Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

historythiller

Post by historythiller » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:13 pm

Created: Tuesday, 06 September 2005

Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song Fundraising Project titled:
“From the Gulf to the Gulf”

Within 24 hours, Mr. Jackson will be reaching out to other recording superstars asking that they join him in this project to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina

Washington, D.C. ……. In response to the widespread devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina, Recording Superstar Michael Jackson has been moved to pen a song, with the working title, “From the Bottom of My Heart.”

Hoping to rekindle the success of “We Are the World,” which he wrote and produced, and which raised millions of dollars for aid to Africa, Mr. Jackson will be enlisting, within the next 24 hours, the involvement of other recording superstars to join him in this project. It is his intention to record this record within the next two weeks.

“It pains me to watch the human suffering taking place in the Gulf Region of my country,” says Mr. Jackson. “My heart and prayers go out to every individual who has had to endure the pain and suffering caused by this tragedy. I will be reaching out to others within the music industry, to join me in helping to bring relief and hope to these resilient people who have lost everything.”

The song will be recorded on 2 Seas Records, a label owned by Prince Abdulla Hamad Alkhalifa of Bahrain. All proceeds from the sale will be donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Further details will follow.

Source: Raymone K. Bain http://mjjsource.com/main/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=32

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:21 pm

Do you think it will be successful?

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:29 pm

This made me so happy. This shows once more what Michael Jackson is made of. Inside my heart I knew for a couple of days now that this would be so him, but I never quite dared to believe he would do it. Michael never stops giving. Michael's heart is really made of gold. And once more he brought me to tears...
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Kanya

Post by Kanya » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:33 pm

I do pray that it will...Michael, the world is in you, you feel its each joy, suffering, its intensity and numbness...As you have said, you have the sense of world in you and you are her beloved child able to chase the blues away...

You are Happy to me, and your native land in dire need shall also be happy...

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:34 pm

Support this single by preventing another 'What More Can I Give' delay.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:37 pm

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
Do you think it will be successful?
Personally, I don't feel it matters that much if it will be successful or not. Of course, it will certainly earn more money if it will, but I think its great anyhow.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Kanya

Post by Kanya » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:37 pm

Shannon, O, :present: :present: :note: ...Michael could not have done otherwise...

P0P007
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by P0P007 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:39 pm

Michael can't save the entire world, we all know he is a great humanitarian and wants peace worldwide. But I would prefer if Michael would stay low and to strike when the moment is right in the music scene, just my opinion

P dub

Post by P dub » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:42 pm

I hope that this will get a lot of money and b successful but now this proves that Mj is back and ready to work im sooooooo happy who knows whats to come of this.
But im sooo glad that mj is doin this
\\\\\\\" I\\\\\\\'ll Show My Brotha

How To Do The Thing Right

Lift Up Your Head

And Show The World You Got Pride

Go For What You Want

Don\\\\\\\'t Let \\\\\\\'Em Get In Your Way

You Can Be A Winner

If You Keep The Faith

Straighten Out Yourself

And Get Your Mind On Track

dust Off Your Butt

And Get Your Self-Respect Back

You\\\\\\\'ve Known Me Long

Enough

To Know That I Don\\\\\\\'t Play

Take It Like You Want It

But You Got To Keep The Faith\\\\\\\"

:: MICHAEL JACKSON::

: AKA THE KING OF POP :

::PDUB::

: AKA THE PRINCE :

:welovemj :mjistheki

:invincibl :mjblue

DarkChild

Post by DarkChild » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:56 pm

Originally posted by P0P007
Michael can't save the entire world, we all know he is a great humanitarian and wants peace worldwide. But I would prefer if Michael would stay low and to strike when the moment is right in the music scene, just my opinion
Michael can do what he wants. In case you hadn't noticed, theres been a massive hurricane and it's killed thousands of people, killed a whole city and many people are still dying and are without rescue. If Michael wants to do a song with other artists to HELP why the hell shouldn't he? Its a darn right good idea, these people need help. It's NOT about his career. It's NOT about making a 'strike' on the music scene. It's about raising money to help others. God damn.

Oh and he's not trying to save the entire world, so don't make another f*cking ignorant comment like that again. Every little helps dude.
[align=center][/align]

[align=center]a week in the life of my music...[/align]

[COLOR=\\\"Navy][align=center]Big <333 for Elliot Yamin!!!!1111[/align][/COLOR]

ThrillerGirl_

Post by ThrillerGirl_ » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:57 pm

Awww, this makes me love Michael even more. He just never stops giving. :heart2: I can't wait to hear it and personally I think this is a great project. I'm sure it'll be successful. :D
[align=center]\\\"People don't know what it's like for me. No one knows, really. No one should judge what i've done with my life. Not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night.\\\"

Michael Jackson - 1995

~

I'm back biatches!
[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:58 pm

somehow I knew that Michael would find a way to reach out to the Hurricane victims, because that's just the sweet kind of person he is. He never fails to reach out to people in times of need.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

ThrillerGirl_

Post by ThrillerGirl_ » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:59 pm

Originally posted by DarkChild
Michael can do what he wants. In case you hadn't noticed, theres been a massive hurricane and it's killed thousands of people, killed a whole city and many people are still dying and are without rescue. If Michael wants to do a song with other artists to HELP why the hell shouldn't he? Its a darn right good idea, these people need help. It's NOT about his career. It's NOT about making a 'strike' on the music scene. It's about raising money to help others. God damn.

Oh and he's not trying to save the entire world, so don't make another f*cking ignorant comment like that again. Every little helps dude.

*applause* :thumbsup
[align=center]\\\"People don't know what it's like for me. No one knows, really. No one should judge what i've done with my life. Not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night.\\\"

Michael Jackson - 1995

~

I'm back biatches!
[/align]

P0P007
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by P0P007 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:06 pm

he's not trying to save the entire world, so don't make another f*cking ignorant comment
Wo somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this moring, I was just saying my opinion as I stated perfectly clear... of course I know Michael is free to do what he wants, nobody can control him but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to share my 2 cents. Hurricane's happen all over the world, not just in the USA, even though its sad to hear what happen so chill out, and relax cause you seem to be the one that is acting ignorant with such a rediculous angry reply for no reason.

Off_the_wall

Post by Off_the_wall » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:09 pm

Originally posted by DarkChild

ooooh yees! :drinkingb
SARAH