How would you market and promo Mike\'s next album?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:10 pm

I'm just curious to know how some of you would market and promo Mike's next album?

Would you do some special kind of marketing idea? Would you want him to sign an exclusive deal with, say, iPOD or something like that?

If Mike called you up and asked you, what would you tell him? [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03fruits_apple.gif[/img]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:30 pm

OMG.

First of all, if Michael called me for advice, you'd probably find me on the floor, passed out w/the phone receiver still in my hand [img]style_emoticons//tongue.gif[/img]

I'd definitely try and promote with some creative marketing! Make everyone think that this is the Earth's last chance at a studio album, but at the same time, keep a certain level of mystique. This is Michael Jackson, his best ever. I would def. keep people anxious.

Aside from the usual tactics, ie ads on radio and T.V., I'd also do a web cast. One on one interaction from the man himself. A Q & A type thing. iPod is a really good idea as well!

I wouldn't saturate the market with cutesy crap. I'd keep everything really classy. None of those blaring ads announcing MICHAEL'S BIG COMEBACK! In fact his commercials would be with no sound. Something like a flash presentation.

That's about all I can sit and write about right now. I'm at work. I shouldn't be online in the first damn place. [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03fruits_apple.gif[/img]
[align=center]Image[/align]

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:36 pm

Im thinking along the lines of MJ Merchandising again. Think, a few months before Thriller mike released posters, stickers, dolls, clocks, jewelery, perfumes, colognes, and a lot more things. Merchandising is key (Or maybe Im just waiting for a white and sparkly MJ edition iPod...)!!! iPod skins, PS2 Wraps, Video Games, ALL new things Michael should try! Release all these things 3 or 4 month before the album and then advertise the album before Movies, like a preview! A preview with a "Stick around after the movie to see Michael Jacksons Latest Music Video...". And promote the album in Movie theaters. Get a contract with 7 up and tell sneddon to "Shove 7 UP yours!" LMAO i love my creative mind.
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

floacist

Post by floacist » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:44 pm

This is the EXACT same thing that I love talking about with Vicky!!!!

Here is my ideas:

1)Instead of a douche bag like Martin Bashir interviewing him I would want someone more laid back to have a very casual interview almost like a conversation with him to discuss MUSIC, his love life, goals, favorite things etc. Straight up I think I should be the one interviewing him so thats taken care of [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

2)Get him a STYLIST a-s-a-p! I know many of you are going to say. "He has wonderful style, he is unique!" yeah well your lying to yourself and Jesus. He has horrific style but it is unique and what makes him- him! I wouldnt totally change him or want him to lose his trademark pieces (big tinted glasses,arm bands or fedora) But he is in need of a style make over. I would want to see him in leather (thrillerish but updated) styled jackets with black pants(thats "michael" style!). Michael isnt a spring chicken anymore so I would LOVE to see him in fitted solid black suits (with NO glitter,diamonds or plastic thingys on it). Just picture him in a black fitted military styled jacket with nothing but a snug fitting v neck tee underneath with a pair of jeans! Can you say Yves Saint Laurent model??!?!?!?!??!

Sorry I get excited.

3)Hire/beat up his make up artist and/or hair sylist- Bring back the msg or earth song hair! And I dont want him to ditch make up since he has to wear medical make up and guys in eye liner makes me weak in the knees but c'mon sometimes his m.u artist needs to be slapped.

4) Have him perform a MTV-Unplugged type of televised concert. Very intimate setting where can perform his songs ACCOUSTIC style.I dont think people focus on how beautiful his voice is and in concert he performs all his up beat and over played songs which is amazing because I could watch him dance for hours but imagine Whatever Happens with Carlos Santana on the guitar ACCAPELLA?! or Butterflies with Eve! He could have a Michael Jackson and friends type of show where he can do duets with HIS favorite artists or something!

5)I wouldnt want him tied down to any specific deal because I wouldnt want another Sony incident to happen but maybe if he started up MJJ Productions with new artists as well as distributing his own music on it so he can have more freedom with everything.

