Michael losing fans in the states?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:53 pm

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
He's pretty popular in Chicago too.
Yeah, he has quite a few fans out here!

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:56 pm

Rhode island sucks. Everybody hates him. Its a wasteland of complete filth and white trash.
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:02 pm

Originally posted by Blame It On The Boogie
Rhode island sucks. Everybody hates him. Its a wasteland of complete filth and white trash.
Isn't Rhode Island the smallest state in the U.S.?

stangetheman@YAHOO.COM

Post by stangetheman@YAHOO.COM » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:24 pm

sony put that cd out not michael

zenab_blackorwhite

Post by zenab_blackorwhite » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:36 am

mike is popular all over the world , America , asia , eurpe , africa and other places . the whole world loves and knows mj. he's got fans in ever country ! even my techer told me that !

MICHAEL JACKSON IS MY ONE AND ONLY POP IDOL !

:heart2: LOVE U LOADZ ! :heart2:

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 am

Exactly :banana-mu, he's got fans all over the world and no matter what

some say Americans do love Mj!! After all not everyone got to love you!

Kanya

Post by Kanya » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:35 am

I am not from the American continent, yet I refuse to digest the fact that people are not fond of Michael any longer...It is in the mass-media's rotten bones to fabricate and instill wrath and remoteness into the minds of the reader / auditor / viewer, respectively.

I know what he has done in favour of his native land, singing and dance-cheering masses of crowds and healing and helping a troubled mind or spirit in America, as well as about the Globe...I know what he did for my country, Romania, I know that he had a playground there built for the children, he gave and diffused love to the institutionalised children here, in 1992, as well as back in 1996...Our former president was delighted to have Michael in our country, was very hospitable with him, shook his hand warmly and smiled just as mildly and widely to him...I remember Mr . President saying, a few months ago, that he was very happy to spend time with the needy children there and the children were sooo very appeased and jolly...And Mr. Iliescu would also call Michael by his first name when speaking of him...He was not like: "Michael Jackson", but just "Michael"...He was so sweet to Michael...I was only 7 years of age in 1992, and my parents did not take me to see him,but the excitement created of the people there knew no boundaries, I have heard that...and why should it be too different from the love that he receives in the States?...

I must say, though, the American mass-media must have been the prime motive for Michael not choosing to tour the States for so long a period of time, and I feel very saddened by such a truth...

Yeah. Don't blame this re-re-re-re-re-releasing of material on Mike. This is Sony trying to squeeze out as much money as they can before Mike releases another album of new material that they can't make money from. --- Okay?...Moreover, to me, at least, his health, piece of mind and just, all in all, his inner joy come first above anything else! I do not die for Michael becoming a "Thriller killer" anew, anything he will ever bring for the public cannot be but beautiful, because it is the music of his soul, and when an immensity of a part within you is released, it is as if watching a bleeding dove heaving towards the Blue from which it initially came...So I do not even think of Michael as a has-been, professionally speaking, I am not at all worried about that...Though, one cannot believe a source revealing a name for Michael's possible future album...It is as though one would just fill their hand with sand to place it within a bucket, for it cannot fill by itself...I don't believe that Michael would choose a title such as "Innocent" or "Framed"...To me, and to many other humans, there is no need to proclaim what it is, indeed, evident and meets the eye of the soul, most of all...So, such an off-the-record assertion is to be shun away...I will always love him with my life regardless of the title, I know that for a fact; 6 or 8 words would not alter or take my mind...The media's mind, mayhap...Oh, silly me...The media do not possess a mind, or are not in full possession of their faculties, I forgot...

privacy

Post by privacy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:54 am

This is such a stupid thread. Michael loses fans but he also gains them. Nobody knows where it is the most so..!
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:41 pm

