Michael losing fans in the states?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

mjlovergurl

Post by mjlovergurl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:41 pm

i have to agree with alot of people here. im a us citizen and i feel as though we in the US dont even appreaite Michael anymore. i love michael and i have for the last 16 years and i will never stop. i do see all the attention and love he gets in Europe and Asia and thats wonderful but i do wish that Michael would tour the US again and if he does then i think it will be a HUGE success. That is if he decides to. I dont give a rats ass what the media saids or any hater for that matter bc they dont know michael at all and just say thing to get rattings and make him look bad and to too look "cool" whatever. Mj is a wonderful human being and i do hope he gives the US another chance and tours again.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:44 pm

Originally posted by ~Vicky~

They treat him like trash, to the point where people are probably shy to say 'I love Michael Jackson' in public.
Yeah, that is true! I think there are many people who do like Michael but are afraid to say it because of fear of retaliation. I've gotten a few people in to Michael's music after exposing them to it & I've met people who when I say I like him, suddenly feel comfortable to say they like him too. I've even come across people who'll give me sh*t about liking him but then later on admit that they like him too. They say something like "Yeah, I like his music but not him" or just flat out say "I like him" but in a low voice. There seems to be this thing in American society where people are afraid to like or support him because of what others might say & that's a pity! I for one, like & support whoever & whatever the hell I want to & if people don't like it, oh well!

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:06 pm

All I have to say is that that when they talk about Michael on TV, all they talk about is how Germany and other countries treat him like a king and the US..well, not like one. Of course they don't say it in those words..but that's what they say!

Why Michael attracts more "MJ-mania" in other continents than here, USA..well, I couldn't really honestly say that exact reason. I mean, it does hurt me when they say that other countries love him more. That's not true..that's not true at all!

In the end, Michael knows that he has fans who love him to death from every single corner..even if they don't admit it. As long as Michael knows that..who cares what the sh!tty media has to say!

DarkChild

Post by DarkChild » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:23 pm

Pah, I'm sure theres gotta be millions of closet MJ fans in the US, but cause of image...it can't be said. A lot of people I know all have a little place for MJ in their hearts...they might say a cruel word now and then, but I know they like his music and they've said something before...the guy is amazing and people can't help to admire him, no matter what they say on the outside. It's just a coverup cause the media's just made it uncool to like him, when really the coolest thing in the world is loving him. Can you imagine how things would be if there was NO Michael Jackson? I doubt anyone could answer that question in a positive way. Eek, I kinda went OT there lol. Maybe because the US is so huge and theres so many people and its all spread out, the fanbase doesn't seem so huge...it does here in England cause we've got a lot of people in a kinda small place lol, the concentration is higher and its easier for us all to get together to support him. Its not like that in the US.

And like, that new MJ CD debuted at number 2 here in the charts (I was surprised even lol)...he always seems to get higher in the UK and I think its because the concentration lol...or the fans out here are just obsessed on another level :laugh
[align=center][/align]

[align=center]a week in the life of my music...[/align]

[COLOR=\\\"Navy][align=center]Big <333 for Elliot Yamin!!!!1111[/align][/COLOR]

Pirate.

Post by Pirate. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:32 pm

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I have to admit that Michael is more respected and appreciated in most other countries besides the US. Here, the media is obviously corrupt and free speach is abused.

I completely agree with that. Just because we didn't buy the 83rd copy of 'Greatest Hits' doesn't mean we're not fans. Once a new album with new material pops up they're not gonna have a whole lot to say about album sales, now, are they?

DAMN.

LoveMeIfYouDare

Post by LoveMeIfYouDare » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:50 pm

i agree with many of u here...though im not personally from the states,i often hear news coming from there and they seem rather mean...im sorry no offence but i think michael mite wan to get away to a place where the media is kinder to him coz he deserves it.

i bought the Essential CD coz i feel bad not buying it but i do understand y many pple doesnt want to buy it...yes,there are too many greatest hits albums...so yea,dat doesnt mean that pple no longer support michael anymore.im sure of he comes out with a completely new album,it'll wow the music industry

but then again,michael has fantastic fan bases around the world so no matter where he moves to,there'll still b lots of pple who loves him.:D
It won\\\'t do, to dream of caramel, to think of cinnamon, and long for you...

-JANIE-

Post by -JANIE- » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:18 am

Over here, they are advertising Michael's latest release on the TV ;) with some captions that say "for over 30 years Michael Jackson has been the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen!!" :D

I saw it yesterday ;) :D
Michael - your smile is the window to your soul

MJJ Productions.Inc
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by MJJ Productions.Inc » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:55 am

I think one of the reasons Michael doesn't seem as huge in the USA as he does in Europe and the rest of the world is the fact that Michael hasn't toured the USA since 1989.

Prince has become popular again in the USA through his Musicology Tour, so if Prince can do it Michael can do it bigger and better.
Ben

-JANIE-

Post by -JANIE- » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:05 am

Why do you think Michael chose not to tour the states?
Michael - your smile is the window to your soul

MjsBabyMomma

Post by MjsBabyMomma » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:34 pm

The fact is that he still has fans EVERYWHERE. I get so irritated when they paint the picture that the US is so against him. Many people such as the media may be, but he has so many fans here in the US....me?
[align=center]Michael, I love you so much![/align]

MjsTennesseeFan

Post by MjsTennesseeFan » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:40 pm

Well, He was accused of molestation and then payed people off thats what did it, AND THEN THE DAMN MEDIA BLEW IT UP. I know he is innocent and NOW the world knows he is innocent but thats what did it. America is stupid and I hate it here. Michael Jackson is the most amazing man that has EVER walked the earth.

TO HELL WITH THE PRESS, THEY CAN KISS MICHAEL'S ASS

MJJDiscussion.com - Every Fan Has a Voice... Let Yours Be Heard!

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Actually, Invincable sold around 7-8 million worldwide from what I understand. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
From what I've heard Invincible has sold around 10 million worldwide. Isn't that good or what? :popcorn
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:08 pm

Michael has definitely NOT lost fans in the states! As much as people don't want to admit it, Americans still love him. I know so many American fans and lots of non fans who still like his music, so I refuse to believe he's los his US fans.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

MJJ Productions.Inc
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by MJJ Productions.Inc » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:56 pm

It's a mystery why Michael hasn't toured the USA, especially with the Dangerous Tour. I know the most of the singles from the Dangerous album weren't big hits but the Dangerous album sold just as much as Bad in the USA so Michael could have toured the USA then.

Michael sold out 2 shows at Madison Square Garden for his 30th Anniversary concerts and it was obvious the audience where all Michael Jackson fans so I think he still has an audience as far as touring go. The most recent Prince, Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney albums have sold less than Invincible's 3 million USA sales and they've had very successful USA tours so Michael still has an audience to play to.

I don't think the 8,000 sales of The Essential Collection is a big deal, it's not a new album. If Invincible only sold 8,000 then it would be a sign that Michael had no USA fans intrested in his new music, but The Essential Collection is Michael's 3rd greatest hits releases since 2001 and it hasn't even been 2yrs since Number Ones was released. Also all of Michael's albums from Off The Wall to History sold a lot of albums (even 3 million USA sales is a lot for any other artist) so who those albums are greatest hits by themselves.
Ben

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:00 pm

Essential Michael Jackson?? Maybe I'm a little slow but, I thought it was called Number Ones...or is this another greatest hits coolection? :laugh

Anyway, I'm from the states, and I still luv the guy. I d

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.