6)I wouldnt have him on Oprah's show or any of the hookers on CNN (minus Larry King) but have him on fun shows like Ellen or 106 and Park on BET.

7)A tour would be a MUST but not a huge stadium experience with thousands but a smaller theatre type of show that doesnt have all the glitz and glam but simple since his talent can carry a show without it all.

Lastly I would want people to see the real him and not such an eccentric, I wouldnt expect him to wear Phat Farm and sit on the couch drinking beer or something but to see him as a brilliant musician and a wonderful family man [img]style_emoticons//smile.gif[/img]

If you read that all than I owe you a drink!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:56 pm

^ K. Read it all. You owe me a drink! No, two drinks. 2 vodkas.

That was so much fun to read. You know I love ALL your ideas, sweet thing, I agree w/every single one!

Yeah...and I can tell you just didn't come up with this, y'all been thinkin'! hahaha. You and Vicky could be his personal PR machines...that is, if I don't get to him first [img]style_emoticons//biggrin.gif[/img] I absolutely adore the idea of an unplugged concert, that would be my ultimate fantasy. That and him in a dark suit.

*gets the shakes*

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:05 pm

QUOTE(HeavenSent @ Jan 13 2006, 02:30 PM) [post=145518]Quoted post[/post]
OMG.

First of all, if Michael called me for advice, you'd probably find me on the floor, passed out w/the phone receiver still in my hand [img]style_emoticons//tongue.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons//8-26-03fruits_apple.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons//tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, I definitely think he should be creative in his approach. Try to do things that nobody (or not alot of people) has done. The traditional marketing tools like going to Late Night talk shows and other a$sholes are played out and won't work with Mike.

He should be in control of his own image. He shouldn't be so hasty put his story in the hands of other people. If he does a documentary or extensive interview, I think he should do it docu-style where he is telling his own story. And he shouldn't be so polite. I wanna hear him cuss somebody out. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

And just think about it? Things have changed SO MUCH just since the last time he had an album out where he wasn't fighting with his record label.

There is an entire world online that he can take advantage of...that is, as long as people aren't trying to take advantage of him under the guise of trying to help him.

Style: Short hair? Hum..The only kind of short hair I like is the MTV Awards performance of You Are Not Alone. You know, when it was short and curly? But definitely NOT short and straight. [img]style_emoticons//bleh.gif[/img]

An acoustic and/or symphonic performance would definitely be incredible. I know people have wished he would do more intimate shows for a long time. And he was going to do it too if he hadnt' gotten sick back in 1995 (wasn't that 1995?)

floacist

Post by floacist » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:46 pm

Duet with Missy Elliott with a 21312837189327 Million Dollar video pulling out all the stops with the dancing, thats such a fantasy [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

QUOTE(HeavenSent @ Jan 13 2006, 03:56 PM) [post=145523]Quoted post[/post]
^ K. Read it all. You owe me a drink! No, two drinks. 2 vodkas.

That was so much fun to read. You know I love ALL your ideas, sweet thing, I agree w/every single one!

Yeah...and I can tell you just didn't come up with this, y'all been thinkin'! hahaha. You and Vicky could be his personal PR machines...that is, if I don't get to him first [img]style_emoticons//biggrin.gif[/img] I absolutely adore the idea of an unplugged concert, that would be my ultimate fantasy. That and him in a dark suit.

*gets the shakes*
[/b][/quote]

Haha I owe you 2 drinks, I will write out an I.O.U. [img]style_emoticons//smile.gif[/img]

I really have thought about this, occassionally when I am bored I play dress up with Michael in my head, I kinda seem like a crazy person now that I think about it [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03blackeye.gif[/img]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:57 pm

QUOTE(whisper @ Jan 13 2006, 03:05 PM) [post=145524]Quoted post[/post]
He should be in control of his own image. He shouldn't be so hasty put his story in the hands of other people. If he does a documentary or extensive interview, I think he should do it docu-style where he is telling his own story. And he shouldn't be so polite. I wanna hear him cuss somebody out. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img][/b][/quote]

Thank you?! I would love for him to do his OWN voice overs. Totally him. Totally relaxed. And yeah, some cuss words thrown in the mix would do me quite nicely. [img]style_emoticons//biggrin.gif[/img]

There is an entire world online that he can take advantage of...that is, as long as people aren't trying to take advantage of him under the guise of trying to help him.[/b][/quote]
The net world is crraaaazy. I can imagine the frenzy.