Originally posted by Kanya
I am not from the American continent, yet I refuse to digest the fact that people are not fond of Michael any longer...It is in the mass-media's rotten bones to fabricate and instill wrath and remoteness into the minds of the reader / auditor / viewer, respectively.
Exactly! I keep reading the title "The Fall of the King of Pop" in certain publications & I'm thinking "How did he fall?" Michael can't even go to public places without body guards present because a big ass group of fans will mob him. In 2001, just 4 years ago, he gave two concerts in NYC & both sold out within minutes despite the fact that tickets would cost you a week's pay. He did an album signing at the Virgin Mega Store that same year & what happened? A whole city block was blocked off because people were clammering to get a glimpse of him. At his first arraignment, 3000 people showed up! How many showbiz has-beens go to trial & have 3000 fans waiting outside? None, & how come MJ, who's been in the industry 40 years, gets labeled a has-been but other music legends aren't? It's all bullsh!t!

Danielle Oliver

Post by Danielle Oliver » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:42 pm

Originally posted by urbanpinkpixie
I hate that too. The only reason I haven't bought the Essential Michael Jackson yet is because I have all of those songs on other cds. I'm tired of him releasing greatest hits. Yea, TUC had new stuff, but I mean a whole cd of new stuff. I really can't wait for new stuff from him.
I don´t understand you guys. A CD is not expensive in US. When michael releases an album I don´t buy 1 I buy 3 CDs. I do that since HIStory. I have tons of Cds with the same songs, most of them are the Jackson 5 Greatest Hits. I buy singles from Europe, US, Japan, Australia... anywhere and I pay 5 times more than you do because I have to import them. Don´t bother me to give money to Michael.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:49 pm

Michael Jackson has millions of fans through out the entire world, and frankly

this is really annoying for me, because it's like doubting about nonsense! I mean

how can he be a has-been when the whole world talks about him and is

influenced by him?!!

Annique

Post by Annique » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:49 am

It might be especially bad in the USA, but here in Holland, most dont spare him either. This place is also filled with haters, the media COPIES thrash from US and UK tabloids, and when I say Im a fan I get some weird looks and comments. So its not really like he is 'more loved' in Europe. And the tabloids in the UK can be unforgiving as well. Remember Bashir?

My Fanfics:

Love will find a way (MJ Fanfic)

A Lakewood Romance (MJ Fanfic)

stangetheman@YAHOO.COM

Post by stangetheman@YAHOO.COM » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:15 am

He has not lost me fan for life go mj

cecilia

Post by cecilia » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:50 am

Yeah, in Europe cds and dvds are preety expensive, should I say double or a little more?
Invincible cost about 25 euro, and euro is higher than the dollar. And History dvd 31.50 euro. I saw those prices when I was visiting France.

Here in Romania the stuff is not as expensive like in France, but the difference is little, about 2-3 euros less.

I haven't bought the Essential yet, because I haven't got the necessary money... :( Usually I buy everything but I have to wait, to save the money... I'm proud to say that I've managed to save the necessary sum and buy the Ultimate Collection! :)
But I got to say that the value of the Ultimate Collection ( aprox. 50 dollars) is almost quasi equivalent with 2/3 from a young teacher sallary here in Romania (180 dollars) We have here total different money, inflation and economic problems...

So I guess that Americans are plain lucky but they don't quite realise that, the stuff is very cheap in US, dream prices really! West Europeans are not that lucky, some of them go to the US on Christmas time for some massive shoppings, I saw that in some documentaries... And East Europeans, well here is really complicated....
We gossip about others because we are not sufficiently interested in the process of our own thinking and of our own action. Generally, when we gossip it is to condemn others, but, stretching it charitably, it is perhaps to imitate others.Catch yourself the next time you are gossiping about somebody; if you are aware of it, it will indicate an awful lot to you about yourself. Don\\\\\\\'t cover it up by saying that you are merely inquisitive about others. It indicates restles

RottenBlackRoses

Post by RottenBlackRoses » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:13 pm

Those people are missin out if he has lost some.
I've been a Michael Jackson fan since 9 years old and I'm 21 now and I'm still a fan.!.