Jackson approaches Kanye West to produce next album?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:53 pm

Originally posted by floacist
I dont get what his being cocky has anything to do with his ability to produce amazing records like he has done in the past. He has produced alot of Jay Z stuff and Jay Z is a legend in Hip Hop music and I doubt Kanye talks like he is hot shit around him so why would he do that around Michael?
I don't think Kanye's all that great & I don't think the records he produces are all that amazing either. I don't know how he acts around Jay-Z or how he would act around Michael, all I know is that I don't like his cocky arrogant attitude & i don't think his work is anything special. I'd prefer Michael work with someone else!

floacist

Post by floacist » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:14 pm

Originally posted by Cristine87
I don't think Kanye's all that great & I don't think the records he produces are all that amazing either. I don't know how he acts around Jay-Z or how he would act around Michael, all I know is that I don't like his cocky arrogant attitude & i don't think his work is anything special. I'd prefer Michael work with someone else!

Thats your opinon and thats fine.I happen to prefer Michael with a good ol jheri curl but you dont hear me saying anything cause he is his own person and clearly in charge of his own career.I just didnt know that a grown man and musical legend like Michael has to be told who or who not to work with thats all. Regardless of who he works with its going to be great because its HIS music.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:19 pm

To all of you who thinks the Invincible album aint that great.
If you have a really good stereo - turn the music very loud and then listen to the great and unique sound. It is amazing, and you cant find it anywhere else than that album.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:24 pm

Kanye would ressurect Michael to the current MTV scene...just think: Kanye did that for many artists including Common.

I truly hope this pans out; and it's true. I think it is true. I think Kanye will produce SOME songs for MJ's next album.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:32 pm

Originally posted by floacist
I just didnt know that a grown man and musical legend like Michael has to be told who or who not to work with thats all.
I'm not telling Michael who to work with. I'm just giving my honest opinion. I'm not always gonna agree with everything Michael does

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:36 pm

Originally posted by Shannon
If you have a really good stereo - turn the music very loud and then listen to the great and unique sound. It is amazing, and you cant find it anywhere else than that album.
I agree! I love Invincible & I feel it was a very underrated album. The problem with that album is that only one music video & a couple of singles were released. Had more singles & videos been released, it would've sold way more.

lia

Post by lia » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:34 am

kanye is full of ****ing shit man!!
'bout he don't have time, he's probably called his hole family and told them!!
but his musics tight still.

LoveMeIfYouDare

Post by LoveMeIfYouDare » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:28 am

i dunno bout Kanye...i've heard a couple of his songs n they r ok i guess.but if he can help michael to produce some kick ass album den im allfor it:)
It won\\\'t do, to dream of caramel, to think of cinnamon, and long for you...

HotMJ!

Post by HotMJ! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:17 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168551,00.html

"....Try to imagine Marvin Gaye not composing all of "What's Going On?" but splicing together other people's music and recordings over which he'd chant his musings. He would have been laughed out of the business.

But times have changed. We have Alicia Keys, Anthony Hamilton, Legend and just a few R&B performers who can actually create music. The rest has to be a clever construction.

Maybe that's why West's comments on Friday night felt so jarring. As he made his unscripted remarks about race, he was sporting his usual Ralph Lauren Polo ensemble. These would be the same clothes worn by President Bush's Kennebunkport relatives as they gaped at their television sets."

:lol: :bleh:

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:41 am

:laugh

cecilia

Post by cecilia » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:31 pm

Originally posted by Shannon
YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT!!! The music is incredible, I just loooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite
We gossip about others because we are not sufficiently interested in the process of our own thinking and of our own action. Generally, when we gossip it is to condemn others, but, stretching it charitably, it is perhaps to imitate others.Catch yourself the next time you are gossiping about somebody; if you are aware of it, it will indicate an awful lot to you about yourself. Don\\\\\\\'t cover it up by saying that you are merely inquisitive about others. It indicates restles

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:37 pm

Originally posted by cecilia
YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT!!! The music is incredible, I just loooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tooexcite :tooexcite :tooexcite
It truly is :) I just wish other people would give it a chance and listen. I know a lot of people would change their mind. Invincible is way too underrated. :(
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Danielle Oliver

Post by Danielle Oliver » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Doesn´t matter what Kanye West think about himself. What really matters is to make an sucessfull album. A great come back like Mariah did. I think that is good for Michael to change a little bit his style, do something that people don´t expect. I still think that Jermaine Dupri must work with Michael, "Emancipation of Mimi" it´s a great album.

JordanMC

Post by JordanMC » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:54 pm

Yes; it seems hip-hop is the main formula to be used for a comeback.

Mariah did it, you are right Danielle. However, I can't see Michael singing songs like 'Shake It Off' or 'It's Like That'.
[align=center]

?[/align]

-JANIE-

Post by -JANIE- » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:07 am

Excuse me if I'm about to show my age here but who the HELL is Kanye West? I've never heard of him! :D

As far as some of the comments you guys have made about his personality, I honestly can't see him and Michael hitting it off together. For a start, Michael is sooo modest - he doesn't even keep trophies or awards or disks or anything in his house. I really can't see him clicking with some arrogant person who already made a statement saying "He might not have time."

Excuse me but I'm now having to step very quickly aside - as I'm literally being shoved outa the way by hundreds of well respected artists and producers lining up ready to cut of their arms for the chance to work with Michael!!!!
Michael - your smile is the window to your soul