An acoustic and/or symphonic performance would definitely be incredible. I know people have wished he would do more intimate shows for a long time. And he was going to do it too if he hadnt' gotten sick back in 1995 (wasn't that 1995?)
[/b][/quote]
Everytime I think acoustic I think of Speechless and Butterflies and She's Out of My Life. I would love to hear Stranger in Moscow. As far symphonics that would be amazing/off the chain. He's got so many songs that'd fit perfectly.

Man, Michael, READ THIS!

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:21 pm

QUOTE(floacist @ Jan 13 2006, 02:46 PM) [post=145528]Quoted post[/post]
Duet with Missy Elliott with a 21312837189327 Million Dollar video pulling out all the stops with the dancing, thats such a fantasy [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
you and me both! [img]style_emoticons//mf_w00t2.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

i love everyone's ideas. one in particular that i had was about interviews. i think Michael should get interviewed by the fans, because then he'll really get the questions we all want to know, not questions about stupid rumors & stuff.

i also think there should be a Part 2 to the Private Home Movies. that was the greatest show i've ever seen. we need to see Michael being himself more.

and one more thing, i'd like to see him host an awards show. they get to change their outfits so much, it would be a Mike fashion show. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Yep! Fan interviews would be awesome. But some of the fans who have a real grasp on the facts. Not the ones that can't stop screaming when they see him. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

QUOTEi also think there should be a Part 2 to the Private Home Movies. that was the greatest show i've ever seen. [/b][/quote]
I was just thinking about that. I'd love to see more private home movies. [img]style_emoticons//biggrin.gif[/img]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:42 pm

You just KNOW he's got some more video footage in his vaults! PHM was a big ol tease. I bet there's video of him raiding the pantry or something, hahaha. Do just like my dad, using the video camera to catch his kids tryin to sneak food in the middle of the night. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

A show like that would be a nice warming up to his new era of #1 music, I think. [img]style_emoticons//biggrin.gif[/img]

That and a documentary, narrarated by HIMSELF.

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:14 pm

maybe he should narrate audio books. he has a nice, soothing voice.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:56 pm

What about a tell all book? [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img] If Mike eva eva eva eva get pissed off enough to write a tell all book -- blasting people left and right -- that is sure to be a best seller.

He can have chapters like:

"That Bastard Marcel Avram" where he talks about visiting that German crook in jail when he was serving time for tax evasion

"Diane Dimond is Obsessed with Me". Self-explanatory [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03yuk.gif[/img]

"I Wouldn't Spit on Him if He Were On Fire" where he talks about that a$$hole Martin Bashir

"Rogue's Gallery" where he talks about all of the crooked people he's dealt with.

"Lying Liars" where he talks about Gavin Arvizo, Jason Francia and the cast of characters who have leveled false allegations against him.

[img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

I'm for real. [img]style_emoticons//bleh.gif[/img]

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Felicia...back away from the keyboard and take two deep breaths. In and out.....that's right...in and out....

LOL!

floacist

Post by floacist » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:46 pm

QUOTE(~Vicky~ @ Jan 13 2006, 07:12 PM) [post=145548]Quoted post[/post]
Felicia...back away from the keyboard and take two deep breaths. In and out.....that's right...in and out....

LOL!
[/b][/quote]

Crystal, you know what? next time I feel passionate about a certain issue I will just shut up and I will never ever state my opinons ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03ranting.gif[/img]

PS. I am pretty sure I would give anything to hear a Blues/ Jazz type of album from Michael [img]style_emoticons//wub.gif[/img]