The difference between WANTING to believe something and the TRUTH?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:27 pm

I was over at MJJF and there was a topic about whether or not Michael Jackson should be blamed for other people taking advanage of him (or at least that's the way i initially interpreted it).

Anyway, one of the posters was of the opinion that as an adult, Michael should be responsible for his actions and that people are bound to think that you're a child molester if you let people sleep in your room.

My point wasn't even to argue about whether or not to let someone sleep in your room. I'm never going to change my view that someone should NOT be guilty by engaging in a LEGAL activity, especially considering that just Mike's "room" is the size of a large condo.

What I really wanted to point out is that there is a difference between WANTING to believe what you want to believe, AND WANTING to put someone in jail solely based on that unfounded opinion.

So I'm going to repost what I posted over there:

I couldn't give 2 $hits about what people THINK in that regard. The main problem happens when people try to put you in JAIL for doing something which isn't illegal to do. It happens when people want to believe what they WANT to believe, instead of accepting the truth.

As an adult, you MUST also understand the difference between committing a crime and not committing one. Taking responsibility is one thing. But trying to falsely put someone in prison is another.

I simply don't get why some people just don't want to accept the fact that this may have HAD TO happen to him for a reason. No one here knows what path God has set down for Michael Jackson to walk. That's between him and Jesus.

If this had to happen to force him to step into whatever larger role he must play as a human being, then that's the way it had to be. Realize that this brotha is on another level of spiritual consciousness that some folk (even fans) may not want to accept.

Maybe this happened so he can finally become the man he is supposed to be and to be mentally and emotionally strong enough to raise those babies of his.

Neverland was wide open before this incident. There were crooks, thieves, shysters and opportunists draining his funds and stealing his children's future before this incident. And even some people actually believed he was a "child molester" before this trial and have changed their minds because of this recent trial. So $hit happens......but sometimes it happens for a reason.

I know just being involved in watching and reporting about this trial has made me 10 times more alert and analytical than I was before. And that was just a minor side effect just from me watching his life experiences unfold before my eyes.

I'm consigned to the fact that the journey he is on is not something I can or should seek to control. All I know is that WHEN he starts kicking a$s and taking names (if he hasn't already), I'll be right here to support him.

What do yall think?
You can also send me your AUDIO commentary about this topic: radio@mjeol.com

OR you can leave a voice mail message about this:
425-648-4907

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:41 pm

Whisper, if I call that number, I can just leave a quick voicemail of my opinion?

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie@Nov 3 2005, 01:41 AM
Whisper, if I call that number, I can just leave a quick voicemail of my opinion?
[align=right][post=136230]Quoted post[/post][/align]
Yep.

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:49 pm

K, I'll do so in a minute.

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:50 pm

Whisper, check to see if you got my message! LOL!

abbymjgirl

Post by abbymjgirl » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:52 pm

I couldn't give 2 $hits about what people THINK in that regard. The main problem happens when people try to put you in JAIL for doing something which isn't illegal to do. It happens when people want to believe what they WANT to believe, instead of accepting the truth.
Mmm-hmm. *agrees*

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

I see it from both sides. I agree with what you said, I do.

But, after 1993...I honestly feel like Michael should have been more careful. Those assholes should never have been able to be that close to him. They are so, so crooked it so disheartening to think they were around him and his children on a daily basis.

Even I, when I saw them on LWMJ grimmaced. Not because of the same reasons everyone else did, but because Gavin...I just had a nasty feeling about him and I felt that because of the way MJ is/was he wouldn't have noticed or he would have chose to ingore anything that seemed suspect.

Then there is the other stuff that people pick on him for. Some of it is totally out of his control, some of it dare I say, he brought on himself. And please, I don't need to be chewed out for saying that. We all put ourselves in shitpiles every so often, Michael is no exception. He's only human.

I'm sure he's on guard now though.

That said, I don't think he should be blamed for putting himself in every mess he's been in. 1993 was unexpected I'm very sure. He most definately does not need to be and shouldn't be jailed for breaking the norm.

Michael gets so much shit because he's different. That's all there is to it. If he were anyone else...as in..what the media would deem 'normal' they would back off.

I feel like we will see a change in Michael though. I really do.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:00 pm

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie@Nov 3 2005, 01:50 AM
Whisper, check to see if you got my message! LOL!
[align=right][post=136234]Quoted post[/post][/align]
I got it! Thanks for the commentary J!

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:03 pm

Originally posted by whisper@Nov 3 2005, 02:00 AM
I got it! Thanks for the commentary J!
[align=right][post=136242]Quoted post[/post][/align]
Yay.  :applehead No problem.

Whenever you request member insight, 'Ill Be There'.  :)

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:07 pm

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie@Nov 3 2005, 02:03 AM
Yay. :applehead No problem.

Whenever you request member insight, 'Ill Be There'. :)
[align=right][post=136244]Quoted post[/post][/align]
Pun intended, huh? :lol:

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 pm

Originally posted by whisper@Nov 2 2005, 08:27 PM

I simply don't get why some people just don't want to accept the fact that this may have HAD TO happen to him for a reason. No one here knows what path God has set down for Michael Jackson to walk. That's between him and Jesus.
[align=right][post=136225]Quoted post[/post][/align]
I have to respond to this one too because I never get that explaination.

If this was a divine matter then why be angry at Janet Arviso and her family? If God purposely put her in the path of Michael so she can do what she did, put Michael what he went through, why are we mad?

