Is \'the magic and the madness a nice book?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJslave

Post by MJslave » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:50 am

Well coz it's my b.day soon my mummy has to buy me some pressies and she was gonna get me 'the magic and the madness coz it's on sale at the front of this book shop. But she decided to bring up the book to see what I had to say about it and I said 'are you planning on buying it for me coz I dunno how nice it is' and she said that she wanted to make she it wasn't mean first coz she didn't want to get me something that was gonna be horrible. So I was just wondering if you guys can let me know what it's like.
I LOVE MICHAEL

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:21 am

Its crap, all they do is bad talk michael. Do NOT buy this piece of CRAP. Seriously, if you want a good book go out and find Moonwalk or the ET storybook or sumthing :):)
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

IrishFaery

Post by IrishFaery » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:03 am

Agree with Blame it on the Boogie:
Please don't support this joker. He gets too much attention as it is. I know, as a writer, I shouldn't say such things. But I think karma will cut me a break in this situation.

If you don't have it, try and find Dancing the Dream. Or My Family, the Jacksons by Katherine Jackson.
[align=center]Image[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:13 am

The author is an asshole and his "facts" are shady at best. He's the one that has parlayed an entire career out of one interview with Michael Jackson WAY back in the day.

xiena

Post by xiena » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:36 am

Its full of crap and tabloid, plus he has some really simple facts wrong ex. he said that MJ wrote and composed YANA!! if he can't freakin get the info from the album's booklet right.. wht can he get right?!!

[align=center]Before You Judge Me

Try Hard To Love Me[/align]

linzfinz03

Post by linzfinz03 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Here is what Karen Faye had to say about it:

I find that much of Randy Taraborelli's information is inaccurate.
I usually check out these, so called "insider's" information to see if they really
know anything, especially on things that I know, because I was there....he's wrong!
Love,
Karen

http://mjnewsonline.com/board/showthrea ... post171396

DaNcInG mAcHiNe

Post by DaNcInG mAcHiNe » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Nah,i wouldnt bother asking your mum for this book MJslave, it's not worth it. The whole book is full of crap and it's just a money making scheme. Tarraborelli acts like he knows everything about Michael when he actually knows nothing. As Whisper said, he bases his 'info' on one interview.

MJJ_Lover

Post by MJJ_Lover » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:49 pm

I would try to get 'Dancing the Dream' off of Ebay, Amazon, etc. instead. You can get it for real cheep off of Ebay. :)

And I agree with everyone here; his sources are also money-hungry people such as Blanca Franca. There's a portion of the book devoted to her allegations, even though she actually admitted that she was lying. It's a tabloid book.
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

Ben

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:18 am

The first edition of "The Magic & The Madness" that was released in 1991 was fairly objective, even though some of the stories were hard to believe.

The upadted 1995 edtion of "The Magic & The Madness" is very pro Michael regards the false Chandler allegations from 1993, but in this book you can see J.Randy Tarraborelli is begining to go in to fiction as some of the updated parts of the book seem too insightfull to be believable, ie how the hell can J.Randy Tarraborelli quote word for word conversations Michael's had.

The most recent 2003 edition of the book is pure crap. Too many tabloid lies like Michael has to where a plastic tip on his nose because of too many nose jobs, NOW THAT'S A LIE. Once again I find the word for word conversations Michael's had with people unbelieveable, such as the conversation Michael had with Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. I feel with this book Tarraborelli has tried to remain objective, but has tried to please the media by making there tabloid lies appear as the truth.

I read the updated 2003 edition of The Magic & The Madness in Borders bookshop, and I was quite disgusted by the book, but the disgust I had was just the unreliable source and tabloid lies it was also the immature way the book is written which borders on fantasy. In fact this edition made me laugh because the Tarraborelli has lost the plot. I no longer have any respect for Tarraborelli and I sure as hell don't regard him as Michael's biographer or any kind of Michael Jackson expert as he's just in it for making money.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

MJJ_Lover

Post by MJJ_Lover » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:30 am

Hasn't he also made appearances on Entertainment Tonight and other shows to throw his 2 cents in about Michael, capitalising off of certain law suits etc.?
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

floetic_justice

Post by floetic_justice » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:47 pm

One word: NO.
..............mJJackson pOOkie beAr.

Puff\\\'s Brown Eyed Angel.

[ FLOACiST ]

[ FLOACiSM ]

[ FLOETRY ]

[ FLOETiC ]

[ FLO\\\'OLOGY ]

Phenomenal Woman,

that\\\'s me.

minnie michael

Post by minnie michael » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:11 pm

just like all of u said that book is full of crap..that author is that biggest fool who depend on make up Mike's stroies to get money..i will never forget how i felt upset the whole 2003 summber by reading that crap book online..i had already felt ashamed of myself...how much i am foolish to read that crap once and got too much anger by it??? :(

please tell all of fans in the world..: DO NOT spend our money on those crap..do NOT support our haters and send our money into haters' pocket.. :respectmembers

TO Michael,

i believe in you , i support you, i love you, please forever believe in me, Michael, i am your super-duper fan in a place far away from you, but distance canot stop me from supporting you, Michael..remember, when you look up the blue sky, you can see countless of your loyal fans\\\' smile faces, i am one of them..

forever..loyal to you..

yours fan..forever.. :thumbsu

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:48 am

Terrible book. Awful author. I bought it and read it and really regret it. :nonono:

Oooh I rhymed! :applehead :lol:

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:40 am

Like everyone said, he's full of $hit. I remember I saw his ass on Court TV the day of the verdict. Even that 48 hours report on Michael before the trial started. He doesn't what he's talking about at times and always seem the facts about Michael are truthful, but more like fiction. I read his book too and I didn't believe any of them. His mother's book, My Family, The Jacksons is the best one, because Katherine knows all of her children.

privacy

Post by privacy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:06 pm

It's mainly pro michael buts its mostly BS too..

Dancing the Dream is more worth your money :) Or Redemption by Geraldine Hughes.
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]