller" was on the telly.

My mother was worried.

"You won't like this," she told me. "It's frightening."

"It's Michael Jackson," I told her. "What's scary about that?"

Always listen to your mother! I was terrified!! When Michael began to change into the werewolf for some reason I was convinced he would still look like Michael, and that wasn't scary at all. When Michael told his on-screen girlfriend "Go away!!" and his eyes were yellow and he had fangs, that was it - I was behind the sofa. It wasn't too bad when Michael appeared as a ghoul and began to dance, and I emerged - although I remember seeing the ghoul that opens his mouth and spills out a load of goo which I didn't like that too much at the time. A while later I saw "The Making Of Michael Jackson's Thriller" and once I saw Michael in the make up chair, I seemed not to be so bothered by the werewolf sequence anymore.

When 1988 came, I wanted to go and see Michael tour. By then I'd had pictures on my walls for years - Michael's face amongst other artists I liked and listened to - but my parents were insistent. I was not allowed to go to the Michael Jackson concert. They had seen pictures of the crowds on the tv and thought it looked dangerous - there was alot of coverage of people getting squashed, or fainting, and they didn't think the hysteria was under control. I was gutted, but my parents ruled. I never made it to Wembley to see Michael.

When 1991 came along and Black or White was released I knew Michael would tour again, and by then nothing would stop me. My friends were all going on a coach trip from the local town. We queued for eight and a half hours, ended up right infront of the stage in a jam packed crowd with hardly roomd to breathe, let alone move! - and about five minutes before Michael was due on stage at Wembley Stadium, they told us he wouldn't be coming, he was ill. For the first few minutes the crowd almost went into a riot, people flung bottles at the stage, and the lighting scaffold rocked dangerously as the crowd hurled themselves against it. Back home, it had been announced on the news that Michael would not be taking the concert at 13.00 - whilst we didn't get told until 20.40.

It wasn't until 22nd August 1992 that I saw Michael for the first time, when he re-scheduled the show. I wasn't supposed to go - I was due to fly to Florida for a holiday the next morning, and my flight was leaving at 04.30 - but I joined my friends and instead of catching the coach back, my boyfriend drove down to Wembley and brought me home so I'd have time to finish packing before leaving for the airport. I earnt a sharp telling off from my parents for that one, but I was 17 years old, and I had just seen a Michael Jackson concert. It was worth everything and anything it cost me.

The moment I fell in love with Michael was when he sang "Man In The Mirror." I remember stretching out my hands in the crowd towards him as he sang it, and the feeling I had for him was indescribable. Today, whenever I see a clip of Michael on stage singing that song it still brings me to tears.
Michael - your smile is the window to your soul

LoveMeIfYouDare

Post by LoveMeIfYouDare » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:06 am

Originally posted by JANIE
I've been a Michael Jackson fan for a long, long time. I wasn't sure the first time I heard Michael, he just always seemed to have been there throughout my childhood. So, in order to reply to this thread, I took a look through various discography's showing chart positions for Michael's records and when they charted in the UK. I was amazed to discover that the first time Michael made an impression on me I must have been barely two years old!

I distinctly remember singing "One Day In Your Life" with my mother.
"Farewell My Summer Love" was the same - although I couldn't find it on a discography with a date for its chart position, I have a memory of sitting on the swing down the bottom of the garden and singing it. Strangely enough, I don't have any particular recollection of what Michael looked like at that time, but many years later my mother told me that when I was four years old I would play with an imaginary friend that I insisted was Michael Jackson!!

In my younger years I liked alot of music, mostly bands that had some kind of visual attraction, such as BoneyM with their outlandish outfits, or Shawaddywaddy who wore brightly coloured teddy boy jackets. I remember seeing video's from Off The Wall, but I must confess that at the age I was, I didn't pay much attention to them or to what Michael looked like personally.

And then, one evening I sat down in front of the television to watch the Thursday night show "Top Of The Pops" - at it's time the only music programme we could see, way before MTV! And I saw the video for Beat It. I was just blown away by it, completely and utterly dumbfounded. I thought the music was the coolest thing I'd ever heard, and Michael Jackson was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I was completely entranced by him.

Shortly after, I was given the Thriller LP for my birthday. I played that damn record so much I blew up two record players, broke two beds (for some reason I would bounce on the mattress like it was a trampoline), and the neighbours were complaining incessantly about the noise.

And then came the night that "Thriller" was on the telly.

My mother was worried.

"You won't like this," she told me. "It's frightening."

"It's Michael Jackson," I told her. "What's scary about that?"

Always listen to your mother! I was terrified!! When Michael began to change into the werewolf for some reason I was convinced he would still look like Michael, and that wasn't scary at all. When Michael told his on-screen girlfriend "Go away!!" and his eyes were yellow and he had fangs, that was it - I was behind the sofa. It wasn't too bad when Michael appeared as a ghoul and began to dance, and I emerged - although I remember seeing the ghoul that opens his mouth and spills out a load of goo which I didn't like that too much at the time. A while later I saw "The Making Of Michael Jackson's Thriller" and once I saw Michael in the make up chair, I seemed not to be so bothered by the werewolf sequence anymore.

When 1988 came, I wanted to go and see Michael tour. By then I'd had pictures on my walls for years - Michael's face amongst other artists I liked and listened to - but my parents were insistent. I was not allowed to go to the Michael Jackson concert. They had seen pictures of the crowds on the tv and thought it looked dangerous - there was alot of coverage of people getting squashed, or fainting, and they didn't think the hysteria was under control. I was gutted, but my parents ruled. I never made it to Wembley to see Michael.

When 1991 came along and Black or White was released I knew Michael would tour again, and by then nothing would stop me. My friends were all going on a coach trip from the local town. We queued for eight and a half hours, ended up right infront of the stage in a jam packed crowd with hardly roomd to breathe, let alone move! - and about five minutes before Michael was due on stage at Wembley Stadium, they told us he wouldn't be coming, he was ill. For the first few minutes the crowd almost went into a riot, people flung bottles at the stage, and the lighting scaffold rocked dangerously as the crowd hurled themselves against it. Back home, it had been announced on the news that Michael would not be taking the concert at 13.00 - whilst we didn't get told until 20.40.

It wasn't until 22nd August 1992 that I saw Michael for the first time, when he re-scheduled the show. I wasn't supposed to go - I was due to fly to Florida for a holiday the next morning, and my flight was leaving at 04.30 - but I joined my friends and instead of catching the coach back, my boyfriend drove down to Wembley and brought me home so I'd have time to finish packing before leaving for the airport. I earnt a sharp telling off from my parents for that one, but I was 17 years old, and I had just seen a Michael Jackson concert. It was worth everything and anything it cost me.

The moment I fell in love with Michael was when he sang "Man In The Mirror." I remember stretching out my hands in the crowd towards him as he sang it, and the feeling I had for him was indescribable. Today, whenever I see a clip of Michael on stage singing that song it still brings me to tears.
im very touched when i read ur story...its beautiful...:)

as for me, i fell in love with the man 1st...i remember when i was about 7 i saw one of his video on the telly and i fell in love with Mike...i din really care wat he was singing at that time...i was so engrossed in his dance moves...it was later den i started paying attention to his songs and i never regret loving this man since...:)
It won\\\'t do, to dream of caramel, to think of cinnamon, and long for you...