Why are we all rooting for her to go to jail..ect ect?

:idontknow
And even some people actually believed he was a "child molester" before this trial and have changed their minds because of this recent trial.
But not enough changed their minds. At least not in my opinion. I haven't seen any change in attitute towards him or anything. People are too cruel, too close minded, and too stupid to believe any different than they already do about him.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Originally posted by ~Vicky~@Nov 3 2005, 02:12 AM
I have to respond to this one too because I never get that explaination.

If this was a divine matter then why be angry at Janet Arviso and her family? If God purposely put her in the path of Michael so she can do what she did, put Michael what he went through, why are we mad?

Why are we all rooting for her to go to jail..ect ect?

:idontknow
But not enough changed their minds. At least not in my opinion. I haven't seen any change in attitute towards him or anything. People are too cruel, too close minded, and too stupid to believe any different than they already do about him.
[align=right][post=136248]Quoted post[/post][/align]
You can be both. You can be pissed at Arvizo for doing it, and accept the fact that he would have had to go through something like that. But If it wasn't her, then some other family would have tried it, so I don't think she was put on this earth specifically to screw over Michael Jackson.

Let me use a very extreme example. To me, when you ask that question, it's like asking "Why be mad at Judas for betraying Jesus? If that was his path, then why are we mad?" OR "Why be mad a Ponchus Pilot for torturing and crucifying him? It had to happen, so why are we angry?"

See how ridiculous that sounds? You can be angry AND accept something for what it is.

For all we know, this one is the one that had to go through the process to prevent some other more sinister plan from hatching. See, I mean there are just things we may never know about this entire situation, including what Mike's divine path is.
I've actually seen quite a few people who thought this entire case was bull$hit. So I guess we all have different experiences based on who we're around.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:57 pm

I totally agree with you on that whisper, right on!

I mean, why should Michael be blamed for being himself? Sure he should have been more careful, but I think he knows that now. What one person thinks is normal may not seem normal to you or me. Michael has never lived a normal life, which is sad.
What's wrong with him doing what he wants to do?

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:18 pm

Originally posted by whisper@Nov 2 2005, 10:50 PM
You can be both. You can be pissed at Arvizo for doing it, and accept the fact that he would have had to go through something like that.  But If it wasn't her, then some other family would have tried it, so I don't think she was put on this earth specifically to screw over Michael Jackson.

Let me use a very extreme example. To me, when you ask that question, it's like asking "Why be mad at Judas for betraying Jesus? If that was his path, then why are we mad?"  OR "Why be mad a Ponchus Pilot for torturing and crucifying him? It had to happen, so why are we angry?"

See how ridiculous that sounds? You can be angry AND accept something for what it is.

For all we know, this one is the one that had to go through the process to prevent some other more sinister plan from hatching. See, I mean there are just things we may never know about this entire situation, including what Mike's divine path is.
I've actually seen quite a few people who thought this entire case was bull$hit. So I guess we all have different experiences based on who we're around.
[align=right][post=136259]Quoted post[/post][/align]
You can be angry and accept something for what it is? It is true. But that wasn't my point.

For example, I can be angry if someone I love dies..say this someone died in a car accident caused by a drunk college kid....but say I accept it and say it was God's plan. I'm angry and sad and frustrated, yes. But what if I start saying, 'God, punish this kid for what he did!'

It wouldn't make any sense to ask him or for him to punish someone for something he set to happen.

I guess I've just heard too many conflicting things when it comes to that. But it's really a whole different issue...so I won't go there.

And sure some people have changed their tunes, but I don't think enough have...not when you see what MJ went through, and how easy it was it see this case for what it was.

Be it the polls, commentary, or just talking to the average joe...too many of them still think the worst.

But one day Michael will have his say. No one has ever, ever heard his side of the story in either case other than to hear him say 'I am innocent.' I think that is amazing, we've never heard him say 'Okay, this is my take on what happened. This what really happened.' Meanwhile, everyone else in the world has had theirs.

Maybe the world just needs to hear his side from his own mouth.

PanGieE_S2_U

Post by PanGieE_S2_U » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:39 am

You kno what i think? I don't think God intentionally put Janet Arvizo there to create all this crap.. cos remember.. we have  freewill.. God does not control us in what we do.
Arvizo ( is that how u spell it?) is just a low life loser who is mentally unstable. She's one of those greedy people out there. and no one can really put a stop to it, because theres just soo many different personalities out there.  But i do believe that God can predict what a person will and will not do.. God already knows that Avizo is the type of person who only cares for herself. God is not the bad guy here, he doesnt control what people do, nor do anything if someone betrays the other, or someone does something bad to another. God loves all people, he wont get one to stab another's back.. its because of freewill in this corrupted world,  full of money greedy people that's why theres ppl like Arvizo!

Anywho.. i do believe, that in this world, no one at all can have a perfectly satisfying life  because thats just how it is.
I also believe, everything happens for a reason, Maybe in this situation it was closure from the 1993 thing that happened? cos since alot of people believed that he paid the 1993 ppl 'hush money', this case was to show that he wants to fight the accusers, to show that he didnt do anything wrong in the first place.
What doesnt kill you, makes u stronger. i  think Michael has  most definitely grown stronger. which is good for him considering that the press makes all these stories up, maybe one day he'll show everyone who he truly really is.

Well thats what i think anyway.
DOWN WITH THE RUMORS!  :protest