Breaking news: Janet Arvizo charged with Welfare Fraud

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:25 pm

i cant tell you how hard i laughed when i heard about this story. this woman deserves everything thats coming to her. i hope she gets a real nasty punishment. :)

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:07 pm

Mom of Michael Jackson's accuser charged with fraud
By Dan Whitcomb
2 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The mother of the teenage boy who accused Michael Jackson of sex abuse was charged with welfare fraud on Tuesday by prosecutors who say she lied about her finances when she applied for public assistance.

The woman, who was called a con artist and a welfare cheat by Jackson's attorneys as they successfully defended the pop star at his child molestation trial this summer, faces arrest if she fails to surrender by September 7, prosecutors said.

"These charges are the result of a very careful investigation of allegations that she basically lied to receive aid," Los Angeles District Attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said. "We felt the evidence was sufficient to file these counts.

The charges stem from information the mother provided to welfare officials and not her testimony at the Jackson trial, which ended when the 46-year-old entertainer was cleared by a jury in June.

Prosecutors say the mother, whose name has been withheld by most U.S. news organizations to protect her son's identity, defrauded the welfare system out some $18,000.

She could face more than five years in prison if she is convicted. Her civil attorney, William Dickerman, said he could not comment on the criminal charges and did not know if she had retained another lawyer.

She was called to the witness stand in the Jackson case by Santa Barbara County District Attorney Tom Sneddon but refused to testify about her finances or welfare applications on the grounds that doing so could incriminate her.

Jackson's lead defense attorney, Tom Mesereau said Jackson had been informed of the charges.

"I have always maintained that the case against Michael Jackson was a fraud and a disgrace and these charges confirm that," Mesereau told Reuters.

"We brought this information to District Attorney Sneddon early on in the case hoping that he would dismiss the charges against Michael Jackson," he said. "Unfortunately he was stubborn and denied our request."

According to court documents the investigation was prompted by a tip from a private investigator in February 2005, after jury selection began in the Jackson trial. But Gibbons said her office did not pursue the case because of the Jackson case.

"We have a whole division devoted to filing these types of cases," Gibbons said. "(Someone) may say $18,000 is not a lot of money, but this is the taxpayers' money and it's supposed to go to people who can't afford to care for themselves or their children."

Source: Yahoo! News

MJPowerOfLove

Post by MJPowerOfLove » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:10 pm

:thumbsup

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:20 pm

Its about time! My co-worker and myself said along she needs to be charge with fraud. This bitch is a con-artist and the real victim is not her lying ass son but Michael Jackson who deserve to be acquitted of those ridiculous charges. I hope she get want she deserves for all the pain she caused
and the embrassments she put on herself.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:38 pm

Check out this snippet from the CNN article:
[blockquote]An arraignment was set for September 7. CNN is withholding the woman's name so as not to identify her minor son.

Also Tuesday, Jackson's lead defense attorney, Thomas Mesereau Jr., told CNN that his strategy of getting the mother on the witness stand to challenge her credibility was almost derailed when "certain individuals" prematurely reported the alleged fraud to welfare officials.

"I later learned that for weeks she refused to testify after learning of the complaint," Mesereau said. "Fortunately, the (Santa Barbara County District Attorney's) office spent weeks convincing her to take the stand."

"God was with us."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/23/jackson.accuser/[/blockquote]
So that's probably why Mesereau wanted control over the "case". He needed her on that stand. And although people around Mike wanted to get the truth out, that could have prevented her from testifying and being shown for the complete liar that she is.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:38 pm

Originally posted by whisper
Now, Jackson is free and the mother of his accuser is facing a possible prison sentence.
:crackingu

-Michael's#1girlie-

Post by -Michael's#1girlie- » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:19 pm

:crackingu bitch

MICHAEL WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Adamo is so hot!

Check out my fanfic: Love that was never suppose to happen

MJ_FAN_FOR_LIFE733

Post by MJ_FAN_FOR_LIFE733 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:54 pm

Right back at you, JaNuT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crackingu

The Angel of Innocence :heart2:

mjlovergurl

Post by mjlovergurl » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 pm

karma is a bitch! yes!!!! funny how michael goes free and this whore is going to jail! dont you just love karma sometimes! hehehe!! :banana-mu :lol: :D :thumbsup :tooexcite :wink :bleh: :crackingu

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:16 pm

It's not funny how Michael goes free. He didn't commit a crime like Janet Arvizo. Felonious nutcase.

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:07 am

:lol:

alfredo

Post by alfredo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:01 am

I have a strange and gleeful feeling about these turns of events. I don't want to get to far ahead of the story or go into wishful thinking (or provide the enemy with a road map), but...

What happens when Momma Nutso gets questioned/threatened about not only this fraud but the JCPenney's case? If she doesn't enter a guilty plea immediately, the prosecutor will go on the hunt for more info against her. The statute of criminal limitations on the theft by deception (JCPenney) is not over. If prosecutors were to give her ex a pass, he might spill the beans big time which would add perjury to the Jackson case for her and the little munskins from hell. It would get her close to 180K in theft. The lawyer for JCPenneys would be gald to help. He call this a long time ago. His client could get a little sweet revenge. They all testified to the brutality to which they suffered at the hands of JCPenney guards. Of course, Santa Babara won't prosecute but L.A. has control over the JC Penneys incident. And of course, the bad ass kids are not in danger (maybe the sister. She was of legal age when she lied on the stand)

Like I said, this is only possible if moma plays hardball. The prosecutor is holding all the cards. If they let her off with some slap of the risk, they'll be accused of bias prosecution. Moma Nutjob probably thought Tommy Sneddumb was going to magically protect her. She turned on the father of her kids, I hope she rats Sneddon out.

We all know that she was coached, cajoled, and hyped into making this case. Sneddon met her and soiled himself. This didn't just come together. Sneddon was an active participant. Remember, everyone who looked at this case wanted to drop it, even members of his own police dept. It's going to come out. Rats always rat-out one another.

At any rate, this helps on so many levels. Dirty Diane Diamond's book will be hurt by this. The idiot jury members book/movie deal will suffer. And any pending litigation by this wacko family is in the toilet. And as an added bonus, all of those "pundits" that tried their best to revive this woman's credibility are wiping more egg off their face.

This is getting interesting.

Whisper, we might want to delete this response if you think it provided too much info (wishful thinking) No hard feeling if you do :<)

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:51 am

"What goes around/ comes around, yeah.."..LOL! :laugh Karma's sure one hell of a bitch, man.. :bleh: :D Hell, if I were Michael, I would ****in' testify against her bitch ass....LMAO :lol:

Justice sure is sweet! :D :drinkingb
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:29 am

Yall can watch CBS's report about it. They have comments from the Los Angeles DA's spokesperson:

HERE

frozen rose

Post by frozen rose » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:41 am

cheers whisper.
[align=center]Image

Johnny Depp. Anime/Manga. Michael Jackson <3[/align]